HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
FCPD bad news [Officer James Summers, assault]
Posted by: late breaking ()
Date: May 09, 2012 05:42PM

WASHINGTON - A Fairfax County police officer is under arrest after being accused of sexually assaulting a woman with whom he had a relationship. Prince William County police say 55-year-old James Summers, of Burke, Va., is accused of assaulting the 42-year-old woman in her Manassas home in 2009. The investigation began last week when the assault was reported.

Summers, a five year veteran of the Fairfax County Police Department, was relieved of his police powers. He's being held without bond until a court appearance in July.

He is 55 and has only five years on. A little old to be starting out as a cop.

edit by Cary: Added "[Officer James Summers, assault]" to the subject line for list-page clarity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2013 05:59PM by Cary.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPD bad news
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 09, 2012 05:49PM

prolly was a cop in another department before.............

Vegas odds say this aint the first tryst he's had like this as well............

Posted by: seems strange ()
Date: May 09, 2012 05:51PM

Why was this reported 3 years later?

Unless there are hospital records or eyewitnesses, physical evidence will be scant.

Posted by: Clobbersaurus ()
Date: May 09, 2012 06:49PM

And if this occurred in 2009, I'm guessing it's either she didn't have the courage to report it till now or revenge.

Posted by: jimski11 ()
Date: May 09, 2012 08:50PM

Records show he is a retired Fairfax County Fire Captain that retire honorably after 25+ years, cant be that bad, he made it 25 years with the best fire department in the world. We give bad guys Innocent until proven guilty.... give it to this guy.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: May 09, 2012 08:56PM

Forcible sodomy? Like others have said, why did she wait three years to report this?

Blessed are the murderous.

Posted by: u idiots ()
Date: May 09, 2012 08:57PM

sounds like she is getting even with him prob cause he dumped her. why else wait 3 years to report it. if its true though, one bad apple doesnt make all cops bad. there will always be a few bad apples out there, just like every other job.

Posted by: habeus corpus ()
Date: May 09, 2012 09:17PM

Man, that sounds dubious to me. Not knowing anything about this other than what I just read, it seems to me that the charge has to be based ENTIRELY on the woman's allegation.

Given the fact that they were in a relationship at the time, if in fact sodomy did occur, how would the woman be able to allege, and ultimately prove, that it was forcible?

Man, this scares me. He is being held without bond. Imagine how that could f up your life if they said hey, your gonna rot in jail until your case. Who pays your bills?

There must be something more. Did he admit something?

Does anybody know anything more?

Posted by: OGPD ()
Date: May 09, 2012 09:25PM

prolly was a cop in another department before.............

Vegas odds say this aint the first tryst he's had like this as well............

There you go...Detective GordonBlvd is on the case. Don't even bother having the Fairfax Police investigate...she'll solve it in a jiffy!

Posted by: Joe Friday ()
Date: May 09, 2012 10:22PM

eesh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Forcible sodomy? Like others have said, why did
> she wait three years to report this?

I'm with you eesh. Wait three years to report this? Something stinks....just not sure what.

Posted by: Retarded Poster  ()
Date: May 09, 2012 11:39PM

Bumping for Retarded Poster, who obviously didn't see this thread.

Posted by: FD Employee ()
Date: May 10, 2012 11:29AM

This was a stellar Fire Dept employee and when he did retire, he joined the Police. Hate to see something like this happen.

Posted by: DD ()
Date: May 10, 2012 11:33AM

FD Employee Wrote:
> This was a stellar Fire Dept employee and when he
> did retire, he joined the Police. Hate to see
> something like this happen.

Ahh, a double dipper.

Posted by: NoT! ()
Date: May 10, 2012 07:20PM

FD Employee Wrote:
> This was a stellar Fire Dept employee and when he
> did retire, he joined the Police. Hate to see
> something like this happen.

Stellar...are you kidding?! He was psycho!

Posted by: RetFCFD ()
Date: May 10, 2012 08:14PM

He was a pain to deal with in the FD, long way from a stellar employee

Posted by: tys ()
Date: May 10, 2012 08:53PM

I hope when I'mm 55 I can still get the younger 40ish woman.

Posted by: EF3k7 ()
Date: May 10, 2012 09:25PM

Joe Friday Wrote:
> eesh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Forcible sodomy? Like others have said, why did
> > she wait three years to report this?
>

3 years, seems like way too long. The police had enough probable cause to arrest? I assume there must be a video of the assault or witnesses. Otherwise, this case is a non-starter.

Posted by: Leo ()
Date: May 11, 2012 01:42AM

This guy came in my house looking for my girl , who had a warrant ,for a traffic vilolation (driving w/o a license) , she wasnt there though . He came across like a ahole , but seemed like he could of been worse . Thought the whole experience was a bit much for a warrant for traffic violation .Had another officer with him who seemed pretty cool , coulda been good cop bad cop type thing . But all this being said , 3yrs is a long time .

Posted by: fck FCPD ()
Date: May 11, 2012 11:30AM

ROT IN PRISON U PIECE OF SHIT!!! FUCKED BY UR OWN!!!

Posted by: Hay Zeus ()
Date: May 11, 2012 12:30PM

Sadly, cops often make the worst boyfriends.

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: May 11, 2012 12:52PM

Hay Zeus Wrote:
> Sadly, cops often make the worst boyfriends.

Thats cause they are all dicks.

