HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Mount Vernon lose to South Lakes
Posted by: basktballl ()
Date: February 19, 2013 09:27PM

NO STATES THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!! This school was so much better back in the 70s

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mount Vernon lose to South Lakes
Posted by: jef3r ()
Date: February 20, 2013 12:03PM

My co-worker was there. She said that MV was up by 1 with a few seconds left when the South Lakes coach went off on a ref for thinking she was calling a Time Out when she really wasn't. Apparently the South Lakes Coach ranted on and on for like 30 seconds, throwing down her clipboard, screaming, stomping around, etc. My co-worker seemed surprised that she didn't get called for a technical foul which would have put the game further in favor of MV by allowing them a couple of free throws. All seemed a bit sketchy. Anyone see this? There must be video of it somewhere. I heard Mt. Vernon has filed an official complaint and is awaiting review.

Posted by: martin spackman ()
Date: February 20, 2013 01:23PM

The South Lakes coach should have got a TF for the way she reacted to the call by the referees.

However, I suspect the reason she didn't was that referees didn't give her TF was they knew that they had screw the call, because know one on the SL bench or team called one.

Plus to whistle was blown after the ball had reached a girl who had know one in front of her, and probably would have had a free lay-up to win the game.

I'm not condoning the actions of the SL coach, she could have lost the game by getting the TF, but referees were bad through out the game.

But Mount Vernon had enough opportunities to kill off the game they made bad mistakes at the wrong time.

Posted by: former mv'er ()
Date: February 20, 2013 01:45PM

Well, the nappy headed young ladies gave it their best. Personally, MV has become a s!@#hole of a school. Well done though ladies.

Posted by: Ahmayzin ()
Date: February 20, 2013 02:30PM

Damn, so no props to South Lakes for winning? I mean, we were once one of the top basketball High Schools for quite some time in the 80s and 90s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2013 02:30PM by Ahmayzin.

Posted by: hoops fan ()
Date: February 20, 2013 02:42PM

it's always like that when a #1 team loses. Not saying that it's right, but it's fairly normal

Posted by: Martin Spackman ()
Date: February 20, 2013 03:24PM

South Lakes came in to this game with no one really believing they had much chance, which is surprising if you look at their record this season.

4 loses by a total of 11 points.

They have played and beaten some very good teams this season, and will give Oakton a very tough game on Thursday.

Posted by: MV Coach ()
Date: February 20, 2013 03:25PM

MV Head coach Tweet after the game:
@Zoeys_Dad: Fuck the Northern Region! Fuck the refs, and everybody who love em! Racist bullshit! Let me had spazed out like that i would have got tossed

Posted by: Martin Spackman ()
Date: February 20, 2013 04:06PM

OUCH!!

Someone is a little upset......

Posted by: Hyphenated Coach Wins ()
Date: February 20, 2013 04:39PM

MV Coach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MV Head coach Tweet after the game:
> @Zoeys_Dad: Fuck the Northern Region! Fuck the
> refs, and everybody who love em! Racist bullshit!
> Let me had spazed out like that i would have got
> tossed

The South Lakes head coach is black. SL got girls named Princess on their team too. What the fuck is wrong with this dude? His team LOST.

No respect for MV if they keep this clown around. This is just low-class as it gets.

Posted by: Oh really ()
Date: February 20, 2013 07:10PM

MV Coach Wrote:
> @Zoeys_Dad: Fuck the Northern Region! Fuck the
> refs, and everybody who love em! Racist bullshit!
> Let me had spazed out like that i would have got
> tossed

Change your tampon already. Kudos for South Lakes on beating a paper champion. If you all were that great the score would have never been that close. People might want to invest in Kleenex stock because I heard it is on the rise.

Posted by: OH REally is RACIST ()
Date: February 20, 2013 07:31PM

WE ARE #1 IN THE STATE. JUST BECAUSE WE LOST ONE DOESN'T CHANGE A THING. MICHAEL JORDAN LOST A GAME. DUKE LOST A GAME. EVERY TEAM LOSSES GAMES.

