HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Two dead in Chantilly shooting
Posted by: KXmTK ()
Date: November 20, 2013 08:33AM

http://www.wtop.com/149/3509205/2-dead-in-Chantilly-shooting

Good old "...there is no threat to public safety at this time..." line. Looks like a typical murder/suicide.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Two dead in Chantilly shooting
Posted by: Took Metro Clearly ()
Date: November 20, 2013 08:40AM

After they got off the metro, what was their next steps prior to the murder? Metro causes murder

WE MUST STOP IT!

Posted by: Tom Collins ()
Date: November 20, 2013 08:57AM

Good Lord!! Can we have a day in Virginia w/out a murder-suicide?

Posted by: Corbin Dallas ()
Date: November 20, 2013 09:12AM

Very sad. Does anyone know who lives at that address, 134000 block of Point Pleasant Dr? I assume the teenagers that escaped are Chantilly High School students.

Posted by: Kait ()
Date: November 20, 2013 09:27AM

Yes I know the family. A senior at chantilly and the younger sister is at the neighboring middle school Rocky Run. They escaped safely.

Posted by: awful ()
Date: November 20, 2013 10:28AM

It was the Parisi family. Mother taught phys ed at Franklin Middle. Tragic. Awful.

Posted by: Neighbor ()
Date: November 20, 2013 11:27AM

Cops this morning weren't very descritpive. Just told me that it was a DV. Prayers to the family.

Posted by: AnnieBoBannie ()
Date: November 20, 2013 11:54AM

My friend was the daughter of the victims. The younger one. Can somebody please explain what happened? She wasn't at school today. :(

Posted by: Corbin Dallas ()
Date: November 20, 2013 11:56AM

What a terrible tragedy! My texted me that one of the girls is a classmate of his at Chantilly. Understand they were a very nice family and well liked in the neighborhood. Very difficult to understand how things can go this far, destroying a family. Prayers to the family and friends.

Date: November 20, 2013 12:02PM

I suppose they won't need the new tv they bought.

Posted by: Sad ()
Date: November 20, 2013 12:05PM

My guess is probably another VA mentally unstable gun owner who probably went nuts and decided to off himself and some family members with his gun.

Happens all the time with these gun nuts. He probably got the idea from the recent Deeds incident where the mentally unstable kid tried to kill his father and then shot himself.

Posted by: Tragic ()
Date: November 20, 2013 12:07PM

What was the name of the mother?

Posted by: Gunny GOA Card Holder! ()
Date: November 20, 2013 12:10PM

From the Washington post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/two-adults-found-dead-in-chantilly-home/2013/11/20/ea3df2c4-51d5-11e3-a7f0-b790929232e1_story.html?tid=hpModule_99d5f542-86a2-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394

Law enforcement officials confirmed that one of the dead is an agent for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Property records indicate that the house is owned by Paul Parisi, a decorated ATF agent.

Posted by: More Info ()
Date: November 20, 2013 01:11PM

Two adults found dead in Chantilly home; 2 teens were in house when deaths occurred
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/two-adults-found-dead-in-chantilly-home/2013/11/20/ea3df2c4-51d5-11e3-a7f0-b790929232e1_story.html?tid=hpModule_99d5f542-86a2-11e2-9d71-f0feafdd1394

Fairfax County police said two people were found dead early Wednesday in the 13400 block of Point Pleasant Drive in Chantilly, and two teenagers were apparently in the home when they died.

Law enforcement officials confirmed that one of the dead is an agent for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Property records indicate that the house is owned by Paul Parisi, a decorated ATF agent.

Authorities said they received a call for a shooting at 5:10 a.m. When police arrived, they found two adults “deceased in the home,” according to Lucy Caldwell, a Fairfax County police spokeswoman. The adults’ names were not released.

“At this point in the investigation, we don’t believe there is a public safety threat,” Caldwell said. “We believe the situation is contained within the home.”

A neighbor said he heard a brief outburst of crying and screaming around 5 a.m. It sounded like the voice of a woman or child.

Fairfax County Police spokesman Don Gotthardt said authorities “understand there were two teens in the house at the time of the incident.” Caldwell added that the two teenagers were not hurt and fled to a neighbor’s home. The neighbor then called the police. The initial call was for a report of shots fired.