Posted by: dobiegirl ()
Date: April 03, 2013 06:19AM

James Craig Summers as noted retired from the Fairfax County Fire Department in 2007 and started employment with the Fairfax County Police Department. He's a 1974 graduate of Fairfax High School, Fairfax, Virginia. Summers grew up in the City of Fairfax. He's got a violent/psycho/dark side as noted above.

If all they had was the word of this ex, then I don't think he would have a grand jury indictment. The "true bill" indictment was recorded Sep 4, 2012 with a trial set for Apr 10, 2013. I guess we will know soon enough if this was legit or a waste of taxpayer resources.

Posted by: freaky ()
Date: April 03, 2013 06:39AM

I'm wondering if this sodomy was a simple case of some good viscous throat gaging head, fudge packing in the coco canal, or the famous around-the-world both. Did she wait to report the incident or did some new information come to light that gave credibility to previous complaint dismissed at the time due to their relationship? They must have something more than just her word, because I don't think a grand jury would indict three years after the fact on the vindictive word of an ex alone.

Date: April 03, 2013 07:18AM

@dobie - thanks for that update had been seraching to see if the dude had been convicted or not outta this

and yeah.........I guess we will see soon enough.

but like Freaky says - usually, a grand jury indictment hints at something not necessarily being a waste of time to check out LoLz

@freaky - prolly head. If it's an asspack, they usually charge BOTH rape and Sodomy I think.........

Posted by: GFR ()
Date: April 03, 2013 02:29PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @dobie - thanks for that update had been seraching
> to see if the dude had been convicted or not
> outta this
>
> and yeah.........I guess we will see soon enough.
>
>
> but like Freaky says - usually, a grand jury
> indictment hints at something not necessarily
> being a waste of time to check out LoLz
>
> @freaky - prolly head. If it's an asspack, they
> usually charge BOTH rape and Sodomy I
> think.........

You have no fucking clue. Grand Jury indictments are not hard to get in VA. Its very rare a grand jury returns a no bill on an indictment.

Posted by: Withhold Judgment ()
Date: April 03, 2013 04:05PM

There's been too little information in the press to indicate which way this will go. The fact is that there are women that know how to use the system to get back at a guy. And, there are guys that have pushed their luck too many times. The jury will have the opportunity to decide the credibility of the accuser. This is an example of why guys should be careful, because it's possible for a lie to get a guy convicted and have his life ruined by some vindictive ex-girlfriend. If she gets a conviction on her ex, she may be able to go after his money in a civil action as well.

Date: April 03, 2013 05:10PM

@withhold - pretty easy to NOT be charged with rape or sodomy - just dont do it LoLz. I mean, seriously - this aint no weekend road trip - You gotta work kinda hard to get a grand jury to look into yr shit............at least in the REAL world.

@GFR - so exactly how "easy" is it do get one? You dont have SHIT in terms of data showing that a Grand Jury indcitments in Fairfax County resulting in innocent victims being wrongly prosecuted, do you? NO? Then shut up. Court case will ultimately decide what's up in this he said/she said....................but I know damn well that an indictment is going down with a little bit more than just some bitch saying "blah blah blah".

Date: April 03, 2013 05:50PM

Gordie...Nobody and I mean NOBODY has data on how many innocent victims have been wrongly prosecuted in Fairfax County. The Commonwealth Attorney's Office will tell anybody that asks that ever person they prosecute are not innocent other wise they would not prosecute them...duh. They even hold this to be true even after the jury says the people are innocent. So you are correct I have no data on this...but will name example shortly...

Do you even know how a grand jury works in VA? I doubt it so I will give you a very short lesson. The jury sits in a small conference room. A police officer or a commonwealth attorney tells the jury members what evidence they have. There is no show in tell , most of the time. There is no defense asking questions or presenting their side. The jury members may ask a few questions and then they vote. If its a more complex case it may take longer. Again..somebody really has to fuck up for the grand jury to return a no bill. So yes, a person can be charged, prosecuted including a grand jury indictment because some dumb bitch says ...."blah blah blah"

Example case...Fairfax County PE teacher charged with assaulting female student. Court case showed there was no evidence beyond the statements of the troubled girl. Jury took very little time and found the teacher not guilty. The commonwealth along with police still insists he was not innocent even though they have no evidence otherwise .

BUT WAIT...this case is not even in FAIRFAX COUNTY. Its in PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY.

Ask Justin's family if he is innocent but wrongly prosecuted and convicted based upon verbal statements only. (AND NO I AM NOT SAYING JUSTIN WOLFE IS INNOCENT)

So are "damn well" do you know what about what??

And again never said this guy did not do it, just questioned the case in general.

Date: April 03, 2013 05:50PM

sorry I forgot to add LoLz

Date: April 03, 2013 06:22PM

Well, you would think a cop would be more careful than your average middle aged guy on the rebound.

If James Craig Summers beats this rap, because of reasonable doubt, he should consider himself lucky. I'm sure he'll be more careful in the future.

If he goes to the pokey, he might find out what it's like to be on the receiving end of such a stunt. The thought brings to mind that movie with Bert Reynolds from the 70s. If that's the case, I hope JCS learns to squeal real nice.

Either way, James Craig Summers is a changed man.

