HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Anthony Stacy for FCPS School Board
Posted by: 11/3/2015 ()
Date: September 22, 2015 08:03PM

http://www.anthonyforschoolboard.com/

Master's degree in a related field?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anthony Stacy for FCPS School Board
Posted by: > ()
Date: October 02, 2015 09:58AM

>

Posted by: Taxpayer02 ()
Date: October 02, 2015 05:12PM

Stacy is a pompous jerk. He knows nothing about the school system. He gets a NO WAY vote!

Posted by: we need the incumbents GONE ()
Date: October 02, 2015 05:16PM

Somehow I doubt Stacy would allow a school to run Boosterthon, which wastes about $10,000 worth of instructional time.

Somehow I doubt Stacy would allow a school to hire Eric Jensen, a former English teacher with a couple of online degrees, to consult on neuroscience for $9,000 a day.

Somehow I doubt Stacy would allow a school to hire Flip Flippen, who is nothing more than a marriage counselor and horse trainer.

HE HAS MY VOTE.

The current batch of them will end up doubling everyone's taxes to pay for this crap.

Posted by: Teacher61348 ()
Date: October 02, 2015 05:47PM

As a teacher who is not paid much at all... I'm all for raising some sort of tax to get a raise! All Stacy cares about is the transgender issue which isn't an issue in most schools - except with the few phobic adults who try to make it a big deal. Stacy doesn't understand this area and has no background in education. Listen to him - he is not tuned in to teachers and schools. Some SB members do need to go - McElveen for one, but Stacy is not the answer.

Posted by: hot for teacher? ()
Date: October 02, 2015 07:49PM

Teacher61348 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> As a teacher who is not paid much at all... I'm
> all for raising some sort of tax to get a raise!
> All Stacy cares about is the transgender issue
> which isn't an issue in most schools - except with
> the few phobic adults who try to make it a big
> deal. Stacy doesn't understand this area and has
> no background in education. Listen to him - he is
> not tuned in to teachers and schools. Some SB
> members do need to go - McElveen for one, but
> Stacy is not the answer.

We're not putting up with a tax increase as long as FCPS allows Boosterthon (it consumes instructional hours), Eric Jensen (English teacher with an online Ph.D., now an expert in neuroscience for $9,000 a day), Flip Flippen (a marriage counselor holding himself out as a psychotherapist), and the Buck Institute. Then we have Karen Garza's $2000/month housing allowance and travel to California, Florida, Denmark and South Korea.

FCPS is making your raise choice for you. If your principal wants to bring in Boosterthon, multiply the 2-3 hours Boosterthon takes times $13.00 (the cost of an instructional hour) times the number of students. Your principal just flushed that down the toilet.

Yes, McElveen has go to, as do others. "Compared to what" Stacy is not that bad, the transgender initiative is just another money sink. New bathrooms and locker rooms at every school? Hiring Caitlyn Jenner as a transgender consultant? And you want a raise?

Dream on.

Posted by: Voting for Hough ()
Date: October 02, 2015 08:29PM

"All Stacy cares about is the transgender issue which isn't an issue in most schools - except with the few phobic adults who try to make it a big deal."

For many of us, that is why we are voting for Stacy - not because we're "phobic" but because it shows how screwed up the current board's priorities are. In fact you could say:

All (McElveen, Moon, etc.) cares about is the transgender issue which isn't an issue in most schools - except with the few ("progressive"? "nanny state"?) adults who try to make it a big deal.

As for "Stacy doesn't understand this area and has no background in education - he is not tuned in to teachers and schools" - can you give some examples?

He can't be any worse than Karen Sanders, Dan Storck's annointee...

Posted by: Credentials, Please? ()
Date: October 03, 2015 11:28AM

McElveen: speaks Chinese, knows how to take a selfie, knows how to ignore emails.

Moon: speaks Korean (but little English).

Velkoff: musical background, but works as a defense contractor.

Oh yes, such wonderful credentials to run our schools. And, all are fixated on transgender students.

