HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
40 and retired. Thanks FFX County taxpayers!
Posted by: Retired FFX fire fighter ()
Date: July 12, 2015 07:11PM

Wow! Thanks FFX County! I'm done working for life at 40. I ended my career making a measly $120k but never lived in the county so I was able to save a ton. Plus u get retirement from you guys for the rest of my life! I'll be able to put my 3 kids through college and not even work. Best yet is we are moving to New England to live in a more liberal society while the checks roll in.
Hell yeah! I live FFX!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 40 and retired. Thanks FFX County taxpayers!
Posted by: Shameful Attitude ()
Date: July 12, 2015 07:24PM

Consider a second career with the USPS. You sound like you are qualified, and you have the milk the system attitude.

Bet you rode a desk - Copy machine hero.

Posted by: Fire Marshall Bill ()
Date: July 12, 2015 07:32PM

Your heart attack awaits you thief. God is watching.

Hope your wife and kids enjoy your pension.

Aside from the fact that this is all bullshit, enjoy your day

Posted by: True retired FF from FCFRD ()
Date: July 12, 2015 07:39PM

I'm calling bullshit on the poster. 40 years old tells me you spent to total of 21 years in the Department, so unless you paid up a lot on your 457K, your not getting squat for retirement. Nice try troll. BTW go to New England you carpet bagger.

Posted by: Jo mama ()
Date: July 12, 2015 11:36PM

Fire Marshall Bill Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Your heart attack awaits you thief. God is
> watching.
>
> Hope your wife and kids enjoy your pension.
>
> Aside from the fact that this is all bullshit,
> enjoy your day

Actually, unless "pension insurance" was signed up for, and paid for by the retired firefighter, the pension stops when he takes a dirt nap. His family gets zero. It's extremely expensive so I doubt he cares enough to look out for his family like that

Posted by: Bang Bang Daddy ()
Date: July 13, 2015 03:02AM

That is bullshit...even if he was making 120k a year, with his age and years of service he would barely get 50k in retirement. If he kept his health insurance for a wife and 3 kids...you can subtract 20k plus from the total... he would be lucky to put one kid through community college...and if he wants to move to New England...you can tell he's a real idiot...cold weather and brutal taxes

Posted by: retired FCPS electrician ()
Date: July 13, 2015 04:52AM

The public safety workers do get a pretty sweet deal. Firefighters can get a pension after only 20 years of service and they spend 90% of their time hanging out at the firehouse having cookouts and watching movies. I had to work until I was 53. I feel sorry for the teachers though, they don't get paid shit.

Date: July 13, 2015 11:19PM

Teachers are in VRS and FXCO System. Teachers can go to Va Beach to live and teach, go anywhere in Va under VRS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2017 05:12PM by Double Action Jackson.

Date: July 13, 2015 11:31PM

OP's story is exaggerated. OT pay in Fairfax does not count toward retirement and 20 years is a greatly reduced pension. But the gist may well be true. 20 years he may have been a LT. or maybe a Capt. and half the pay at retirement. Less medical bennies the county will give him a benefit of maybe 200 dollars a month and if he's got a family he pays about 1000 a month for Heath Ins. The Feds are the ones getting a sweet heart deal on Med benefits in retirement not the County workers. Fairfax County retirees pay the full bill on medical insurance except for a max benefit to them of 220 a month with 25 years service that's it. Many union people NON COUNTY get FREE medical insurance when they retire and with some that's for their entire family. Teachers are the same as all other county employees with regard to medical benefits. They have to pay as well.

Posted by: tgb ()
Date: July 14, 2015 09:28AM

The OP is trolling. No FFX County firefighter is going to make those claims because it isn't possible.

As far as teachers, yes they are part of the VRS and the county has a supplemental ERFC plan. Still, nobody is retiring at 40. With 30 years at age 50 (how many start working for FCPS at age 20?) the VRS will provide 51% of the employee's highest three years' pay. That employee can get an additional 25% from ERFC at age 55 or so. Not a bad deal, but he/she isn't retiring at age 40.

Health benefits are expensive for county/FCPS retirees.

Posted by: Your envy is showing... ()
Date: July 14, 2015 09:51AM

Yet another poor little troll who is jealous of the people who do what the troll would never have the stones to do.

I'd love to put the first responder haters into their positions for one difficult night and then see what they'd post.

Posted by: retired cop ()
Date: July 14, 2015 09:58AM

I retired at 43 but no way in hell I could stop working. Got a 32 hour a week job working at another county jail and courtroom. No more working outside though and a three day weekend every week so I can't complain.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.