HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS hired someone with a Felony
Posted by: anonymous1 ()
Date: February 01, 2012 10:36PM

Nicholas Roher is working for FCPS.

During the 2005-2006 school year, Nicholas Roher and Sohan Mostofa accumulated approximately $6,000 from selling musical instruments that were owned exclusively by Mt. Vernon High School. A lawsuit was filed against the two students, both plead guilty to felony grand larceny. In 2006, both were found guilty of one charge of misdeameanor larceny, and were placed on one year of active probation with 50 hours of required community service. Resulting from the incident, new policies dealing with security and removal of school property have been put into place, and the school has been fitted with cameras in and around the premises. However, it has been revealed that the cameras no longer function after 5:00 PM or 7:00 PM. This oversight has been taken advantage of by former students Lucien Campbell and Jason Guatam.

same guy! Now he works as a Long-term Sub for that school. anyone know why FCPS doesn't background check? he also in the arrest data base.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS hired someone with a Felony
Posted by: fuckyou ()
Date: February 01, 2012 10:45PM

Go ruin your own life. Did they sell you one? If not quit bitching!

Posted by: anonymous1 ()
Date: February 01, 2012 10:45PM

Posted by: Graduate ()
Date: February 01, 2012 11:37PM

I googled teachers and was shocked at what some of them had done in their previous lives. If FCPS does background checks, they don't go very deep, or their standards are low. Especially the second-career ones.

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: February 01, 2012 11:56PM

You mean 2 kids who went to Mount Vernon stole something and plead it out to a misdemeanor and you don't think they are good enough to be a substitute as an adult. Thank God they didn't want to be Mayor of DC they would need to break a lot more laws to even be in the running.

Posted by: Ding an sich ()
Date: February 02, 2012 12:14AM

Good for FCPS. Felons need jobs too, and when the only jobs they're able to get don't pay enough to live off of, they have no (real) other than to return to crime. The American justice system is broken, and the treatment of released felons is a large part of it.

Posted by: so? ()
Date: February 02, 2012 06:52PM

Ding an sich Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good for FCPS. Felons need jobs too, and when the
> only jobs they're able to get don't pay enough to
> live off of, they have no (real) other than to
> return to crime. The American justice system is
> broken, and the treatment of released felons is a
> large part of it.

This. It's not like they are child rapists, this guy in particular sold some stolen shit, whatever, how is that going to harm your children? Not to mention he plead guilty, is on probation and did the community service.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: February 02, 2012 08:49PM

I don't think that a felony should automatically DQ someone from a job. The only way I believe a conviction should be applied towards most employment opportunities is if it is somehow relevant (eg, You don't want a bank robber working at a bank, or a child rapist working at a daycare center).

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2012 08:49PM by ThePackLeader.

Posted by: sub ()
Date: February 02, 2012 08:49PM

FCPS does check they ask if you aver broke the law and the explaination if you come clean and it s an old offense you can be hired . the would not hire anyone who they knew hurt kids

Posted by: usernmae44 ()
Date: February 09, 2012 03:43PM

creeepy

Posted by: TVLawyer ()
Date: February 09, 2012 11:16PM

Huh? Anonymous1, you say that "A lawsuit was filed against the two students". Lawsuits pertain to civil law, not criminal law. If these students reneged on a contract they had with FCPS to sell these instruments, then the school system could file a lawsuit against them. If they stole the instruments, then they are charged with a crime by the Commonwealth's Attorney. See the difference?

Next you state "both plead guilty to felony grand larceny. In 2006, both were found guilty of one charge of misdeameanor larceny". Surely they weren't tried and convicted for the same crime twice. And if they plead guilty to felony grand larceny, why would they have subsequently been found guilty of a misdeameanor? The Commonwealth's attorney must not have shown up in court that day.

You are mixing up your terms here, anonymous1. A felony and a misdeameanor are two different classifications of a crime, with misdeameanor being used to describe less severe ones that generally result in jail time or probation of one year or less. This is what you say.

Most likely, the students you name were minors when they committed this offense. If they were in high school at the time, which you imply, then there is only a 1 in 5 chance that they would be legally adults. Their records were then expunged when they turned 18. So there would probably not have been any record for FCPS to check.

If you are going to defame people, at least get your facts right. It will be your only protection against a tort of defamation.

Posted by: pack leeder ()
Date: February 11, 2012 06:33PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
> I don't think that a felony should automatically
> DQ someone from a job. The only way I believe a
> conviction should be applied towards most
> employment opportunities is if it is somehow
> relevant (eg, You don't want a bank robber working
> at a bank, or a child rapist working at a daycare
> center).

Or someone working for a school who was convicted of stealing musical instruments from a school.

Posted by: wenbsyiwll ()
Date: December 08, 2012 04:30PM

wonderful

Posted by: H8kiddie-touchers ()
Date: December 08, 2012 08:24PM

Someone should do a FOIA request on how many male FCPS employees have suddenly retired/resigned in the last four years. Pedophiles aren't hanging at the local park like the Jethro Tull song, they're getting paid to creep. They need to polygraph all employees, especially males working in elementary schools.

Posted by: momof5 ()
Date: December 08, 2012 09:14PM

Most of the support people they hire nowadays are immigrants. How do you do a background check on an applicant that is fresh off the boat from some third-world shithole?

After a couple years of only foreign school bus drivers that speak little or no English, I drive my kids now. I just don't see how they can check out these peoples' backgrounds. Janitors and food service people are the same way, but at least they aren't alone with our kids.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: December 08, 2012 09:43PM

How much for an accordion? I would love to play "Lady of Spain".

Posted by: ddt ()
Date: December 08, 2012 10:11PM

momof5 Wrote:
> Most of the support people they hire nowadays are
> immigrants. How do you do a background check on
> an applicant that is fresh off the boat from some
> third-world shithole?
>
> After a couple years of only foreign school bus
> drivers that speak little or no English, I drive
> my kids now. I just don't see how they can check
> out these peoples' backgrounds. Janitors and food
> service people are the same way, but at least they
> aren't alone with our kids.

Seriously! My kid's bus driver is from Somalia. Frickin Somalia! The place is run by tribal warlords! (our driver seems like a nice man but "Hi" is about the extent of his English)

Who the hell do you call in Somalia to find out if Mustafa is okay?

Posted by: not suppried ()
Date: May 06, 2014 09:53AM

Seriously! My kid's bus driver is from Somalia. Frickin Somalia! The place is run by tribal warlords! (our driver seems like a nice man but "Hi" is about the extent of his English)

Who the hell do you call in Somalia to find out if Mustafa is oka

Posted by: das ()
Date: May 06, 2014 12:14PM

Someone should do a FOIA request on how many male FCPS employees have suddenly retired/resigned in the last four years. Pedophiles aren't hanging at the local park like the Jethro Tull song, they're getting paid to creep. They need to polygraph all employees, especially males working in elementary schools.

Posted by: Lucien Campbell ()
Date: October 07, 2014 09:33PM

Lucien Campbell here, clean criminal record. Why am I being implicated in some kind of theft ring? Please take my name off of this.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.