HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Librado "Lee" Cena Re-Charged in Road Rage Death
Posted by: Miscarriage of Justice ()
Date: November 25, 2013 08:57AM

Lee Cena was re-charged in the Road Rage killing of William O'Brian. This time it was only for Misdemeanor Assault & Battery with a max of 1 year.

Seems like a light charge for what he did.

http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/new-charges-in-road-rage-fight-that-led-to-death-victims-daughter-speaks-out

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Librado "Lee" Cena Re-Charged in Road Rage Death
Posted by: Summer Brees ()
Date: November 25, 2013 09:30AM

Looks like a Saints fan. Cool. Geaux! Anyway, I'm sure the dead guy wasn't innocent. Shitty situation all around I reckon.

Posted by: Don't start fights ()
Date: November 25, 2013 09:44AM

That's why people shouldn't look for trouble on the rd. If you start trouble then be prepared for an ass whooping. In this case the guy should be charged with a crime because there is video showing him sprinting out of his car to hit the man over the head. The old man shouldn't have been honking at him! Although, I very rarely see a 67 yr old honking at someone for going slower than them. Lmao.

Posted by: GrayBallz ()
Date: November 25, 2013 09:46AM

That IS true. LoL! But sometimes it happens.

Posted by: Kardinal ()
Date: November 25, 2013 06:42PM

As far as we can tell, what Cena did was totally unacceptable. And a man died apparently as a result of his actions. At least, as far as we can tell without a full trial.

Charging him with crimes that they can't prove just lets him off entirely scott-free, which would make people even more unhappy.

Can anyone think of a crime that carries a heavier sentence that fits the events? It seems very unlikely that there was intent to cause the victim permanent harm, or the necessary "conduct of the defendant was so gross, wanton and culpable as to show a reckless disregard for human life,". Even if there was intent to cause permanent harm, how would they prove it?

Posted by: Civil Lee ()
Date: November 26, 2013 03:51AM

I hope he put all of his money in the church because civilly, he fucked.

Posted by: Questioner ()
Date: November 26, 2013 05:42AM

This dude is either lucky beyond belief, or wired to someone important. He basically plays the knock-out game with the victim, running up behind him and striking him in the head, causing the victim's death. That's at least involuntary manslaughter.

The victim's family attorney should look into who this dude knows. It's got to be a great story.

Posted by: asdfadfsasdfasfd ()
Date: November 26, 2013 06:39AM

Questioner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This dude is either lucky beyond belief, or wired
> to someone important. He basically plays the
> knock-out game with the victim, running up behind
> him and striking him in the head, causing the
> victim's death. That's at least involuntary
> manslaughter.
>
> The victim's family attorney should look into who
> this dude knows. It's got to be a great story.

Agreed!

Posted by: Roscoe R ()
Date: November 26, 2013 07:17AM

Questioner Wrote:
> He basically plays the
> knock-out game with the victim, running up behind
> him and striking him in the head, causing the
> victim's death. That's at least involuntary
> manslaughter.

I thought the same thing. Isn't that what the word "involuntary" means that something happens due to your actions but not necessarily what you meant to happen. Sounds like a sucker punch and on an old guy to boot. Nothing good could have been expected from that.

Posted by: thisisajokeright ()
Date: November 27, 2013 10:40AM

Don't start fights Wrote:
> That's why people shouldn't look for trouble on
> the rd. If you start trouble then be prepared for
> an ass whooping. In this case the guy should be
> charged with a crime because there is video
> showing him sprinting out of his car to hit the
> man over the head. The old man shouldn't have been
> honking at him! Although, I very rarely see a 67
> yr old honking at someone for going slower than
> them. Lmao.

Exactly. You can't even flick someone off without them flipping out on you.

I was taking a left turn once and this asshole behind me floored it to go around me and get into the other lane as I was trying to get into the other lane. I flicked him and passenger off and they braked really hard then started tail gating me and/or riding at pace at my car. Followed me 3 miles almost all the way to my place of employment, screaming the entire time, pretending to be on a cellphone (I guess with the cops?)... Jesus it was terrifying.

Posted by: lolwtf9 ()
Date: November 27, 2013 01:16PM

Wow.. kind of frustrating. Haven't read all of the Virginia Code but looking through a lot of the options, what this shit head did really doesn't apply to the law. There is no general "malicious wounding" that would really apply to this in the code, but rather just "aggravated malicious wounding" .. but the way it's written it wouldn't apply:

--
§ 18.2-51.2. Aggravated malicious wounding; penalty.

A. If any person maliciously shoots, stabs, cuts or wounds any other person, or by any means causes bodily injury, with the intent to maim, disfigure, disable or kill, he shall be guilty of a Class 2 felony if the victim is thereby severely injured and is caused to suffer permanent and significant physical impairment.
--

He probably didn't aim to main, disfigure, or kill. Not sure if "disable" could some how qualify but I am guessing they mean disable in a permanent sense. So they can't really charge him with Aggravated malicious wounding.

Next up I was surprised when looking at the code for manslaughter. It's written so it's basically only involving vehicles (WTF?).

--
A. Any person who, as a result of driving under the influence in violation of clause (ii), (iii), or (iv) of § 18.2-266 or any local ordinance substantially similar thereto unintentionally causes the death of another person, shall be guilty of involuntary manslaughter.
--

What a load of shit. This guy fucking stalked a guy, an old man at that, and ran up to him and just struck him and ultimately caused his death. What in the fuck sakes should prevent someone like this from not being in jail for 10+ years? Oh besides these bizarre as laws I guess.

