HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
George Mason Alumni New Congresman
Posted by: GMU ()
Date: October 13, 2014 03:14PM

George Mason University now has an alumnus serving in Congress.

U.S. Rep. David Jolly (R-Fla.) was elected to represent Florida’s 13th District in a special election, and will face the voters again in November.
“That’s fantastic,” Jolly – a 2001 graduate of the university’s law school – said when informed he was the first GMU grad to reach the halls of Congress.

“I always say going to George Mason’s law school was one of the best decisions I ever made. I’m proud to be the first. I hope we have many more,” Jolly said in an article written by Buzz McClain of the GMU media staff.
Jolly served as general counsel to U.S. Rep. Bill Young, who represented Florida in Congress for 43 years before his death in 2013.

In the McClain article, Jolly said his GMU education had a significant impact on his success.
“Mason is unlike any law school in the country, in my opinion,” he said. “The type of education you get there – the law and economics approach – is unlike any other law curriculum. It uniquely prepares an attorney for any type of business.”

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.