Oh really Wrote:
> MV Coach Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > MV Head coach Tweet after the game:
> > @Zoeys_Dad: Fuck the Northern Region! Fuck the
> > refs, and everybody who love em! Racist
> bullshit!
> > Let me had spazed out like that i would have
> got
> > tossed
>
>
> Change your tampon already. Kudos for South Lakes
> on beating a paper champion. If you all were that
> great the score would have never been that close.
> People might want to invest in Kleenex stock
> because I heard it is on the rise.

Date: February 20, 2013 08:02PM

OH REally is RACIST Wrote:
> WE ARE #1 IN THE STATE. JUST BECAUSE WE LOST ONE
> DOESN'T CHANGE A THING. MICHAEL JORDAN LOST A
> GAME. DUKE LOST A GAME. EVERY TEAM LOSSES GAMES.

Jordan and Duke have also won championships, which you haven't. Please come back for more.

Posted by: In the know! ()
Date: February 20, 2013 08:14PM

The refs knew they f---Ed up! Plus, who has the balls to call a technical on Christy? The refs are too busy drooling over her looks!

Posted by: Archie Bunker ()
Date: February 20, 2013 09:23PM

Two ghetto teams goin' at it. Too bad their fan sections didn't take out the whole gym.

Posted by: Td up ()
Date: February 20, 2013 10:07PM

Scott and the PG that hit the buzzer beater were both Teed up against our Fairfax team.

Where is the video of the Time Out or not time out?

Just like at Lake Braddock, Scott scared away 2 D1 players but she won without them.

Posted by: Classy Christy ()
Date: February 21, 2013 08:52AM

The South Lakes coach ran onto the floor after the game and taunted Mount Vernon fans. She's a real classy lady.

Posted by: Dick ()
Date: February 21, 2013 09:54AM

If you heard all the trash the fans talked to her, you really can't blame her! Scott outcoached that little prick of a coach from MT Vernon! Anyways, has he been fired yet? Surely MT Vernon will not retain That coach after what he said on twitter!

Posted by: Basketball fan ()
Date: February 21, 2013 10:07AM

Niggers sure can fuck up a good thing.

Posted by: Who Cares ()
Date: February 21, 2013 10:57AM

Hey Dick!
If you think the Mount Vernon Coach is a prick, why dont you say it to him???? Y hide behind a sleezy ass message board! Make yourself known be a MAN about it! He's not hard to find. He's always in the gym at Mount Vernon either playing basketball himself, or helping kids get better at the game, which is why Mount Vernon has been so successful! If you think he was out-coached that is your opinion, and it would be a wrong opinion!

Posted by: Embarrassed MV Fan ()
Date: February 21, 2013 11:49AM

The Mt. Vernon Coach is an immature stupid dick for several reasons! First, the way he mean mugs his players (girls) when they come off of the court. Second, his tweets about the boys coach, making fun of the way he dresses; the tweets were between the coach and kids! Finally, what type of mature coach blasts the Northern Region and other teams on twitter making excuses for his loss! Even worse, the guy was handed a team,lets see what he does when Coach Henderson's girls graduate!

I have some advice for you coach: a little humility and a little maturity will do you some good! Grow up!

Posted by: Next Year ()
Date: February 21, 2013 12:18PM

The problem with Mt Vernon is in November they declared they were going to the state tournament. You never hear Priester say we are going to states until they get to the Regional Championship. It's one game at a time during the season followed by Districts, Regionals and then States. Before the SL game nobody on the MV team, coaching staff or parents thought they would lose. How does MV face defeat. They rant all day long that they were cheated in the final 7 seconds. Well if you would have made the 2 1N1 shots you had you would have had a 5 point lead with 7 seconds left. Then it wouldn't have mattered if the SL coach punched the ref in the face and didn't get a T you would still have the win. Or you could have just played better for the preceding 31 minutes of the game. You were down almost the entire 1st half to them. I was there and your team did not show up at all. Now what is MV doing they are on social media bitching. Coaches, parents and players. I could care less what color your coach is or your team. Throwing the race card into your tweets is childish. If you didn't scream racism with your 20 wins don't use it now with a loss. We lost because they cheated. They cheated beacause we have more black kids than they do. It makes no sense. Comments like we beat Edison 3 times and they are advancing we are the better team we deserve to go. If you were the better team you would be there. How do I know what's on your social media. Well your coach has a public twitter and subtweets you so I can click on your twitter. You will not be winning any sportsmanship awards that much I can tell you. Who beat the super bowl champs? Nobody cares because they got the trophy that matters. So you beat a team that is moving forward in the tournament so what. What will people remember about your team? Your arrogance. It stems from the top. Your poster said unfinished business. It's a tough lesson for the kids but as the saying goes don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Posted by: Christy Winters-Scott ()
Date: February 21, 2013 03:22PM

THERE IS A VIDEO... IT WAS A SAD ENDING FOR MV... CWS IS A GREAT ACTRESS... BUT HEY... THAT IS THE WAY THE BALL BOUNCES... BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR THE VIDEO TO GO VIRAL...