Neither Gotthardt or Caldwell could give details on the teenagers’ connections to the two adults.

But according to neighbors, a husband and wife lived in the home with their two teenage daughters.

Amy Dobbs, who lives next door to where the shooting occurred said Wednesday morning “they were friendly, just like you always hear.” She said the husband was often doing woodwork around the house. The wife was a physical education teacher at a local middle school.

On Wednesday, police tape surrounded the house. Neighbors said the family recently put in a basketball court.
Attachments:
photo.jpg

Posted by: just watch ()
Date: November 20, 2013 01:26PM

Well there is going to be a house for sale soon in Chantilly. Bet the real estate agents are just hovering and waiting to be the listing agent.

Well there is going to be a house for sale soon in Chantilly. Bet the real estate agents are just hovering and waiting to be the listing agent.

Date: November 20, 2013 01:31PM

Poor girls

Posted by: RydellRoad ()
Date: November 20, 2013 01:32PM

Well, at least he didn't kill the kids like the last time this happened:
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1006230/1006230.html#msg-1006230

Defense subcontracter, ATF Agent... must have something to do with working for the government.

Posted by: ChantillyAnon ()
Date: November 20, 2013 01:45PM

Think it's this lady. :(

My heart goes out to the girls..

https://www.facebook.com/jannine.parisi?fref=ts

Posted by: neighbor ()
Date: November 20, 2013 01:51PM

Yes, that's them ^ so tragic

Posted by: those poor daughters ()
Date: November 20, 2013 01:55PM

as a parent, I just can't understand what could possibly be so bad to cause you to think that killing yourself and your spouse and leaving your children alone is the right thing to do. but clearly this happens and it is just so sad. those poor kids - damn. people never cease to amaze me with their choices.

Date: November 20, 2013 02:00PM

I can't imagine how the girls will manage. What will happen to them? Who will they go live with? It's college application time. I am sure my son knows her, he is a senior too. I saw her profile on FB. My heart just broke :'(

Poor poor things. So adorable and so pretty and so full of life..

Posted by: situations like this ()
Date: November 20, 2013 02:07PM

definitely make me stop and re-evaluate things in my own life and put things into proper perspective. I thought earlier that I was having a bad day. these poor kids are dealing with things that are beyond comprehension and horrible. the little things that you think are so 'horrible' to have to deal with around here - traffic, expense, etc. - really pale in comparison to things such as this situation. Hug your kids when you get home. this is so sad.

Posted by: yupper!@# ()
Date: November 20, 2013 02:28PM

Can't even imagine, the poor daughters.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: November 20, 2013 02:34PM

Isnt mom a little old for a Facebook page?

It is tragic. But it seems to be more and more common. People are under intense stress living in this hell hole of Northern Va.

Posted by: Vince Foster ()
Date: November 20, 2013 02:35PM

He had dirt on Hillary. Thank goodness he, uh, went nuts before he could go public with the info.

Posted by: nyhnhyynhy ()
Date: November 20, 2013 02:46PM

It really is a shame if the lady was Mrs. Parisi. I had her for 8th gym a while ago along with study hall. She was probably in my top 5 favorite teachers that I have ever had, and definitely my favorite gym teacher. She was also one of the nicest ladies I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. One of the more disturbing things about this for me is that she was always saying how her husband was amazing and a federal agent (DEA or ICE or something else with drugs). I've been feeling sick since I heard of the crime. My sympathies go out to the family and neighbors.

Date: November 20, 2013 02:50PM

To the poster who said "she's old for a FB page" - um.. no. It's a great tool for staying in touch. All depends on how its used.

I saw some pictures from the daughter's albums and they seem to be just like any other happy family. I just don't understand how it could turn so quickly and so ugly. :(

Posted by: 9txE4 ()
Date: November 20, 2013 02:52PM

Stabitha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Isnt mom a little old for a Facebook page?
>
> It is tragic. But it seems to be more and more
> common. People are under intense stress living in
> this hell hole of Northern Va.

Older folks have been on Facebook for years to keep in touch with friends/family. There's also no indication of the reason yet, so it's probably not wise to assume it was due to their geographic location. There are two kids faced with a life-changing situation. Hopefully they have the love and support they'll need to get through this.