Date: April 03, 2013 07:46PM

http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Virginia/Fairfax-County-VA/James-Craig-Summers.33629898/details/

The following Official Record of James Craig Summers is being redistributed by Mugshots.com and is protected by constitutional, publishing, and other legal rights. This Official Record was collected from a Law Enforcement agency on 12/22/2012.

James Craig Summers
Mugshots.com ID: 33629898
Full Address: 6109 WILMINGTON DR, BURKE, VA 22015
Arrest Date: 11/15/2012
Charges:
Charge Charge Description
82-1-6[46.2-862(i)] RECK DR: SPEEDING 20MPH+

For a Fairfax County cop, James Craig Summers is starting to rack up an impressive rap sheet.

Posted by: ffx fast driver ()
Date: April 04, 2013 05:06AM

I recognized this guy. He gave me a speeding ticket for going 28 in a 25; 3 mph over the limit. I was able to get it dismissed, but I had to take a day off from work to do it. This guy is a prick and he got caught reckless driving at 20+ over the limit. I wonder if he kept his license?

This guy needs a wake up call. His few years of power in the FCPD have gone to his head and affected his judgment. It's good to see he's being held accountable for some bad judgment. I think he'd benefit from some time in the pokey.
Attachments:
summers-james-mugshot.jpg

Posted by: lolyerr ()
Date: April 05, 2013 12:46AM

Is he at the Adult Detention facility in Fairfax County?

If not, will he be "extradited" to said facility? I might go in this weekend to the jail for the hell of it...

(*think of being drunk in public - I'll just call 911 and hang up and drink a beer on my front porch and wait for fairfax's finest to arrest me for being "drunk in public" ) ....

and might fold up this post and put it in my ass so I can show my other cellies

Date: April 05, 2013 07:49AM

@lolyerr - ha ha ha +1
@fast - 28 in a 25. WOW.....................Dobiegirl, I stand corrected. Sounds like this cop DOES have a psycho history
@GFR - I dunno..................guy's got "the look" LoLz

Re: FCPD bad news [Officer James Summers, assault]
Posted by: Fireman ()
Date: April 06, 2013 01:08AM

http://manassas.patch.com/articles/police-department-employee-charged-with-sexual-assault#photo-first

Police in Prince William County say they have arrested an employee of the Fairfax County Police Department, accused of sexually assaulting a Manassas woman in her home.

James Craig Summers, 55, of Burke, VA, was arrested and charged with forcible sodomy after police began an investigation into the alleged sexual assault on May 3, according to Prince William County Police Spokesman Jonathan Perok.

The incident was reported to have taken place at a residence in the Manassas area of Prince William County (20112) sometime between Sept. 1 and Oct. 31 of 2009. The victim, a 42-year-old woman of Manassas, told investigators she and Summers, a known acquaintance, were involved in a relationship.

But on one occasion in 2009, the woman told police, Summers came to her residence, sexually assaulted her and left the residence. Summers was arrested on May 8 following the investigation.

Summers, whose court date is set for July 18, is being held without bond, according to Perok.

The prosecution likely has more than just the word of the victim in this case.

Posted by: 42-year-old woman ()
Date: April 07, 2013 06:21PM

Next time James Craig Summers, pay for dinner and a movie and you won't find youself in this kind of trouble.

What kind of guy thinks he can get something for nothing?

The answer is a James Craig Summers type of guy. He's an asshole. The type of guy that just shows up at your house, stuffs his cock in your mouth and leaves without even saying thank you or offering to buy you dinner. He's a cheap bastard.

Posted by: Somali Mann ()
Date: April 07, 2013 07:06PM

Only facts folks. This was posted last year. So has he gone to court and was found guilty? In keeping up with FFU traditions, only threads where someone has been sentenced gets bumped up. I couldn't find anything about his assault charge. And if the charge was dismissed/found guilty or what.

Lets not bump threads because this cop might have given you a ticket or run into him.

Thank you.

Date: April 11, 2013 05:13PM

James Craig Summers convicted by jury of his peers and determined guilty of forcible sodomy.
Attachments:
Summers Court Info convicted.JPG
summers-james-FHS 2.jpg
summers-james-mugshot 3.jpg

Date: April 11, 2013 05:38PM

It appears James Craig Summers has a court/jury ordered mental evaluation to look forward to.

All of this appears to have occured while he was an active duy Fairfax County Police Officer.
Attachments:
Summers Court Info convicted detail.JPG

Date: April 11, 2013 07:36PM

I wouldn't want to be in this guy's place right now.
Attachments:
ass in jail.bmp

Posted by: Screwjob? ()
Date: April 12, 2013 03:38AM

http://centreville.patch.com/articles/former-police-officer-convicted-of-forcibly-sodomizing-ex-girlfriend-08537247

Former Fairfax County Police Officer Convicted of Forcibly Sodomizing Ex-Girlfriend

A Prince William County jury recommended that James Craig Summers, a former Fairfax County police officer, be sentenced to 7 years in prison.

A former Fairfax County police officer was convicted in Prince William County Circuit Court on Thursday of forcibly sodomizing his ex-girlfriend in 2009.

James Craig Summers, 56, a Burke resident who served with the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department for 30 years before he became a police officer, was found guilty on the third day of a jury trial. Summers was arrested in May 2012.

The victim told the court that, in one incident while she was dating Summers, he grabbed her arm, twisted it around her back, handcuffed her and then forcibly anally sodomized her—despite her pleas for him to stop.