Great Job South Lakes

Great Season Mount Vernon

Posted by: MV Parent ()
Date: February 21, 2013 06:23PM

I come to this message board and I just laugh at some of the comments being made on here. Why is the coach of MV on everyone's mind???? Mount Vernon never said they were going to the State Tournament, their goal was to go to the State Tournament, which is the goal of any other strong program! If you look at the newspaper articles the MV coach said constantly, that he didnt buy into being the favorites that they have to bring their A game just like everyone else. He never boasted or bragged about anything all year long, they simply stated that their team goal was to go to the State Tournament. The whole race card was out of the blue but I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the comments made about the coach and the players on this website, calling them the N word and "Nappy Headed Hoes", which was pretty harsh. Again, I'm just guessing as it has been on here quite often! If you go to MV games they do not get any calls at all, because they win by a large margin, which allows the other teams to foul them all night long with no penalty, after a while that starts to get annoying. People always bring up the coach's fire, but the kids respond very well to him, the play hard for him, he is a passionate coach, not all coaches are the same so if he is different from what you are use to it doesnt make what he does wrong, especially if it works, which it has worked for the last 3 years! A poster is a poster who cares what it said, does it bother people that much, that was their motto for the season and probably will be again next season! Its just a poster people its not that deep! Its sad when a guy cant even use a social network and people will nit-pick on every little thing that he has to say, I mean are you people serious???? I agree that the tweet after the loss was not a good thing at all as I stated earlier but everything else is just nit-picking. We have to be better than that!

Wish South Lakes much success the rest of the way!

Posted by: Facts! ()
Date: February 21, 2013 06:33PM

Embarrassed MV Fan Wrote:
> The Mt. Vernon Coach is an immature stupid dick
> for several reasons! First, the way he mean mugs
> his players (girls) when they come off of the
> court. Second, his tweets about the boys coach,
> making fun of the way he dresses; the tweets were
> between the coach and kids! Finally, what type of
> mature coach blasts the Northern Region and other
> teams on twitter making excuses for his loss!
> Even worse, the guy was handed a team,lets see
> what he does when Coach Henderson's girls
> graduate!
>
> I have some advice for you coach: a little
> humility and a little maturity will do you some
> good! Grow up!

I have some advice for you, know what you are talking about before you speak! First off those girls love their coach! He is a very hard coach and those girls respect him for it as he gets the best out of them everyday and has done so for the last 4 years! What he was able to do with them has been phenominal!

Second, he was the first person to say they missed free throws and threw the ball way, however he was upset because if he had ranted like that he would have been thrown out of the game, and he's right as he had received some TF's this year for simply asking an official a question!

Third, dummy he and Henderson are like brothers! He was Henderson's right hand when Henderson was there for 2 years! So yeah Henderson was the head coach, but he did a lot for those girls as he has been in the MV program since 2008!

Bottom Line: Know your facts before you open your mouth!

Posted by: thought ()
Date: February 21, 2013 09:31PM

just a thought maybe if he had built his bench rather than running up the score always vs teams like JEB Stuart, maybe he could have played them in a game that mattered... Karma's a bitch!

Posted by: I Know My facts ()
Date: February 21, 2013 10:52PM

First, his friendship with the prior coach is irrelevant. However, what is relevant is that the window of opportunity has passed for him; "The road to the region runs through Mt. Vernon" Oh really, Mt. Vernon was watching the region game, not playing in it!

Second, he is the first person to bitch and make excuses like his players; I wonder who they learned that from? He rants and raves every game and deserves more technical fouls. Why did an unnamed Mt. Vernon administrator state that he, or she has received complaints from parents and fans about his behavior?

