HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Judge Says Case Against (R) Gov McDonnell Has Enough Strong Evidence
Posted by: Oh My! ()
Date: May 27, 2014 01:10PM

The corruption case against former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell and his wife, Maureen, is set to go to trial this summer after a judge tossed out a motion to dismiss most of the charges against the couple.

U.S. District Judge James R. Spencer also decided Tuesday that the former first couple should be tried together rather than apart.

The rulings are the latest in a series of setbacks for the McDonnells' legal team, which had had several motions denied since the former first couple was indicted in January.

The Republican and his wife are charged in a 14-count indictment with accepting more than $165,000 from Jonnie Williams, the former CEO of dietary supplements maker Star Scientific Inc. In exchange, they would help promote his products, according to prosecutors. Those gifts include shopping sprees for designer clothes and accessories, a Rolex watch, $15,000 in catering expenses for a daughter's wedding, golf outings and a lake-house vacation stay that included use of Williams' Ferrari, according to the indictment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Judge Says Case Against (R) Gov McDonnell Has Enough Strong Evidence
Posted by: jvLnJ ()
Date: May 27, 2014 06:50PM

that's not a charge jackass. he's allowed to accept donation and political money and help companies get business , helping business , also collecting money , is part of the job.

HOWEVER. i read the indictment there was NO WORD that it had been pay for play.

THERE IS NO CLAIM in the indictment Bob even helped the company.

i'm pissed bob didn't do more to his lying employees to stop the abusive pay gap and hiring refusals (insider hiring). but bob is one man with 2000 counties and a state, too.

----------------------
go right ahead

keep in mind gov workers are not injured by the claim and WV isn't either by law

i'm the citizen and i couldn't find one phrase in the indictment to hold a candle to

the indictment does not name who was lodging the claims (let me guess, DC democrats who have no right filing claims in VA) or the panel deciding. and it was poorly written

IN T H E U N I T E D S T A T E S D I S T R I C T C O U R T
FOR THE EASTERN DISTRICT OF VIRGINIA
Richmond Division
\dw
ES OF AMERICA No. 3:14cr

C o u n t s 1 2 - 1 3 : 18 U . S . C . ยง 1 0 1 4
(False Statements)

oh fucking really democrats. is there a code on false statements ?

we ought to put you all in prison for claiming bob lied without stating what lie he told , while being democrats lying continually

------------------------
AND the delays in this trial are insane.

show the proof or get out

democrats outsted bob (mid) term and held a "special" election without mailing republicans

and don't you damn forget it

Posted by: Yes... But... ()
Date: May 27, 2014 07:26PM

To the above poster:

Huh?

I have NO idea what you were trying to convey in that post.

English, please?

Date: May 27, 2014 07:41PM

One or both of them is going to jail.

The tricky part is going to be getting Williams to turn over on them.

Posted by: True The Vote ! ()
Date: May 27, 2014 07:42PM

Bob was a good Gov. He would have been a good President,that is why Obama siced his pit bulls on him, same reason Ben Carson was target of the IRS, Obama be real scared, these are men, not boys. Obama is a boy.

Posted by: Judge Says I didn't even read ()
Date: May 27, 2014 07:43PM

what I clipped. IAMG2!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.