After deliberating for several hours Wednesday afternoon and part of Thursday morning, the five men and seven women recommended that Summers serve a seven-year sentence. A judge will make the final decision when Summers is sentenced on Aug. 2.

In a case lacking any physical evidence, the verdict largely depended on the testimony of the victim. Prosecutor Kristina Robinson urged the jury to consider who was the more credible witness, then characterized Summers as "a manipulative personality" who had multiple affairs both before and after the relationship ended.

"He hasn't changed. James Summers is who James Summers is. He's a liar. He's a cheat. And you can't believe a word he says," Robinson said.

Summers admitted the affairs, but denied hurting the victim. In closing arguments, the defense tried to paint a portrait of the ex-girlfriend as a jilted lover, who was bent on getting back at Summers for the shabby way he treated her.

"I would never do something like that—violence on another human being," Summers said.

The victim said that she had not reported the information for two and a half years largely out of fear that Summers would retaliate.

Posted by: The Whole Truth ()
Date: April 12, 2013 05:32AM

There's the possibility, that this was nothing more than a jilted ex-girlfriend getting back at her asshole ex-boyfriend with a few very convincing lies.

A retired fire fighter with a distinguished thirty-year career of public service starts a second career as a police officer to continue his public service only to be brought down by a slutty and vindictive ex-girlfriend.

I'm surprised a jury would find a guy guilty based on old claims that lack evidence other than the testimony of the ex-girlfriend.

This is scary, because it could happen to anyone. One moment you are enjoying life and a successful career, the next moment your life is over and you're getting butt-fucked in prison.

Scotty, beam me up.

Date: April 12, 2013 07:37AM

A cop that likes to fuck people in the ass. Somehow, I'm not surprised. I think it goes with the job culture and personality types.

Posted by: MLK republican ()
Date: April 12, 2013 08:08AM

Truth is we don't know the truth. There is very reasonable doubt as far as I'm concerned.

Actually if you think about it, this case sets a very dangerous presedence.

Watch out dudes, the femanazis are taking over.

I think the bitch liked it like that on regular basis and as others have said she was spurned.

I believe a woman like that was probably corn holed as a young girl on a regular basis against her will which is sad. So after she became an adult she did this sort of thing to make her feel in control of men. Then after Summers cheated on her it brought back unbearable humiliation and a feeling she wasn't in control after all.

Posted by: Spartacus ()
Date: April 12, 2013 02:08PM

You, sir, are a poor excuse for a man, devoid of honor and destitute of character.

Posted by: need more info ()
Date: April 12, 2013 03:15PM

Wow. From what I've read, the initial charge was based on the act occuring sometime between September 1 and October 31 of 2009...not an actual, specific date.

If so, how would someone even be able to establish an alibi under those circumstances...unless he was out of the country for 2 months straight.

Based upon what I've read (probably pretty limited) It sounds like no defense was available, because, paradoxically, there seems to have been no real evidence.

Is this real?

Does anyone have more detail/information?

I always thought "justice" required a pretty high standard.

Posted by: bumpo2 ()
Date: April 12, 2013 03:32PM

Jm

Posted by: mike the jackel ()
Date: April 12, 2013 04:13PM

The jury had seven women and five men. The men probably wanted to get out of there and were willing to do what ever was necessary to end the matter.

Summers admitted to several affairs before and after his relationship with this woman, the accuser.

He probably wasn't viewed very sympathetically by the women. I don't think they even considered a high standard of proof to convict.

Complaining to the police two and a half years later about an incident that some couples practice for fun and enjoyment, handcuffs included, concerning your ex-boyfriend with no physical evidence that results in an arrest, conviction and jury recommendation for seven years imprisonment is scary.

Did the jury consider the possibility that this woman was a skilled story teller with a vindictive streak and overwhelming desire to get back at an ex-lover?

In the interest of justice, did her testimony really rise above the reasonable doubt standard?

This could be a case of I'm going to screw you, I know how to do it, and you will be defenseless.

Posted by: Screwjob? ()
Date: April 17, 2013 07:45PM

Virginia Sex Offender Registry
Attachments:
summers sex offender.jpg

Posted by: The Whole Truth ()
Date: April 17, 2013 09:56PM

An unconfirmed report is that the victim is a female deputy sheriff. Why did she wait 2.5 years to report? No physical evidence, just she said-he said.

This is a very strange case!

Posted by: SummeringUpstate ()
Date: April 23, 2013 10:10PM

See page 32... He'll be spreading a lot more than the words of Jesus for the next few years...
http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/fr/download/lc07vol1.pdf

His new friends will help him create a nice spacious storage areas for those big fat pension checks:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/metro/daily/graphics/mesalaries_121604.html

Posted by: Two Cents ()
Date: May 07, 2013 03:13PM

A bit of poetic justice for a creep.

Posted by: irony ()
Date: May 07, 2013 03:43PM

How ironic that he shaved off the characteristic "molester" moustache AFTER he was convicted in his portrait for the sex offender registry.

This case should have been an easy win, with no evidence and a long time before it was reported. He really must have had a shitty defense attorney.

Please someone post the name of his lawyer so everyone knows who NOT to hire.

Posted by: irony2 ()
Date: May 07, 2013 03:46PM

At least he will have more opportunity to practice buggery now, and he's not likely to get in trouble for it. Or maybe he can now enjoy being on the receiving end.

Posted by: yomommaisaho ()
Date: May 07, 2013 05:35PM

another law obeying whitey making us all proud hahahaha.