Finally, as my friend thought mentions, "karma is a bitch!" especially as it pertains to the coach, and his cocky Hofstra recruit. The "Coach" and I use the term loosely, should take lessons from a classy coach, Diane Lewis, who coaches a young team, teaches humility and will own the district for at least the next three years with her young team. Time to jump off his jock facts!

Posted by: Casual Observe ()
Date: February 22, 2013 08:24AM

I saw a few MV games each season the past few years. I'd have to say that the coach deserves a great deal of criticism. His demeanor and attitude that he projected was very negative, and I did hear a number of parents criticize about how he treated players, not just this year but the past couple. Remember girls games are not heavily attended so it's easy to hear comments in the stands.

From my playing days at a small college a number of years ago where I played for a great coach, I would say that his team was not fundamentally sound. Footwork and position defense was poor, easily covered up with decent talent against inferior teams. Trouble with that is that it shows up in a big game. The MV girls fouled way too much, that was shown by the difference in the number of free throws between SL and MV but I noticed it in games against much weaker teams as well and had thought at the time this might come back to bite them.

I don't know any of the girls on the team, but I did see a few instances of really, really poor sportsmanship. There were a couple incidents over the past few years that were particularly bad.

Ultimately, I kind of doubt that this coach had a positive influence on his team, at least it didn't appear that way. But like I said, I was only an occassional observer.

If that tweet that was posted was true he should be fired immediately. I don't have any connection with MV and since i don't know if that tweet was true I wouldn't get involved. But if it was I can't believe he'd be kept on as a coach anywhere.

Posted by: MV Fan ()
Date: February 22, 2013 02:32PM

Did the MV girls basketball coach really say this? This is beyond crass. Can this be proved?

MV Head coach Tweet after the game:
> > @Zoeys_Dad: Fuck the Northern Region! Fuck the
> > refs, and everybody who love em! Racist
> bullshit!
> > Let me had spazed out like that i would have
> got
> > tossed

Posted by: illtwiterate ()
Date: February 22, 2013 04:11PM

Next year he should let him had spazed out like that and see if he gets tossed so he can then say "last year you let her had spazed out like that and didn't toss her!"

Posted by: True MV ()
Date: February 22, 2013 05:21PM

The coach really did say that and a lot more. He lost two players because of issues with grades and their behavior in school. His players are definitely impacted by his wanna be tough guy image and lack of maturity. He reminds me of the sinsei in the original Karate Kid movie; except the sinsei was a tough guy and the MV coach is a clown!

Posted by: Sweep ()
Date: February 22, 2013 05:53PM

Sensei Kreese was nothing more than a bully, Mr. Miyagi kicked his butt

Posted by: MV Supporter ()
Date: February 22, 2013 08:50PM

The tweet was def out of character for Coach Coffer as he is a very nice guy! He was venting and upset and probably didnt really think before he acted as anyone in his position would have been upset after the "events" that took place at the end of that game! What's crazy is how people had to be really looking at this man deeply to go to his twitter account and see what he talks about, I mean that is pretty lame! My grandfather always told me that when you are achieving success, people will try their best to dog you out, and find the negatives in you, so if you dont have haters and people throwing stones, you are not doing it right! I guess he is!

Date: February 22, 2013 09:05PM

Soooooo I guess that same comment can go for President Bush then right??? Oh yeah sorry it doesn't work like that when it goes against someone you like. Moronic statement. People "dogged" him everyday so by your definition he must have been successful.

When you are a public figure and in a position of authority in the community of other people's children, you need to act like an adult and have high moral fiber along with character. Posting like a ranting 15 year old, "F this and F that" and screaming racism isn't just acting mad, it is beyond ignorant and stupid. If people are jumping all over LB's coach all the time, then people need to do the same here for this. This is an inexcusable act for any coach for any sport at any level. If he were in the NFL or NBA he would be fined big time and if it were youth level he would be banned from coaching there. Why do you believe it should skip the high school level? You can support him and state that he made a mistake and needs to apologize, but the way he went about it was clearly wrong and juvenile beyond belief. Did you see any other coach do this after a close loss? Twitter is a public social network unless privatized by the user, which he didn't. He was just too stupid, until last night, to make it private. He wanted people to read that and now he must pay for his comments....if there is any punishment. He had talent that got by on their talents and decent coaching. But to go above and beyond that level you need character, discipline, and strong will. His team lacks or is weak in those areas and that is why they are home now and can't handle the loss.

