HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Lazy assed Dog Owners
Posted by: PissedOff ()
Date: July 07, 2014 08:30PM

I have a corner lot that many of the new neighbors let their dog's crap in. I have security cameras and I can tell if they pick it up or not. If I see them, I stare at them while their dog is doing his or thing and intimadate them in to cleaning it up. If I am not watching, they leave it. I have one neighbor who always lies about it, I sent her a CD with about 10 instances of her allowing her dog to poop on my yard without cleaning it up. She has responded my getting a petition started for me to move out of the neighborhood. Since I was here first, and since my house is paid for, that ain't going to happen.

Has anyone sued dog owners for damages from not picking up after their dog?

I try to be the "go along to get along" but am sick of mowing thru all the dog poop. This is a symptom of all the newbees in hood. Most with out kids. I gett along great with everyone else.

Anyone else seeing this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Lazy assed Dog Owners
Posted by: Just don't hurt the dogs ()
Date: July 07, 2014 08:35PM

Aside from changing your tone and delivery with said offenders, send any video evidence, along with names and addresses to the local police. They will cite the owners along with a fine.

Usually, once police are involved, that's enough of a deterrent for it to stop.

Also, consider installing a fence or private property/no trespass signs.

Posted by: make them pay ()
Date: July 07, 2014 08:36PM

Put dog poison in your lawn and make them suffer really hard and die and curl up

Posted by: hhmn ()
Date: July 07, 2014 08:36PM

Better idea would have been to crap on their front doorstep at 2am. I have heard of people bagging the crap and putting it back in their yard. They tend to get tired of that stop leaving it in yours.

Date: July 07, 2014 08:37PM

Then go rape and pillage all surrounding houses and make sure everyone knows who is boss....wear face paint for optimal effect

Then go rape and pillage all surrounding houses and make sure everyone knows who is boss....wear face paint for optimal effect

Posted by: hhmn ()

I bet you have Millenlials for neighbors, they are the worst. Damn hippie parents didn't teach them a damn thing. They respect no one and never follow rules.

Posted by: uupm3 ()
Date: July 07, 2014 09:18PM

Don't poison no dog (please, it ain't the dog's fault), and by jeesh, don't be raping and pillaging.

You can, in a friendly way, encounter the trespasser and tell him to please clean up after his dog.

If he gives you any grief, then . . . . . . . . (get it) . . . . . .

Posted by: Ideabank ()
Date: July 07, 2014 09:31PM

Put the crap on a paper plate and bring it to your neighbor. Tell them or leave a note saying "you left this on my lawn. Just returning it to the proper owners. Thanks. Bob".

Posted by: Well..... ()
Date: July 07, 2014 10:03PM

The best tacktic would be to make the area non enjoyable for the dog. No need to poison or harm the dog, just make your yard the equivalent to a back door gas station unisex bathroom in NW DC.

K-9 can not stand the scent of ammonia. If you spray your sidewalk with it the owners will have issues getting the dog to walk on your property, let alone sniff around for a proper spot to shit.

You could also try an electronic dog whistle. A co worker of mine had an issue with his neighbors dogs and he bought one that you could just plug in and let run. Ths will also be a deterant to wanting to squat in the area.

To those who will say that is cruel, just poison the dog and let then simmer on that.

Posted by: dilly ()
Date: July 07, 2014 10:26PM

Just stand in front of a window naked and watch them while they are in your yard. Having an erection might scare them away.

Posted by: eff ewe. ()
Date: July 07, 2014 10:41PM

Follow what the Retardz say to do....guns guns guns....that is the answer

Posted by: crazynan ()
Date: July 08, 2014 12:07PM

Our neighbor has done the same thing for ten plus years. The husband is a nice guy and it doesn't happen when he has the dog but the wife lets the dog go in our yard and when we catch her she says "oh gee, I didn't see her go there" even though we watched her watch her dog.

We reported her to the county and not only was she fined for that but she was fined for having her dog off leash. Call the county and let them do the correcting.

Entitled people won't listen to a word you say but when they start losing their $ their fat ears seem to perk right up.

