HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
VDOT urges Northern Virginia drivers to stay off the roads
Posted by: VDOT says stay off the roads ()
Date: March 03, 2014 09:37AM

VDOT urges Northern Virginia drivers to stay off the roads
http://www.insidenova.com/news/local/northernva/vdot-urges-northern-virginia-drivers-to-stay-off-the-roads/article_ca79c414-a260-11e3-b060-0019bb2963f4.html

The Virginia Department of Transportation is gearing up for Monday’s storm, which is expected to bring sleet, heavy snow and frigid temperatures to Northern Virginia.

By midnight, 4,000 trucks will be staged along interstates, major roads and neighborhood streets in Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William and Arlington counties, VDOT said in a Sunday evening news release.

VDOT says “drivers are strongly advised to stay home during the storm,” the release said.
•Related story: Snow emergencies, winter storm warning in effect

Crews will plow and treat interstates, major roads and neighborhoods concurrently during the snowstorm. You can find out when a plow will reach your street at www.vdotplows.org.

Transportation officials are asking people to park in their driveways or on the odd-numbered side of the street to allow plows room to pass.

“When shoveling, leave the last few feet at the curb until the street is plowed, as the truck will push some snow back. Shovel to the right facing the road,” the news release said.

Neighborhood streets will not be treated with chemicals, but crews will sand hills, curves and intersections to provide traction.

“For most storms, one snowplow pass, about eight to 10 feet wide, is made,” VDOT said.

For more information on road conditions, follow va511.org. To report problems, call 800-FOR-ROAD.
Attachments:
50f7549a84841_image.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VDOT urges Northern Virginia drivers to stay off the roads
Posted by: NOVA middle aged man ()
Date: March 03, 2014 09:45AM

I am warming up my $54,000 SUV right now and I am going to go out and buy a bunch of stuff that I don't really need. I am going to drive like the total asshole that I am and will stop at the middle school down the street to do an assload of donuts in the parking lot!
I pay taxes and I pay for insurance so I deserve the chance to roll my truck or crash it into a light pole THIS IS AMERICA!!!!!

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: March 03, 2014 10:09AM

I've been sitting in my predetermined ditch as of yesterday. Non of you are getting this spot.

Posted by: Hmmmmm ()
Date: March 03, 2014 02:13PM

NOVA middle aged man Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am warming up my $54,000 SUV right now and I am
> going to go out and buy a bunch of stuff that I
> don't really need. I am going to drive like the
> total asshole that I am and will stop at the
> middle school down the street to do an assload of
> donuts in the parking lot!
> I pay taxes and I pay for insurance so I deserve
> the chance to roll my truck or crash it into a
> light pole THIS IS AMERICA!!!!!

And, if it's not in the Bill of Rights it should be! By cracky. After all universal health care isn't in the Bill of Rights but it has become a right of every American!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.