Posted by: Slubdawg ()
Date: February 22, 2013 09:27PM

Seriously MVP supporter, you can't be making excuses for this coach. No adult in their right mind would post something like that. At best it's childish and immature and entirely unacceptable for a coach on any level. It immediately disqualifies him from being a high school coach, I don't care how upset he might be.

One of the great lessons learned from sports is handling a loss with dignity. You don't accept it, you don't like it, but you always maintain your dignity.

Date: February 22, 2013 09:30PM

First off I'm a republican, and I loved President Bush, so yes you just proved my point!

Never said it should skip the high school level. I just dont like the fact that people were dogging him before this incident. He has been called "Nigger" on here several times! He has been judged and dogged on here before the season even started and everytime someone tells him about it he never gets upset, just says it doesnt matter to him, but deep down you know it does, which is where the racist stuff came from. He has not done anything to anybody before the emotional rant on twitter and he has gotten dogged and talked about from day one! Honestly, I would just like to know why??? What has he done to people for them to not like him??? The fact that you know his twitter is private and all that is pathetic! Why are people paying so much attention to him for out of all the other people in the world????

How do you know his character???? Are you aroud him daily??? Do you really really know him????? What gives you the right to question that if you dont know him???? You have never made a mistake in your life that you are not proud of????? I mean I just dont get it!!! Nobody is perfect!!! You dont know him! Unless you are one of those people who smile in his face when you see him and then dogg him behind his back which is fake as hell!

His team lost and that is a fact! But he was the first person to say that they didnt do the things they needed to do to seal the win! However, he was visibly upset with the "events" that took place as he has been treated like shit by officials all season! I'm sure coaches vent all the time after a loss, most coaches dont even know how to use twitter so you dont see it often. I'm not saying the twitter mess wasn't wrong, never said that.

Despite what you think, that man can coach the game of basketball and he knows a lott about the game and how to teach it, and he does a great job with those girls! His style is not like others but that doesnt make his style wrong! He loves those kids, does a lott for those kids and always has.

People talk bout his image. What the hell is an image? An image is a picture, he's a human being. People are judging him based off how he looks, and thats not reasonable! If that was a good thing to do, then a lot of people would not be where they are today. You have to get to know somebody before you can judge them, you have to spend time with that person to truly know who they are and the people on this site don't know him at all!

Posted by: Doh ()
Date: February 22, 2013 09:45PM

So now we are to excuse his childish tirade because other coaches don't know how to use twitter? Puhleeze!

Actions have consequences, his should be termination from coaching.

Date: February 22, 2013 09:51PM

Doh Wrote:
> So now we are to excuse his childish tirade
> because other coaches don't know how to use
> twitter? Puhleeze!
>
> Actions have consequences, his should be
> termination from coaching.

LOL, I never said that. Its funny how almost every person on here only reads what they want to read. Its also funny how none of the other stuff I asked was addressed. I get it, you want him fired, thats cool! I'm going to leave this alone and continue to be a the friend that I am!

Date: February 22, 2013 09:58PM

I'll admit I don't know the guy, but based on what I've seen, I'm better off!

Be his friend and tell him the truth, before he can coach again he needs to act like one, a real one.

Posted by: DOH ()
Date: February 23, 2013 08:29AM

True MV Wrote:
> The coach really did say that and a lot more. He
> lost two players because of issues with grades and
> their behavior in school. His players are
> definitely impacted by his wanna be tough guy
> image and lack of maturity. He reminds me of the
> sinsei in the original Karate Kid movie; except
> the sinsei was a tough guy and the MV coach is a
> clown!

Is it true that the two girls that were ineligible for grades actually lived inDC? If so, then MV might have to forfeit any game they played in.

Date: February 23, 2013 08:33AM

MV Fan Wrote:
> Did the MV girls basketball coach really say this?
> This is beyond crass. Can this be proved?
>
> > > @Zoeys_Dad: Fuck the Northern Region! Fuck
> the
> > > refs, and everybody who love em! Racist
> > bullshit!
> > > Let me had spazed out like that i would have
> > got
> > > tossed

Actually, he should be fired simply because doesn't possess a command of the English!