Posted by: yomommmaisaho ()
Date: May 07, 2013 05:53PM

bah, drop in the bucket compared to non white criminals hahahahha

Posted by: Testilying is common for LEO's ()
Date: May 07, 2013 05:59PM

FIFY: "Another law enforcing cop making us all proud."
The blue wall is a corrupting influence on the people making up LE ranks. Psychos and liars like this guy are protected for a LONG time and without regard to the safety of those they hurt.

Posted by: Police Perjury Not News ()
Date: May 07, 2013 06:09PM

The LAPD is said to call the practice "joining the liars' club." In a 1996 article in the Los Angeles Times, "Has the Drug War Created an Officer Liars' Club?," Joseph D. McNamara, then chief of police of San Jose, said "Not many people took defense attorney Alan M. Dershowitz seriously when he charged that Los Angeles cops are taught to lie at the birth of their careers at the Police Academy. But as someone who spent 35 years wearing a police uniform, I've come to believe that hundreds of thousands of law-enforcement officers commit felony perjury every year testifying about drug arrests." He noted that "Within the last few years, police departments in Los Angeles, Boston, New Orleans, San Francisco, Denver, New York and in other large cities have suffered scandals involving police personnel lying under oath about drug evidence."

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-02-11/opinion/op-34758_1_drug-war-propaganda

Posted by: compare and contrast ()
Date: May 08, 2013 07:48AM

Just read a story in WaPo about a DC teen who broke into an elderly woman's house, stole some thhings, punched her in the face until she went unconscious, all while wearing an ankle GPS for some previous "transgression".

It seems the woman later died.

The fellow got 7 years in prison.

Posted by: ignoranceisbliss ()
Date: May 08, 2013 06:47PM

Hmmm. You all have NO idea how perverse the legal system is in Virginia until you or a family member goes through a year in the life of someone actually living it. Enjoy your life with your "head in the sand."

Posted by: benefits ()
Date: May 08, 2013 07:07PM

Let me guess, the cop gets paid while he is in prison according to his union contract.

Posted by: oink ()
Date: May 08, 2013 07:18PM

benefits Wrote:
> Let me guess, the cop gets paid while he is in
> prison according to his union contract.

Hey Rush, there are no public unions in VA. No collective bargaining. Period.

I imagine the police fired him, but that he will continue to collect his fire dept pension.

Posted by: lolyerr ()
Date: May 09, 2013 11:47AM

All I can say is wow..

I can believe it though. Convicted on ones' testimony with no evidence or admission of guilt..

I'm interested in the precedent this sets as prosecution cites case law with future allegations absent of physical and circumstancial evidence..

Fucking crazy!!

Posted by: fcpd personnel office ()
Date: May 09, 2013 03:04PM

We had the Taliban spy, the woman whose reckless driving killed a teacher and now this guy, the only one of the three to be punished.

Date: May 16, 2013 07:29AM

You're right, this person IS with the Sherriff Department... AND she is a tactical defence instructor at the FCPD academy. As a law enforcement officer she also knows how to USE the system. This person found out Mr Summers moved on after breaking up with her and wanted nothing to do with her (yes almost 3 years later) and found someone to believe her story after Summers was cleared of 2 prior assult cases she filed. Justice is not sweet.

Date: May 16, 2013 07:33AM

Summers was cleared of any wrong doing or assults in the two prior investigations this person filed with IA. THAT is proper police work, not as PWCO admitted to no evidence, no witnesses and no injuries.

Posted by: barry mason ()
Date: May 16, 2013 07:33AM

lolyerr Wrote:
> All I can say is wow..
>
> I can believe it though. Convicted on ones'
> testimony with no evidence or admission of guilt..
>
>
> I'm interested in the precedent this sets as
> prosecution cites case law with future allegations
> absent of physical and circumstancial evidence..
>
>
> Fucking crazy!!

You forgot one thing, not sure it happened in this case but it does happen. The suspect calls up the victim to apoligize for his actions. Victim gets it on tape. Confession by culprit is very good evidence. In Virginia only one person needs to be aware call is being recorded.

Posted by: Derek A ()
Date: May 16, 2013 08:48AM

This seem kinda fishy to me.

Posted by: Rockhound ()
Date: May 16, 2013 04:48PM

Guilty or not... He sure looks like one cold motherfucker.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: May 16, 2013 07:13PM

Maybe he left his watch in her ass.

Posted by: It is fishy ()
Date: May 16, 2013 10:06PM

It is fishy and t is amazing he was convicted. I do not know Mr. summers, but I can confirm the late report of the case was nothing short of revenge. He dumped her dirty ass (pun intended) and married another woman.....then this came out....shocker.

Date: May 27, 2013 04:36PM

Suspect did NOT call victim (not sure we want to call her that), she called him after almost 3 years and when he would not talk to her she filed charges.

Date: June 24, 2013 04:09PM

Hmmm nope, she called him after almost 3 years of no contact.

Posted by: bugger boy ()
Date: August 04, 2013 02:33AM

Five years in the pen won't be that bad for him. He'll get to do a lot of buggering and he won't have to buy them dinner. There's a lot of pent up demand for someone that knows how to bugger and bugger good in the pokey. It will put a smile on his face.

