HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
So will all these new ugly overpriced condos being built near all the metrorail stations stand the test of time?
Posted by: Predict the future. ()
Date: October 12, 2014 08:58PM

ViennaFurnishedApartmentExterior-333x500

marriott.JPG

slide.jpg?1412027498

Or
Will they fall apart and will their ugly architecture become a joke among future generations?
A dated relic from a time before flying cars, commuters using jetpacks and outer space family vacations.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: So will all these new ugly overpriced condos being built near all the metrorail stations stand the test of time?
Posted by: Convo from the future ()
Date: October 12, 2014 09:19PM

26.jpg

"Look at those hideous condos."

"Those stupid fucking people from the 2010s who spent all of that money on those ugly condos just to live in a walkable community near public transportation."

"I can commute from my spacious 3000 sq ft Fredericksburg home to my job in downtown DC in less than 10 minutes on my jetpack."

"Who in the hell has the time to sit all day and wait for a train?"

Re: So will all these new ugly overpriced condos being built near all the metrorail stations stand the test of time?
Posted by: 6X ()
Date: October 12, 2014 09:22PM

No jet packs any time soon. We will see more traffic, crime, accidents, trash, rodents, Ebola, people, pest, is there a limit to what I think will happen? murder , Violence, Yes Fairfax Co. will be the joke of the country.

Posted by: They are UGLY ()
Date: October 12, 2014 09:24PM

Future SECTION 8 Public housing.

Mosaic district will be Baileys Crossroads # 2.

Posted by: Fuck that noise jack ()
Date: October 12, 2014 09:31PM

1800%20Wilson%20condo%20in%20Clarendon.J

You couldnt pay me to live in one of those buildings much less make me pay to live in one.

Posted by: Gartner ()
Date: October 12, 2014 09:32PM

Convo from the future Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> src="http://ego-alterego.com/wp-content/uploads/20
> 11/03/26.jpg">
>
> "Look at those hideous condos."
>
> "Those stupid fucking people from the 2010s who
> spent all of that money on those ugly condos just
> to live in a walkable community near public
> transportation."
>
> "I can commute from my spacious 3000 sq ft
> Fredericksburg home to my job in downtown DC in
> less than 10 minutes on my jetpack."
>
> "Who in the hell has the time to sit all day and
> wait for a train?"

More likely, "I can commute using my virtual presence from the comfort of my home wherever that may be."

Commuting is for those few unfortunates still doing manual labor.

Posted by: More to envy ()
Date: October 12, 2014 09:45PM

They are UGLY Wrote:
> Future SECTION 8 Public housing. Mosaic district
> will be Baileys Crossroads # 2.

Once the streetcar is finished, Bailey's will be Georgetown #2. Meanwhile, EYA/Mosaic and the Halstead/MillCreek complexes are soaring stars. They've done such a better job than Pulte has at Metro West. A studio in Halstead is going for $1650, and the area hasn't been fully built out yet. These will be prestige addresses for decades.

Posted by: Perhaps ()
Date: October 12, 2014 09:46PM

Gartner Wrote:
> Convo from the future Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
> src="http://ego-alterego.com/wp-content/uploads/20
>
> > 11/03/26.jpg">
> >
> > "Look at those hideous condos."
> >
> > "Those stupid fucking people from the 2010s who
> > spent all of that money on those ugly condos
> just
> > to live in a walkable community near public
> > transportation."
> >
> > "I can commute from my spacious 3000 sq ft
> > Fredericksburg home to my job in downtown DC in
> > less than 10 minutes on my jetpack."
> >
> > "Who in the hell has the time to sit all day
> and
> > wait for a train?"
>
>
> More likely, "I can commute using my virtual
> presence from the comfort of my home wherever that
> may be."
>
> Commuting is for those few unfortunates still
> doing manual labor.

Perhaps he wants to leave the house to get away from his wife and kids bitching at him for various reasons?

Posted by: gibbies ()
Date: October 12, 2014 09:50PM

They want it to have a European vibe, since the Euros are ssooo much cooler than us with their cheap, plastic Ikea crap.

