HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pain Management in FF Jail?
Posted by: CADFitter ()
Date: May 22, 2014 11:51AM

Hey I'm 'new' to Fairfax as a resident SO I wasn't used to the iron fist that rules the roads over here (came from P.G.co. where cops will race you and bolt) when I stated working over in Lorton.
I Got a reckless last year ~5am and was lucky to not go to jail but I got one again this year! a little higher speed this time, and looks like I'll be in lockup for a few days (95/55).
My only issue with that is that because I take pain management for chronic back (disc)pain I worry that there could be a problem with the medical staff wanting to give me the meds I am prescribed.
I have heard horror stories about them deciding what they think you need regardless of what a doctor thinks.
I'm not looking forward to withdrawals that could kill me, but otherwise I'll take my punishment like a man.

It just sucks that whenever I speed I get caught. oh well I've learned recently to pay more attention to the speedometer than the road, which isn't exactly safe either but now I'm the stick in the river so people can't wait to get around me. :)

CF

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pain Management in FF Jail?
Posted by: Wussy ()
Date: May 22, 2014 12:10PM

You don't want to go through withdrawal because it might kill you, yet you don't mind risking other people's lives with your driving? Sounds cowardly to me.

Posted by: anonomom ()
Date: May 22, 2014 02:20PM

I hope you can't get the meds and have to suffer. God, you sound like a douche bag. Who drives 95 mph? I hope they took your license away as well.

Posted by: GET READY TO JONES ()
Date: May 22, 2014 02:47PM

Your not going to get your pain meds it will be good for you junkie

Posted by: Harry the Dirty ()
Date: May 22, 2014 04:40PM

Here is the right answer: You will need to tell them at intake that you are on pain medications. If you don't, you are screwed. If you do inform them, they will note it to your intake file and you will get the meds, after about a 2 day delay. If you don't get them after a couple of days, have your lawyer and your relatives call the jail and raise hell...Then the nurse will bring them around to you (depending on where you are in the facility) on a daily basis.

One other note: Depending on where you are in the facility, you will be approached by other inmates (typically the ones who are looking at heavy charges or have already been convicted and are facing lots of time) asking you to sell your pain or anti-depressant or bipolar meds to them. The suggested mode of exchange will be food or other commissary items. Don't do it. If you get caught selling or giving your meds to other inmates, it's a street charge...and it's a one way trip to solitary lockup on the A floor.

Finally: Don't talk about your charge or anything related to your case. The ADC is full of snitches.

Posted by: derp ()
Date: May 22, 2014 04:54PM

you will be provided tylonal maybe 2x a day

Posted by: cvEHM ()
Date: May 22, 2014 05:52PM

I have heard horror stories about them deciding what they think you need regardless of what a doctor thinks.

---------------------------
dr mengola forced "medicine" on patients. call 1-800 bad drugs. they know some drugs kill organs and aren't well tested either, and are a huge cost to the taxpayer over something far cheaper that works.

so if your not in prison online. how can you complain they are doing this to you ?

-------------------
maybe that's why prisoners in VA have a huge death rate at around 40 yrs old.

-------------------
actually torture is not an available verdict even to a judge. for serious crime (i'm not judging your case) it's either death penalty or humane penalty / removal from society a while.

don't cry wolf they tortured you. i'll make you regret it you if i look into it and find out your a drug addict wasting my time

-------------------
in prison you can sue, what is it $ 1914 and get a hearing about medical mis-treatment

did you complain to anyone other than the officers ? can you prove they may have intently tortured you ?
Attachments:
summons.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.