Posted by: Someone That Knows ()
Date: February 23, 2013 10:26AM

The county should check the whole roster at Mt. Vernon. There are only 4 players on that team that live in that area. The other's live in D.C. Hayfied district and Edison district and one lives off duke street. Did not know u can recriut players at the highscool level from all over the county like it was an aau team.

Posted by: Hmmm ()
Date: February 23, 2013 11:15AM

What I find funny is how a bunch of girls on twitter are talking about how there going to transfer in to Mount Vernon next year! The players are doing the recruiting!

Posted by: Wju ()
Date: February 23, 2013 11:19PM

Edison does the same thing getting players out of their district in the past. All the schools do it.

Date: February 24, 2013 12:27AM

Wju Wrote:
> Edison does the same thing getting players out of
> their district in the past. All the schools do
> it.

Haha readyfor this lie. Give me 1 name. MtV fans never give up. MtV has an arsenol of names that shouldn't have been going there goig back to Kenny Farmer days. Funy thing is it still never got you past a district championship. Way to go Eagles!!! Good luck to you and South Lakes at states.

Posted by: No Name Given ()
Date: February 24, 2013 01:52AM

There is one girl in the entire Edison program this year that does not live in the boundaries. Only one and she did not come to Edison for basketball. She is not a starter. I don't think kids names should be put on this site so I am not going to put her out there. All the other kids live within the boundary. She is there legally. Pupil placed for a class given at Edison. Whereas the 2 at MV are out of the state and don't belong on the team or in the school. Last year they had a senior living in MD. They are trying to recruit 2 kids via twitter. One is currently at West Potomac and the other is at Potomac in Woodbrdige. Watch who "joins" the team next year.

Posted by: Slibdawg ()
Date: February 24, 2013 08:28AM

Someone That Knows Wrote:
> The county should check the whole roster at Mt.
> Vernon. There are only 4 players on that team that
> live in that area. The other's live in D.C.
> Hayfied district and Edison district and one lives
> off duke street. Did not know u can recriut
> players at the highscool level from all over the
> county like it was an aau team.

Actually, that has to be addressed by the Virginia High School League. But if all this is true then it does need to looked into.

Date: February 24, 2013 01:09PM

It is an AAU team

Posted by: wonderingtuition wondering ()
Date: February 24, 2013 05:32PM

I hope the kids that live in Maryland are paying tuition

Date: February 25, 2013 08:03AM

Searching my memory here, but I recall that the MV boys program was put on probation and banned from post season tournaments entirely because of blatant recruiting violations. This was way back, about 1980 I think.

Date: February 25, 2013 08:05AM

Have to modify previous statement, the ban was for only 1 year. The MV community was really livid because, in that case, the coach was well liked and respected throughhout the MV community, not county wide though.

Posted by: Yay a ()
Date: February 25, 2013 07:11PM

No Name Given Wrote:
> There is one girl in the entire Edison program
> this year that does not live in the boundaries.
> Only one and she did not come to Edison for
> basketball. She is not a starter. I don't think
> kids names should be put on this site so I am not
> going to put her out there. All the other kids
> live within the boundary. She is there legally.
> Pupil placed for a class given at Edison. Whereas
> the 2 at MV are out of the state and don't belong
> on the team or in the school. Last year they had
> a senior living in MD. They are trying to recruit
> 2 kids via twitter. One is currently at West
> Potomac and the other is at Potomac in Woodbrdige.
> Watch who "joins" the team next year.

Works both ways. The best player who lives in the Edison district is playing for Riverdale Baptist. There are a couple other at privates, too. Same for Mount Vernon.

Posted by: slubdawg ()
Date: February 26, 2013 07:50AM

Yay a is so right. The privates have been recruiting public school players forever. Flint Hill, when Stu Vetter, was there had the best players from all over the place (talking about boys). Dematha was famous for getting public school players. Technically, I think, they are not supposed to recruit. But, the best teams are typically private schools.

Posted by: Not true ()
Date: February 27, 2013 06:13PM

no riverdale player lives in the edison district. and none of them would do well in the edison system which is team first you second. that is why they are winning.

