HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Original Tysons landowners feel pressure to sell
Posted by: Sprawl and Crawl ()
Date: June 11, 2013 07:10AM

Original Tysons landowners feel pressure to sell
Developer needs property for proffered park near new rail station
http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20130606/NEWS/130609606/1076/herndon-plane-crash-only-one-of-three-that-day/Original-Tysons-landowners-feel-pressure-to-sell&template=fairfaxTimes

During the 2011 public hearings about the first massive redevelopment project approved in Tysons Corner, Spring Hill Station, there was a bit of debate about expanding Raglan Road Park to add playing fields.

Missing from that debate was the fact that the planned site of those new fields is currently someone’s home.

Fast forward to 2013, and Myra Ashley finds herself in the middle of a confusing land deal, under pressure to sell the property where she has lived her entire life.

“My parents bought that property in 1941 when it was nothing but a dirt road,” Ashley said.

When she came home from the hospital, it was to the home she still lives in today.

In order to gain zoning approval for Spring Hill Station, developer The Georgelas Group, like every other developer, agreed to provide a number of public benefits to the county through proffers. These can include anything from architectural features to the new fire station Georgelas will build for the county.

One of the proffers requires Georgelas Group to purchase 2.8 acres around the existing Raglan Road Park to make room for a sports field that the new Spring Hill Station residents can use.

If Georgelas is not successful in negotiating with the landowners, the proffer states, the county can use eminent domain proceedings to take the land, and the developer would have to cover the costs. Or, if the county opts not to use eminent domain, Georgelas would set aside money for a future park elsewhere.

Although she loves her home and says it would be difficult for her to keep her two jobs if she had to move, Ashley said she is willing to sell.

So is her cousin, Dave Wallace, who owns a neighboring parcel that may also be needed for the park.

However, Ashley said, she hasn’t been offered a fair price for her land.

“I don’t want the world, I just want what’s fair,” she said.

The cousins’ properties lie within a quarter mile of a new Silver Line Station, at the edge of a nationally known business center that is on the verge of a major transformation.

“I can’t have a better location,” Wallace said. “Everybody in the world knows where Tysons Corner is.”

In the housing boom in the early 2000s, they dealt with a string of homebuilders making generous offers on their properties and then backing out when they ran into zoning challenges with the county.

The initial offers The Georgelas Group made on Ashley’s home were based on the assessed value of her home, she said, which is about $460,000 according to county land records. Wallace has not yet been approached to purchase his property.

Ashley put her home on the market and found a buyer willing to pay $200,000 more than the assessed value.

She claims that county staff verbally agreed to match the $660,000 offer and allow her to live there for two more years, which would put her closer to retirement age and ease her stress about finding a new job. She stopped the sale.

The Fairfax County Park Authority declined to comment about its involvement due to the ongoing negotiations.

When that promise turned into an offer in writing from The Georgelas Group, however, it came with a long list of deductions from the price that reduced it by more than $100,000, including charging her $2,000 per month in rent.

“There is no way I am going to pay you $2,000 to live in my own home,” Ashley said.

A Georgelas Group representative could not be reached for comment prior to the print deadline.

Ashley and Wallace say the process has been confusing, and that they’re still not sure who they are negotiating with — Georgelas or the county.

Based on the family’s history with the property and the location of the land, Wallace said he feels like he is in a position where he can only sell his land to the county, and that is artificially holding down the value.

“Everybody is making money off of this except for us,” he said. “What it looks like is that the county is trying to take advantage of us.”

Ashley said she doesn’t know what she’s going to do; whether she should take the latest offer from Georgelas or risk landing in court, navigating eminent domain proceedings.

“I do realize that I will have to leave,” she said. “It’s going to be different.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Original Tysons landowners feel pressure to sell
Posted by: #1 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 07:56AM

Tragic and UnAmerican. If I'm a land owner, I shouldn't have to worry about the government coming and taking my land.

Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: June 11, 2013 08:34AM

Hmmm...didnt Virginia recently pass something that disallowed eminent domain when the property is simply turned over to a commercial establishment?

Or did that fail?

Posted by: N9VtF ()
Date: June 11, 2013 08:38AM

#1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Tragic and UnAmerican. If I'm a land owner, I
> shouldn't have to worry about the government
> coming and taking my land.

Especially to build a sports field. It looks like the county is using its power to cheat this family, plain and simple.

Posted by: #1 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 08:43AM

Sprawl and Crawl Wrote:
> During the 2011 public hearings about the first
> massive redevelopment project approved in Tysons
> Corner, Spring Hill Station, there was a bit of
> debate about expanding Raglan Road Park to add
> playing fields.
>
> Missing from that debate was the fact that the
> planned site of those new fields is currently
> someone’s home.

They didn't even invite the property owners?

Posted by: Jess1 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 09:08AM

What a load of....

The road is approx 1/2 mile from the SL station, and she was offered nearly 3/4 million $$$ for a tiny lot (note the article mentions the total to be built on, 2+ acres, but neglects to mention how much she actually owns) and a "live out" agreement.

The reality is more likely that her "cousin" wants to combine the properties and try to sell the entire block. More power to him, but do come whining if it doesn't go thru.

and Jess shoots and SCORES!!!!!!
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 11, 2013 10:22AM

Jess1 Wrote:
> What a load of....
>
> The road is approx 1/2 mile from the SL station,
> and she was offered nearly 3/4 million $$$ for a
> tiny lot (note the article mentions the total to
> be built on, 2+ acres, but neglects to mention how
> much she actually owns) and a "live out"
> agreement.
>
> The reality is more likely that her "cousin" wants
> to combine the properties and try to sell the
> entire block. More power to him, but do come
> whining if it doesn't go thru.

+1

Posted by: eminent domain ()
Date: June 11, 2013 12:04PM

I am not sure the county would use eminent domain for a ball field. If they did its likely she would get fair market value plus reasonable costs. She should call ACLU and see if she can get some free defense they live for this stuff. My guess is eminent domain for a proffered ball field will not fly with the courts. That is my hope any way

Posted by: QQ ()
Date: June 11, 2013 12:08PM

gov't says give us your property plebs and shut the fuck up about it

Posted by: adsfadsfsdf ()
Date: June 11, 2013 12:13PM

Jess1 Wrote:
> What a load of....
>
> The road is approx 1/2 mile from the SL station,
> and she was offered nearly 3/4 million $$$ for a
> tiny lot (note the article mentions the total to
> be built on, 2+ acres, but neglects to mention how
> much she actually owns) and a "live out"
> agreement.
>
> The reality is more likely that her "cousin" wants
> to combine the properties and try to sell the
> entire block. More power to him, but do come
> whining if it doesn't go thru.

Is that really the point? What about this..."I don't want to sell" end of story. The county had a meeting to discuss the use of the property and didn't invite the homeowners. That's an example of Elitest snobbness if you ask me.

Date: June 11, 2013 12:29PM

"The county had a meeting to discuss the use of the property and didn't invite the homeowners"

Proof? That's not in the article, BTW...

Posted by: matt 703 ()
Date: June 11, 2013 12:37PM

It's sickening that the government has the "right" to do this. Same thing happened to my grandparents back in the 50's. They owned about 50 acres off Braddock Road....Until the state decided that was the best place for the Northern Virginia Training Center, used eminent domain and forced a buyout at below market price. My grandparents had no choice. That property would be worth millions today.

Posted by: Olde Farte, II ()
Date: June 11, 2013 01:08PM

matt 703 Wrote:
> It's sickening that the government has the "right"
> to do this.

After posting my first reply way up there, I looked up the law - it was indeed changed and DISALLOWS taking land to give to a private entity. Not being a lawyer, I do not know what exceptions someone can come up with to this, but the law pretty much says "public use taking only".

Posted by: Tysons Engineer ()
Date: June 11, 2013 03:01PM

If I could interject. The whole need for this park is phony in the first place. Tysons is going to have 16 major ball fields the way things are going. Why do we need so many of these massive parks? People who live in cities use the city as their recreation. Some small parks are nice every once in a while, but when you start condemning others houses, and squeezing things in where they dont want to fit, thats when the cookie cutter solution has gone too far.

I dont think anyone in the future (Tysons residents in 2035) will care if this park was provided or not. Focus on schools and transportation and stop adding this dumb costs and unarguable elements into the master plan.

-End rant about bad policy making for Tysons-

Posted by: Alexander Smith ()
Date: June 11, 2013 03:04PM

It's very tragic when a government thinks it has the right to take private land which is the property of the citizens. We should not have to worry about our house being forcefully taken from us. This land isn't even being utilized by the government, but instead greedy developers!

Poor lady, having to hold down two jobs and almost able to retire. I hope she is offered a fair deal or says fuck you to the developers.

Date: June 11, 2013 03:37PM

"I hope she is offered a fair deal"

Approx $700,000 for a tiny lot on the other side of the development and the right to occupy until retirement? If that were my land, I would've signed the deed yesterday...

Date: June 11, 2013 04:12PM

@oldfart

This would likely hold up in court if it had to go to eminent domain because the land would actually be purchased for transfer to Fairfax Parks not for the developer. That being the case it wouldnt be a private entity purpose.

@Jess1,

I think the idea of eminent domain for the purpose of a park is idiotic and a battle fairfax shouldnt get into. Park needs shouldnt be decided on a formulaic calculation based on projected population. Some parks get lots of people, some are ghost towns. A park should be built and provided when it makes sense.

I do agree though that this land owner, who has no problem selling the property they are just complaining about the price being offered, is being foolish to turn it down. The one part that is ridiculous is that while they were allowed to live there until retirement, they said that she would have to pay rent, which is absurd.

There are massive swathes of land 2 miles north of this location which could easily be a park. The whole argument reeks of not seeing the forest for the trees.

Posted by: Bob Bruhns ()
Date: June 11, 2013 04:40PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> @oldfart
>
> This would likely hold up in court if it had to go
> to eminent domain because the land would actually
> be purchased for transfer to Fairfax Parks not for
> the developer. That being the case it wouldnt be a
> private entity purpose.
>
> @Jess1,
>
> I think the idea of eminent domain for the purpose
> of a park is idiotic and a battle fairfax shouldnt
> get into. Park needs shouldnt be decided on a
> formulaic calculation based on projected
> population. Some parks get lots of people, some
> are ghost towns. A park should be built and
> provided when it makes sense.
>
> I do agree though that this land owner, who has no
> problem selling the property they are just
> complaining about the price being offered, is
> being foolish to turn it down. The one part that
> is ridiculous is that while they were allowed to
> live there until retirement, they said that she
> would have to pay rent, which is absurd.
>
> There are massive swathes of land 2 miles north of
> this location which could easily be a park. The
> whole argument reeks of not seeing the forest for
> the trees.