Posted by: Rigghhhtt ()
Date: November 27, 2013 08:25PM

@lolwtf9 -- If what you say is correct, then the knock-out game is perfectly legal in Virginia! But I don't think it is. I also think that involuntary manslaughter in this state does not have to involve an automobile:

"The Virginia Code explains how voluntary and involuntary manslaughter are to be punished, but it gives no definition of the crimes themselves. How can Virginia punish a crime that it does not define?

The answer is that in Virginia, voluntary and involuntary manslaughter are common law crimes. Their elements are still defined only by case law."

- See more at: http://uvalaw.typepad.com/library/2012/02/defining-homicide-in-virginia.html#sthash.1FCZtVVQ.dpuf

Many stories are available online about Virginians charged with involuntary manslaughter where no vehicle is involved. To my unlawyerly eye, this situation fits with those stories.

One of the posters above it right --> this dude is extremely lucky to get such a light charge. Something in the courthouse stinks. If some kid were to play the knock-out game, would the kid get the same slap-on-the-wrist charge?

Posted by: Librado Cena ()
Date: November 27, 2013 11:11PM

I want to wish everyone a hppy thankgiving and pray for me in this situation. I no meen to hurt old man in parking lot. Thankyou very much.

Posted by: Beat down! ()
Date: November 28, 2013 01:19AM

If anyone beats an old person in da head, they should expect that they could cause grave harm. Unless the attacker is mentally incompetent.

Posted by: lolwtf4 ()
Date: November 28, 2013 10:15AM

Rigghhhtt Wrote:
> @lolwtf9 -- If what you say is correct, then the
> knock-out game is perfectly legal in Virginia! But
> I don't think it is. I also think that
> involuntary manslaughter in this state does not
> have to involve an automobile:
>
> "The Virginia Code explains how voluntary and
> involuntary manslaughter are to be punished, but
> it gives no definition of the crimes themselves.
> How can Virginia punish a crime that it does not
> define?
>
> The answer is that in Virginia, voluntary and
> involuntary manslaughter are common law crimes.
> Their elements are still defined only by case
> law."
>
> - See more at:
> http://uvalaw.typepad.com/library/2012/02/defining
> -homicide-in-virginia.html#sthash.1FCZtVVQ.dpuf
>
> Many stories are available online about Virginians
> charged with involuntary manslaughter where no
> vehicle is involved. To my unlawyerly eye, this
> situation fits with those stories.
>
> One of the posters above it right --> this dude is
> extremely lucky to get such a light charge.
> Something in the courthouse stinks. If some kid
> were to play the knock-out game, would the kid get
> the same slap-on-the-wrist charge?

Hey I am not a lawyer and never claimed to be.. only when I go an search on google.. doing a query for say: Virginia + "involuntary manslaughter" .. it basically only turns up cases involving bus drivers and cars. I can't find a search result, from Virginia, that doesn't involve a vehicle. I'm not saying they don't exist, but they seem to match up with the code. This isn't an argument but if you can point out some cases in Virginia I would appreciate it. If they exist, then I am really at a loss as to how they can not charge him with manslaughter or some variation of homicide.

Also, no one is saying knock out game is legal at all. That was never stated or could be inferred from anything in this thread or the article. The article mentions he is being charged with Assault and Battery. I would imagine that's what most people who get in a fight or suddenly hit someone are charged with in Virginia. It is absolutely illegal. The fact he is not being held to any culpability associated with the death of the man he hit is the issue to me and is rather frustrating. My quick searches still come short of finding many other charges that can be levied against him given the exact circumstances of this case.

Road Rage Trial Begins: Single Fatal Punch Alleged
Posted by: Trial Begins ()
Date: February 24, 2014 02:36PM

Road Rage Trial Begins: Single Fatal Punch Alleged

Man faces misdemeanor assault and battery charges after victim fell ill an hour after the fight and never recovered.
http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/road-rage-trial-begins-single-fatal-punch-alleged

After a man died in April following a road rage argument, an assault and battery trial begins Monday in the case.

Librado Cena, 58, allegedly hit William Hays O'Brien, 63, only once in the Best Buy parking lot in Fairfax, Va. But O’Brien would be hospitalized later the same day and die 10 days later, reportedly from a head injury during the fight.

Charges of aggravated malicious wounding were dropped last fall, but a grand jury indicted Cena for misdemeanor assault and battery in November. The maximum sentence is 12 months in jail.

Cena's lawyers claim he punched O’Brien only once, according to The Washington Post.

O'Brien had allegedly been honking his horn at Cena before stopping at the Fairfax store. Security footage released by Fairfax City Police shows Cena approaching O'Brien from behind in the parking lot. The two have an altercation, followed by O'Brien walking into the store and Cena driving off.

Roughly an hour later, O’Brien called 911 from his home with a headache and said he “couldn’t think straight.” Paramedics found him unresponsive.

O’Brien spent several days in the hospital, but died from what the medical examiner called “complications from blunt force trauma to the head."

On Tuesday, The Washington Post posted the security video and Cena's initial interview with police, conducted after O'Brien had been hospitalized.