Date: February 28, 2013 08:09AM

Has the MV coach been fired yet?

There is no way any person who works with kids should be able to keep their position after that tweet, I don't care how remorseful they might be.

If the principal and/or AD are strong leaders they should have the backbone to do the right thing.

Posted by: FC Sports Fan ()
Date: February 28, 2013 11:16AM

Guy should have been fired last year for running up the score on hapless teams like Falls Church and Stuart. Obviously this guy has nothing else in his life besides high school girls basketball

Posted by: WHO CARES ()
Date: February 28, 2013 11:22AM

A lot of opinions on this message board....man we live in a hateful world....

If all this energy was put into the kids and programs that you criticize, perhaps they'd be what you want them to be.....wow...yall sound like you attend the schools.....if something is that important to you...DO SOMETHING about it and stop sniping on a message board.

what you are:

has beens
never were
scorned
babies
parents of kids who were probably weren't that good
old teachers who have personal issues
nerds in HS who are now over the hill who have nothing better to do

what you aren't:

truly concerned with kids and bball programs

Posted by: don't see it happening ()
Date: March 01, 2013 07:55AM

Don't see him getting fired any time soon. The coach projects excatly what the princpal at the school wants. That is how she does things. What is the difference with her and him. How can she fire him when she did the same thing about a month ago. She didn't get the Robinson princpal job and then said it was because she was black that she didn't get the job. Hard to fire him when you pulled the same card out.

Date: March 01, 2013 09:37AM

WHO CARES Wrote:
> what you aren't:
>
> truly concerned with kids and bball programs

Sorry, but we want the coaches, who are supposed to be role models for our kids, to act appropriately. In this case he downgraded himself, the other team, the officials, and most importantly his own team by his abusive rants. Yes, that is looking out for the best interest of the kids and making sure they have a credible basketball program and coach to lead it. A coach needs to display the most character out of anyone, and in this case he didn't. Does he know the game, yes. Does he know how to act when defeated, no.

Posted by: WHO CARES ()
Date: March 01, 2013 10:32AM

Oh you want coaches who are role models but you are posting this:

Change your tampon already. Kudos for South Lakes on beating a paper champion. If you all were that great the score would have never been that close. People might want to invest in Kleenex stock because I heard it is on the rise.

Sounds like a role model to me.....you're a joke....and its obviously personal for you....I'm not condoning what he 'allegedly said' if he said it, but look in the mirror...at least he's trying to do something instead of sitting back hiding behind message boards spewing hate....you're callling Mount Vernon paper champions....if you truly care about MV then why would you say that...stop using the coach as an excuse for your personal hate.....these are kids....girls...whether you like the current coaching staff, administration, or whatever...they are kids....and from you're post...so are you

Date: March 01, 2013 10:51AM

sure did post that, and it was only after the racist remarks thrown by MtV people. Go back and read the posting that MtV girls beat Rich and White Oakton. Plus I am not in a position to lead girls, he is. I feel bad for any kid in a situation like this, but not little shit talkers who cry racism and curse people out when they lose. Don't start none and there won't be a retort. I think it is funny how you say WHO CARES and yet you keep responding. Now who is the hypocrite?

Date: March 01, 2013 11:08AM

UHHHH......the 'girls' I'm referring too...didn't post anything racist or say anything to you....

and the WHO CARES is a reference to you and all the other hateful jackasses on the message board....

as soon as your message turns to hate...you've lost your point...you can't be righteous...but then turn around in the same post and be hateful...you don't sound geniune...you sound hurt, or shunned, or inadequate, or whatever adjective that describes why you are more focused on being hateful as opposed to truthful or insightful about what's wrong with a girl's basketball program

and for the record...I do care...about ALL of the girls and boys....because if I don't...then they grow up to be like you....haters

Date: March 04, 2013 08:22AM

The big question is...Has the MV girls coach been fired yet?

Date: March 21, 2013 10:37PM

Courtney has been suspended and is not allowed to do anything with MV girls basketball team. Firing right around the corner. His tweeter is now on private so can not see what he has been tweeting about this

Posted by: niggga coach ()
Date: March 08, 2014 08:17PM

is he playing the race card

Posted by: mcccm ()
Date: November 29, 2014 06:33PM

he will never get fired

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.