HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Air Raid Siren + Monkey Audio, clip just recorded, clifton woods 9:15p 10-25-14
Posted by: FreakedOutABit ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:30PM

Here's the audio I just recorded of the monkey in clifton woods, and you can hear the air raid siren really well obviously too. Siren's been going on for like an hour now...
Weird night.
I posted in the Centreville/Clifton forum just a few minutes ago, Here's the audio I promised.
Attachments:
monkey in clifton woods 10-25-14.mp3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Air Raid Siren + Monkey Audio, clip just recorded, clifton woods 9:15p 10-25-14
Posted by: eesh ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:34PM

Ebola monkey?

Blessed are the murderous.

Re: Air Raid Siren + Monkey Audio, clip just recorded, clifton woods 9:15p 10-25-14
Posted by: stupid. ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:38PM

Really? All of those spring peeper frogs in the background of tonight's recording? They are vocalizing in October?

Try again, moron.

Posted by: Barred Owl ()
Date: October 25, 2014 09:52PM

Listen to the Barred Owl Monkey call, I heard one next to my house a few weeks ago and though there was a Monkey in the trees until I found this info.

http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/spring/OwlDictionary.html

Date: October 25, 2014 09:56PM

here is quick audio of spring peeper frogs... Not the same. Even though I LOOOOVE me some late october springtime...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SM6leUVorY

Try again, wuvvvv youuuuuu!!

Date: October 25, 2014 10:02PM

The owl has a distinct spacing between the parts of it's call. It's generally rhythmic and consistent, plus you can hear the way the animal's lungs are working in the ADSR (volume envelope) where air is halted abruptly between the parts. Neither are the case for this audio, so my guess is it's a different animal's lungs.

Cool though, thanks for sharing that

Posted by: V9DE9 ()
Date: October 25, 2014 10:03PM

Air riad siren? I hear no such thing.

Date: October 25, 2014 10:14PM

V9DE9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Air riad siren? I hear no such thing.

Here's the full file
You can hear the siren easily in the beginning of this, descending in pitch. It's lower in volume than the monkey and the crickets obviously.
Attachments:
monkey and air raid siren (full file).mp3

Posted by: XKJHx ()
Date: October 25, 2014 10:43PM

Can't really hear anything. Forget the monkey, I'm curious as to why you think you're hearing an air raid siren considering how you're a good ways away from one. Closest one is at Fort Belvoir's airfield.

Posted by: it was just the coons ()
Date: October 26, 2014 01:55AM

Probably just a nig in the woods.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.