And this why I have such a huge problem with you. The county, state, Fed - none of them or anyone else should have the right to take away someone's property. Furthermore, the county is offering a ridiculously low money on the value of the land (plus the future value of the land). Granted, its a small piece of land, and I see why the family would be interested in combining the two properties and sell them at a higher price. That's the American dream after all isn't it?

Date: June 11, 2013 05:12PM

@Bob

You have a problem with me because I have a background in cost estimating and I don't equate a project built in the 90s in Springfield to a project being built in 2014 in cost terms; not to mention all the scope elements that are different between the projects including the additions for safety requirements not mandated by the FTA post red line accident.

The thing you don't realize with all your foaming at the mouth problems with me, is that I agree as you can clearly see if you read my comments.

The use of eminent domain is stupid in this case. The only comment I made to the contrary was to say that the land owner would have their own interest served best to sell, at the true market rate which I agree is higher than what is currently being offered, if they can come to terms about no rent being required till retirement.

I also noted that there are plenty of other locations that this park could go that wouldnt require eminent domain most likely, in the far less dense portions north of Route 7 where they could probably come to more favorable market terms with either a commercial or residential land owner.

But feel free to keep telling me what I believe Bob, and don't forget to keep blathering on about how things used to cost less in the 90s and now they cost more; really ground breaking stuff.

Posted by: To many buildings ()
Date: June 11, 2013 05:25PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> @Bob
>
> You have a problem with me because I have a
> background in cost estimating and I don't equate a
> project built in the 90s in Springfield to a
> project being built in 2014 in cost terms; not to
> mention all the scope elements that are different
> between the projects including the additions for
> safety requirements not mandated by the FTA post
> red line accident.
>
> The thing you don't realize with all your foaming
> at the mouth problems with me, is that I agree as
> you can clearly see if you read my comments.
>
> The use of eminent domain is stupid in this case.
> The only comment I made to the contrary was to say
> that the land owner would have their own interest
> served best to sell, at the true market rate which
> I agree is higher than what is currently being
> offered, if they can come to terms about no rent
> being required till retirement.
>
> I also noted that there are plenty of other
> locations that this park could go that wouldnt
> require eminent domain most likely, in the far
> less dense portions north of Route 7 where they
> could probably come to more favorable market terms
> with either a commercial or residential land
> owner.
>
> But feel free to keep telling me what I believe
> Bob, and don't forget to keep blathering on about
> how things used to cost less in the 90s and now
> they cost more; really ground breaking stuff

There is nothing wrong with Tyson!s Corner that an 7.5 magnitude seismic tremor couldn't alleviate.

Date: June 11, 2013 07:06PM

To many buildings Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > @Bob
> >
> > You have a problem with me because I have a
> > background in cost estimating and I don't equate
> a
> > project built in the 90s in Springfield to a
> > project being built in 2014 in cost terms; not
> to
> > mention all the scope elements that are
> different
> > between the projects including the additions
> for
> > safety requirements not mandated by the FTA
> post
> > red line accident.
> >
> > The thing you don't realize with all your
> foaming
> > at the mouth problems with me, is that I agree
> as
> > you can clearly see if you read my comments.
> >
> > The use of eminent domain is stupid in this
> case.
> > The only comment I made to the contrary was to
> say
> > that the land owner would have their own
> interest
> > served best to sell, at the true market rate
> which
> > I agree is higher than what is currently being
> > offered, if they can come to terms about no
> rent
> > being required till retirement.
> >
> > I also noted that there are plenty of other
> > locations that this park could go that wouldnt
> > require eminent domain most likely, in the far
> > less dense portions north of Route 7 where they
> > could probably come to more favorable market
> terms
> > with either a commercial or residential land
> > owner.
> >
> > But feel free to keep telling me what I believe
> > Bob, and don't forget to keep blathering on
> about
> > how things used to cost less in the 90s and now
> > they cost more; really ground breaking stuff
>
> There is nothing wrong with Tyson!s Corner that an
> 7.5 magnitude seismic tremor couldn't alleviate.

People like you are the problem with Tysons. You dont understand that the more commercial tax revenue the county gets, the less you as a residential use have to pay to create the need revenue.

A single high rise generates millions in tax revenue, the equivalent of thousands of homes.

Beyond this is the fact that Tysons is the reason why Fairfax has the job market is has, the high standard of living it has, and why it consistently attracts major corporations (multiple fortune 500s, a couple of massive private companies like Mars, and hundreds of small businesses that span healthcare to tech start ups)

Grow up, and learn something

Posted by: To much concrete....and people ()
Date: June 11, 2013 07:20PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> To many buildings Wrote:
> -----
> > Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > @Bob
> > >
> > > You have a problem with me because I have a
> > > background in cost estimating and I don't
> equate
> > a
> > > project built in the 90s in Springfield to a
> > > project being built in 2014 in cost terms;
> not
> > to
> > > mention all the scope elements that are
> > different
> > > between the projects including the additions
> > for
> > > safety requirements not mandated by the FTA
> > post
> > > red line accident.
> > >
> > > The thing you don't realize with all your
> > foaming
> > > at the mouth problems with me, is that I
> agree
> > as
> > > you can clearly see if you read my comments.
> > >
> > > The use of eminent domain is stupid in this
> > case.
> > > The only comment I made to the contrary was
> to
> > say
> > > that the land owner would have their own
> > interest
> > > served best to sell, at the true market rate
> > which
> > > I agree is higher than what is currently
> being
> > > offered, if they can come to terms about no
> > rent
> > > being required till retirement.
> > >
> > > I also noted that there are plenty of other
> > > locations that this park could go that
> wouldnt
> > > require eminent domain most likely, in the
> far
> > > less dense portions north of Route 7 where
> they
> > > could probably come to more favorable market
> > terms
> > > with either a commercial or residential land
> > > owner.
> > >
> > > But feel free to keep telling me what I
> believe
> > > Bob, and don't forget to keep blathering on
> > about
> > > how things used to cost less in the 90s and
> now
> > > they cost more; really ground breaking stuff
> >
> > There is nothing wrong with Tyson!s Corner that
> an
> > 7.5 magnitude seismic tremor couldn't
> alleviate.
>
>
> People like you are the problem with Tysons. You
> dont understand that the more commercial tax
> revenue the county gets, the less you as a
> residential use have to pay to create the need
> revenue.
>
> A single high rise generates millions in tax
> revenue, the equivalent of thousands of homes.
>
> Beyond this is the fact that Tysons is the reason
> why Fairfax has the job market is has, the high
> standard of living it has, and why it consistently
> attracts major corporations (multiple fortune
> 500s, a couple of massive private companies like
> Mars, and hundreds of small businesses that span
> healthcare to tech start ups)
>
> Grow up, and learn something

"It'sNatures way of telling you something's wrong"
Greed ain't gonna get you to heavon. But you can always take the escalator down...to where it's warm and toasty.

Date: June 11, 2013 07:52PM

The high standard of living has entirely to do with the federal govt and the massive inflow of tax revenue that successful leeches are able to pilfer and call a career. Sure, Tyson's is also a major beneficiary of said tax dollars but the area itself is a corporate cesspool.

Date: June 12, 2013 06:09AM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> @Bob
>
> You have a problem with me because I have a
> background in cost estimating and I don't equate a
> project built in the 90s in Springfield to a
> project being built in 2014 in cost terms; not to
> mention all the scope elements that are different
> between the projects including the additions for
> safety requirements not mandated by the FTA post
> red line accident.
>
> The thing you don't realize with all your foaming
> at the mouth problems with me, is that I agree as
> you can clearly see if you read my comments.
>
> The use of eminent domain is stupid in this case.
> The only comment I made to the contrary was to say
> that the land owner would have their own interest
> served best to sell, at the true market rate which
> I agree is higher than what is currently being
> offered, if they can come to terms about no rent
> being required till retirement.
>
> I also noted that there are plenty of other
> locations that this park could go that wouldnt
> require eminent domain most likely, in the far
> less dense portions north of Route 7 where they
> could probably come to more favorable market terms
> with either a commercial or residential land
> owner.
>
> But feel free to keep telling me what I believe
> Bob, and don't forget to keep blathering on about
> how things used to cost less in the 90s and now
> they cost more; really ground breaking stuff.

You missed my point entirely. My point was based on your statements, about using the land, etc. without even inviting the land owners to the discussion with the county. In addition, the thought of the county posturing on the side of eminent domain and you're agreeing with them to some extent (not fully we understand). My point is this, government needs to back out. If these owners want to sell that's fine, if they don't then that should be fine too.
Attachments:
bdebad518bb9b0020dbec7200da298.jpg

Tysons Corner residents upset over Spring Hill Station development
Posted by: Tysons Resident ()
Date: June 12, 2013 06:15AM

I've been reading the thread and I think the point needs to be made that THESE PEOPLE ARE BEING PRESSURED TO SEE THEIR LAND.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tysons Corner residents upset over Spring Hill Station development
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/06/tysons-corner-residents-upset-over-spring-hill-station-development-89918.html

A handful of residents in Tysons Corner are up-in-arms because they say developers are pressuring them to move from their homes to make room for playing fields.

Continue reading
The residents are caught up in a move to redevelop Spring Hill Station. The developer for the project, The Georgelas Group, agreed to buy 2.8 acres of land around Raglan Road Park so residents will have a sports field, according to the Fairfax Times.

The county can use eminent domain if The Georgelas Group can’t reach agreements with the residents.

But some residents say they aren’t being offered a fair price for their homes. One woman told the Fairfax Times that the developer offered $100,000 less than she was offered.