O'Brien's daughter, Kelly O’Brien, told Patch in November that she wanted Cena to be held responsible.

“So he was honked at. So what?" she said. "Getting honked at once—or even two or three or even four times—is not a good enough reason to follow someone like that and attack them."

Cena’s wife told the Post that her husband was defending himself and that his reputation has been “totally smeared."

Watch the news video here:
http://fairfaxcity.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/road-rage-trial-begins-single-fatal-punch-alleged
Attachments:
1c0a7c0c4fda0118ecfa54c6fb08b641.png

Posted by: Librado Cena, William O’Brien al ()
Date: February 24, 2014 03:00PM

Anger on the roads led to a single deadly punch in Fairfax City
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crime/anger-on-the-roads-led-to-a-single-deadly-punch-in-fairfax-city/2014/02/23/23e04034-98d2-11e3-b88d-f36c07223d88_story.html

Read the post for more...

Video: Surveillance video from a Best Buy store shows the altercation between Librado Cena and William O’Brien on April 16, 2013. The second clip shows Cena interrogated by Fairfax City Police Detective Michael Boone on April 18, 2013.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv/local/librado-cena-william-obrien-altercation/2014/02/21/61f86ca6-9b2b-11e3-8112-52fdf646027b_video.html
Attachments:
20140221_road_rage.jpg

Posted by: Choir Boys'r'Us ()
Date: February 24, 2014 03:17PM

But hey, G2 tells us that Catholics are "A Okay"!!!!

Fry this motherfucker, and everyone who babbled "he's such a nice guy". Here's a free clue: "nice" guys don't kill other people over traffic.

Oh, and drop the "road rage" shit, too, dumbfucks. This is an arrogant asshole who deserves to be shit on.

Date: February 24, 2014 03:22PM

I don't know about you, but when I saw the surveillance video, I was pretty shocked. The news coverage I'd read seemed to imply that Cena ran up and cold-cocked O'Brien. I can't tell anything from that video about who hit who first. And I think it all hinges on who hit who first. Because if O'Brien hit Cena first, it seems to me that for him to hit back is what most of the people here would do.

Posted by: Does it really matter? ()
Date: February 24, 2014 03:31PM

Kardinal Wrote:
> I don't know about you, but when I saw the
> surveillance video, I was pretty shocked. The
> news coverage I'd read seemed to imply that Cena
> ran up and cold-cocked O'Brien.

Doesn't matter, he went after him in the parking lot. 100% preventable.

Date: February 24, 2014 03:33PM

Does it really matter? Wrote:
> Kardinal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I don't know about you, but when I saw the
> > surveillance video, I was pretty shocked. The
> > news coverage I'd read seemed to imply that
> Cena
> > ran up and cold-cocked O'Brien.
>
> Doesn't matter, he went after him in the parking
> lot. 100% preventable.

It doesn't matter who hit first?

If Cena runs up and yells at O'Brien, and O'Brien hits Cena, is Cena not allowed to defend himself by hitting back? Cena has only yelled. O'Brien has now escalated to physical force.

EDIT: Changed "walk" to "run" to more accurate reflect what happened according to the video.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2014 03:34PM by Kardinal.

Date: February 24, 2014 03:35PM

Kardinal Wrote:
> Does it really matter? Wrote:
> -----
> > Kardinal Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I don't know about you, but when I saw the
> > > surveillance video, I was pretty shocked.
> The
> > > news coverage I'd read seemed to imply that
> > Cena
> > > ran up and cold-cocked O'Brien.
> >
> > Doesn't matter, he went after him in the
> parking
> > lot. 100% preventable.
>
> It doesn't matter who hit first?
>
> If Cena runs up and yells at O'Brien, and O'Brien
> hits Cena, is Cena not allowed to defend himself
> by hitting back? Cena has only yelled. O'Brien
> has now escalated to physical force.

Sure, but from that video you can tell that Cena started the fight. It's very blurry, but you can see by the clothes, that he moves across the parking lot and starts the fight with O'Brien. Even the threat of assault from Cena in this parking lot presents a legal problem for Cena, right?

Date: February 24, 2014 03:52PM

Does it really matter? Wrote:

> Sure, but from that video you can tell that Cena
> started the fight. It's very blurry, but you can
> see by the clothes, that he moves across the
> parking lot and starts the fight with O'Brien.
> Even the threat of assault from Cena in this
> parking lot presents a legal problem for Cena,
> right?

I can't tell. Once they come together, I can't tell who hits first. I can tell they...grapple or something, but not who hits first.

Cena definitely starts the engagement/encounter/confrontation/whatever you call it. If Cena *said* something that was a threat, that's assault, but even in the case of assault, that doesn't justify, under law, O'Brien instigating a physical confrontation. And if he does, Cena is justified in striking back. Especially if he hit only once, and it doesn't seem like many blows are traded.

Cena did say he said "You don’t have to honk at me like that. One of these days you’re gonna get your ass kicked.” Is that a threat? Eh. Hard to say. Could be.

Problem is, the law has the standard of evidence beyond reasonable doubt. There's no convincing evidence that Cena *struck* first. So I don't think you can convict.

(Full disclosure, as you'll see from my post history, I know Mr. Cena personally. While I'm trying to be unbiased, I'm not foolish enough to think I'm objective. I also was at the trial this morning from 10:10am (start) to when I had to leave at 2:45, when Mr. Cena's attorney had just finished cross examining the detective who led the investigation.)

