HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Door-to-door scammer posing as college student
Posted by: Cato ()
Date: March 11, 2015 08:48PM

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this yet, but I got a knock on my apartment door today from a 19-21 year old white kid who looked like a member of a Blink 182 cover band.

Kid says he's trying to get over stagefright for a speech class he is taking in college by randomly knocking on people's doors and engaging them in a friendly chat. Wrong. He is actually a scam artist trying to get personal info and credit card information, or at the very least, a cash donation.

He will ask you about your career, whether you are going on vacation any time soon, etc. etc. standard casing questions. He will hand you laminated card with some magazine titles on it, as well as some Mickey Mouse stickers (WTF?), he may tell you about "Sarah" who lives nearby and mailed a subscription to Playboy to her neighbor as a joke, harr harr.

Anyone else run into this joker yet? If not, be warned.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Door-to-door scammer posing as college student
Posted by: yep ()
Date: March 11, 2015 09:37PM

We got a visit by him or someone like him. Was 8:00 pm. Kid knocks on the door and tries to sell us a newspaper subscription. When we said no, he asked for a donation. Very shady; it did feel like he wanted our credit card #.

Posted by: Not So Slim Shady ()
Date: March 11, 2015 09:47PM

Meade?

Posted by: Vixis ()
Date: March 11, 2015 09:49PM

We have a "NO SOLICITING" sign on our door, we posted a message next to it.

If you are selling something, we are not interested. KEEP WALKING!

Posted by: Mike O'Meara Show Fan ()
Date: March 11, 2015 10:03PM

What I like to do when these folks show up is drag them inside, rape them and kill them. Problem solved.

Posted by: Cato ()
Date: March 11, 2015 10:16PM

Vixis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We have a "NO SOLICITING" sign on our door, we
> posted a message next to it.
>
> If you are selling something, we are not
> interested. KEEP WALKING!

Put one up myself.

Posted by: DC Bar ()
Date: March 11, 2015 10:31PM

It's these "white van" scammers who drive dead-end dirtbags from other parts of the country to areas like this to cover neighborhoods...the people you see are vitrual prisoners of these modern day Fagans...they don't get paid, they are sometimes beaten, or at best, abandoned 1,000 miles from home...not that I have any sympathy for these losers that come to my door on occasion.

One claimed to be a combat veteran...I took that story apart in 30 seconds...

Don't give any information, don't let them look inside your house, absolutely don't give them any credit card info...in fact, just close the door and call the police...

Posted by: DC Bar ()
Date: March 11, 2015 10:43PM

Specifically "white van," as in multi-passenger white window vans, to haul the losers/criminals around...not the "white van" scam where another subgroup of bottom feeders try to sell you "hot" speaker systems when you're walking to your car in a parking lot...

Posted by: Carneal/Trapp ()
Date: March 12, 2015 01:45PM

Probably Boosterthon people-they are having trouble in Fairfax, maybe this is their latest scam.

Posted by: jpn9d ()
Date: March 12, 2015 03:19PM

Door to door salesmen are vermin. I tell them I'm not interested as soon as I know what's going on. Once, as I'm shutting the door, the guy shouts out, "but you didn't even hear what I'm selling."

The last one was a little troubling. When he came near the door, I saw him, and opened the door and told him I'm not interested. He hesitated for a second and then didn't leave. He stood there for a few seconds, then retreated to my driveway, walked halfway down, and then stopped again. So I exited my house and walked down to him and told him he best be moving. He left, but it was a little strange.

I'm a Christian, but I'm also annoyed by any proselytyzer of any stripe. Get out of my yard!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.