The Georgelas Group couldn't be reached for comment.,

Posted by: Lighten up... ()
Date: June 12, 2013 10:01AM

To much concrete....and people Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > To many buildings Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > @Bob
> > > >
> > > > You have a problem with me because I have a
> > > > background in cost estimating and I don't
> > equate
> > > a
> > > > project built in the 90s in Springfield to
> a
> > > > project being built in 2014 in cost terms;
> > not
> > > to
> > > > mention all the scope elements that are
> > > different
> > > > between the projects including the
> additions
> > > for
> > > > safety requirements not mandated by the FTA
> > > post
> > > > red line accident.
> > > >
> > > > The thing you don't realize with all your
> > > foaming
> > > > at the mouth problems with me, is that I
> > agree
> > > as
> > > > you can clearly see if you read my
> comments.
> > > >
> > > > The use of eminent domain is stupid in this
> > > case.
> > > > The only comment I made to the contrary was
> > to
> > > say
> > > > that the land owner would have their own
> > > interest
> > > > served best to sell, at the true market
> rate
> > > which
> > > > I agree is higher than what is currently
> > being
> > > > offered, if they can come to terms about no
> > > rent
> > > > being required till retirement.
> > > >
> > > > I also noted that there are plenty of other
> > > > locations that this park could go that
> > wouldnt
> > > > require eminent domain most likely, in the
> > far
> > > > less dense portions north of Route 7 where
> > they
> > > > could probably come to more favorable
> market
> > > terms
> > > > with either a commercial or residential
> land
> > > > owner.
> > > >
> > > > But feel free to keep telling me what I
> > believe
> > > > Bob, and don't forget to keep blathering on
> > > about
> > > > how things used to cost less in the 90s and
> > now
> > > > they cost more; really ground breaking
> stuff
> > >
> > > There is nothing wrong with Tyson!s Corner
> that
> > an
> > > 7.5 magnitude seismic tremor couldn't
> > alleviate.
> >
> >
> > People like you are the problem with Tysons.
> You
> > dont understand that the more commercial tax
> > revenue the county gets, the less you as a
> > residential use have to pay to create the need
> > revenue.
> >
> > A single high rise generates millions in tax
> > revenue, the equivalent of thousands of homes.
> >
> > Beyond this is the fact that Tysons is the
> reason
> > why Fairfax has the job market is has, the high
> > standard of living it has, and why it
> consistently
> > attracts major corporations (multiple fortune
> > 500s, a couple of massive private companies
> like
> > Mars, and hundreds of small businesses that
> span
> > healthcare to tech start ups)
> >
> > Grow up, and learn something
>
>
> Greed ain't gonna get you to heaven. But you can
> always take the escalator down...to where it's
> warm and toasty.

Somewhere people started equating money with intelligence and Things started spiraling down. Concrete is a very useful tool but like anything else too much is a bad thing.
And concrete is very heavy and again, too much can be a burdon of life.
You sink.
Not a sermon but just a thought.

Date: June 12, 2013 03:00PM

The little brain with the pseudo religious babble, I'm sorry I dont speak jibberish.

As to Bob; where in the hell do you see that I said the government should use eminent domain. You are literally making things up, and you dont even know me. I think the government SHOULDN'T use eminent domain you little octogenarian punk. So instead of, once again, telling me what I think perhaps you should actually read what I am saying.

To the other people on this thread, I'll say it again

The people who own this property, if they were financially smart should, for their own best interest, sell for the market rate (not the rate being offered but the actual rate which is 100k more). Especially if they can negotiate a no rent clause to live until retirement.

If they dont want to sell, then the county should back off on the requirement and instead require Georgelas to pay in the amount of money necessary to otherwise build the rec facility elsewhere in the city and leave the land owner alone.

Jesus H Christ people, acting like I am the big bad boogie man without reading the damn words I am writing. Not shocking the general dregs of this forum lack reading comprehension skills.

Posted by: $$$=0 ()
Date: June 12, 2013 03:39PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> The little brain with the pseudo religious babble,
> I'm sorry I dont speak jibberish.
>
> As to Bob; where in the hell do you see that I
> said the government should use eminent domain. You
> are literally making things up, and you dont even
> know me. I think the government SHOULDN'T use
> eminent domain you little octogenarian punk. So
> instead of, once again, telling me what I think
> perhaps you should actually read what I am
> saying.
>
> To the other people on this thread, I'll say it
> again
>
> The people who own this property, if they were
> financially smart should, for their own
> best interest, sell for the market rate (not the
> rate being offered but the actual rate which is
> 100k more). Especially if they can negotiate a no
> rent clause to live until retirement.
>
>
> If they dont want to sell, then the county
> should back off on the requirement and instead
> require Georgelas to pay in the amount of money
> necessary to otherwise build the rec facility
> elsewhere in the city and leave the land owner
> alone.
>
> Jesus H Christ people, acting like I am the big
> bad boogie man without reading the damn words I am
> writing. Not shocking the general dregs of this
> forum lack reading comprehension skills.

Some men climb mountains. Other visit the moon.
And a few dwell on a overgrown area that they have no stake in.
I'm sorry but Tyson's isn't Rome. Tyson's Corner is a fifty year fuck up and they want another forty to correct. No wonder the has been Corp's are attracted to the area.
The one thing Tyson's has in common with Rome is they both have a history of selling out.
Maybe two. The water tastes like shit.
Don't put your eggs in one basket.

Date: June 12, 2013 03:51PM

Mk there champ. Don't quit your day job because the whole self aggrandizing haiku's aren't working for you. You have no idea what you are talking about. How has Tyson's been a failure?

Does it look like crap right now? yes. Is the traffic bad? yes

Does it have a gross regional product the size of most mid-sized cities in america? Yes. Does it employ a major swath of Fairfax County? yes

So by what metric do you measure this massive failure. And the water tastes like shit? Its the same water that all of Fairfax drinks with the exception of the portion which receives its water from city of Falls Church water. Once again proving you have no idea what you are talking about.

Now back you go to living in your beautiful utopia of Centreville.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 04:09PM by Tysons Engineer.

Posted by: Can't see it from Alexandria ()
Date: June 12, 2013 04:13PM

The engineer seems a bit touchy on Tyson's.
Just keep Tysons in Tyson's.

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Mk their champ. Don't quit your day job because
> the whole self aggrandizing haiku's aren't working
> for you. You have no idea what you are talking
> about. How has Tyson's been a failure?
>
> Does it look like crap right now? yes. Is the
> traffic bad? yes
>
> Does it have a gross regional product the size of
> most mid-sized cities in america? Yes. Does it
> employ a major swath of Fairfax County? yes
>
> So by what metric do you measure this massive
> failure. And the water tastes like shit? Its the
> same water that all of Fairfax drinks with the
> exception of the portion which receives its water
> from city of Falls Church water. Once again
> proving you have no idea what you are talking
> about.
>
> Now back you go to living in your beautiful utopia
> of Centreville.

Date: June 12, 2013 06:52PM

Can't see it from Alexandria Wrote:
> The engineer seems a bit touchy on Tyson's.
> Just keep Tysons in Tyson's.
>
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Mk their champ. Don't quit your day job because
> > the whole self aggrandizing haiku's aren't
> working
> > for you. You have no idea what you are talking
> > about. How has Tyson's been a failure?
> >
> > Does it look like crap right now? yes. Is the
> > traffic bad? yes
> >
> > Does it have a gross regional product the size
> of
> > most mid-sized cities in america? Yes. Does it
> > employ a major swath of Fairfax County? yes
> >
> > So by what metric do you measure this massive
> > failure. And the water tastes like shit? Its
> the
> > same water that all of Fairfax drinks with the
> > exception of the portion which receives its
> water
> > from city of Falls Church water. Once again
> > proving you have no idea what you are talking
> > about.
> >
> > Now back you go to living in your beautiful
> utopia
> > of Centreville.

Yes well sadly some of us can't make professions handcrafting bead jewelry or selling mason jars as light fixtures. Last I checked Alexandria has about 8 decent blocks, and then the rest has many of the same highway congested, overpaved, overramped problems that every where else does in Northern Virginia. You might also notice I admitted that there are many flaws with Tysons, but the one thing it has scoreboard on Alexandria, jobs and commercial power. The aesthetics are easy to fix when you start with that.

But feel free to keep you and your hipster friends away. I hear Alexandria has food trucks now. Woooooow, man so neat!

Posted by: Dose of Reality ()
Date: June 12, 2013 07:02PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> If I could interject. The whole need for this park
> is phony in the first place. Tysons is going to
> have 16 major ball fields the way things are
> going.

Wrong.

The licensed professional engineers and planners for the county said loud and clear that a minimum of 24 full-sized athletic fields were needed in Tysons to support the planned development.

That was cut to 16 fields, many of them small-sided, after extensive lobbying by the developers, who cited the value per acre of land in Tysons.

Now those same developers are trying to say that granny's land is worth less than the land that was supposed to go to parks?

This is as much of a farce as the people who believe that everyone will take mass transit to Tysons, so little public parking is needed.

You, son, will eventually be hunted down for masquerading as an engineer.

Date: June 12, 2013 07:17PM

Now does everyone see why this guy makes everyone sick? Tysons a success? Ha! If Tysons is a failure (and it is) then have people like "Tysons Engineer" to thank for it.

Date: June 12, 2013 07:36PM

Dose of Reality Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > If I could interject. The whole need for this
> park
> > is phony in the first place. Tysons is going to
> > have 16 major ball fields the way things are
> > going.
>
> Wrong.
>
> The licensed professional engineers and planners
> for the county said loud and clear that a minimum
> of 24 full-sized athletic fields were needed in
> Tysons to support the planned development.
>
> That was cut to 16 fields, many of them
> small-sided, after extensive lobbying by the
> developers, who cited the value per acre of land
> in Tysons.
>
> Now those same developers are trying to say that
> granny's land is worth less than the land that was
> supposed to go to parks?
>
> This is as much of a farce as the people who
> believe that everyone will take mass transit to
> Tysons, so little public parking is needed.
>
> You, son, will eventually be hunted down for
> masquerading as an engineer.

Haha you my friend are an idiot. Firstly there are no P.E.s in the county planning department, second of all the Spring Hill land developer is saying he'll build the park if the land is available, otherwise equivalent funds will be provide to purchase it elsewhere in the county.

Secondly, the idea that parks should be located based on a future ghost population, without discussion of the demographics, needs, or future habits of those is idiotic. The planners used a similar equation as is used for suburban park planning. Suburbs, as in soccer moms and youth leagues and things like that. While those are needs even in urban areas, the ratio to which they are is far less than in suburban settings.

And has been stated a hundred times on this forum, I am not in anyway involved with any of the developments or decision making in Tysons so feel free to follow that thread cause it won't lead to me. I live in Tysons, I work on international site development projects, not local land development.

Feel free to go put your tin foil hat on though

Date: June 12, 2013 07:38PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Dose of Reality Wrote:
> -----
> >
>
> > -----
> > > If I could interject. The whole need for this
> > park
> > > is phony in the first place. Tysons is going
> to
> > > have 16 major ball fields the way things are
> > > going.
> >
> > Wrong.
> >
> > The licensed professional engineers and
> planners
> > for the county said loud and clear that a
> minimum
> > of 24 full-sized athletic fields were needed in
> > Tysons to support the planned development.
> >
> > That was cut to 16 fields, many of them
> > small-sided, after extensive lobbying by the
> > developers, who cited the value per acre of
> land
> > in Tysons.
> >
> > Now those same developers are trying to say
> that
> > granny's land is worth less than the land that
> was
> > supposed to go to parks?
> >
> > This is as much of a farce as the people who
> > believe that everyone will take mass transit to
> > Tysons, so little public parking is needed.
> >
> > You, son, will eventually be hunted down for
> > masquerading as an engineer.
>
>
> Haha you my friend are an idiot. Firstly there are
> no P.E.s in the county planning department,
> second of all the Spring Hill land developer is
> saying he'll build the park if the land is
> available, otherwise equivalent funds will be
> provide to purchase it elsewhere in the county.
>
> Secondly, the idea that parks should be located
> based on a future ghost population, without
> discussion of the demographics, needs, or future
> habits of those is idiotic. The planners used a
> similar equation as is used for suburban park
> planning. Suburbs, as in soccer moms and youth
> leagues and things like that. While those are
> needs even in urban areas, the ratio to which they
> are is far less than in suburban settings.
>
> And has been stated a hundred times on this forum,
> I am not in anyway involved with any of the
> developments or decision making in Tysons so feel
> free to follow that thread cause it won't lead to
> me. I live in Tysons, I work on international site
> development projects, not local land development.
>
> Feel free to go put your tin foil hat on though

In other words you contribute nothing to this or any other conversation that has anything to do with our area.