EDIT: changed "was" to "had just finished".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2014 03:55PM by Kardinal.

Posted by: Best Buy 2 ()
Date: February 24, 2014 07:34PM

I am shocked this bastard is only being charged with a misdemeanor. He should be getting at least 10 years for manslaughter instead he will only get 12 months in jail.

Posted by: uFxmm ()
Date: February 24, 2014 07:40PM

At the time of the incident in April, Cena was employed as the director of religious education at St. Leo the Great Catholic Church in Fairfax. Since then, Patch is told he is no longer employed there.

--------------------------------------
well i for one think any white girl who gets get dad slayed by a fucking foreigner deserved $2,500

justice by "bull o va"

---------------------------
remeber it girl. he snuck up on him and dealt a blow to the head.

and as director of the school ? who knows how much money the church is "missing" with him out of the picture

it's a pay school.

Posted by: eEpeK ()
Date: February 24, 2014 07:43PM

"malicious wounding". no. killing. big difference

it's long been the law, applied in va, you hit someone hard enough to cause death it's a murder case , intentional death case if your lucky

wounding my ass. guy is dead you fucking liars.

they are pathological liars.

-------------------
how do you know this spic didn't intend to kill ?

fact is he did

Date: February 25, 2014 07:09AM

Kardinal Wrote:
> Does it really matter? Wrote:
>
> > Sure, but from that video you can tell that
> Cena
> > started the fight. It's very blurry, but you
> can
> > see by the clothes, that he moves across the
> > parking lot and starts the fight with O'Brien.
> > Even the threat of assault from Cena in this
> > parking lot presents a legal problem for Cena,
> > right?
>
> I can't tell. Once they come together, I can't
> tell who hits first. I can tell they...grapple or
> something, but not who hits first.
>
> Cena definitely starts the
> engagement/encounter/confrontation/whatever you
> call it. If Cena *said* something that was a
> threat, that's assault, but even in the case of
> assault, that doesn't justify, under law, O'Brien
> instigating a physical confrontation. And if he
> does, Cena is justified in striking back.
> Especially if he hit only once, and it doesn't
> seem like many blows are traded.
>
> Cena did say he said "You don’t have to honk at
> me like that. One of these days you’re gonna get
> your ass kicked.” Is that a threat? Eh. Hard
> to say. Could be.
>
> Problem is, the law has the standard of evidence
> beyond reasonable doubt. There's no convincing
> evidence that Cena *struck* first. So I don't
> think you can convict.
>
> (Full disclosure, as you'll see from my post
> history, I know Mr. Cena personally. While I'm
> trying to be unbiased, I'm not foolish enough to
> think I'm objective. I also was at the trial this
> morning from 10:10am (start) to when I had to
> leave at 2:45, when Mr. Cena's attorney had just
> finished cross examining the detective who led the
> investigation.)
>
> EDIT: changed "was" to "had just finished".

Yep, those are all good points.

Date: February 25, 2014 11:19AM

Best Buy 2 Wrote:
> I am shocked this bastard is only being charged
> with a misdemeanor. He should be getting at least
> 10 years for manslaughter instead he will only get
> 12 months in jail.

Based on what I saw yesterday, he won't get any jail. The prosecution wasn't doing very well proving that Cena struck first.

Date: February 25, 2014 11:21AM

uFxmm Wrote:
> remeber it girl. he snuck up on him and dealt a
> blow to the head.

Except he didn't. Watch the video.

> and as director of the school ? who knows how much
> money the church is "missing" with him out of the
> picture
>
> it's a pay school.

He didn't run the school. He ran the CCD program, which is basically Sunday School for Catholics. Doesn't make much money, it's like $100/year. The school is totally separate.

eEpeK Wrote:
> it's long been the law, applied in va, you hit
> someone hard enough to cause death it's a murder
> case , intentional death case if your lucky

No, that's not the law. And if the other guy hit you first, it's a totally different situation.

> how do you know this [guy] didn't intend to kill ?
>
> fact is he did

How do you know he intended to kill? You have to prove he intended to kill, he doesn't have to prove jack.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2014 11:22AM by Kardinal.

Posted by: Two Cents ()
Date: February 25, 2014 12:27PM

Kardinal Wrote:
> Best Buy 2 Wrote:
> -----
> > I am shocked this bastard is only being charged
> > with a misdemeanor. He should be getting at
> least
> > 10 years for manslaughter instead he will only
> get
> > 12 months in jail.
>
> Based on what I saw yesterday, he won't get any
> jail. The prosecution wasn't doing very well
> proving that Cena struck first.

I'm curious to know what the VA state code is on this type of crime. Cena left his vehicle to confront the other driver. That resulted in a brief fight, where the other driver ended up dead. So why isn't this manslaughter or some related charge? I'm sure alot of people who kill other people in cars didn't have the intent to kill anyone, yet they are charged for manslaughter, right?