Posted by: Nnnnnnnn ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:27PM

It is so sad :( Mrs.Parisi was my gym teacher and yesterday she was so happy! In health she told us how she and her husband never yelled at each other or called each other names and now this happens :(

Date: November 20, 2013 03:37PM

^ Oh God. That is SO sad. :(

How can something this crazy suddenly happen. Such emotional mistake. I feel for the girls even more, coz there wasn't any friction and then suddenly ..

Posted by: Anonymous 101 ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:39PM

The dad was a ATF agent, so he carried a gun for work. I don't think he was a "gun nut."

Posted by: GDGDGDG ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:45PM

Wow - so much speculation an lack of human dignity on some of these posts. It is a tragedy. Not caused by gun ownership, or facebook or living in NoVA. FB is a great way to help keep in touch with your children. If the poster about NoVA being so bad does not like the area, simple solution- MOVE out of here! And for the gun post - he was an ATF agent and required to have a gun! This is unfortunate and clearly he was not unstable. But there is no logical reason for this tragedy. RIP Parisi's. Our prayers are with the girls.

And for the post with the family picture - shame on you most of all! Why post a picture of the 2 Parisi girls? They need their privacy.

Posted by: Quirky ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:46PM

Anonymous 101 Wrote:
> The dad was a ATF agent, so he carried a gun for
> work. I don't think he was a "gun nut."

I guess it is the fact that all these murder suicides are by guns. The people don't blow up the house or use any other means. It's almost always a gun when there is a murder suicide.

Posted by: xtNxF ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:47PM

Interesting observation since one of the deceased is a cop. I'm sure government owned guns are exempt from your criticism.

Sad Wrote:
> My guess is probably another VA mentally unstable
> gun owner who probably went nuts and decided to
> off himself and some family members with his gun.

Posted by: here is an idea ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:47PM

I have to say - for all of the crazy stuff that is posted on this site - it does seem that people post info on here way before it makes it to the news. wouldn't it be cool if we harnessed our collective efforts to try to do something to actually help these two girls? who would be up for that? anyone?

Posted by: Lordy ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:51PM

here is an idea Wrote:
> I have to say - for all of the crazy stuff that is
> posted on this site - it does seem that people
> post info on here way before it makes it to the
> news. wouldn't it be cool if we harnessed our
> collective efforts to try to do something to
> actually help these two girls? who would be up
> for that? anyone?

Um, how about no!

I'm a conservative. Let them take care of themselves! Enough of Americans helping each other!

Lookout only for yourself. It's time for the America of me only!

Posted by: wh6xw ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:51PM

Quirky Wrote:
---------------------------------------------It's almost
> always a gun when there is a murder suicide.

Except for the Deeds case, where he was stabbed. But that does seem odd, doesn't it?

Posted by: Truth4the People ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:52PM

wh6xw Wrote:
> Quirky Wrote:
> ---------------------------------------------It's
> almost
> > always a gun when there is a murder suicide.
>
>
> Except for the Deeds case, where he was stabbed.
> But that does seem odd, doesn't it?

Then he SHOT himself with a GUN.

Posted by: dougy ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:54PM

here is an idea Wrote:
>who would be up for that? anyone?

How would we possibly help?

Posted by: hahahahahahaha ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:54PM

the completely naïve poster who suggested people from FU actually do something other than anonymously bash people and actually try to help - HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! you must be new here....

Posted by: Gomer ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:55PM

Anonymous 101 Wrote:
> The dad was a ATF agent, so he carried a gun for
> work. I don't think he was a "gun nut."

That's not how the liberals will paint this.

Posted by: Jh36C ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:57PM

Truth4the People Wrote:

>
> Then he SHOT himself with a GUN.

Yes, we're aware of the obvious. But it's odd that a killer would choose to stab someone if they clearly had access to a gun.

Posted by: serious question ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:57PM

Not sure if the guy was retired or not...but I heard that if you have a high security clearance, etc, and you go for mental health counseling, you lose your clearance.

just asking. If so, it makes sense why these govt folks don't go for help.

Posted by: Sewless ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:10PM

Is the house ok? I hope the drywall didn't get broken. That's a bitch to repair.

Wormwood.

Nudes of the mom?