Posted by: Responsible Dog Owner ()
Date: July 08, 2014 12:30PM

As a dog owner who always walks around with a bag to pick up after my pooch, I can't stand when other dog owners fail to do so. I love animals and still wouldn't want my lawn covered in poop. There must be some sort of county code violation for a repeated trespass of this sort. It sounds like your neighbors are really inconsiderate and reasoning with them won't work.

Can you contact the county or possibly your HOA to complain? If you have filmed evidence already this will really help. Please do not poison the dog -- it is not the dog's fault.

Sorry you have to deal with this. Unfortunately there are a lot of self entitled people of all ages and demographics in this area who let their kids, pets, etc. run amuck.

Posted by: thesolverer ()
Date: July 08, 2014 12:44PM

I had the same issue once. I solved the issue very quickly.

Take the poop and lay it on their windshield propped against their wiper blade. It only takes once or twice and, magically, people start picking up after their own dogs.
Attachments:
stupidity.jpeg

Posted by: Mr. Long ()
Date: July 08, 2014 12:52PM

Build a fence around the lot.

Posted by: Kardiac17 ()
Date: July 08, 2014 01:16PM

I wonder about the people who go to the trouble of bagging the poop then just tossing the bag onto the grass along the sidewalk.

Posted by: Helpful link from the county ()
Date: July 08, 2014 01:57PM

PissedOff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a corner lot that many of the new neighbors
> let their dog's crap in. I have security cameras
> and I can tell if they pick it up or not. If I
> see them, I stare at them while their dog is doing
> his or thing and intimadate them in to cleaning it
> up. If I am not watching, they leave it. I have
> one neighbor who always lies about it, I sent her
> a CD with about 10 instances of her allowing her
> dog to poop on my yard without cleaning it up. She
> has responded my getting a petition started for me
> to move out of the neighborhood. Since I was here
> first, and since my house is paid for, that ain't
> going to happen.
>
> Has anyone sued dog owners for damages from not
> picking up after their dog?
>
> I try to be the "go along to get along" but am
> sick of mowing thru all the dog poop. This is a
> symptom of all the newbees in hood. Most with out
> kids. I gett along great with everyone else.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

Here is Fairfax County's "Pooper Scooper" Law/code...

https://library.municode.com/HTML/10051/level3/FACOCO_CH41.1ANCOCA_ART2ANCORACO.html

Section 41.1-2-6. Animals causing unsanitary conditions.

It shall be unlawful for the owner of any animal or animals to keep such animal or animals in such a manner as to cause unsanitary conditions. The owner or custodian of any dog shall be responsible for the removal of excreta deposited by such dog on the property of another, including public places. (26-04-41.1.)

Posted by: Ammonia ()
Date: July 08, 2014 02:20PM

Buy a gallon or two,spray bottle and have at it. Cheaper than the other suggestions and safe. Spray the perimeter twice Dailey and all critters will stay outta your yard. Dogshit on the windshield is humorous and non damaging so no charges can be filed.

Posted by: No Poo ()
Date: July 08, 2014 05:16PM

As a person who walks a dog you don't need a fancy or tall fence. A small or cheap one works great to keep dogs focused on the sidewalk, the cheapest possibly being those green or white wire garden fencing. Unless there's something crazy on the lawn dogs won't bother stepping over. The one barrier that won't work are stones.

There are also signs you can get. I'd avoid the green dog-shaped one because it's often not easy to see, at at least how people place them. The best is a baby on board like one with black font on white so it's noticeable.

Ironically in my area it's not dogs that are the problem but kids. Instead of pooping they litter and trample/rip up/climb any and all plants and trees at all hours. I never understood how they pass school since during the warm months they'd be out all night as soon as they got home. Once bagging became a thing dog poop is largely gone, but people do drop thd baggies everywhere.

Posted by: SRRes ()
Date: July 08, 2014 07:20PM

My neighbor had a problem with that on his corner lot, which seemed to be exacerbated by the fact that his dogs were allowed out in the front yard, and well-trained enough that they never stepped off the grass. Others going by with their dogs seemed to think that his animals were somehow illegally on their own property off leash/unfenced. No, but some people seemed to make a big deal of leaving crap in his yard.

