HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Candles viable replacement for central heating of a large home?
Posted by: Geoffrey J. Smotherstone ()
Date: June 07, 2014 08:12PM

Greetings,

I am a wealthy McLean landowner and Federal government contracting magnate. Hard times have fallen on my industry and I am currently soliciting advice regarding heating my 12,500 square foot home with candles next winter. I have acquired several bags of Tealight candles from Target for testing purposes. A quick review of the literature on this topic leads me to believe a large quantity of small candles will produce the greatest amount of heat for the lowest cost. The literature also indicates that candles burn with remarkably low fume emission, making them viable for enclosed spaces such as a home.

To keep this method practical, I believe it will be necessary to thermally isolate several rooms or possibly several floors of my home. I plan to use plastic drop cloths from Home Depot and masking tape.

Please repond with your own experiences regarding the use of candles for home heating. Is this method viable? Please share any advice you may have.

Regards,

Geoffrey J. Smotherstone

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Candles viable replacement for central heating of a large home?
Posted by: FFX county fireman ()
Date: June 09, 2014 06:52AM

I stay very warm putting out houses that are on fire due to candles.

Posted by: New Englander ()
Date: June 09, 2014 05:59PM

Not sure if you are serious, but I will post just in case. Being from New England we would sometimes hang quilts or blankets over doorways to close off some rooms. This would save money on heat and keep some rooms much colder than others. You must make certain no plumbing in in the walls of the rooms being closed off. You do not want broken pipes. You can also hang thermal drapes to keep drafts down. Thin plastic might be ok over windows, but will not do much to close off rooms.

If you have multi zone heat controls, it will be much easier.

I have never used candles as a heat source, and do not recommend that you try. Invest in a pellet stove to heat the rooms that you have not closed off.

Posted by: Heatmeister ()
Date: June 09, 2014 06:08PM

Um, you guys realize it's June and it was 80+ today, right? If you want to warm up your house just open the window.

Posted by: WilliamRobert ()
Date: June 09, 2014 06:48PM

I would recommend bituminous coal

Posted by: t6W9U ()
Date: June 09, 2014 08:59PM

Manure work well also. It works for cooking. I have managed to heat my entire 25,000 sq ft house, the pool and the hottub with just the dog poop my neighbors leave in my yard as tokens of appreciation.

I just saw a study that showed that Rush Limbaugh is so full of shit, he could heat the tri state area for 3 years. We are looking at the feasability of using all the Teabaggers for fuel since they are not good for anything else. The difficulty is removing their heads from their asses in order to get at the shit.

Posted by: Gerry's kids ()
Date: June 09, 2014 09:04PM

No, just one q-tip in any typical libtard's ear and you'll have a lifetime supply of shit that you can just burn and burn and burn all night long. Those libtards are so full of shit they don't even know. Must be nice to go through life clueless to reality.

Posted by: eYCP6 ()
Date: June 09, 2014 09:45PM

Gerry's kids Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No, just one q-tip in any typical libtard's ear
> and you'll have a lifetime supply of shit that you
> can just burn and burn and burn all night long.
> Those libtards are so full of shit they don't even
> know. Must be nice to go through life clueless to
> reality.
\

Gerry's kids.
Could you possibly put some more effort into the insults? Right or Left, everyone enjoys a good
zinger. I can only give you a D minus for this one. I have seen some of your post and I know you you can do much better.

Sincerely

The FU readers....

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.