Posted by: scary187 ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:27PM

Jh36C Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------
>
> Yes, we're aware of the obvious. But it's odd that
> a killer would choose to stab someone if they
> clearly had access to a gun.

The Deeds case is yet another win for Virginia's mental health system. They committed his son on Monday, but "couldn't find a hospital bed for him", so they just let him go home so he could stab his father in the face and chest.

And this comes after the "reforms"

Posted by: Your lameness is stunning ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:27PM

Lordy Wrote:
> here is an idea Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have to say - for all of the crazy stuff that
> is
> > posted on this site - it does seem that people
> > post info on here way before it makes it to the
> > news. wouldn't it be cool if we harnessed our
> > collective efforts to try to do something to
> > actually help these two girls? who would be up
> > for that? anyone?
>
> Um, how about no!
>
> I'm a conservative. Let them take care of
> themselves! Enough of Americans helping each
> other!
>
> Lookout only for yourself. It's time for the
> America of me only!

Silly stupid liberals. Never help anyone, always think that's the government's job and then take credit for massive failing government while they give nothing and try and hide all their money from taxes. Lameness, they name is liberal....
Attachments:
lame.gif

Posted by: needs 2 change ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:32PM

serious question Wrote:
> Not sure if the guy was retired or not...but I
> heard that if you have a high security clearance,
> etc, and you go for mental health counseling, you
> lose your clearance.
>
> just asking. If so, it makes sense why these govt
> folks don't go for help.

That's fucked up if true.

I found a pic's and a vid of the guy, looks like he was a happy guy, guess not.

The Facebook pics are out there of the mother, father, and daughter just check out the daughters account for all of the pics if really want to see them.

RIP

Posted by: am in ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:35PM

how can i help?

Posted by: donations err? ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:35PM

here is an idea Wrote:
> I have to say - for all of the crazy stuff that is
> posted on this site - it does seem that people
> post info on here way before it makes it to the
> news. wouldn't it be cool if we harnessed our
> collective efforts to try to do something to
> actually help these two girls? who would be up
> for that? anyone?

I would, I'm sure a few others would too.

Now what could we do?

Posted by: A family member ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:39PM

Paul was my cousin. We grew up together but haven't seen each other in a while. This is a huge shock to our family. You never think this kind of thing could happen in your family... until it does. I have no words.

Posted by: Guess who ()
Date: November 20, 2013 04:59PM

Everybody knows guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns just make it easier to do it. I haven't heard who did in who. If it was his gun, doesn't mean he used it. It may be likely, but it's just a guess at this point.

Posted by: Pathetic ()
Date: November 20, 2013 05:04PM

You must live a sad life.

Date: November 20, 2013 05:05PM

About to come home from work. WIll update if anything new is at the scene.

Prayers to the girls and family.

Posted by: mEhWk ()
Date: November 20, 2013 05:08PM

Mom must have really pissed dad off. 5 am fight? Could also have been a accidental shooting while gearing up in the morning and he decided to smoke himself. No one will ever know.

Posted by: Someone ()
Date: November 20, 2013 05:19PM

It’s a heartbreaking situation. Disgusted by the harsh remarks of people that clearly need to think before posting! You know who you are.

Posted by: Former Student ()
Date: November 20, 2013 05:44PM

The wife was a P.E. teacher at Franklin Middle School, never occurred to anyone that there was family troubles, especially since she brought her kids in a couple times. This is all very tragic, I wonder how those kids end up.

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: November 20, 2013 05:57PM

Former Student Wrote:
> The wife was a P.E. teacher at Franklin Middle
> School, never occurred to anyone that there was
> family troubles, especially since she brought her
> kids in a couple times. This is all very tragic, I
> wonder how those kids end up.

That is the really sad part. Those kids are gonna face more challenges than any should, and I pray they will survive this and live productive, meaningful lives.

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: November 20, 2013 05:57PM

Former Student Wrote:
> kids in a couple times. This is all very tragic, I
> wonder how those kids end up.

That is the really sad part. Those kids are gonna face more challenges than any should, and I pray they will survive this and live productive, meaningful lives.

Posted by: CJYCN ()
Date: November 20, 2013 06:03PM

Former Student Wrote:
> kids in a couple times.

Would that be any of your business? No.

