HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Open letter to Sharpton, Jackson and Obama
Posted by: citizen427 ()
Date: July 08, 2015 02:15PM

An Open Letter to:

Al Sharpton
Jesse Jackson
Barak Obama

I am writing for your help in understanding the criteria of the civil rights movement, notably as it relates to the current trend of demanding accountability for violence committed against blacks by police. In recent past all three of you have been extremely visible in the wake of the deaths of Travon Martin, Mike Brown and Fred Gray, all black men shot by law enforcement figures of one sort or another. You argue, regardless of the criminal acts these boys may have committed leading to the incident, that their death justifies protests and riots because Black Lives Matter.

I accept that on its face, but cannot reconcile that with your utter disinterest in the murder of Natasha McKenna while in the custody of the Fairfax County Sheriff’s Department in Virginia. Ms. McKenna was both a mom and an honor roll student. She had committed no crime, having found herself in police custody after she herself called for police assistance with a health matter. What we know, as admitted by the police themselves and reported in the Washington Post, is that Ms. McKenna ended up shackled into a steel chair, gagged or masked, where she was beaten and tasered to death by half a dozen cops. She died alone, locked away from public view. Her last recorded words were “Promise not to hurt me.”

The event was reportedly caught on video but the Fairfax Sheriff refuses to release it, just as she refused to let any outside agency in to review the scene. The Washington Post has been screaming for Justice Department investigation but as yet there has been no interest by anyone in the justice system or the civil rights community.

If shooting a suspected felon in broad daylight is cause for concern, torturing an innocent citizen to death in the depths of some hidden dungeon has to be far far worse. If one cop killing an NFL-sized man is horrific, six cops killing a hundred-pound woman is nauseating. If the split-second decision to pull a trigger in a fight is unforgivable, how do we even begin to ignore the decision to keep punching and tasering a screaming, shackled woman until her heart simply stops?

The McKenna case isn’t a secret; it happened in late January. Some ardent bloggers have tried to keep it in the public eye, calling out, as did the Post, for some authority to weigh in. Sadly, the Justice Department cannot be bothered. The civil rights movement hasn’t expressed so much as a critical opinion. While the world roared for Mike Brown, Natasha McKenna’s brutal murder sits in silence.

I ask that you explain this disinterest; not to me but to the nation, to the world. Explain why the death of a black man will set the world on fire when the death of a black woman doesn’t merit a twitter post. Explain why our President emotionally sees a ‘boy who could be my son’ in Travon Martin and doesn’t see a beautiful, bright, loving honor student as his daughter. Explain to all of us why none of you could lift a finger or speak a word when police clearly and blatantly murdered Natasha McKenna?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Open letter to Sharpton, Jackson and Obama
Posted by: citizen427's mother ()
Date: July 08, 2015 02:22PM

I am sure those 3 pieces of shit troll FFXU on a daily basis, and will read that.

Re: Open letter to Sharpton, Jackson and Obama
Posted by: The Obamessiah ()
Date: July 08, 2015 02:36PM

I have heard of your suffering. But I'm a playing golf today, so fuck off!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.