Date: June 12, 2013 07:41PM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> Now does everyone see why this guy makes everyone
> sick? Tysons a success? Ha! If Tysons is a failure
> (and it is) then have people like "Tysons
> Engineer" to thank for it.

Again by what metric are you calling it a failure? By Jobs? By offset tax revenue for residential land uses? It is the 35th most important economic region in the US. It is the 12th largest Commercial Business District in the US. All those shiny tall buildings is the reason many people have jobs and the reason why your tax rates aren't as high as Loudoun or Stafford County (where they are supposedly business and tax friendly)

It is the only place that has ever been required to do half the things they are doing. In Loudoun developers demand people build them an outer beltway so they can build and then sell their mcmansions. In Tysons the developers are paying millions, actually billions over time towards infrastructure, schools and parks.

And as I continue to say, Georgelas is wrong in the amount they are offering to this land owner, they are wrong for charging her rent, and frankly I hope they either end up paying a lot more or she holds on to the land.

Either way, you are an idiot, and that is perfectly evident by your one note blathering.

As far as the silver line being successful or not. I dont really care, I wont need to use it, but based on the amount of people reverse commuting from Arlington to Tysons every day, I doubt it will be a problem becoming as used as the orange line is.

Date: June 12, 2013 07:42PM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Dose of Reality Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > If I could interject. The whole need for
> this
> > > park
> > > > is phony in the first place. Tysons is
> going
> > to
> > > > have 16 major ball fields the way things
> are
> > > > going.
> > >
> > > Wrong.
> > >
> > > The licensed professional engineers and
> > planners
> > > for the county said loud and clear that a
> > minimum
> > > of 24 full-sized athletic fields were needed
> in
> > > Tysons to support the planned development.
> > >
> > > That was cut to 16 fields, many of them
> > > small-sided, after extensive lobbying by the
> > > developers, who cited the value per acre of
> > land
> > > in Tysons.
> > >
> > > Now those same developers are trying to say
> > that
> > > granny's land is worth less than the land
> that
> > was
> > > supposed to go to parks?
> > >
> > > This is as much of a farce as the people who
> > > believe that everyone will take mass transit
> to
> > > Tysons, so little public parking is needed.
> > >
> > > You, son, will eventually be hunted down for
> > > masquerading as an engineer.
> >
> >
> > Haha you my friend are an idiot. Firstly there
> are
> > no P.E.s in the county planning
> department
> > second of all the Spring Hill land developer is
> > saying he'll build the park if the land is
> > available, otherwise equivalent funds will be
> > provide to purchase it elsewhere in the county.
> >
> > Secondly, the idea that parks should be located
> > based on a future ghost population, without
> > discussion of the demographics, needs, or
> future
> > habits of those is idiotic. The planners used a
> > similar equation as is used for suburban park
> > planning. Suburbs, as in soccer moms and youth
> > leagues and things like that. While those are
> > needs even in urban areas, the ratio to which
> they
> > are is far less than in suburban settings.
> >
> > And has been stated a hundred times on this
> forum,
> > I am not in anyway involved with any of the
> > developments or decision making in Tysons so
> feel
> > free to follow that thread cause it won't lead
> to
> > me. I live in Tysons, I work on international
> site
> > development projects, not local land
> development.
> >
> > Feel free to go put your tin foil hat on though
>
> In other words you contribute nothing to this or
> any other conversation that has anything to do
> with our area.

To the conversation? I run a website that discusses Tysons you idiot. You dont have to be a developer or a Fairfax government employee to inform people about what is happening you know?

BTW, way to show everyone you are actually just posting as multiple people by responding to my comment towards your alter-ego.

Date: June 12, 2013 07:45PM

Hey Bob, guess what, all your little whining and bitching, and the silver line still went forward. And it was bid among one of the largest spreads of large infrastructure bidders, and the bid basically came out to the price being cited. So your bogus little "investigation" that equated miles of blue line construction to lines of silver line construction was empirically proven to be full of shit by the free market.

You lose. I take solace in the fact that no one gives a damn about your opinion and that your knowledge of engineering is about as accurate as your knowledge on local events.

Posted by: Mr. Insensitive ()
Date: June 12, 2013 08:11PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Hey Bob, guess what, all your little whining and
> bitching, and the silver line still went forward.
> And it was bid among one of the largest spreads of
> large infrastructure bidders, and the bid
> basically came out to the price being cited. So
> your bogus little "investigation" that equated
> miles of blue line construction to lines of silver
> line construction was empirically proven to be
> full of shit by the free market.
>
> You lose. I take solace in the fact that no one
> gives a damn about your opinion and that your
> knowledge of engineering is about as accurate as
> your knowledge on local events.

If I had a title like "Tysons Engineer" I wouldn't brag about it. It's like being the only fag at prom dressed like a chimpanzee!

Tyson's Engineer =
Attachments:
pets.jpg

Date: June 12, 2013 08:13PM

Didn't realize it's my title, just a pseudonym or handle (similar to 99.99% of the people on this forum and internet in general). Cool picture though, you must be into some sick shit.

Feel free to discuss the topic at hand instead of obfuscating and resorting to meaningless pictures of monkeys with makeup though. Last time I checked DPOR gives my credentials not you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2013 08:23PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 12, 2013 08:51PM

The topic at hand...

Tyson's is a festering cancer. Sweet metro tho.

Go fuck yourself engineer.

Feel good about forcing decent people out of the homes their families owned for generations.

'Merica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Where's the hospitality? ()
Date: June 12, 2013 09:28PM

Wanna pack 'em in like the rats they are and no stinkin' hospital?
Come on Mr. Engineer, get the drafting board out and draw a hospital in.
Gonna need it when busy little workers get the pink slip and start taking pills,slicing the wrists,etc. Might need a sidewalk scraper crew too. Gotta have the facility to pass out the happy pills.
And where's the dog park located?

Date: June 12, 2013 10:27PM

QQ Wrote:
> The topic at hand...
>
> Tyson's is a festering cancer. Sweet metro tho.
>
> Go fuck yourself engineer.
>
> Feel good about forcing decent people out of the
> homes their families owned for generations.
>
> 'Merica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes because I am doing that. Especially when I say that eminent domain should not be used, and am vehemently opposed to the relocation of residential uses when there are literally acres of parking lot that could instead be used.

Yep you got me. What size tin hat do you wear?

Date: June 12, 2013 10:29PM

Where's the hospitality? Wrote:
> Wanna pack 'em in like the rats they are and no
> stinkin' hospital?
> Come on Mr. Engineer, get the drafting board out
> and draw a hospital in.
> Gonna need it when busy little workers get the
> pink slip and start taking pills,slicing the
> wrists,etc. Might need a sidewalk scraper crew
> too. Gotta have the facility to pass out the happy
> pills.
> And where's the dog park located?

Theres actually already a hospital with full emergency and research space in Tysons, not that you care to actually discuss. Its the new Kaiser building, and there is word that INOVA may be a tenant in one of the new offices. Beyond that; there are over 4 dozen private practice doctors in Tysons.

Not sure why that is something of interest to you

Secondly, there is actually a requirement for dog parks for a certain number of new residential units as well. I dont remember the ratio they use, but its in the standards as well.

Anything else little brain?

Posted by: brerry farms gurl ()
Date: June 12, 2013 10:36PM

I dun cants wait for dem to open da metro. Do you know if dey gone have enough room for dem title loan places and dem cash 4 gold places? Is they ganna put a holdin cell in the mall?

Posted by: Cobblepot ()
Date: June 12, 2013 10:56PM

Anyone whos craps all over eminent domain hasn't considered the alternative. Where a small consortium of land barrons could hold hostage millions of acres of land which they would possibly sell off tiny sections of at drastically above their fair market worth.

Naturally these people would be telling you how much the land is worth so that's really a moot point but still, land would be kept hostage.

Eminent domain is a neccesary evil and it certainly sucks if it falls on your land but it's neccesary. So lets establish that right there.

Secondly, we talk of the "Government" as a foreign entity as in an "Us" and "Them" when in fact the Government is "We the people" which means I'm as much the government as anyone on this thread.

However, by all means do away with eminent domain and shortly thereafter someone will actually and legitimately have a bridge they will be able to sell or rent to you.

Think the tolls are high now on the toll road? Try it's alternative.

As for these people, naturally I feel bad for them but at the same time I don't feel so bad that I wouldn't gladly use that park/field/whatever for all the enjoyment I and my kids can get from it.

If that means that some woman nearing the age of retirement has to walk away with half a mill in her pocket for the trouble? Oh well, I'm sure she and I will get over it in an hour.

Posted by: Half cocked ()
Date: June 13, 2013 06:30AM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Where's the hospitality? Wrote:
> -----
> > Wanna pack 'em in like the rats they are and no
> > stinkin' hospital?
> > Come on Mr. Engineer, get the drafting board
> out
> > and draw a hospital in.
> > Gonna need it when busy little workers get the
> > pink slip and start taking pills,slicing the
> > wrists,etc. Might need a sidewalk scraper crew
> > too. Gotta have the facility to pass out the
> happy
> > pills.
> > And where's the dog park located?
>
> Theres actually already a hospital with full
> emergency and research space in Tysons, not that
> you care to actually discuss. Its the new Kaiser
> building, and there is word that INOVA may be a
> tenant in one of the new offices. Beyond that;
> there are over 4 dozen private practice doctors in
> Tysons.
>
> Not sure why that is something of interest to you
>
> Secondly, there is actually a requirement for dog
> parks for a certain number of new residential
> units as well. I dont remember the ratio they use,
> but its in the standards as well.
>
> Anything else little brain?

I believe the gentlemen was suggesting a fully staffed medical facility for disasters natural and otherwise. Seems a pertinent question considering the congestion of the area.