Posted by: Jetpack commute ()
Date: October 12, 2014 09:51PM

More to envy Wrote:
> They are UGLY Wrote:
> -----
> > Future SECTION 8 Public housing. Mosaic
> district
> > will be Baileys Crossroads # 2.
>
> Once the streetcar is finished, Bailey's will be
> Georgetown #2. Meanwhile, EYA/Mosaic and the
> Halstead/MillCreek complexes are soaring stars.
> They've done such a better job than Pulte has at
> Metro West. A studio in Halstead is going for
> $1650, and the area hasn't been fully built out
> yet. These will be prestige addresses for
> decades.

jetPI.jpg

For decades?
LOL
That is highly unlikely.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 12, 2014 09:59PM

People using jetpacks? Flying cars?

If people drink and drive, what will happen with drunk flying? Drunk while using a jetpack?

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: u funny ()
Date: October 12, 2014 10:02PM

More to envy Wrote:
> They are UGLY Wrote:
> -----
> district
>
> Georgetown #2.

Bwahahahahahahaha

Posted by: Come on, goober... ()
Date: October 12, 2014 10:13PM

gibbies Wrote:
> They want it to have a European vibe, since the
> Euros are ssooo much cooler than us with their
> cheap, plastic Ikea crap.

Peasants living in yurts on the steppes are cooler than you.

Posted by: Que? ()
Date: October 12, 2014 10:24PM

Yuppies, Asians and Indians love the whole "urban living" thing without really being urban.
All the town centres, corners, places, districts, etc, that have gone up with shopping/office space/condos in the last decade, they're for safe, cube dwelling, medicated folk who love the efficiency of urban living without any of the risk.

I'd like to get some crack-head savages, dealers and a gaggle of schizophrenics and drop them off at Fairfax Corner, RTC and Mosaic. Get some of that authentic inner-city flair
Actually, there should be some sort of low income housing quota for all future town center/planned community development in the area...and Anthropologie and Nordstrom Rack and Great American Restaurants should start accepting EBT.

Seriously. Who looks at these places and thinks, "Now THAT'S where I want to live!".

Posted by: canada mack ()
Date: October 13, 2014 12:27AM

The condos at Reston-Wheile Ave will stand the test of time because a world famous architect designed them. The advertisement next to the Metro entrance explains who the architect is and why he does what he does.

Posted by: Local Dude ()
Date: October 13, 2014 12:42AM

eesh Wrote:
> People using jetpacks? Flying cars?
>
>
> If people drink and drive, what will happen with
> drunk flying? Drunk while using a jetpack?

Keep your shirt on. They will fly themselves. You just input the destination and it will take you to a designated landing zone.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 13, 2014 01:45AM

Local Dude Wrote:
> eesh Wrote:
> -----
> > People using jetpacks? Flying cars?
> >
> >
> > If people drink and drive, what will happen
> with
> > drunk flying? Drunk while using a jetpack?
>
> Keep your shirt on. They will fly themselves. You
> just input the destination and it will take you to
> a designated landing zone.

Okay, so when some drunk or crazy person inputs The Pentagon or The White House, it'll be lulzy when they get shot down by a .50 BMG anti-materiel rifle.

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: Local Dude ()
Date: October 13, 2014 03:53PM

eesh Wrote:
> > eesh Wrote:
>
> Okay, so when some drunk or crazy person inputs
> The Pentagon or The White House, it'll be lulzy
> when they get shot down by a .50 BMG anti-materiel
> rifle.

Yes. That's exactly what will happen. Thanks for sharing your immense foresight.

Posted by: Silverback Line ()
Date: October 13, 2014 04:14PM

More to envy Wrote:
> They are UGLY Wrote:
> -----
> district
>
> Georgetown #2. Meanwhile, EYA/Mosaic and the
> Halstead/MillCreek complexes are soaring stars.
> They've done such a better job than Pulte has at
> Metro West. A studio in Halstead is going for
> $1650, and the area hasn't been fully built out
> yet. These will be prestige addresses for
> decades.

Will the street car also have million dollar stops? Just like the bus stops Arlington put in? That might make it run over budget.

Posted by: hm6He ()
Date: October 13, 2014 05:12PM

They are UGLY Wrote:
> Future SECTION 8 Public housing.
>
> Mosaic district will be Baileys Crossroads # 2.

That sounds about right.

It reminds me of a line from "Suburbia." I think it's Flea that says something like, "These suburbs... the ghettos of the future."

Posted by: Velma ()
Date: October 13, 2014 06:12PM

I predict that this "modern" architecture will be the equivalent of Mid-Century Modern; done right, it's interesting, attractive and is evocative of its time. Poorly executed, it quickly becomes an eyesore, is wildly out of place and appears cheap.

