HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Places to go for rehab for drugs and alcohol
Posted by: anonymous ()
Date: February 17, 2006 10:48AM

I need to get some help. I have health insurance. Where can I go around the Fairfax County area. Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Places to go for rehab for drugs and alcohol
Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: February 17, 2006 11:07AM

Please be careful using your health insurance for such things at any cost! The information could potentially follow you around for a long time. I don't have any suggestions for you but maybe the health department can point you in the direction of attaining anonymous support. You may have to pay a little more out of pocket but it is well worth it especially if you ever need a security clearance. One other suggestion is to seek some information from a church somewhere.

I made a lot of assumptions here but with the HIPAA laws, medical information is extremely easy to pass from facility to facility and be attached to you for life.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: February 17, 2006 11:56AM

theres a place near skyline drive thats pretty good and cheap

actualy its not cheap

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2006 11:56AM by MrDoctor.

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: February 17, 2006 01:55PM

Getting help will be the best thing you've ever done for yourself.

The fact that you realize you have a problem and want to get help is a HUGE first step.

Have you ever been to an AA meeting? If not it can seem like a scary proposition, but relax, they're designed exactly for people like yourself that need help and don't know where to turn.

There are AA meetings going on right now, only a mile or so away from you. You can walk in any time uninvited and receive huge amounts of support.

Best of all they can refer you to other local places like detox centers and NA meetings and will genuinely care about you becoming healthy.

So do yourself a favor and attend a meeting. Don't be shy, they see people like yourself "right off the street" all the time, and would love to help.

Check out the list of Virginia AA meetings here: www.aavirginia.org/hp/meetings/di.asp?day=0

Date: February 17, 2006 02:10PM

makes me want to go just for the experience and my problem is already in check.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: February 17, 2006 02:12PM

Then you could go ahead and let me tell you about all the dangerous predators that hang around AA/NA, and how they are both cults...

You're better off in private treatment, far away from the potential drug buddies and dealers (or worse) you will encunter at local AA and NA. I've always said NA is the best place to meet your next dealer.

And NA.. don't get me started on the whining "I hate my life now that I have no drugs" attitude I heard there from every single person who spoke.

You still love drugs? Keep doing them. Going to rehab is just going to want you make them more. It's going to take a disaster or death to help a serious lover of drugs to stop. Oh and believe me when I say all these people who want to "help" you could care less about you. They are merely trying to clear their own guilt by "giving it the old college try" in meekly giving you a few sound words of advice, before promptly forgetting your sorry anonymous ass exists.

But I applaud you for seeking help.

Posted by: Genevieve ()
Date: February 17, 2006 02:59PM

Does your employer have an Employee Assistance Program? If so, they should be able to refer you to a treatment center.

Posted by: Anonymous ()
Date: February 17, 2006 03:01PM

Thanks to all for the advice. My problem is with alcohol not drugs. I think it's the same disease of addiction though. Cary, thanks for the info. I am not too concerned about privacy as I am no longer in the work force. My health insurance will cover this. If anyone else can tell me more, please do so. I am scared. Thanks

Date: February 17, 2006 03:07PM

I have 2 nephews who are HEAVILY into drinking. It affects every single aspect of their lives and yet, they refuse to see it. It is quite painful to the family. Congratulations to you for recognizing that there is an issue and wanting to do something about it.

Be careful asking for support on this forum because sometimes we're not the most sensitive group. Good Luck!

Posted by: SaMiViMa ()
Date: February 17, 2006 05:36PM

anonymous Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I need to get some help. I have health insurance.
> Where can I go around the Fairfax County area.
> Thanks.

There is a place on Jermantown Road called ADS (Alcohol and Drug Services). I do not know the exact address, but it is right next to the Giant at Jermantown Road and Route 50. There is also the Fairfax/Falls Church Community Service Board. They are in the blue section of the white pages. They can help you. All of these places are confidential.

Are you male or female?

Best of luck. Just remember, you are not alone. There is help out there, and you reaching out for it is wonderful. Keep going with the next step and pick up that phone. Sometimes it can seem as though it weighs a million pounds, but it gets easier. One step at a time. One day at a time.

Posted by: § ()
Date: February 17, 2006 05:59PM

All joking aside, I hear you can supplement the urge for alcohol by way of your physician providing you with a 2-week supply of Valium. Yes, it's a short-term fix for a long-termed social / genetic problem -- but it will help ease your mind and withdrawal symptoms while you're going through this transition. Good luck. -§

Date: February 17, 2006 06:15PM

I wonder exactly what it feels like to weigh a million pounds.