Date: June 13, 2013 09:17AM

Half cocked Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Where's the hospitality? Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Wanna pack 'em in like the rats they are and
> no
> > > stinkin' hospital?
> > > Come on Mr. Engineer, get the drafting board
> > out
> > > and draw a hospital in.
> > > Gonna need it when busy little workers get
> the
> > > pink slip and start taking pills,slicing the
> > > wrists,etc. Might need a sidewalk scraper
> crew
> > > too. Gotta have the facility to pass out the
> > happy
> > > pills.
> > > And where's the dog park located?
> >
> > Theres actually already a hospital with full
> > emergency and research space in Tysons, not
> that
> > you care to actually discuss. Its the new
> Kaiser
> > building, and there is word that INOVA may be a
> > tenant in one of the new offices. Beyond that;
> > there are over 4 dozen private practice doctors
> in
> > Tysons.
> >
> > Not sure why that is something of interest to
> you
> >
> > Secondly, there is actually a requirement for
> dog
> > parks for a certain number of new residential
> > units as well. I dont remember the ratio they
> use,
> > but its in the standards as well.
> >
> > Anything else little brain?
>
> I believe the gentlemen was suggesting a fully
> staffed medical facility for disasters natural and
> otherwise. Seems a pertinent question considering
> the congestion of the area.

Yep, and I noted there is currently one 250,000sf all purposes medical facility (hospital) with emergency care on Westpark Drive in Tysons, as well as several private medical offices throughout tysons that in the case of this imaginary disaster could also assist. Beyond that, there are future plans for an INOVA that are likely.

Posted by: J. Lennon ()
Date: June 13, 2013 09:37AM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Half cocked Wrote:
> -----

>
> Yep, and I noted there is currently one 250,000sf
> all purposes medical facility (hospital) Mwith
> emergency care on Westpark Drive in Tysons, as
> well as several private medical offices throughout
> tysons that in the case of this imaginary disaster
> could also assist. Beyond that, there are future
> plans for an INOVA that are likely.

I like imaginary. Like your perspective of Tyson's Corner.
The people of Oklahoma and North Jersey would have enjoyed imaginary.

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: June 13, 2013 09:52AM

Olde Farte, II Wrote:
> matt 703 Wrote:
> -----
> > It's sickening that the government has the
> "right"
> > to do this.
>
> After posting my first reply way up there, I
> looked up the law - it was indeed changed and
> DISALLOWS taking land to give to a private entity.
> Not being a lawyer, I do not know what exceptions
> someone can come up with to this, but the law
> pretty much says "public use taking only".

The land is being taken to be given to the county for a ball park. There is nothing private about that. All developers are private. The end product will be owned and controlled by the county. This is allowed. It is not like they are taking the land and building a shopping mall.

Date: June 13, 2013 09:56AM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > @oldfart
> >
> > This would likely hold up in court if it had to
> go
> > to eminent domain because the land would
> actually
> > be purchased for transfer to Fairfax Parks not
> for
> > the developer. That being the case it wouldnt be
> a
> > private entity purpose.
> >
> > @Jess1,
> >
> > I think the idea of eminent domain for the
> purpose
> > of a park is idiotic and a battle fairfax
> shouldnt
> > get into. Park needs shouldnt be decided on a
> > formulaic calculation based on projected
> > population. Some parks get lots of people, some
> > are ghost towns. A park should be built and
> > provided when it makes sense.
> >
> > I do agree though that this land owner, who has
> no
> > problem selling the property they are just
> > complaining about the price being offered, is
> > being foolish to turn it down. The one part
> that
> > is ridiculous is that while they were allowed
> to
> > live there until retirement, they said that she
> > would have to pay rent, which is absurd.
> >
> > There are massive swathes of land 2 miles north
> of
> > this location which could easily be a park. The
> > whole argument reeks of not seeing the forest
> for
> > the trees.
>
> And this why I have such a huge problem with you.
> The county, state, Fed - none of them or anyone
> else should have the right to take away someone's
> property. Furthermore, the county is offering a
> ridiculously low money on the value of the land
> (plus the future value of the land). Granted, its
> a small piece of land, and I see why the family
> would be interested in combining the two
> properties and sell them at a higher price. That's
> the American dream after all isn't it?

The owner should only be entitled to the value of the property before improvements, not the value after the lot is converted.

Date: June 13, 2013 09:58AM

J. Lennon Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Half cocked Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
>
> >
> > Yep, and I noted there is currently one
> 250,000sf
> > all purposes medical facility (hospital) Mwith
> > emergency care on Westpark Drive in Tysons, as
> > well as several private medical offices
> throughout
> > tysons that in the case of this imaginary
> disaster
> > could also assist. Beyond that, there are
> future
> > plans for an INOVA that are likely.
>
> I like imaginary. Like your perspective of Tyson's
> Corner.
> The people of Oklahoma and North Jersey would have
> enjoyed imaginary.

You are an idiot. I point out your idiocy with the fact that there is a hospital and then you continue to blather on about stupid shit.

Way to go, you have proven you are worthless

Date: June 13, 2013 10:02AM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Can't see it from Alexandria Wrote:
> -----
> > The engineer seems a bit touchy on Tyson's.
> > Just keep Tysons in Tyson's.
> >
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Mk their champ. Don't quit your day job
> because
> > > the whole self aggrandizing haiku's aren't
> > working
> > > for you. You have no idea what you are
> talking
> > > about. How has Tyson's been a failure?
> > >
> > > Does it look like crap right now? yes. Is the
> > > traffic bad? yes
> > >
> > > Does it have a gross regional product the
> size
> > of
> > > most mid-sized cities in america? Yes. Does
> it
> > > employ a major swath of Fairfax County? yes
> > >
> > > So by what metric do you measure this massive
> > > failure. And the water tastes like shit? Its
> > the
> > > same water that all of Fairfax drinks with
> the
> > > exception of the portion which receives its
> > water
> > > from city of Falls Church water. Once again
> > > proving you have no idea what you are talking
> > > about.
> > >
> > > Now back you go to living in your beautiful
> > utopia
> > > of Centreville.
>
>
> Yes well sadly some of us can't make professions
> handcrafting bead jewelry or selling mason jars as
> light fixtures. Last I checked Alexandria has
> about 8 decent blocks, and then the rest has many
> of the same highway congested, overpaved,
> overramped problems that every where else does in
> Northern Virginia. You might also notice I
> admitted that there are many flaws with Tysons,
> but the one thing it has scoreboard on Alexandria,
> jobs and commercial power. The aesthetics are easy
> to fix when you start with that.
>
> But feel free to keep you and your hipster friends
> away. I hear Alexandria has food trucks now.
> Woooooow, man so neat!

People eat from food trucks when there are no better options around them. They are the equivalent of eating a nasty hotdog from a street vendor with a rash.

Posted by: Rotting Flesh ()
Date: June 13, 2013 10:24AM

Tyson's Corner is the flesh eating bacteria of Northern Virginia.

Baseball fields? Right. For whom?

Date: June 13, 2013 10:42AM

LetsRock Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Can't see it from Alexandria Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > The engineer seems a bit touchy on Tyson's.
> > > Just keep Tysons in Tyson's.
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Mk their champ. Don't quit your day job
> > because
> > > > the whole self aggrandizing haiku's aren't
> > > working
> > > > for you. You have no idea what you are
> > talking
> > > > about. How has Tyson's been a failure?
> > > >
> > > > Does it look like crap right now? yes. Is
> the
> > > > traffic bad? yes
> > > >
> > > > Does it have a gross regional product the
> > size
> > > of
> > > > most mid-sized cities in america? Yes. Does
> > it
> > > > employ a major swath of Fairfax County? yes
> > > >
> > > > So by what metric do you measure this
> massive
> > > > failure. And the water tastes like shit?
> Its
> > > the
> > > > same water that all of Fairfax drinks with
> > the
> > > > exception of the portion which receives its
> > > water
> > > > from city of Falls Church water. Once again
> > > > proving you have no idea what you are
> talking
> > > > about.
> > > >
> > > > Now back you go to living in your beautiful
> > > utopia
> > > > of Centreville.
> >
> >
> > Yes well sadly some of us can't make
> professions
> > handcrafting bead jewelry or selling mason jars
> as
> > light fixtures. Last I checked Alexandria has
> > about 8 decent blocks, and then the rest has
> many
> > of the same highway congested, overpaved,
> > overramped problems that every where else does
> in
> > Northern Virginia. You might also notice I
> > admitted that there are many flaws with Tysons,
> > but the one thing it has scoreboard on
> Alexandria,
> > jobs and commercial power. The aesthetics are
> easy
> > to fix when you start with that.
> >
> > But feel free to keep you and your hipster
> friends
> > away. I hear Alexandria has food trucks now.
> > Woooooow, man so neat!
>
>
> People eat from food trucks when there are no
> better options around them. They are the
> equivalent of eating a nasty hotdog from a street
> vendor with a rash.

Thanks for joining the foray. You too are dense. Well done.

Date: June 13, 2013 10:43AM

tumblr_lwboe4AS3i1r0u34oo1_400.gif

Date: June 13, 2013 11:07AM

As usual our “Tysons Engineer” friend is no better at “engineering” a helpful response or solution to these problems. He prefers instead to subject land owners to draconian government takeover of land, then backpaddles when he’s caught in his own statements. A poster hear points out something of value – Let’s build a hospital that’s close by to accommodate the increases to the Tysons Corner area (with the addition of low income housing and a metro line). What is the engineeer’s response to this? More lashing out to the people of the county.

Date: June 13, 2013 11:10AM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> As usual our “Tysons Engineer” friend is no
> better at “engineering” a helpful response or
> solution to these problems. He prefers instead to
> subject land owners to draconian government
> takeover of land, then backpaddles when he’s
> caught in his own statements. A poster hear points
> out something of value – Let’s build a
> hospital that’s close by to accommodate the
> increases to the Tysons Corner area (with the
> addition of low income housing and a metro line).
> What is the engineeer’s response to this? More
> lashing out to the people of the county.

Hahaha you are a joke

And yet I am still

1) Against any use of eminent domain

2) Have already pointed out there is a massive existing hospital on Westpark Drive, not to mention dozens of private practices, not to mention 2 major hospitals I didnt mention in Dunn Loring and McLean

3) You are an idiot. It doesnt need solutions, because the things you are bitching about I have already responded to. Any more whining?

There are hundreds of things that need attention in Tysons, but the horseshit snake oil you are selling is made for the idiot masses to pretend you are smart and have been following along.

You know nothing Bob, you dont even know there is a hospital in Tysons, you clearly can't read because I keep saying I am against eminent domain.

But yes, keep pretending i am the boogie man. Thank god you are an old moron who no one cares about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 11:12AM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 13, 2013 11:18AM

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJEF-XT5ma_D0VH4pZ2zt

Anything else bob?