Posted by: Parisi friend... ()
Date: November 20, 2013 06:15PM

Well im friends with te younger Parisi and I knew her family was really close. I don't know wht happened exactly but I don't think it was her dad just going crazy or mad. He wasn't like that. If you live in Fairfax, Chantilly, or Centreville, wear blue tommorrow to honor Mr. And Mrs. Parisi and support their daughters.

Posted by: YtWbV ()
Date: November 20, 2013 06:21PM

Could have been a accidental discharge of a firearm and the spouse turned the gun on them self. Very odd that a couple would be fighting at 5am.

Posted by: Former Student ()
Date: November 20, 2013 07:05PM

I was a student of Mrs. Parisi's. She was always so kind, generous, and funny. She was my favorite teacher. We all really miss her and our thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family. Rest in peace Mrs. Parisi gym class will never be the same without you

Posted by: chantillymom ()
Date: November 20, 2013 07:18PM

Everyone is assuming the scream was from the Mother. It could have been one of the girls screaming after they found their parents.

Posted by: kVVNF ()
Date: November 20, 2013 07:23PM

YtWbV Wrote:
> Could have been a accidental discharge of a
> firearm and the spouse turned the gun on them
> self. Very odd that a couple would be fighting at
> 5am.

Unless it had been going on all night at that's when it ended.

Posted by: $$$ not making sense $$$ ()
Date: November 20, 2013 07:47PM

I wonder how much more money he made then her, since she had a job, a divorce may not have been crazy expensive. Especially since their kids are older he would only have to pay child support on one of them for a few more years.

Posted by: gots no cent ()
Date: November 20, 2013 07:58PM

$$$ not making sense $$$ Wrote:
> I wonder how much more money he made then her,
> since she had a job, a divorce may not have been
> crazy expensive. Especially since their kids are
> older he would only have to pay child support on
> one of them for a few more years.

whut?

Posted by: Honest Joe ()
Date: November 20, 2013 08:00PM

A rotten thing to do to the kids. Life is tough enough for kids these days. I hope they can set up some kind of fund to help them out.

Posted by: $$$ not making sense $$$ ()
Date: November 20, 2013 08:12PM

gots no cent Wrote:
> $$$ not making sense $$$ Wrote:
> -----
> > I wonder how much more money he made then her,
> > since she had a job, a divorce may not have
> been
> > crazy expensive. Especially since their kids
> are
> > older he would only have to pay child support
> on
> > one of them for a few more years.
>
> whut?

When you get a divorce you have to pay ex wifey a certain amount each month.

If you have 2 kids with your ex wifey then you have to send extra cash (until they are 18) along with that alimony payment.

I would guess this is why most husbands murk their wife's when things are going sour.

Posted by: yE43X ()
Date: November 20, 2013 08:19PM

Honest Joe Wrote:
> A rotten thing to do to the kids. Life is tough
> enough for kids these days. I hope they can set up
> some kind of fund to help them out.

The kids will be able to cash in on his million dollar plus life insurance policy. That is unless he committed suicide.

Date: November 20, 2013 08:28PM

yE43X Wrote:
> That is unless
> he committed suicide.

That only applies in the first two years of policy.

Posted by: xYHLw ()
Date: November 20, 2013 09:01PM

What does a govy LIP top out at these days?.

Posted by: nube ()
Date: November 20, 2013 09:03PM

The precise address is 13497 Point Pleasant Dr. in case someone is looking for the property record.

Date: November 20, 2013 09:26PM

A neighbor told CBSDC that an ambulance and police came to the house a couple of months ago. Nothing in the arrest record so ... was an intervention opportunity missed by the FCPD?

Date: November 20, 2013 09:26PM

Posted by: RIP, v sad ()
Date: November 20, 2013 09:51PM

They bought the home not too long ago, paid 625k in 2010. Probably still owe about 400k+ on it.

Posted by: speeding tickets priority #1 ()
Date: November 20, 2013 09:57PM

nube Wrote:
> A neighbor told CBSDC that an ambulance and police
> came to the house a couple of months ago. Nothing
> in the arrest record so ... was an intervention
> opportunity missed by the FCPD?

Now how would that bring in any money?

