HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Virginia Gov. McAuliffe pulls out checkbook when gifts exceed $100 limit
Posted by: Terry McAwful ()
Date: September 10, 2014 04:34PM

Finally, at least one thing I can agree on with this turd.

McAuliffeBacardi.jpgRICHMOND — The governor of Virginia doesn’t just write a thank-you note anymore when he gets a gift. These days, he also sends a reimbursement check.

Gov. Terry McAuliffe promised not to accept any gifts worth more than $100 when he took office in January, aiming to chase away the ethical clouds that settled over Richmond under Robert F. McDonnell, the former governor convicted of corruption last week.

But just because a governor declares that he will not accept expensive gifts does not mean people will stop trying to shower him with them. Old habits die hard in the Old Dominion, where public officials were free to take personal gifts of unlimited value until this year.

When the Democratic governor made a visit to the Washington Redskins’ training camp this summer, team owner Dan Snyder presented the governor with a jersey and jacket with “McAuliffe” on the back.

The governor accepted them graciously, but afterward directed his staff to find out if he could actually keep them. Under Executive Order No. 2, which he signed just minutes after taking office, McAuliffe prohibited himself, his family or members of his executive staff from accepting anything worth more than $100.

MOAR: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/virginia-gov-mcauliffe-pulls-out-checkbook-when-gifts-exceed-100-limit/2014/09/09/0d4584c2-3825-11e4-9c9f-ebb47272e40e_story.html?hpid=z2

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Virginia Gov. McAuliffe pulls out checkbook when gifts exceed $100 limit
Posted by: XEX39 ()
Date: September 10, 2014 05:27PM

Too bad that Democrats are so g--damned stupid not to remember that Terry McAuliffe was the Clintons' bag man. He helped steer tens of millions of dollars towards the Democrat Party. He sold the Lincoln Bedroom as if it were a motel. He sold pardons to anyone who could pay. Then he became the DNC Chairman, and continued his graft. Democrats are silly clowns.

Posted by: Fast Terry. ()
Date: September 10, 2014 05:41PM

I think you meant "silly ASS clowns".

Posted by: an observation ()
Date: September 10, 2014 05:53PM

as a result of his past behavior: selling visas, etc., Terry can afford to pay for all his gifts.

Posted by: Top 1% Only ()
Date: September 10, 2014 06:32PM

The new rules are designed to ensure only the top 1% can run - and win - higher office. That would include Fast Terry.

Posted by: Timmy Kaine ()
Date: September 10, 2014 07:09PM

Hahaha! I took as much as McCriminal, never wrote a check to anyone, and now I'm a fuckin' U.S. SENATOR! HAHA! DUMBASS LIBS WILL VOTE FOR ANY TURD!

Posted by: 3ECTD ()
Date: September 11, 2014 03:07PM

ok we'll do a standard of living assessment after he's out of office

see if any of the big democrat deals he's been making (ie, with foreigners) has enriched him

ok?

my guess is: yes - people don't throw money outside of VA unless they are getting a benefit later

Posted by: tyvUv ()
Date: September 11, 2014 03:12PM

bob got school loans and military pay, business loans, but ran business (profitable i don't know). you know: pay back loans by overpaid gov work in VA coming from NJ?

far as i know he reported gifts on taxes (there is no accusation of IRS fraud in charges)

so for Bob, a mcmansion (not a big one) and a fancy car and small boat i hear, and two daughters to likely care for (if they weren't shoed into gov jobs)

hard to test ways and means without knowing about business and etc

too many gov workers get loans and pay back by getting huge pay and big house loans: to me - that's getting more than taking more, loan not paid

Posted by: PEmDF ()
Date: September 11, 2014 03:14PM

take a loan to produce med equipment (ie, that helps not only rich) and fail - should be forgiven to some extent

take a risk loan and produce and patent and export equipment (like ham, electrical switches, transformers, etc from VA) to elsewheres

now that deserves a standard of living increase - because it increases standard of living without relying on gov to pay it all through (anybody makes money that way, gov pays all debt - why gov services have caps)

Posted by: c3TEd ()
Date: September 11, 2014 03:18PM

after prosecuting Bob, payouts to foreigners (illegals, jobs and loans to, foreign company deals), not informing republicans (some? all?) of the special election

he'd have to pull a rabbit out of the hat, or walk away without allot of money there lacking, to appear to be just someone trying to do a job without stealing money - to appear to be not someoen who came for a hostile raping of republican money

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.