Date: August 04, 2013 11:24AM

Fathers, brothers, uncles, boyfriends, husbands... you all need to take note. In the state of Virginia there only needs to be a "because I said it happened". No evidence is required and there is no time limit on reporting. After almost 3 years of no contact between the two... SHE calls HIM. She was afraid he would retaliate, really?! Only after the judge asked why there was not a Protection Order in last 3 years did she get one. Ooops! Yea forgot that because I was so afraid I let it slip my mind. This person who claims this "terrible" assault did not report it because she was ashamed. Forget she is a law enforcement officer for the past 20 years, or that she trains FFX Co police recruits self defense as stated in court even a 10 year old girl knows the importance of reporting in a timely manner. It seems odd that before she filed these charges a year ago, she took a domestic violence class which was a "how to" instruction guide for reporting these types of crimes. The course content listed all the things (behaviors) to look for in a "true" victim. Once she had rehearsed her part, that of the victim, she decided only then to file charges. Yes, she played the system and the jury bought her story. The really sad thing is she enlisted her 15 year old son to take part in her charade. No wonder he needs counseling with a mom like that. Truth and justice do not always prevail. This woman is dangerous to men everywhere. She is evil and vindictive. She tried 3 times to file assault charges on James and he was found not guilty each time. Get a female detective in Prince William who buys into her game and admits no evidence and no one can corroborate her story (oh yes, she gave specific names). So, basically the only "evidence" they had going into trial was that as a single man James dated 2 women at the same time without them knowing. Match.com and EHarmony come to mind. Worse yet once she became aware of the other woman she continued to date him for many months.

Posted by: works for some ()
Date: August 04, 2013 12:06PM

If you do not like the jury's verdict then write to Eric Holder.

Posted by: Danny Webster ()
Date: August 04, 2013 12:08PM

ignoranceisbliss Wrote:
> Fathers, brothers, uncles, boyfriends, husbands...
> you all need to take note. In the state of
> Virginia there only needs to be a "because I said
> it happened". No evidence is required and there is
> no time limit on reporting. After almost 3 years
> of no contact between the two... SHE calls HIM.
> She was afraid he would retaliate, really?! Only
> after the judge asked why there was not a
> Protection Order in last 3 years did she get one.
> Ooops! Yea forgot that because I was so afraid I
> let it slip my mind. This person who claims this
> "terrible" assault did not report it because she
> was ashamed. Forget she is a law enforcement
> officer for the past 20 years, or that she trains
> FFX Co police recruits self defense as stated in
> court even a 10 year old girl knows the importance
> of reporting in a timely manner. It seems odd that
> before she filed these charges a year ago, she
> took a domestic violence class which was a "how
> to" instruction guide for reporting these types of
> crimes. The course content listed all the things
> (behaviors) to look for in a "true" victim. Once
> she had rehearsed her part, that of the victim,
> she decided only then to file charges. Yes, she
> played the system and the jury bought her story.
> The really sad thing is she enlisted her 15 year
> old son to take part in her charade. No wonder he
> needs counseling with a mom like that. Truth and
> justice do not always prevail. This woman is
> dangerous to men everywhere. She is evil and
> vindictive. She tried 3 times to file assault
> charges on James and he was found not guilty each
> time. Get a female detective in Prince William who
> buys into her game and admits no evidence and no
> one can corroborate her story (oh yes, she gave
> specific names). So, basically the only "evidence"
> they had going into trial was that as a single man
> James dated 2 women at the same time without them
> knowing. Match.com and EHarmony come to mind.
> Worse yet once she became aware of the other woman
> she continued to date him for many months.

A paragraph (from the Greek paragraphos, "to write beside" or "written beside") is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea. A paragraph consists of one or more sentences.[1][2]

Though not required by the syntax of any language, paragraphs are usually an expected part of formal writing, used to organize longer prose.

Posted by: shirts happen ()
Date: August 04, 2013 12:10PM

"So, basically the only "evidence" they had going into trial was that as a single man James dated 2 women at the same time without them knowing."

karma dude

Posted by: scared man ()
Date: August 04, 2013 02:03PM

So, what's her name ignoranceisbliss? Someone should put the word out on this chick so that this won't happen again. You must be a close friend or relative of Summers to know so much.

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: August 04, 2013 02:43PM

ignoranceisbliss Wrote:
> Fathers, brothers, uncles, boyfriends, husbands...
> you all need to take note. In the state of
> Virginia there only needs to be a "because I said
> it happened". No evidence is required and there is
> no time limit on reporting. After almost 3 years
> of no contact between the two... SHE calls HIM.
> She was afraid he would retaliate, really?! Only
> after the judge asked why there was not a
> Protection Order in last 3 years did she get one.
> Ooops! Yea forgot that because I was so afraid I
> let it slip my mind. This person who claims this
> "terrible" assault did not report it because she
> was ashamed. Forget she is a law enforcement
> officer for the past 20 years, or that she trains
> FFX Co police recruits self defense as stated in
> court even a 10 year old girl knows the importance
> of reporting in a timely manner. It seems odd that
> before she filed these charges a year ago, she
> took a domestic violence class which was a "how
> to" instruction guide for reporting these types of
> crimes. The course content listed all the things
> (behaviors) to look for in a "true" victim. Once
> she had rehearsed her part, that of the victim,
> she decided only then to file charges. Yes, she
> played the system and the jury bought her story.
> The really sad thing is she enlisted her 15 year
> old son to take part in her charade. No wonder he
> needs counseling with a mom like that. Truth and
> justice do not always prevail. This woman is
> dangerous to men everywhere. She is evil and
> vindictive. She tried 3 times to file assault
> charges on James and he was found not guilty each
> time. Get a female detective in Prince William who
> buys into her game and admits no evidence and no
> one can corroborate her story (oh yes, she gave
> specific names). So, basically the only "evidence"
> they had going into trial was that as a single man
> James dated 2 women at the same time without them
> knowing. Match.com and EHarmony come to mind.
> Worse yet once she became aware of the other woman
> she continued to date him for many months.