Date: February 25, 2014 01:17PM

Two Cents Wrote:
> Kardinal Wrote:
> -----
> > Best Buy 2 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I am shocked this bastard is only being
> charged
> > > with a misdemeanor. He should be getting at
> > least
> > > 10 years for manslaughter instead he will
> only
> > get
> > > 12 months in jail.
> >
> > Based on what I saw yesterday, he won't get any
> > jail. The prosecution wasn't doing very well
> > proving that Cena struck first.
>
> I'm curious to know what the VA state code is on
> this type of crime. Cena left his vehicle to
> confront the other driver. That resulted in a
> brief fight, where the other driver ended up dead.
> So why isn't this manslaughter or some related
> charge? I'm sure alot of people who kill other
> people in cars didn't have the intent to kill
> anyone, yet they are charged for manslaughter,
> right?

You have to have reasonable expectation that your reckless behavior could cause another's death. Confronting a person, even angrily, even yelling at them, cannot be said to reasonably result in someone else's death such that there is a reasonable expectation of that outcome from the action.

If Cena hit him first, and it resulted in O'Brien's death (which the strike plus the medication seems to have), then it sounds like manslaughter to me. Incidentally, manslaughter I believe is a lower crime than what Cena was originally charged with. But how do you prove Cena hit him first? I suspect that is why they reduced the charge. That tape is nowhere near conclusive.

Posted by: Two Cents ()
Date: February 25, 2014 03:53PM

Kardinal Wrote:
> Two Cents Wrote:
> -----
> > Kardinal Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Best Buy 2 Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > I am shocked this bastard is only being
> > charged
> > > > with a misdemeanor. He should be getting at
> > > least
> > > > 10 years for manslaughter instead he will
> > only
> > > get
> > > > 12 months in jail.
> > >
> > > Based on what I saw yesterday, he won't get
> any
> > > jail. The prosecution wasn't doing very well
> > > proving that Cena struck first.
> >
> > I'm curious to know what the VA state code is
> on
> > this type of crime. Cena left his vehicle to
> > confront the other driver. That resulted in a
> > brief fight, where the other driver ended up
> dead.
> > So why isn't this manslaughter or some related
> > charge? I'm sure alot of people who kill other
> > people in cars didn't have the intent to kill
> > anyone, yet they are charged for manslaughter,
> > right?
>
> You have to have reasonable expectation that your
> reckless behavior could cause another's death.
> Confronting a person, even angrily, even yelling
> at them, cannot be said to reasonably result in
> someone else's death such that there is a
> reasonable expectation of that outcome from the
> action.
>
> If Cena hit him first, and it resulted in
> O'Brien's death (which the strike plus the
> medication seems to have), then it sounds like
> manslaughter to me. Incidentally, manslaughter I
> believe is a lower crime than what Cena was
> originally charged with. But how do you prove
> Cena hit him first? I suspect that is why they
> reduced the charge. That tape is nowhere near
> conclusive.

I can't imagine that this is the only security tape footage they have. Normally a parking lot has at least (3). Seeing how this criminal case isn't going to go very far, what about a civil case? Couldn't the victim's spouse sue Cena for damages? After all Cena did admit to hitting the victim, and it resulted in his death.

Date: February 25, 2014 04:01PM

Two Cents Wrote:
>
> I can't imagine that this is the only security
> tape footage they have. Normally a parking lot has
> at least (3). Seeing how this criminal case isn't
> going to go very far, what about a civil case?

If they had more, they didn't show it in the trial yesterday, and I can't imagine they would not have if they did. So I think this is the only footage.

> Couldn't the victim's spouse sue Cena for damages?
> After all Cena did admit to hitting the victim,
> and it resulted in his death.

I expect that's almost certainly coming. The standard of evidence in civil cases is far less. In fact, it came out in court yesterday (and was objected to by the prosecution as irrelevant, and sustained) that Detective Boone (lead investigator on the case) discussed a civil lawsuit with the victim's wife. I got the impression he encouraged it, but the prosecutor objected before the defense counsel could get far with it.