Posted by: Engineer is crazy! ()
Date: June 13, 2013 11:18AM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> 2) Have already pointed out there is a massive
> existing hospital on Westpark Drive, not to
> mention dozens of private practices, not to
> mention 2 major hospitals I didnt mention in Dunn
> Loring and McLean

Oh really? I don't think I count INOVA as a real hospital.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Tysons-Corner-Virginia.html#ixzz2W6s0cNX3

Hospitals/medical centers near Tysons Corner:
INOVA FAIRFAX HOSPITAL (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Other, provides emergency services, about 5 miles away; FALLS CHURCH, VA)
VIRGINIA HOSPITAL CENTER - ARLINGTON (Acute Care Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Private, provides emergency services, about 6 miles away; ARLINGTON, VA)
RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER (Acute Care Hospitals, Proprietary, provides emergency services, about 7 miles away; RESTON, VA)

Date: June 13, 2013 11:21AM

Engineer is crazy! Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > 2) Have already pointed out there is a massive
> > existing hospital on Westpark Drive, not to
> > mention dozens of private practices, not to
> > mention 2 major hospitals I didnt mention in
> Dunn
> > Loring and McLean
>
> Oh really? I don't think I count INOVA as a real
> hospital.
>
> http://www.city-data.com/city/Tysons-Corner-Virgin
> ia.html#ixzz2W6s0cNX3
>
> Hospitals/medical centers near Tysons Corner:
> INOVA FAIRFAX HOSPITAL (Acute Care Hospitals,
> Voluntary non-profit - Other, provides emergency
> services, about 5 miles away; FALLS CHURCH, VA)
> VIRGINIA HOSPITAL CENTER - ARLINGTON (Acute Care
> Hospitals, Voluntary non-profit - Private,
> provides emergency services, about 6 miles away;
> ARLINGTON, VA)
> RESTON HOSPITAL CENTER (Acute Care Hospitals,
> Proprietary, provides emergency services, about 7
> miles away; RESTON, VA)

Yes, well the big medical facility I look at from my home isn't even on that list. Which I noted about 15 posts ago is the new Kaiser full emergency facility which is a medical hospital as well.

Also, what do you mean INOVA isnt a real hospital? its the largest hospital emergency care system in Virginia you dolt.

Why am I even discussing this with you idiots. Dont you have traffic to be standing in?

Here you little brain

http://goo.gl/maps/N24fV

KaiserFacility03.jpgKaiserFacility01.jpg

Sure looks like a hospital to me.

https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/health/care/!ut/p/c5/hZBdcoIwAITP4gGYxAICj6QBNAJFQUl4YZBh-JEfJQiU00sP0Hb3ceebnV0QgdVtMpZ5MpRdm9SAgmgXm8T_QmirQ4iIBA-O7p5lQiCE2zVnuxj-Ih3-QxMQ5XV3W3vCgE0z5k6Ojas3yRW7DK86jNPs4NytIi9sg6DZFz0FPsWg1mRF6PGnVdNeTDASx9GxuXbh3PSCe7qERyoxRnr3xIg-n8-NmgjUOj6vzfziZtinGalsBatGZ8eiBn2iRYtafqPBKR4Gvn1wczr1S2Zoe0kYx7SibbcB4c83f251912TgUdDl6ydNm_A7t74/dl3/d3/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/

Feel free to shut the hell up now

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 11:24AM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 13, 2013 11:23AM

I may be old and I may be ugly, but it doesn't mean that I'm wrong. I've got more fight in a fraction of me, than you have in your whole body. I fight for the little guy, those people in the county that work hard for their living. Where were you during the hearings? Where were you when the county tried to pull a fast one and bring in shady developers?

Posted by: The Underdog ()
Date: June 13, 2013 11:27AM

Sprawl and Crawl Wrote:
> However, Ashley said, she hasn’t been offered a
> fair price for her land.
>
> “I don’t want the world, I just want what’s
> fair,” she said.
>
> The cousins’ properties lie within a quarter
> mile of a new Silver Line Station, at the edge of
> a nationally known business center that is on the
> verge of a major transformation.
>
> “I can’t have a better location,” Wallace
> said. “Everybody in the world knows where Tysons
> Corner is.”
>
> Ashley put her home on the market and found a
> buyer willing to pay $200,000 more than the
> assessed value.
>
> She claims that county staff verbally agreed to
> match the $660,000 offer and allow her to live
> there for two more years, which would put her
> closer to retirement age and ease her stress about
> finding a new job. She stopped the sale.
>
> The Fairfax County Park Authority declined to
> comment about its involvement due to the ongoing
> negotiations.
>
> When that promise turned into an offer in writing
> from The Georgelas Group, however, it came with a
> long list of deductions from the price that
> reduced it by more than $100,000, including
> charging her $2,000 per month in rent.
>
> “There is no way I am going to pay you $2,000 to
> live in my own home,” Ashley said.
>
> A Georgelas Group representative could not be
> reached for comment prior to the print deadline.

Sounds like Big Business and Big Government leaning on the landowner to me.

Posted by: Puddin Taint ()

> Theres actually already a hospital with full emergency and research space in Tysons, not that you care to actually discuss. Its the new Kaiser building.

You might want to get your facts right before you call others an idiot, Tysons Engineer. Kaiser doesn't offer emergency care at this site.

From their website: "Services at a glance: No emergency services"

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> I may be old and I may be ugly, but it doesn't
> mean that I'm wrong. I've got more fight in a
> fraction of me, than you have in your whole body.
> I fight for the little guy, those people in the
> county that work hard for their living. Where were
> you during the hearings? Where were you when the
> county tried to pull a fast one and bring in shady
> developers?

The county brought in shady developers huh? Its like you dont even have a basic understanding of how land development works and want to pontificate on it as if you do.

I was at the hearings, I continue to go to hearings. Unlike you I dont just blather on and on about one subject (the silver line). I have fought against over spending on the outer beltway, on bus transit. I have expressed concern over the lack of basic pedestrian safety like crosswalks. I have noted that there are hundreds of homeowners who are detrimentally hurt by the plans to provide a toll road ramp in the back yard.

Where the fuck have you been during those discussions bob? Huh? You dont seem to care when a flyover ramp will go into someones back yard strangely enough.

I was at the community meeting with Vienna residents fighting against that project.

Where were you Bob?

Probably annoying the Washington Post and Patch with your conspiracy theories

Date: June 13, 2013 11:28AM

Puddin Taint Wrote:
> > Theres actually already a hospital with full
> emergency and research space in Tysons, not that
> you care to actually discuss. Its the new Kaiser
> building.
>
> You might want to get your facts right before you
> call others an idiot, Tysons Engineer. Kaiser
> doesn't offer emergency care at this site.
>
> From their website: "Services at a glance: No
> emergency services"

Yes another liar

Emergency and urgent care

Urgent Care

Urgent Care
Referral only
Urgent care available
Hours:
open 24 hours
Phone numbers:
Information: 703-287-6400
Appointments (Washington DC area): 703-359-7878
Appointments (outside of the Washington DC area-toll free): 1-800-777-7904 (toll free)
(TTY for the hearing/speech impaired): 703-359-7616 (TTY for the hearing/speech impaired)
(toll free TTY for the hearing/speech impaired): 1-800-700-4901 (toll-free TTY for the hearing/speech impaired)

Anything else?

Date: June 13, 2013 11:29AM

The person who made the comment asked, in the case of a natural disaster there are no hospitals.

That is incorrect. In the case of a state of emergency this facility does have urgent care capabilities and they do provide urgent care.

Perhaps YOU should read their website more carefully, considering I am the one who lives next to it.

Anything else you wanna incorrectly discuss?

Date: June 13, 2013 11:30AM

Adult Medicine
Ambulatory Surgery Center
Audiology
Cardiology
Clinical Decision Unit/CDU
Comprehensive Spine Care Center
Ear Nose & Throat
General Surgery
Hematology
Imaging Services / Radiology
Infectious Diseases
Infusion Center
Laboratory
Nephrology
Observation Unit
Obstetrics
Occupational Therapy
Oncology
Ophthamology
Optometry
Orthopedic Surgery
Pediatrics
Pharmacy
Physical Therapy
Plastic Surgery
Podiatry
Preoperative Evaluation and Education
Pulmonary
Rehabilitation Services
Urgent Care
Urology
Vascular Surgery
Vision Services
The information in this online directory is

Urgent care and vascular surgery sure do seem like things that a hospital would do

He didnt ask about ER, he asked why there are no hospitals in Tysons in case of a natural disaster. Feel free to go read his comment above

I also pointed out that INOVA is likely to move into Tysons, which he evidently also doesn't consider a medical center even though they are the primary center of this region.

I think what he wants is some Scared Heart Government run hospital center, which no, Tysons has no plans on having. I'd point out that the population of Tysons will only be 100,000 which is the same as Herndon, by 2050. So by that logic, where is the same public owned hospital in Herndon? Or Centreville, or Springfield all of which have larger populations

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 11:36AM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 13, 2013 11:34AM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> -----
> > I may be old and I may be ugly, but it doesn't
> > mean that I'm wrong. I've got more fight in a
> > fraction of me, than you have in your whole
> body.
> > I fight for the little guy, those people in the
> > county that work hard for their living. Where
> were
> > you during the hearings? Where were you when
> the
> > county tried to pull a fast one and bring in
> shady
> > developers?
>
>
> The county brought in shady developers huh? Its
> like you dont even have a basic understanding of
> how land development works and want to pontificate
> on it as if you do.
>
> I was at the hearings, I continue to go to
> hearings. Unlike you I dont just blather on and on
> about one subject (the silver line). I have fought
> against over spending on the outer beltway, on bus
> transit. I have expressed concern over the lack of
> basic pedestrian safety like crosswalks. I have
> noted that there are hundreds of homeowners who
> are detrimentally hurt by the plans to provide a
> toll road ramp in the back yard.
>
> Where the fuck have you been during those
> discussions bob? Huh? You dont seem to care when a
> flyover ramp will go into someones back yard
> strangely enough.
>
> I was at the community meeting with Vienna
> residents fighting against that project.
>
> Where were you Bob?
>
> Probably annoying the Washington Post and Patch
> with your conspiracy theories

You might recall I was at the congressional hearings regarding the questions solicitations of your shady contractor friends. You might also recall that I was there to protest the original line's location remember? And except for this website, I have yet to see you anywhere with anything in print, at least using your real name. But that's cowards do isn't it? Hide behind keyboards. Anyone can look up my credentials. I might not be perfect, but I am honest. Can you say the same?