Posted by: scarl8 ()
Date: October 28, 2015 10:00PM

You are dead on! How much energy has been spent on such a tiny part of the FCPS population? How much energy has been spent on our teachers, a much larger and more important part of the FCPS population?

And as for Stacy caring about the transgender stuff, can you please point out a place where he said anything about the issue, ever?

His opponent, Storck's puppet Karen Corbett Sanders, cares only about HERSELF.
I dare you to count the exact number of "I's" in her opening remarks at a Mount Vernon debate-
"I'm only gonna talk about me. That's all you need to hear about."- After watching the thing on her facebook page, you lose count around 30 "I.. I... I..."'s.
https://www.facebook.com/Karen4Schools/?fref=ts

She's SO vain. She's in it for herself. Is that what we want?
There's no "I" in Mount Vernon.

Posted by: MtVM ()
Date: October 29, 2015 09:56PM

Scarl8....nice try at character assassination.
Karen CS is the LEAST "I" candidate that exists.
She has learned the entire district, has attended meetings and community meetings to learn the issues she didn't know.
Stacy is incredibly careful about being his transgender stands...like his budget stands....like his policy stands. He can't articulate what Exactly what he would do, just comment on selective items. Heard him at the SCF debate, he knew so little about the system it was obvious. He was never a candidate until the School Bd dealt with the transgender issue, which could have been done with a simple affirmation of the non discrimination policy. And all his misdirection about separate locker rooms being constructed etc is just a smoke screen to scare with taxes.
Karen chaired the reuse of the old Mt Vernon HS, pulled together many community interests, not her own, not her own agenda. She is a true leader who walks the walk.

Posted by: Studentsmatter ()
Date: October 31, 2015 07:58AM

Karen Corbett Sanders has spent months talking about how she will keep the status quo. That means she will keep the $100 million deficit. That means she will keep the 17 failing schools throughout Fairfax County - 7 of them in Mt. Vernon! That means she may end up supporting this absurd idea of cutting sports. Just this year, the school board voted themselves a 60 percent pay raise! THAT is the status quo. THAT is what she will keep. The last thing our county and our kids need is more of the same. We need a fresh voice and new ideas. Anthony Stacy has a strong business background and experience in managing large budgets. Just as important, he has two kids in FCPS. People can talk all day about how much they love Fairfax County, but there is NO ONE who cares more about the school system and will work harder for it than a candidate who has kids currently IN the system.

Posted by: MountVernon ()
Date: October 31, 2015 08:34AM

The last thing Mount Vernon district needs a single-issue stop-transgender-stuff Anthony Stacy.

Karen Corbett Sanders is for all students in Mount Vernon District. Frankly, Mount Vernon District has been ignored and pandered to by FCPS (particularly Facilities) and Karen Corbett Sanders has ALREADY started educating FCPS staff about the needs of Mount Vernon district.

Karen Corbett Sanders has ALREADY invested time in learning more about the district. She ALREADY knows the budget realities and can intelligently discuss fiscal priorities.

Karen Corbett Sanders for Mount Vernon District School Board

http://www.karen4schools.com/

Posted by: Teacher89135 ()
Date: October 31, 2015 08:55AM

Stacy doesn't know our area. He is focused on single issues. He may have kids in FCPS but doesn't discuss anything except his one issue, in the SCF debate he clearly has no idea what we need. Thankfully Karen is running as she wants to improve schools FOR ALL KIDS... Not just the transgender kids.

Posted by: MountVernonToo ()
Date: October 31, 2015 09:16AM

I love how the lefty social engineers push sexual and gender claptrap into the schools, then try to paint people like Anthony Stacy as "obsessed" or "single issue" - or even worse, as "supporting discrimination" when they try to fight it. Orwellian doublespeak and pot-calling-kettle-black at its finest.