Posted by: KnowIt ()
Date: February 26, 2014 12:06PM

Time to set the record straight.
Lee Cena was driving to a Credit Union on 236. As he waited, first in line at a traffic the first of 4 traffic lights, Mr. O'Brien began honking his horn as soon as the light turned green. At first Cena assumed that the man behind him who continued to honk incessantly was a good citizen and was alerting him to a car issue. After checking his mirrors and determining that his car was fine he continued on at the speed limit, not able to switch lanes to move out of a very agitated motorist's way. At the next light, Cena was, again first in line. This time as the honking began and continued well beyond both parties moving through the intersection, Cena checked his review only to see the 63 year old, O'Brien flailing both hands and shouting, looking forward as he did. At the next light, the bad motorist behavior, on the part of O'Brien continued along with the incessant honking. He was South bound on Pickett and turned on his signal to turn into the strip mall that contains the Best Buy, much to the relief of Cena. However, O'Brien did not turn into the parking lot, instead he continued past the first entrance, second entrance, turned on 236 continuing to honk and flail his arms, continued past a third entrance well away from the Best Buy (the second entrance,from Pickett, is the closest) and continued to the forth entrance honking and thrashing and shouting all the way. He finally turned to go to his destination, after going out of his way to harass Cena. Cena, from his training, was taught to tell a person that they were doing the wrong thing. Cena parked, caught up to O'Brien, and said something to the effect that O'Brien should not be honking at a fellow motorist and that if he continued that type of behavior, someone else may not be quite so patient. O'Brien said,"Let's go right now." At which time he kicked Cena in the knee, leaving evidentiary evidence of his imitation of assault on Cena. Cena returned with a defensive punch that was not evident to any emergency or medical personnel two hours later when O'Brien called 911 with a headache. Cena began to back up to remove himself, however, O'Brien lurched forward with a close fisted punch to the nose and mouth. At this point a gentleman intervened and O'Brien retreated to the Best Buy. Cena met his good Samaritan and thanked him for intervening. Cena went on with the remainder of his day and O'Brien did as well. O'Brien continued his bad behavior in the Best Buy at the checkout where he slammed his purchase on the counter, startling the cashier and alerting an off duty DC transit authority Chief to check on the cashier's well being and watch as O'Brien left the store. O'Brien was at home shortly thereafter and 2 hours after he initiated a 40 second scuffle, he called 911. He was at home alone with his dog when he called. When EMTs arrived they found O'Brien semiconscious on the dining room floor. When given a list of medications, doctors discovered that O'Brien was taking a new to the market blood thinner, Pradaxa. Pradaxa has great benefits as for overweight, unhealthy individuals who are at risk of stroke. Unfortunately, Pradaxa does not have a medication available to hospital personnel to reverse symptoms as with the other commonly prescribed blood thinners or antiquates. O'Brien was transported to the hospital where he underwent 2 surgeries to relieve the presence of a blood pool in his brain. He was later placed on life support and was removed from life support 10 days after the incident occurred.
Several questions beg asking:
Did O'Brien have an illness, injury or condition that agitated him so much that he would have to initiate road rage directed toward Cena?
Why did O'Brien continue past his destination to continue to harass a fellow driver?
Why didn't O'Brien contact the police immediately, at Best Buy or ask for assistance in a store where they have protocol for just such situations?
Did O'Brien realize that he was the aggressive assaulter to Mr. Cena so he did not call the police?
There were not any bruises or lacerations on O'Brien's head, however, there were bruises present on his abdomen. Why and how did he die?
After he called 911, he fell and was only semiconscious with EMT responder's questions. Did O'Brien fall and hit his abdomen and head on dining room chairs, table, hutch or other piece of furniture or on his hardwood floor?

Posted by: Fairfax Driver ()
Date: February 26, 2014 12:21PM

It would be interesting to hear Mr. O'Brien's version of events. But of course we can't because Lee Cena killed him.

Of course Mr. Cena is going to come up with a story like this because it can't be verified and it portrays him as a holy-Sunday-School-teacher kind of person.

All that we know is that there was some kind of traffic altercation, and I assume there was no actual accident involved. The video shows Cena following Mr. O'Brien into the parking lot and running up to him. Sure doesn't look like he was kindly telling Mr. O'Brien he was "doing the wrong thing." Like was said on WTOP this morning, it clearly looks like he was picking a fight.

After looking at the video and reading the articles, I side with the Mr. O'Brien. I hope Lee Cena and other road ragers like him suffer a long time for what they do.

Posted by: Choir Boys'r'Us ()
Date: February 26, 2014 12:31PM

Another reason to jus' love the boy raping church of what's happening now...

Posted by: Reader's Digest version ()
Date: February 26, 2014 12:41PM

KnowIt Wrote:
> Time to set the record straight.
> Lee Cena was driving to a Credit Union on 236. As
> he waited, first in line at a traffic the first of
> 4 traffic lights, Mr. O'Brien began honking his
> horn as soon as the light turned green. At first
> Cena assumed that the man behind him who continued
> to honk incessantly was a good citizen and was
> alerting him to a car issue. After checking his
> mirrors and determining that his car was fine he
> continued on at the speed limit, not able to
> switch lanes to move out of a very agitated
> motorist's way. At the next light, Cena was, again
> first in line. This time as the honking began and
> continued well beyond both parties moving through
> the intersection, Cena checked his review only to
> see the 63 year old, O'Brien flailing both hands
> and shouting, looking forward as he did. At the
> next light, the bad motorist behavior, on the part
> of O'Brien continued along with the incessant
> honking. He was South bound on Pickett and turned
> on his signal to turn into the strip mall that
> contains the Best Buy, much to the relief of Cena.
> However, O'Brien did not turn into the parking
> lot, instead he continued past the first entrance,
> second entrance, turned on 236 continuing to honk
> and flail his arms, continued past a third
> entrance well away from the Best Buy (the second
> entrance,from Pickett, is the closest) and
> continued to the forth entrance honking and
> thrashing and shouting all the way. He finally
> turned to go to his destination, after going out
> of his way to harass Cena. Cena, from his
> training, was taught to tell a person that they
> were doing the wrong thing. Cena parked, caught up
> to O'Brien, and said something to the effect that
> O'Brien should not be honking at a fellow motorist
> and that if he continued that type of behavior,
> someone else may not be quite so patient. O'Brien
> said,"Let's go right now." At which time he kicked
> Cena in the knee, leaving evidentiary evidence of
> his imitation of assault on Cena. Cena returned
> with a defensive punch that was not evident to any
> emergency or medical personnel two hours later
> when O'Brien called 911 with a headache. Cena
> began to back up to remove himself, however,
> O'Brien lurched forward with a close fisted punch
> to the nose and mouth. At this point a gentleman
> intervened and O'Brien retreated to the Best Buy.
> Cena met his good Samaritan and thanked him for
> intervening. Cena went on with the remainder of
> his day and O'Brien did as well. O'Brien continued
> his bad behavior in the Best Buy at the checkout
> where he slammed his purchase on the counter,
> startling the cashier and alerting an off duty DC
> transit authority Chief to check on the cashier's
> well being and watch as O'Brien left the store.
> O'Brien was at home shortly thereafter and 2 hours
> after he initiated a 40 second scuffle, he called
> 911. He was at home alone with his dog when he
> called. When EMTs arrived they found O'Brien
> semiconscious on the dining room floor. When given
> a list of medications, doctors discovered that
> O'Brien was taking a new to the market blood
> thinner, Pradaxa. Pradaxa has great benefits as
> for overweight, unhealthy individuals who are at
> risk of stroke. Unfortunately, Pradaxa does not
> have a medication available to hospital personnel
> to reverse symptoms as with the other commonly
> prescribed blood thinners or antiquates. O'Brien
> was transported to the hospital where he underwent
> 2 surgeries to relieve the presence of a blood
> pool in his brain. He was later placed on life
> support and was removed from life support 10 days
> after the incident occurred.
> Several questions beg asking:
> Did O'Brien have an illness, injury or condition
> that agitated him so much that he would have to
> initiate road rage directed toward Cena?
> Why did O'Brien continue past his destination to
> continue to harass a fellow driver?
> Why didn't O'Brien contact the police immediately,
> at Best Buy or ask for assistance in a store where
> they have protocol for just such situations?
> Did O'Brien realize that he was the aggressive
> assaulter to Mr. Cena so he did not call the
> police?
> There were not any bruises or lacerations on
> O'Brien's head, however, there were bruises
> present on his abdomen. Why and how did he die?
> After he called 911, he fell and was only
> semiconscious with EMT responder's questions. Did
> O'Brien fall and hit his abdomen and head on
> dining room chairs, table, hutch or other piece of
> furniture or on his hardwood floor?