He solved it very creatively: he's a plumber, and he installed a motion detector on his sprinkler system. Anyone who crossed onto his grass got wet! It stopped.

Posted by: neighbors suck ()
Date: July 08, 2014 07:31PM

"He solved it very creatively: he's a plumber, and he installed a motion detector on his sprinkler system. Anyone who crossed onto his grass got wet! It stopped."

^^ That is a great idea!! That should solve your problem with minimal cost and headaches.

Welcome to Northern Virginia, land of the pretentious fuck faces. I see people having this problem often. assholes living here have no respect for other peoples property.

Posted by: PissedOff ()
Date: July 08, 2014 08:20PM

SRRes Wrote:
> My neighbor had a problem with that on his corner
> lot, which seemed to be exacerbated by the fact
> that his dogs were allowed out in the front yard,
> and well-trained enough that they never stepped
> off the grass. Others going by with their dogs
> seemed to think that his animals were somehow
> illegally on their own property off
> leash/unfenced. No, but some people seemed to
> make a big deal of leaving crap in his yard.
>
> He solved it very creatively: he's a plumber, and
> he installed a motion detector on his sprinkler
> system. Anyone who crossed onto his grass got
> wet! It stopped.

This is a great idea! Thanks

I have no guns, I don't want to hurt or kill the dogs. I don't want to call the cops since this is a minor thing. No rape and pilage..I'm to old . Although and excelent idea, I don't think I could crap on their doorstep. I think I would be to anal retentive to crap on demand. Maybe I could hire a homless guy to do it since they seem to crap everywwhere else.

Not sure about the Indians fucking buffalo post....

I'm to lazy to spread anyhting all over the lawn twice a day. I have a large front yard

I will follow up with the motion detector solution

Regards

Posted by: Bud Hoal... ()
Date: July 08, 2014 10:09PM

For the OP....I am curious, just how does one generate a petition that results in forcing another person out of their home??? Where would you file such a petition for action?

Posted by: make it shit everywhere! ()
Date: July 08, 2014 11:10PM

Just fill a few hotdogs with laxatives and leave them lying around your yard where the dogs crap. The dogs will eat them up, and later have diarrhea in their owner's homes.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: July 08, 2014 11:41PM

Had a neighbor who was complaining about dogs taking a dump in her yard. It turned out to be a feral cat.

Posted by: Snoop DoggieDogg ()
Date: July 09, 2014 04:01AM

PissedOff Wrote:
> I have a corner lot that many of the new neighbors
> let their dog's crap in. I have security cameras
> and I can tell if they pick it up or not. If I
> see them, I stare at them while their dog is doing
> his or thing and intimadate them in to cleaning it
> up. If I am not watching, they leave it. I have
> one neighbor who always lies about it, I sent her
> a CD with about 10 instances of her allowing her
> dog to poop on my yard without cleaning it up. She
> has responded my getting a petition started for me
> to move out of the neighborhood. Since I was here
> first, and since my house is paid for, that ain't
> going to happen.
>
> Has anyone sued dog owners for damages from not
> picking up after their dog?
>
> I try to be the "go along to get along" but am
> sick of mowing thru all the dog poop. This is a
> symptom of all the newbees in hood. Most with out
> kids. I gett along great with everyone else.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

I'm with the people who say report it to the police. If you have video of some of the offending poopers, just report them and get them fined, especially the bitch that started the petition. After a fine or two, I bet they think twice about not cleaning up after their dogs.

Posted by: Holly Hostile ()
Date: July 09, 2014 08:34AM

Agreed. Report the person you see and have evidence of doing it. Don't blame all dog walkers, (it sounds like you don't, I'm glad you use your camera!)I hate seeing big piles of shit everywhere from some lazy idiot that makes us all look bad. And starting a petition when you called her out?! Unless something else happened you arnt mentioning, Entitled is right on the money.

The dogs I walk usually try to crap in the same spots so it's just so stupid to think you wouldn't get caught at least SOME of the time- even once is too much!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.