Date: June 13, 2013 11:36AM

Puddin Taint Wrote:
> God you're dense. Right in the big green box at
> the top of the page:
>
> "No emergency services"
>
> https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/health/care/!
> ut/p/c5/hU47DoJAFDwLJ3gD6IrlLgbcJaIgKGxDMCGEyMfCWH
> h6wdhYoDPlfEnTyL58NHV5b4a-bCkjzQpPHfdCmBwQagG542G8
> VAqAOeo5KzADjj9pRbpuh8u0I-g8jf8u-6pzUnsDmbqeyyJpjo
> 5P3pbRW_cPDJBOkASndWADFoXboasoJ72aPeVblFDu0q3LntU1
> dkJuGC_U975o/dl3/d3/L0lDU0NtbUtDbEVBIS9JTFNBQ0l3aV
> FDRE1xQ0NtNXVIRUFnWSEvNEMxYjhVQXBNa0VvaEEhIS83X0ZK
> U09CQjFBMDBCSjQwSU1BTlI1SkowMEcyLyUwanNwJTBFbWVyZ2
> VuY3lhbmRVcmdlbnRDYXJlTGlzdC5qc3Avdmlld0lEL2VtZXJn
> ZW5jeV91cmdlbnRjYXJl/

That's him in a nutshell, "Dense" and its always somebody else's fault. Tysons Engineer the world's most professional victim.

Date: June 13, 2013 11:38AM

Freddie Mac has some RPN's and a few exam tables. By your standards, they're a full fledged hospital too.

Date: June 13, 2013 11:39AM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I may be old and I may be ugly, but it
> doesn't
> > > mean that I'm wrong. I've got more fight in a
> > > fraction of me, than you have in your whole
> > body.
> > > I fight for the little guy, those people in
> the
> > > county that work hard for their living. Where
> > were
> > > you during the hearings? Where were you when
> > the
> > > county tried to pull a fast one and bring in
> > shady
> > > developers?
> >
> >
> > The county brought in shady developers huh? Its
> > like you dont even have a basic understanding
> of
> > how land development works and want to
> pontificate
> > on it as if you do.
> >
> > I was at the hearings, I continue to go to
> > hearings. Unlike you I dont just blather on and
> on
> > about one subject (the silver line). I have
> fought
> > against over spending on the outer beltway, on
> bus
> > transit. I have expressed concern over the lack
> of
> > basic pedestrian safety like crosswalks. I have
> > noted that there are hundreds of homeowners who
> > are detrimentally hurt by the plans to provide
> a
> > toll road ramp in the back yard.
> >
> > Where the fuck have you been during those
> > discussions bob? Huh? You dont seem to care when
> a
> > flyover ramp will go into someones back yard
> > strangely enough.
> >
> > I was at the community meeting with Vienna
> > residents fighting against that project.
> >
> > Where were you Bob?
> >
> > Probably annoying the Washington Post and Patch
> > with your conspiracy theories
>
>
> You might recall I was at the congressional
> hearings regarding the questions solicitations of
> your shady contractor friends. You might also
> recall that I was there to protest the original
> line's location remember? And except for this
> website, I have yet to see you anywhere with
> anything in print, at least using your real name.
> But that's cowards do isn't it? Hide behind
> keyboards. Anyone can look up my credentials. I
> might not be perfect, but I am honest. Can you say
> the same?

Haha ok Bob, congressional hearings about?

AH YES THE FUCKIN SILVER LINE AGAIN

Way to go champ. Proving my point. Really protecting the little guy there.

Keep thinking I'm a developer btw, whatever gets you to bed at night. Clearly you have never read my articles on the patch, ggw, or my own website where I am severely critical to land developers and county officials.

But whatever makes you sleep at night old man

Date: June 13, 2013 11:40AM

Puddin Taint Wrote:
> God you're dense. Right in the big green box at
> the top of the page:
>
> "No emergency services"
>
> https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/health/care/!
> ut/p/c5/hU47DoJAFDwLJ3gD6IrlLgbcJaIgKGxDMCGEyMfCWH
> h6wdhYoDPlfEnTyL58NHV5b4a-bCkjzQpPHfdCmBwQagG542G8
> VAqAOeo5KzADjj9pRbpuh8u0I-g8jf8u-6pzUnsDmbqeyyJpjo
> 5P3pbRW_cPDJBOkASndWADFoXboasoJ72aPeVblFDu0q3LntU1
> dkJuGC_U975o/dl3/d3/L0lDU0NtbUtDbEVBIS9JTFNBQ0l3aV
> FDRE1xQ0NtNXVIRUFnWSEvNEMxYjhVQXBNa0VvaEEhIS83X0ZK
> U09CQjFBMDBCSjQwSU1BTlI1SkowMEcyLyUwanNwJTBFbWVyZ2
> VuY3lhbmRVcmdlbnRDYXJlTGlzdC5qc3Avdmlld0lEL2VtZXJn
> ZW5jeV91cmdlbnRjYXJl/

And yes they provide Urgent Care, right there in the same set of quick facts. Want to admit you are full of shit yet? They do not have ER services, but they would be used in the case of a natural disaster with many casualties for that purpose.

Date: June 13, 2013 11:41AM

Puddin Taint Wrote:
> Freddie Mac has some RPN's and a few exam tables.
> By your standards, they're a full fledged
> hospital too.

Yes because a clinic is the same thing as a 200,000 sf 5 story medical center. Great stuff

And since this thread is officially a trolls nest of morons (the typical Fairfax Underground crowd) I'll go ahead and ignore the remainder of your bullshit statements

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 11:42AM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 13, 2013 11:41AM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> -----
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > I may be old and I may be ugly, but it
> > doesn't
> > > > mean that I'm wrong. I've got more fight in
> a
> > > > fraction of me, than you have in your whole
> > > body.
> > > > I fight for the little guy, those people in
> > the
> > > > county that work hard for their living.
> Where
> > > were
> > > > you during the hearings? Where were you
> when
> > > the
> > > > county tried to pull a fast one and bring
> in
> > > shady
> > > > developers?
> > >
> > >
> > > The county brought in shady developers huh?
> Its
> > > like you dont even have a basic understanding
> > of
> > > how land development works and want to
> > pontificate
> > > on it as if you do.
> > >
> > > I was at the hearings, I continue to go to
> > > hearings. Unlike you I dont just blather on
> and
> > on
> > > about one subject (the silver line). I have
> > fought
> > > against over spending on the outer beltway,
> on
> > bus
> > > transit. I have expressed concern over the
> lack
> > of
> > > basic pedestrian safety like crosswalks. I
> have
> > > noted that there are hundreds of homeowners
> who
> > > are detrimentally hurt by the plans to
> provide
> > a
> > > toll road ramp in the back yard.
> > >
> > > Where the fuck have you been during those
> > > discussions bob? Huh? You dont seem to care
> when
> > a
> > > flyover ramp will go into someones back yard
> > > strangely enough.
> > >
> > > I was at the community meeting with Vienna
> > > residents fighting against that project.
> > >
> > > Where were you Bob?
> > >
> > > Probably annoying the Washington Post and
> Patch
> > > with your conspiracy theories
> >
> >
> > You might recall I was at the congressional
> > hearings regarding the questions solicitations
> of
> > your shady contractor friends. You might also
> > recall that I was there to protest the original
> > line's location remember? And except for this
> > website, I have yet to see you anywhere with
> > anything in print, at least using your real
> name.
> > But that's cowards do isn't it? Hide behind
> > keyboards. Anyone can look up my credentials. I
> > might not be perfect, but I am honest. Can you
> say
> > the same?
>
> Haha ok Bob, congressional hearings about?
>
> AH YES THE FUCKIN SILVER LINE AGAIN
>
> Way to go champ. Proving my point. Really
> protecting the little guy there.
>
> Keep thinking I'm a developer btw, whatever gets
> you to bed at night. Clearly you have never read
> my articles on the patch, ggw, or my own website
> where I am severely critical to land developers
> and county officials.
>
> But whatever makes you sleep at night old man

Tell you what, you're absolutely right. It's not fair for you, so how about this. Why don't you post the links for all your articles in the patch or wherever in new thread. That way, you get a fair chance for everyone to take a look and get a real feel for who and what you stand for. Does that sound fair?

Date: June 13, 2013 11:44AM

Again, it was you who claimed they had an emergency service there. Urgent care does not equal emergency care.

Date: June 13, 2013 11:54AM

Puddin Taint Wrote:
> Again, it was you who claimed they had an
> emergency service there. Urgent care does not
> equal emergency care.

Thats fine, you want to get into semantics. Good for you. In the case of an emergency, they do have hospital equipment in their 200,000 sf (largest in the state) medical center. I would say that pretty much addresses the original thick skulls question.

If you are asking whether I think Tysons needs a "Sacred Heart" style hospital then I would say, it absolutely doesnt any time in the near future (next couple of decades). The population doesn't warrant the need, and as I have noted in the case of an emergency there are urgent care centers all over the region including INOVA in Dunn Loring and Kaiser in Tysons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 11:58AM by Tysons Engineer.

Posted by: Too square two be hip ()
Date: June 13, 2013 12:18PM

Defending Tyson's......seriously?
You're kidding? You must be pumping Tyson's up to sell the condo. The problem is Fairfax Underground should not be the primary target market. Forty yaers to complete would turn me off too.

Posted by: Wake Up! ()
Date: June 13, 2013 12:21PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Why would I post it in another thread?
>
> http://tysonscorner.patch.com/articles/tysons-tax-
> a-bitter-but-necessary-pill
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/dulles-toll-road-ramp-p
> rojects-show-ignorance-to-repeated-mistakes/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/outer-beltway-needed-sc
> rutinizing-the-logic-of-pet-projects/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/commonwealth-transporta
> tion-board-who-are-they/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/tysons-bus-circulator-p
> ublic-meeting-brings-new-information-on-tysons-tra
> nsportation/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/tysons-bus-routes-show-
> disinterest-for-existing-residents/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/international-drive-and
> -chain-bridge-road/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/gosnell-road-four-lanes
> -of-imperceptible-danger/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/oped-connollymorantrans
> it/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/thousands-of-tysons-res
> idents-face-dangerous-walk-to-metro/
>
> http://thetysonscorner.com/fairfax-connectors-rigi
> dity-on-fleet-size-costing-millions-and-impacting-
> access/
>
> Read those and then shut the hell up

Nobody wants to go post over there at the Patch this is Fairfax Underground. It looks like you did what you usually do, spam everyone else's thread with your misguided opinionated crap. (You can't even understand emergency care). You're the most colossal pussy I have ever seen on this board.

Tysons Engineer = Scared Pussy!
Attachments:
Mister Mittens.PNG

Date: June 13, 2013 12:25PM

Too square two be hip Wrote:
> Defending Tyson's......seriously?
> You're kidding? You must be pumping Tyson's up to
> sell the condo. The problem is Fairfax Underground
> should not be the primary target market. Forty
> yaers to complete would turn me off too.