Correction, Mr. Cena punched the guy and he ended up dead. Guilty!

Date: February 26, 2014 01:31PM

Do not feel as if you are required to correct me.
I am sorry for your loss. Time to turn dear Mr. O'Brien's death into something honest, relevant and appropriate. Walk away from Mr. Cena knowing that your beloved Mr. O'Brien made some bad decisions last Spring leading to his own death. Do not follow his violent example but do go after a drug company that ties the hands of medical personnel by selling a drug that does not have an antitoxin that could have saved your Mr. O'Brien after he put himself in a position to need one.

Posted by: PARTY TIME ()
Date: February 26, 2014 01:34PM

KnowIt Wrote:
> Do not feel as if you are required to correct me.
> I am sorry for your loss. Time to turn dear Mr.
> O'Brien's death into something honest, relevant
> and appropriate. Walk away from Mr. Cena knowing
> that your beloved Mr. O'Brien made some bad
> decisions last Spring leading to his own death. Do
> not follow his violent example but do go after a
> drug company that ties the hands of medical
> personnel by selling a drug that does not have an
> antitoxin that could have saved your Mr. O'Brien
> after he put himself in a position to need one.

You're right. It's time to PARTAY!!!

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/1462975.html
Attachments:
living dead.png

Posted by: Pope Shameful XIX ()
Date: February 26, 2014 01:53PM

How long until Lee Cena gets re-hired by St. Leo's church to work with little kids again and to teach them all about morality?

What a scumbag.

Date: February 26, 2014 01:57PM

Pope Shameful XIX Wrote:
> How long until Lee Cena gets re-hired by St. Leo's
> church to work with little kids again and to teach
> them all about morality?
St Leo has a new DRE, and there's no reason to believe that the new DRE will be replaced by Mr. Cena.

> What a scumbag.
No, he's not. He's a man who made a terrible mistake. We've all made them. And he is paying the price for that mistake, in many ways, as is appropriate. That doesn't make him a "scumbag". It makes him human. That's not an excuse. Let's just not forget he's a human being, OK?

Posted by: wEhGJ ()
Date: February 26, 2014 02:04PM

Kardinal Wrote:
> Pope Shameful XIX Wrote:
> -----
> > How long until Lee Cena gets re-hired by St.
> Leo's
> > church to work with little kids again and to
> teach
> > them all about morality?
> St Leo has a new DRE, and there's no reason to
> believe that the new DRE will be replaced by Mr.
> Cena.
>
> > What a scumbag.
> No, he's not. He's a man who made a terrible
> mistake. We've all made them. And he is paying
> the price for that mistake, in many ways, as is
> appropriate. That doesn't make him a "scumbag".
> It makes him human. That's not an excuse. Let's
> just not forget he's a human being, OK?

Now, he's a scumbag.

Date: February 26, 2014 02:07PM

wEhGJ Wrote:
> Now, he's a scumbag.

OH! Well, in that case, I totally change my view!

Posted by: wEhGJ ()
Date: February 26, 2014 02:10PM

Kardinal Wrote:
> wEhGJ Wrote:
> -----
> > Now, he's a scumbag.
>
> OH! Well, in that case, I totally change my view!

Come to the party tonight and he can sign your chest...My be a good photo op. Can you say "SELFIES"!

Date: February 26, 2014 02:13PM

Equal culpability. Neither man stopped to think of the consequences of his actions. I'm sure that the ultimate Judge sentenced Mr. O'Brien to something that he won't like either.
As for the haters, pick up a rock look in the mirror and think about You.