How can he be found "not guilty" on three attempted to file assault charges? Where and when did she try to file these charges? Who found him "not guilty?" You haven't indicated anything that shows this claimed assault was a fabrication. If anything, you've described a woman that was trying to seek justice, but the system had the bar too high and she didn't know what elements of the crime were needed to successfully have the charges stick. Perhaps the real lesson here is not to restrain your girlfriend and fuck her in the ass without an invitation from her. Was the jury really that stupid that they couldn't sort this out? They must have had something from Summers that acknowledged the event took place. If they continued to date after the first buggery, did Summers continue to bugger her? Or, was this buggery a one time affair? It's starting to sound like he shouldn't have been convicted, in spite of doing the act, because there wasn't any evidence other than testimonial evidence. Was this Summer's first and only time buggering this chick in the ass?

Posted by: Beyond Doubt ()
Date: August 04, 2013 03:11PM

Perhaps the timeline of events was very convincing. When you look at the dates of the buggery, counseling, attempts to file charges, number of investigations, etc..., you may find a very credible story.

Posted by: Rhonda Realtor ()
Date: August 04, 2013 03:35PM

Posted by: bugger boy ()
Date: August 04, 2013 04:13PM

Did James Craig Summers claim the buggery was consensual? Did she have that look in her eye that said, "Do me in the ass bugger boy and call me dirty girl!"

Posted by: The Verdict ()
Date: August 04, 2013 06:13PM

In the end you should respect the jury verdict. They had the opportunity to evaluate both sides of this matter and come to a beyond a reasonable doubt consensus. I suspect Summers tried to claim that she likes it in the ass. That's a hard sell to a lot of people when you have the victim claiming otherwise. I think justice was served and James Craig Summers is likely having a hard time adjusting to his new lifestyle. It's been reported that he's very religious and also served as a chaplain in the Fairfax Fire Department. He's in a good place now to practice his religion. Perhaps he likes to cite bible verses as he's getting ready to mount his prey.

Posted by: The Left Fist of God ()
Date: August 04, 2013 06:25PM

James Craig Summers favorite Bible passage is Genesis 19:5-11.

That's the part where the sodomites want to have sex with the angels who came to visit Lot, and Lot offers his virgin daughters instead.

Now, of course, Summers will find out what it is like to be on the other side.

Another bit of scripture comes to mind: wailing and gnashing of teeth.

SO IT IS WRITTEN SO SHALL IT BE DONE.

Date: August 04, 2013 07:27PM

Her name is Ann Good. She lives in Prince William county, but works in Fairfax County as a "self-defense" instructor at the police academy training new recruits. She has had past relationships where as you say this "buggery" was a regular practice, so she did have some experience to pull from to put this story together and time to get it right. She filed false claims of assault with Fairfax County Police and after each investigation Summers was cleared of any wrong doing. She NEVER once mentioned any sexual assault in any of these charges with IA.

And yes, law in Virginia states a man can be convicted on her word alone. No proof is needed if she is able to sell her story as truth.

Posted by: Line Copy Editor ()
Date: August 04, 2013 09:00PM

First of all, why is the Fire Department's newsletter called line copy?

Second, why aren't they covering the end of Summers' career?

Third why isn't Faifax Police owning up to the problem with one of their officers?

Talk about a County Cover Up.

Posted by: 90909999 ()
Date: August 04, 2013 09:19PM

The Verdict Wrote:
> In the end you should respect the jury verdict.
> They had the opportunity to evaluate both sides of
> this matter and come to a beyond a reasonable
> doubt consensus. I suspect Summers tried to claim
> that she likes it in the ass. That's a hard sell
> to a lot of people when you have the victim
> claiming otherwise. I think justice was served and
> James Craig Summers is likely having a hard time
> adjusting to his new lifestyle. It's been reported
> that he's very religious and also served as a
> chaplain in the Fairfax Fire Department. He's in a
> good place now to practice his religion. Perhaps
> he likes to cite bible verses as he's getting
> ready to mount his prey.

I have no idea of the specifics of this case. But from what I've read, it appears that there was no real EVIDENCE against this fellow.

It seems there was just an allegation. An allegation that turned into a conviction.

If somebody knows something different and knows how to write, please weigh in. I'd love to hear what really happened in the courtroom.

Juries are supposed to be a cross section of America. I've run into some pretty stupid and gullible people in my life...you probably have, as well.

Just hope that if you are ever in front of a jury, you don't get a few aggressive idiots in the jury pool, who can manilpulate the others into a stupid conclusion.

Posted by: easy company ()
Date: August 04, 2013 09:43PM

"Just hope that if you are ever in front of a jury" then ask for a trial by judge not jury

Posted by: atticus ()
Date: August 04, 2013 09:58PM

I might do that.

Thanks.