Posted by: Nice People ()
Date: November 20, 2013 10:00PM

What metro? What are you talking about? Takes all kinds...anyway, I knew the mother, she taught my boys...very sweet kind woman. How tragic and the daughters were right there..now they have no parents at all in the blink of an eye. I hope they have family who can take them in.

Posted by: Old Yellen ()
Date: November 21, 2013 06:09AM

Stabitha Wrote:
> yE43X Wrote:
> -----
> > That is unless
> > he committed suicide.
>
> That only applies in the first two years of
> policy.

That's generally not the rule. Most term and whole life policies have a no payout due to suicide provision for the life of the policy. Exception can be found in the military (usually 3 years). Not sure about federal agents, however.

Posted by: adsfasdfasdfafsd ()
Date: November 21, 2013 06:55AM

Nothing on the arrest record for either of them. I'm curious to see what the investigation comes back with.

Posted by: Updated ()
Date: November 21, 2013 07:54AM

Update
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/news-releases/2013/112013update.htm

Fairfax County Police Department
Public Information Office
4100 Chain Bridge Road, Fairfax, Va. 22030
703-246-2253. TTY 711. Fax 703-246-4253
FCPD-PIO@fairfaxcounty.gov
www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police
News Release:/13/324/0022/(1)LHC
November 20, 2013

UPDATE

Sully Police District – Police have identified the deceased as Paul Parisi, 46, and his wife, Jannine Parisi, 47, of 13497 Point Pleasant Drive, Chantilly.

The investigation is continuing.

Posted by: WTOP ()
Date: November 21, 2013 07:56AM

Police ID 2 killed in Chantilly shooting
http://www.wtop.com/149/3509205/Police-ID-2-killed-in-Chantilly-shooting

WASHINGTON - Police have identified two people found dead after an early-morning shooting in Chantilly, Va., as a veteran ATF agent and his wife.

Fairfax County Police say in a news release that they were called to a house in the 13400 block of Point Pleasant Drive just after 5 a.m.

They found Paul Parisi, 46, and his wife, Jannine Parisi, 47, dead in the house. Police say two teenage girls were in the house at the time of the shooting, but ran to a neighbor's house and were not injured.

Police say there is no threat to public safety at this time.

"At this point," says county police spokeswoamn Lucy Caldwell, "we are investigating this as a domestic situation."

A neighbor describes the occupants of the house as "a wonderful family. We socialized with them - just all-around nice people. It's a shame."

Paul Parisi had worked for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms since 1993. He was a special agent assigned to the Washington Field Division in the arson and explosives group.

His wife, Jannine Parisi was a health and physical education teacher at Franklin Middle School since 2005, according to Fairfax County Public Schools.

Chantilly High School, where one of the couple's children is a senior, sent a note to parents alerting them of the Parisis deaths. Counselors will be available to students, according to the school.

"The safety and well-being of our students will remain our primary focus and we are prepared to support our students' emotional needs as they arise," the school's statement from Principal Teresa Johnson reads. "I know the Chantilly community shares in the family's loss and grief."

The police say that two teenage girls were in the house on Point Pleasant Drive at the time of the shooting, but ran to a neighbor's house and are OK.
Attachments:
316912.jpg
316911.jpg

Posted by: daughters ()
Date: November 21, 2013 08:09AM

Does anyone know where the girls are? As in, are they with family? Just concerned. I don intend to try meeting them or anything

Posted by: Ohio Native ()
Date: November 21, 2013 08:32AM

There's generally only 3 things that cause people to take this extreme way out: severe financial problems, serious legal problems (pending or on the way) or the spouse has indicated they want a divorce and the other cannot deal with the break-up of the relationship. When I was kid, my neighbors died in a murder-suicide and it turned out one of the girls in the family had just revealed she was being molested by Dad, Dad knew his life was about to be turned upside down so he killed Mom and himself and left 3 girls alone without parents. When a person sees arrest, embarrassment, the legal process, possible jail time, the loss of his career, the loss of his marriage, financial problems coming his way etc. etc. it can cause this type of drastic violence to avoid all of that. If Paul Parisi pulled that trigger, he wanted to avoid SOMETHING BIG coming his way...

Posted by: Or, ()
Date: November 21, 2013 09:10AM

He was depressed. Tis the season for SAD.