Back is white, down is up, abnormal is normal. Trying to return focus to what schools are SUPPOSED to be teaching is bigoted. The Washington Blade endorses Karen Corbett Sanders thusly:

Mt. Vernon District candidate Karen Corbett Sanders (running for an open seat), Sully District candidate Karen Keys-Gamarra (running for an open seat), and Providence District candidate Dalia Palchik (running against incumbent Patty Reed, who did not back the gender identity and education provisions) have each also made it clear that they do not support discrimination of any kind.

A statement on the Republican district committee’s website warns that “Fairfax County School Board has been busy pushing leftist ideas about sexuality onto children (rather than teaching them about science, math, technology, humanities, liberal arts, etc.) against the will of the parents.” Let’s make sure, with our votes, that their efforts to stack the school board in Fairfax are soundly rejected on Nov. 3.

Sorry - the more I see arguments like this and like MountVernon's above, the more I am committed to voting for Anthony Stacy.

Date: October 31, 2015 04:21PM

How can stating a fact and quoting a statement from her own video on her own FB page be character assassination, exactly?

If so, then the woman needs to take the video down from the FB page. She assassinated her own character in her own speech by simply showing her true colors.

https://www.facebook.com/Karen4Schools/?fref=ts
Character assassination: see timestamp 1:38. I'm unconvinced that she is in this for the schools.

"Scarl8....nice try at character assassination.
Karen CS is the LEAST "I" candidate that exists."

Posted by: Get a clue... ()
Date: October 31, 2015 06:00PM

Don't vote for ANY Republican-endorsed School Board candidates. Republicans have never done anything right for our schools. All they do is slash budgets and get rid of teachers, programs, and student services. This is NOT how we go about attracting top new firms and families to the county.

Posted by: source? ()
Date: October 31, 2015 07:08PM

Get a clue... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't vote for ANY Republican-endorsed School
> Board candidates. Republicans have never done
> anything right for our schools. All they do is
> slash budgets and get rid of teachers, programs,
> and student services. This is NOT how we go about
> attracting top new firms and families to the
> county.

Could you source that, please?

Posted by: Schooler ()
Date: October 31, 2015 08:56PM

Get a clue is so funny, saying a vote for a Repub SB member "This is NOT how we go about attracting top new firms and families to the county."

So a vote for a Dem? Well, we got top new firms - like payday lenders all up and down route 1. And attracting families? Yeah, they do that too - most of them speaking English as a second language.

Meanwhile, we've seen the results of "representation" by Stork and his ilk (to include his annointed replacment Karen Corbett Sanders) in the redistricting/boundary plans - send the neighborhood kids from Stratford Landing and Fort Hunt to Bucknell for "advanced academics" to free up space, then bus in the English-as-a-second-language kids from the other side of Route 1.

Sorry, Anthony Stacy may have a weakness here and there, but I'm willing to roll the dice and vote for him. Sanders is just more of the same... more of what we DON'T need.

Posted by: AbeLincoln ()
Date: November 01, 2015 08:09AM

Karen Corbett Sanders is Storck's anointed replacement? BWAHAHA!

You obviously know nothing about Karen Corbett Sanders.

Date: November 01, 2015 08:50AM

Yes. Bwahaha is a carefully researched, thoroughly convincing argument. I see a future in politics for you, Abe.

Date: November 01, 2015 10:41AM

When Dan Storck met with FCPS Facilities in 2014, he agreed to Jeffrey Platenberg's decimating-for-Mount-Vernon plan for boundary changes.

The plan was presented to the School Board
http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/news/2015/jan/08/new-schools-boundary-changes-possible/

and many individuals in Mount Vernon District were not pleased with the plan, including Karen Corbett Sanders.

http://www.sfdc.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/03252015_MountVernonVoice.pdf

Date: November 01, 2015 08:31PM

Do you think she will support it now?

Date: November 01, 2015 10:19PM

Facilities has changed their plans. (Perhaps due to response from the community, despite what Dan Storck agreed to initially?)

Link to September 15 FPAC meeting minutes:
http://www.fcps.edu/fts/planning/fpac/meetingminutes/9-15-2015.pdf

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.