HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Earth Hour: Millions switch off lights around the globe ... Fairfax County resident to participate
Posted by: earth hour ()
Date: March 30, 2014 03:20PM

Earth Hour: Millions switch off lights around the globe

Millions of people from at least 150 countries all over the world switched off non-essential lights for one hour - from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. local time - to celebrate a symbolic holiday, known as Earth Hour, which is held on the last Saturday of March. Having started in Sydney, Australia in 2007 on the initiative of the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), now it engages more than 7,000 cities and towns worldwide. Watch as world landmarks turn off the lights for Earth Hour 2014 in Seoul, Tokyo, Sydney, Hong Kong, Karachi, Moscow, Athens, Paris, the Vatican and London.

-Published time: March 30, 2014 18:19
http://rt.com/in-motion/earth-hour-lights-off-217/

~~~~~~~~

I will be joining in this. how many other farifax county resident join in with me?
Attachments:
1.JPG

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Earth Hour: Millions switch off lights around the globe ... Fairfax County resident to participate
Posted by: jhTXt ()
Date: March 30, 2014 03:36PM

What's the point? Why not celebrate each day like its Earth day...Throw away trash, plant a tree, or hell why not water your lawn?

Re: Earth Hour: Millions switch off lights around the globe ... Fairfax County resident to participate
Posted by: RangerRikki ()
Date: March 30, 2014 03:38PM

I ran around and turned on every bloody light I could put my hands on. I was celebrating Energy Sector Employees Day.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2014 03:38PM by RangerRikki.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.