Posted by: Really? ()
Date: August 04, 2013 11:37PM

ignoranceisbliss Wrote:
> Her name is Ann Good. She lives in Prince William
> county, but works in Fairfax County as a
> "self-defense" instructor at the police academy
> training new recruits. She has had past
> relationships where as you say this "buggery" was
> a regular practice, so she did have some
> experience to pull from to put this story together
> and time to get it right. She filed false claims
> of assault with Fairfax County Police and after
> each investigation Summers was cleared of any
> wrong doing. She NEVER once mentioned any sexual
> assault in any of these charges with IA.
>
> And yes, law in Virginia states a man can be
> convicted on her word alone. No proof is needed
> if she is able to sell her story as truth.

How would anyone know she had past relationships where buggery was a regular practice? I would think that if it was a well known fact, it would be an invitation for more of the same. And, if it was well known, it could be used against her by the defense.

If she filed "false claims" of assault with the FCPD, why didn't they go after her for lying to the police? Don't the claims show a trend that Summers was abusive? What was the nature of the claims? Where the multiple claims all about the same one-time incident?

Let's say she complained to the police several weeks after the alleged incident, what evidence would be available then as opposed to 30 months after the incident? Would her complaint have more credibility if she filed it sooner? I suspect she could show that she took other actions that supported her claims such as counseling for sex assault. The fact is that victim testimony is likely the only evidence in an assault reported well after the fact. Look at how many military women are complaining about sexual assault years after the incident and the military takes it seriously and pursues the culprits. So, this is not all that unusual.

What else about this case is not known here on the forum?

Former Police Officer Sentenced for Forcible Sodomy of Ex-Girlfriend
Posted by: More Info ()
Date: August 05, 2013 09:21AM

Former Police Officer Sentenced for Forcible Sodomy of Ex-Girlfriend
James Summers, a former police officer and firefighter in Fairfax County, will likely appeal the verdict.
http://burke.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/former-police-officer-sentenced-for-forcible-sodomy-of-exgirlfriend_ded5c55b

A former Fairfax County police officer and firefighter was sentenced in a packed courtroom Friday to serve a five year-prison term after he was convicted of forcibly sodomizing his ex-girlfriend.

James Craig Summers, 56, a Burke resident who served with the Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department for over 30 years before he became a police officer, received a 7-year prison term, with two years suspended. His attorney, Ghislaine Storr Burks, indicated in court that she would lodge an appeal of the jury's verdict.

The victim had testified during Summers' trial last April that on one night in 2009 while she was dating Summers, he had grabbed her arm, twisted it around her back and handcuffed her. He then forcibly anally sodomized her, despite her pleas for him to stop, she said. The victim said that she had not reported the attack, which took place in the Manassas area, for two and a half years out of fear that Summers would retaliate.

"She is never going to be the same," Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney Kristina Robinson said of the victim. "What happened to her will always be with her."

Summers—who in the trial admitted having affairs before and after the relationship ended—maintained his innocence.

"I'm not the man I was characterized as last April," he said, but apologized to the victim for his behavior during that time.

"My actions were disrespectful and not honorable," Summers said.

The sentencing had seemed to those who knew Summers as an unlikely end to an otherwise apparently untarnished career. Two dozen of Summers' longtime friends, coworkers and family members—including his ex-wife—submitted letters to Farris on his behalf before the sentencing. They said the accusation was nothing like the man they knew, who served as a chaplain in the Fire and Rescue Department near the end of his employment there, and helped found Harvest Bible Chapel in Fairfax.

But at Summers' trial, Robinson called him a "manipulative personality," and "a liar and a cheat" who had managed to deceive both his wife and friends about his true behavior.

Judge Lon Farris upheld the jury's recommendation of seven years, and ordered Summers to have no contact with the victim. He also ordered that Summers reimburse her for up to $5,000 costs for counseling.

James Summers. Photo credit: PWCPD
Attachments:
7d2742c23ee3b8afb5ec8162afbe6413.png

Posted by: soo-eee ()
Date: August 05, 2013 10:00AM

He's going to learn to squeal like a pig.

Maybe Jimmy Swaggart can do a benefit for him at Harvest Bible Chapel.

Posted by: Beavis. ()
Date: August 05, 2013 10:05AM

"sentenced in a packed courtroom"

You said packed

Posted by: king of almost nothing ()
Date: August 05, 2013 10:07AM

"I'm not the man I was characterized as last April," he said, but apologized to the victim for his behavior during that time.

"My actions were disrespectful and not honorable," Summers said.

Where are all the defenders of him who said he got railroaded? Why is he apologizing for something he didnt do according to you. Now shut up and go to sleep.

Posted by: oh c'mon now ()
Date: August 05, 2013 10:19AM

So, it's a crime to be "disrespectful and not honorable"?

Really?

That's all you got?

Posted by: pick and choose ()
Date: August 05, 2013 10:22AM

notice you left out "my actions" try again blind sheeple.

Posted by: plain dealer. ()
Date: August 05, 2013 10:29AM

Some of you are taking liberties with the victims reputation while ignoring Summers.

Posted by: oh jeeez ()
Date: August 05, 2013 10:29AM

Are you kidding me?

You think adding "my actions" changes anything?

Who else would he have been talking about?

So..."his actions" were disrespectful and not honorable.

Is it a crime to be disrecptful and not honorable?

No. Those can be components of a crime, but on their own, not necessarily criminal.

Keep trying.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.