Too soon to decide if this new construction is done right or not...leaning towards prediction that it will be laughable in 20 years as "very 2010" and they'll be extensive renovations to the exteriors in less than 15 years.

Remember the "modern" flat-roofed houses? Terrible, cheap imitations of Frank Lloyd Wright's style that missed the mark? Remember the many Fairfax County developments of "contemporary" homes built circa 1978 - all dark stained wood, no shutters, no siding, with unpinned windows? Look how quickly those houses were painted, shutters and siding added...

Posted by: Velma, Again ()
Date: October 13, 2014 06:21PM

And, here's a prime example of a mass-produced "contemporary" home that screams "tacky mid-1970s" that's been stripped of any original design in a poor attempt to make it slightly more palatable and more standard-issue suburban style. Terrible failure of a renovation, but if you see pockets of these once contemporary houses, note that they're all being torn down or renovated extensively.

http://www.trulia.com/property/3164595624-HIDDENBROOK-1404-Sadlers-Wells-Dr-Herndon-VA-20170

Posted by: Shaggy ()
Date: October 13, 2014 06:56PM

Velma, Again Wrote:
> And, here's a prime example of a mass-produced
> "contemporary" home that screams "tacky mid-1970s"
> that's been stripped of any original design in a
> poor attempt to make it slightly more palatable
> and more standard-issue suburban style. Terrible
> failure of a renovation, but if you see pockets of
> these once contemporary houses, note that they're
> all being torn down or renovated extensively.
>
>
> http://www.trulia.com/property/3164595624-HIDDENBR
> OOK-1404-Sadlers-Wells-Dr-Herndon-VA-20170

Zoinks! That's hideous and is evocative of the worst elements of the 1970s.

That grey building that looks like a giant CONEX with an odd yellow highlight? Holy crap, that's... uh... I don't even know what to say.

It looks like it came out of a flat box from Ikea. And that just screams temporal and cheap as shit. Like the architect was trying to capture the essence of the slums where he once went whoring in Berlin or Leipzig.

Or, more likely, he was trying to rip off the Barking Town Square renovation architecture (itself horribly-designed and already laughably dated). And somehow, when ripping off Barking Town Square, he succeeded in making something even more soul-less and ugly.

And that 1800 Wilson building? It's like somebody took a challenge to make new urbanist aesthetics even more drab and depressing.

Posted by: Abu Muhamidiyya Apartment Tysons ()
Date: October 24, 2014 09:36PM

Welcome to the New Shitty Abu Muhamidiyya Apartment Complex Near Tysons Corner and Mosiac district. our Apartment capacity is 1 Million people. We currently have 900 Apartment Rooms in total. The apartment Complex includes a Gym, where shitty colored guys go and work out listening to Shitty music and bragging about how they came on Visa, we also have the Slaughtering room, where u can Slaughter your Goats before u rape them in the new Goat Sex Room, with 100 booths, with a New Mattress, Lots of condoms and also lots of shitty music. Next to that is the "Sex Lady" room where you kidnap white teenage girls at Schools and have sex with them in these 100 booths. Each booth has 1 Gucci Cologne Bottle, Protein shakes, condoms, shitty electronic music and a Penis Pump. Our newest Abu Hamudiya Stoning Stadium is now open, you can enjoy having sex with Bulky Gucci Smelling Shitty Arab men and then you can get stoned by him in front of the neighberhood! Our newest stores are the Ali Jaboot Gun Shop/Grocery Store and the Ali Zara Phamracy. There is no police avaliable but the 4747 number brings our ISIS members to the rescue. The apartments are near Tysons Corner And Mosiac District. Our Apartments are preferable to Arabs, Hindus, Persians and Liberials! -Thank You, Abu Muhamidiyya Apartments at Tysons

Posted by: LOL... ()
Date: October 25, 2014 10:23PM

Poor dumbfuck can't afford shit. So sad!

Posted by: you bought that shit? lol ()
Date: October 25, 2014 10:26PM

LOL... Wrote:
> Poor dumbfuck can't afford shit. So sad!

you-mad-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3

Posted by: LOL... ()
Date: October 27, 2014 12:33AM

you bought that shit? lol Wrote:
worthless pussy...
Attachments:
failure.jpg

Posted by: Trulia Zillow ()
Date: October 27, 2014 03:00PM

It won't be the test of time that determines their success or failure. It will be the test of color. When they get overrun with Blacks, they will go downhill and ghetto very quickly, just like any other neighborhood.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.