Posted by: What in the world? ()
Date: November 21, 2013 09:25AM

Why on earth would this happen? Seemed like a lovely family! To shoot your spouse and kill yourself with your children in the home, leaving them to find you and then have no parents? This is just so bizarre, and awful. Many prayers to those poor girls. I don't know how you get over something like that.

Posted by: weno ()
Date: November 21, 2013 09:52AM

You forgot the RICH in "There's generally only 3 things that cause RICH (well-of) people to take this extreme way out: severe financial problems, serious legal problems (pending or on the way) or the spouse has indicated they want a divorce and the other cannot deal with the break-up of the relationship. poor people deal with it because they are exposed to more adversity, but then there is the crime factor. But this story is sad, i send all my condolences to the victims.

Posted by: Sewless ()
Date: November 21, 2013 10:00AM

Parisi friend... Wrote:
> Well im friends with te younger Parisi and I knew
> her family was really close. I don't know wht
> happened exactly but I don't think it was her dad
> just going crazy or mad. He wasn't like that. If
> you live in Fairfax, Chantilly, or Centreville,
> wear blue tommorrow to honor Mr. And Mrs. Parisi
> and support their daughters.

lol fuck you dude

wear blue?
how gay!

Posted by: clarified ()
Date: November 21, 2013 10:07AM

Ohio Native Wrote:
> There's generally only 3 things that cause people
> to take this extreme way out: severe financial
> problems, serious legal problems (pending or on
> the way) or the spouse has indicated they want a
> divorce and the other cannot deal with the
> break-up of the relationship. When I was kid, my
> neighbors died in a murder-suicide and it turned
> out one of the girls in the family had just
> revealed she was being molested by Dad, Dad knew
> his life was about to be turned upside down so he
> killed Mom and himself and left 3 girls alone
> without parents. When a person sees arrest,
> embarrassment, the legal process, possible jail
> time, the loss of his career, the loss of his
> marriage, financial problems coming his way etc.
> etc. it can cause this type of drastic violence to
> avoid all of that. If Paul Parisi pulled that
> trigger, he wanted to avoid SOMETHING BIG coming
> his way...

there's 4th too, infidelity. Not saying that is the case here though.

Posted by: Coppers ()
Date: November 21, 2013 10:11AM

WTF is this cop doing to the car behind his??????
Attachments:
316912.jpg

Posted by: anonymous11 ()
Date: November 21, 2013 10:17AM

You are a horrible person to say this. Have some respect.

Posted by: u7vVH ()
Date: November 21, 2013 10:24AM

People say awful things on this site. If you know this family I highly recommend you don't come here for your information.

Posted by: UGFan ()
Date: November 21, 2013 10:30AM

It freaks me out to see stuff like this. On this page:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/2-Dead-After-Chantilly-Shooting-232639081.html

There is a comment by someone claiming to be the wife's sister. Says "TO SPECIAL AGENT CARL VASILKO FROM JANNINES SISTER HE KILLED HER ON HIS 5 YEAR PHYCH REVEIW THAT U N FELLOW AGENTS KNEW ABOUT MY SISTER BEGGED 4 HELP THAT UR AGENCY IGNORED U GAVE HIM THAT GUN".

The Navy Yard shooter had major issues everyone knew about... and needed serious help. I guess anything's possible. I feel very sorry for these girls.

Posted by: ???? ()
Date: November 21, 2013 11:02AM

Coppers Wrote:
> WTF is this cop doing to the car behind his??????

Good catch, what is that cop doing to that car in the picture?

Date: November 21, 2013 11:04AM

Coppers Wrote:
> WTF is this cop doing to the car behind his??????

Someone stole his tag so he's getting one from someone else. Seems fair.

Posted by: Patrick Henry ()
Date: November 21, 2013 11:42AM

My favorite teacher and she was always the best in 7th period R.I.P Mrs. Parisi.

Posted by: Harley Rider ()
Date: November 21, 2013 01:45PM

Sadly, it would seem that some reports are incorrect - the husband shot the wife (who was heard screaming) before killing himsef. He was released from the hospital just recently after being admited for mental health issues.

My thoughts and prayers are for the children, who did not witness the event but will forever be traumatized by it. I hope that friends, family and the community can rally around them and provide comfort and support.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.