HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
VA supreme court: zero tolerance "policy" cannot attack the young for tardiness
Posted by: EWTuw ()
Date: November 02, 2014 08:22PM

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- The Virginia Supreme Court says the state's compulsory school attendance law doesn't require parents to get their kids to class on time.

In a 5-2 ruling Friday, the court reversed the convictions of a divorced mom in Loudoun County who whose three children were repeatedly tardy. The court's majority concluded that the compulsory attendance law only requires that children be enrolled. The justices said other provisions of the code deal with truancy.

Maureen Anne Blake has custody of her children on Wednesday nights and is responsible for getting them to school on Thursday mornings. They were up to 20 minutes late 10 times over four months. Blake told school officials she and one of the children have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, and that's why they were often tardy.

-----------------------
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this mother probably is up late here and kids are playing PS3 late or watchign cartoons late

when i was young i had the problem. problem was due to inactivity at school and a slow learning pace and etc. i didn't get to bed until say 11:59pm

thus waking it was painful, parents were abusive they'd continually scream at me and even pore water and many insults daily: and i'd end up late

again problem was just sleep however as a kid i had no idea what was going on with my sleeping issues

(infact i had sleep apnea due to injury or also i was so active i rolled the clock continually compared to others. as a kid i had no idea what to do. wear myself out until i dropped: would have been a good idea)

it's ourageous FCPS would threaten to use armed officers in a babysitting situation

i mean people can't even figure out a babysitting situation these days.

it's absolutely outrageous a babysitting problem makes it's way into VASC as a threat of jailing and neglect upon the mother for abuse (that's the next step, after kids are expelled. you didn't know? i knew. then they take her home, and some latin american who isn't supposed to be in the country is suddenly a new neighbor)

========================================
when i was in HS there was a DC nigga, who probably sued to get into power in a white area, as principle. (soon after, whites fired and foreigners staffed)

the principle made a rule 15 sec late for any class FOR THE WHOLE YEAR, TIMED TO THE SECOND was automatic 0 failure for the whole year, and more was grounds for expulsion. "zero tolerance" for whites in their own town. she didn't apply the rule to any of her niggas she was bring in under the radar. there were many other new rules as well - that wasn't hardly the start of it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VA supreme court: zero tolerance "policy" cannot attack the young for tardiness
Posted by: 7V99c ()
Date: November 02, 2014 08:24PM

i bet if the kids are given activity they drop early to sleep

and they wake up early SIMPLY NO DOUBT and eat and get to the bus stop early to talk to friends

what kindqa crap is it where adults abuse children

adults who aren't shit. can't even fucking babysit

Re: VA supreme court: zero tolerance "policy" cannot attack the young for tardiness
Posted by: accountability? ()
Date: November 02, 2014 08:45PM

I'm sure their grades and performance will improve with this if we coddle them a little more

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/12/03/248329823/u-s-high-school-students-slide-in-math-reading-science

Posted by: Mr. Perspective ()
Date: November 02, 2014 08:49PM

Back in the day, even the smart kids were stupid in comparison to today's stupid kids.

Posted by: does that mean ()
Date: November 02, 2014 10:03PM

... and today's kids are smarter because they know how to use computers and video games? But can they spell, or do they need spell-check, can they write in cursive, do they know how to check a bank account or address an envelope, or carry on a conversation, or fill out an application, or ride a bike, or go for a hike, or sew, or fish, or hunt, or bake, or woodwork

Today's kids exist in a virtual reality and unless something happens they will raise their kids only offering them a virtual existence as well.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.