Posted by: dope ()
Date: August 19, 2015 09:11AM

I need some good H

Posted by: friend of a friend of Bill W ()
Date: August 20, 2015 05:11PM

Father Martin's Ashley is a 28 residential treatment center in Maryland and it has an excellent reputation and alumni group that meets locally. The Caron foundation in PA is excellent. Both take insurance.

Good luck--you have taken that very important first step. Now, take that next step and contact them for your initial intake appointment :)

Posted by: Chrissy Hazelbaker ()
Date: August 20, 2015 05:39PM

The Barry Farms treatment center.

Posted by: Wondering?? ()
Date: August 20, 2015 05:47PM

What drugs are kids using these days?

Date: August 20, 2015 06:05PM

Wondering?? Wrote:
> What drugs are kids using these days?

Heroin is the kids choice these days, I don't consider weed a drug. Every kid smokes weed. Funny how much Taliban opium makes it to US and UK. Funny as in fucked up. I wonder what we as Americans will do about it, no presidential candidates talking about it not the right or left. Wake up America.

Posted by: Wondering?? ()
Date: August 20, 2015 06:59PM

Heroin your kidding right?

Date: August 20, 2015 07:27PM

Wondering?? Wrote:
> Heroin your kidding right?

Unfortunately no, kids start off with pain pills. Heroin has flooded America and is cheaper and stronger than pain pills. Look it up, no joke.

Posted by: beentheredonethat ()
Date: August 20, 2015 10:37PM

Inova CATS Program (Comprehensive Addiction Treatment Services) is a regional leader in providing the highest quality addiction treatment services for adults. We offer a series of structured programs that provides effective, compassionate treatment for individuals dealing with all forms of chemical dependency. These include addiction to alcohol, prescription drugs, heroin, cocaine and other drugs.

they take insurance

Posted by: JOINING FAIRFAX ()
Date: August 20, 2015 10:47PM

Cary Wrote:
> Getting help will be the best thing you've ever
> done for yourself.
>
> The fact that you realize you have a problem and
> want to get help is a HUGE first step.
>
> Have you ever been to an AA meeting? If not it
> can seem like a scary proposition, but relax,
> they're designed exactly for people like yourself
> that need help and don't know where to turn.
>
> There are AA meetings going on right now, only a
> mile or so away from you. You can walk in any
> time uninvited and receive huge amounts of
> support.
>
> Best of all they can refer you to other local
> places like detox centers and NA meetings and will
> genuinely care about you becoming healthy.
>
> So do yourself a favor and attend a meeting. Don't
> be shy, they see people like yourself "right off
> the street" all the time, and would love to help.
>
> Check out the list of Virginia AA meetings here:
> href="http://www.aavirginia.org/hp/meetings/di.asp
> ?day=0">www.aavirginia.org/hp/meetings/di.asp?day=
> 0

Look at Cary being all serious. New to this shit, does Cary still respond to post. Or did he realize this is just a troll site for joining?

Posted by: Skip648 ()
Date: August 21, 2015 07:10AM

If just alcohol, try going to your reg doctor and getting antabuse and go to AA.

Posted by: Tons of Resources in Fairfax ()
Date: August 22, 2015 06:59PM

SaMiViMa Wrote:
> anonymous Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I need to get some help. I have health
> insurance.
> > Where can I go around the Fairfax County area.
>
> > Thanks.
>
>
> There is a place on Jermantown Road called ADS
> (Alcohol and Drug Services). I do not know the
> exact address, but it is right next to the Giant
> at Jermantown Road and Route 50. There is also the
> Fairfax/Falls Church Community Service Board. They
> are in the blue section of the white pages. They
> can help you. All of these places are
> confidential.
>
> Are you male or female?
>
> Best of luck. Just remember, you are not alone.
> There is help out there, and you reaching out for
> it is wonderful. Keep going with the next step and
> pick up that phone. Sometimes it can seem as
> though it weighs a million pounds, but it gets
> easier. One step at a time. One day at a time.

I agree with the person who said be careful with your insurance, it could follow you forever and affect medical treatment or life insurance in the future.

The CSB Assessment and Referral Center is no longer on Jermantown Road it was moved into the new Merrifield office where all Administrative departments for the Community Services Board are now housed. Fairfax offers a lot of outpatient and residential programs as well as a In house Detox facility. The fees are based on a sliding scale based on family size and income. I know it's lying but if you happened to be unemployed and definitely DO NOT have insurance the fee is only $2 for an assessment and $2 a day for residential or detox and $2 a group and individual for outpatient! No other county in the area has as many programs available to their clients as Fairfax does, take advantage of them.......they are your tax dollars at work!!!! The number to set an appointment is 703-383-8470 and the number to call to get on the list for a detox bed is 703-502-7000.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.