Posted by: WTF!?! ()
Date: February 26, 2014 03:54PM

KnowIt Wrote:
> Equal culpability. Neither man stopped to think of
> the consequences of his actions. I'm sure that the
> ultimate Judge sentenced Mr. O'Brien to something
> that he won't like either.
> As for the haters, pick up a rock look in the
> mirror and think about You.

How is it equal? Cena caused the traffic problems and then runs over to start a fight. Why doesn't the law do something about these locusts?

Date: February 26, 2014 03:59PM

Educate yourself before you post again. Reread my 12:41 post today. No one ran at anyone. Watch the video too. As for locusts, the reference does not fit here.

Posted by: btpEv ()
Date: February 26, 2014 04:04PM

KnowIt Wrote:
> Educate yourself before you post again. Reread my
> 12:41 post today. No one ran at anyone. Watch the
> video too. As for locusts, the reference does not
> fit here.

Cena went over to him. Cena is also Spanish. Both comments apply you blind libtard.

Date: February 26, 2014 04:07PM

WTF!?! Wrote:
> KnowIt Wrote:
> -----
> > Equal culpability. Neither man stopped to think
> of
> > the consequences of his actions. I'm sure that
> the
> > ultimate Judge sentenced Mr. O'Brien to
> something
> > that he won't like either.
> > As for the haters, pick up a rock look in the
> > mirror and think about You.
>
> How is it equal? Cena caused the traffic problems
> and then runs over to start a fight. Why doesn't
> the law do something about these locusts?

It's quite unclear who caused the traffic problems. Was Mr. Cena blocking traffic or was Mr. O'Brien impatient? We don't know. No evidence.

We don't know if Mr. Cena's intention was to start a fight. All we know (from Mr. Cena's statement only) is that he intended to give Mr. O'Brien a piece of his mind.

Honestly, (and again, I try to be unbiased but I know I'm not objective) it *seems* like people are drawing their conclusions because Mr. O'Brien died. It's a tragedy that Mr. O'Brien died. It's terrible. But the fact that he died doesn't, by itself, mean Mr. Cena did wrong or illegal. We have to look at the evidence. And the evidence doesn't stand up that Mr. Cena started the fight or was looking for a fight.

I honestly am not sure I could have convicted Mr. Cena of assault because I don't see "evidence beyond reasonable doubt" that he threatened Mr. O'Brien or that a reasonable person would have felt threatened, which is what assault is. Remember, I was there for almost all of the prosecution's case. But that may just be my bias.

Date: February 26, 2014 04:09PM

btpEv Wrote:
> KnowIt Wrote:
> -----
> > Educate yourself before you post again. Reread
> my
> > 12:41 post today. No one ran at anyone. Watch
> the
> > video too. As for locusts, the reference does
> not
> > fit here.
>
> Cena went over to him. Cena is also Spanish. Both
> comments apply you blind libtard.

You may notice that "went over to" is not the same as "ran at". As for Mr. Cena's heritage, is that somehow relevant? I think he was born here. He certainly doesn't speak with an accent, which means he's been here for a very long time, almost his whole life.

Posted by: 10001001010101010 ()
Date: February 26, 2014 04:16PM

Kardinal Wrote:
> btpEv Wrote:
> -----
> > KnowIt Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Educate yourself before you post again.
> Reread
> > my
> > > 12:41 post today. No one ran at anyone. Watch
> > the
> > > video too. As for locusts, the reference does
> > not
> > > fit here.
> >
> > Cena went over to him. Cena is also Spanish.
> Both
> > comments apply you blind libtard.
>
> You may notice that "went over to" is not the same
> as "ran at". As for Mr. Cena's heritage, is that
> somehow relevant? I think he was born here. He
> certainly doesn't speak with an accent, which
> means he's been here for a very long time, almost
> his whole life.

I believe that someone needs to run over Mr. Cena with a steamroller before I feel justice will truly be done. It seems like he got off with a slap on the wrist.

Date: February 26, 2014 04:16PM

10001001010101010 Wrote:
>
> I believe that someone needs to run over Mr. Cena
> with a steamroller before I feel justice will
> truly be done. It seems like he got off with a
> slap on the wrist.

And on what do you base this?

Posted by: nULVD ()
Date: February 26, 2014 04:25PM

Kardinal Wrote:
> 10001001010101010 Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > I believe that someone needs to run over Mr.
> Cena
> > with a steamroller before I feel justice will
> > truly be done. It seems like he got off with a
> > slap on the wrist.
>
> And on what do you base this?

I recalled seeing a news story on it, where he admitted to finding/confronting the other driver in the parking lot. During the trial, this didn't seem to be the case or wasn't presented that way. I got the impression that he was deceptive and argumentive last year when this happened.

Posted by: Taz ()
Date: March 30, 2014 11:45PM

eEpeK Wrote:
> "malicious wounding". no. killing. big
> difference
>
> it's long been the law, applied in va, you hit
> someone hard enough to cause death it's a murder
> case , intentional death case if your lucky
>
> wounding my ass. guy is dead you fucking liars.
>
> they are pathological liars.
>
> -------------------
> how do you know this spic didn't intend to kill ?
>
> fact is he did

Yeah like you talked to him before and he told you he was gonna kill someone. Don't you guys have anything better to do.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.