How am I pumping it up. I literally stated that it looks like crap today and is congested all the time.

"Does it look like crap right now? yes. Is the traffic bad? yes" - Me yesterday

Date: June 13, 2013 12:27PM

Wake Up! Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Why would I post it in another thread?
> >
> >
>
> > a-bitter-but-necessary-pill
> >
> >
>
> > rojects-show-ignorance-to-repeated-mistakes/
> >
> >
>
> > rutinizing-the-logic-of-pet-projects/
> >
> >
>
> > tion-board-who-are-they/
> >
> >
>
> >
>
> > nsportation/
> >
> >
>
> > disinterest-for-existing-residents/
> >
> >
>
> > -chain-bridge-road/
> >
> >
>
> > -of-imperceptible-danger/
> >
> >
>
> > it/
> >
> >
>
> > idents-face-dangerous-walk-to-metro/
> >
> >
>
> >
>
> > access/
> >
> > Read those and then shut the hell up
>
>
> Nobody wants to go post over there at the Patch
> this is Fairfax Underground. It looks like you did
> what you usually do, spam everyone else's thread
> with your misguided opinionated crap. (You can't
> even understand emergency care). You're the most
> colossal pussy I have ever seen on this board.
>
> Tysons Engineer = Scared Pussy!

Most of the links I provided are to my own website. But yea you are right, keep making statements about what I think without knowing the first thing about what I think.

HERE I COME! I AM THE BIG BAD BOOGIEMAN TAKING OVER YOUR HOUSE AND KICKING YOU OUT WITH ALL MY DEVELOPER FRIENDS

Posted by: Win ()
Date: June 13, 2013 12:44PM

Glad to see that the antichrist engineer is owning up to his actions. Fuck yourself, you p.o.s developer!

Date: June 13, 2013 12:50PM

Win Wrote:
> Glad to see that the antichrist engineer is owning
> up to his actions. Fuck yourself, you p.o.s
> developer!

I'm sorry whats that troll? This has mostly become fun at this point. Its like being in an argument with a 3 year old mostly. I figure at some point you'll start crying and crap your pants (especially Bob)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 12:53PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 13, 2013 01:16PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> I'm sorry whats that troll? This has mostly become
> fun at this point. Its like being in an argument
> with a 3 year old mostly. I figure at some point
> you'll start crying and crap your pants
> (especially Bob)

Very Doubtful. It takes two to play, how much work have you gotten today? Meh

Date: June 13, 2013 01:18PM

>> HERE I COME! I AM THE BIG BAD BOOGIEMAN TAKING OVER YOUR HOUSE AND KICKING YOU OUT WITH ALL MY DEVELOPER FRIENDS

Don't get yourself too worked up, Tyson's Engineer, you might have a heart attack.

If you do, the manager at the Ritz has CPR training, so you can always count the Ritz as an emergency cardiac care facility.

Date: June 13, 2013 01:21PM

Puddin Taint Wrote:
> >> HERE I COME! I AM THE BIG BAD BOOGIEMAN TAKING
> OVER YOUR HOUSE AND KICKING YOU OUT WITH ALL MY
> DEVELOPER FRIENDS
>
> Don't get yourself too worked up, Tyson's
> Engineer, you might have a heart attack.
>
> If you do, the manager at the Ritz has CPR
> training, so you can always count the Ritz as an
> emergency cardiac care facility.

See atleast this guy is funny. He still knows he's full of shit comparing a small clinic facility to a medical center capable of surgery and with 150 patient beds, but atleast funny.

Posted by: Ewok Adventure ()
Date: June 13, 2013 01:35PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Puddin Taint Wrote:
> -----
> > >> HERE I COME! I AM THE BIG BAD BOOGIEMAN
> TAKING
> > OVER YOUR HOUSE AND KICKING YOU OUT WITH ALL MY
> > DEVELOPER FRIENDS
> >
> > Don't get yourself too worked up, Tyson's
> > Engineer, you might have a heart attack.
> >
> > If you do, the manager at the Ritz has CPR
> > training, so you can always count the Ritz as
> an
> > emergency cardiac care facility.
>
> See atleast this guy is funny. He still knows he's
> full of shit comparing a small clinic facility to
> a medical center capable of surgery and with 150
> patient beds, but atleast funny.

It's more like he knows your full of shit, but I digress. The jokes on him after all...You have no heart.

Posted by: asdfdsfdsf ()
Date: June 13, 2013 01:43PM

Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> Wake Up! Wrote:
> -----
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Why would I post it in another thread?
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > a-bitter-but-necessary-pill
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > rojects-show-ignorance-to-repeated-mistakes/
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > rutinizing-the-logic-of-pet-projects/
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > tion-board-who-are-they/
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > nsportation/
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > disinterest-for-existing-residents/
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -chain-bridge-road/
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -of-imperceptible-danger/
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > it/
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > idents-face-dangerous-walk-to-metro/
> > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > access/
> > >
> > > Read those and then shut the hell up
> >
> >
> > Nobody wants to go post over there at the Patch
> > this is Fairfax Underground. It looks like you
> did
> > what you usually do, spam everyone else's
> thread
> > with your misguided opinionated crap. (You
> can't
> > even understand emergency care). You're the
> most
> > colossal pussy I have ever seen on this board.
> >
> > Tysons Engineer = Scared Pussy!
>
>
> Most of the links I provided are to my own
> website. But yea you are right, keep making
> statements about what I think without knowing the
> first thing about what I think.
>
> HERE I COME! I AM THE BIG BAD BOOGIEMAN TAKING
> OVER YOUR HOUSE AND KICKING YOU OUT WITH ALL MY
> DEVELOPER FRIENDS

I don't know which I find more amusing...This thread or your blog postings. Just how high were you when you posted that crap? A half-retarded blind ape, has more saavy when it comes to understanding the complexities of Tysons Corner how the changes the housing in the area will result in a downward spin. I wonder how long it will be before you move out of Tysons, 1 or 2 years after the new metro station is open for business? I can't imagine you'll like your car getting broken into everyday from either the riff raff that will live there or the riff raff that will ride out to VA.

Date: June 13, 2013 01:56PM

asdfdsfdsf Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > Wake Up! Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > Why would I post it in another thread?
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > a-bitter-but-necessary-pill
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> rojects-show-ignorance-to-repeated-mistakes/
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > rutinizing-the-logic-of-pet-projects/
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > tion-board-who-are-they/
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > nsportation/
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > disinterest-for-existing-residents/
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -chain-bridge-road/
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > -of-imperceptible-danger/
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > it/
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > idents-face-dangerous-walk-to-metro/
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
>
> >
> > >
> > > > access/
> > > >
> > > > Read those and then shut the hell up
> > >
> > >
> > > Nobody wants to go post over there at the
> Patch
> > > this is Fairfax Underground. It looks like
> you
> > did
> > > what you usually do, spam everyone else's
> > thread
> > > with your misguided opinionated crap. (You
> > can't
> > > even understand emergency care). You're the
> > most
> > > colossal pussy I have ever seen on this board.
>
> > >
> > > Tysons Engineer = Scared Pussy!
> >
> >
> > Most of the links I provided are to my own
> > website. But yea you are right, keep making
> > statements about what I think without knowing
> the
> > first thing about what I think.
> >
> > HERE I COME! I AM THE BIG BAD BOOGIEMAN TAKING
> > OVER YOUR HOUSE AND KICKING YOU OUT WITH ALL MY
> > DEVELOPER FRIENDS
>
>
> I don't know which I find more amusing...This
> thread or your blog postings. Just how high were
> you when you posted that crap? A half-retarded
> blind ape, has more saavy when it comes to
> understanding the complexities of Tysons Corner
> how the changes the housing in the area will
> result in a downward spin. I wonder how long it
> will be before you move out of Tysons, 1 or 2
> years after the new metro station is open for
> business? I can't imagine you'll like your car
> getting broken into everyday from either the riff
> raff that will live there or the riff raff that
> will ride out to VA.

Hahaha, yes because thats exactly what happened in Arlington, Alexandria, and countless other areas.

You crack me up dude.

WATCH OUT HERE COME ALL THOSE PG COUNTY GUYS!

Trolls be trippin, trolls be trippin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 01:56PM by Tysons Engineer.

Date: June 13, 2013 01:58PM

PS my car is in a locked below grade high-rise garage. Good luck stealing it. Feel free, its a shitty 2005 honda civic with 150k on it. Its worth more to me stolen than it is not.

And now the spiraling out of control evidence

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2001-15th-St-N-APT-510-Arlington-VA-22201/72448760_zpid/

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1849-N-Uhle-Street-Arlington-VA-22201/2112651879_zpid/

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2220-N-Fairfax-Dr-406-Arlington-VA-22201/2113326037_zpid/

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1201-N-Garfield-St-APT-307-Arlington-VA-22201/72468246_zpid/

Oh no, save me from the stable if not upward trending housing prices and easy commute!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2013 02:04PM by Tysons Engineer.

Posted by: harMonica ()
Date: June 13, 2013 04:28PM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> I may be old and I may be ugly, but it doesn't
> mean that I'm wrong. I've got more fight in a
> fraction of me, than you have in your whole body.
> I fight for the little guy, those people in the
> county that work hard for their living. Where were
> you during the hearings? Where were you when the
> county tried to pull a fast one and bring in shady
> developers?

Bob, I've been following this thread closely and have determined something quite interesting from your posts. I figure out that the rightest thing about you is that you are ALWAYS wrong. That's what's so right about you Bob. Everytime you post something we can now all assume that the opposite is actually true.

Thank you for providing this invaluable service Bob. We are truly in your debt.

Date: June 13, 2013 05:51PM

harMonica Wrote:
> Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> -----
> > I may be old and I may be ugly, but it doesn't
> > mean that I'm wrong. I've got more fight in a
> > fraction of me, than you have in your whole
> body.
> > I fight for the little guy, those people in the
> > county that work hard for their living. Where
> were
> > you during the hearings? Where were you when
> the
> > county tried to pull a fast one and bring in
> shady
> > developers?
>
>
> Bob, I've been following this thread closely and
> have determined something quite interesting from
> your posts. I figure out that the rightest thing
> about you is that you are ALWAYS wrong. That's
> what's so right about you Bob. Everytime you post
> something we can now all assume that the opposite
> is actually true.
>
> Thank you for providing this invaluable service
> Bob. We are truly in your debt.

I'm not really Bob, I just like posing as him to piss off Tysons Engineer. Mission Acccomplished! ;)

Date: June 13, 2013 06:51PM

Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> harMonica Wrote:
> -----
> > Bob Bruhns Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I may be old and I may be ugly, but it
> doesn't
> > > mean that I'm wrong. I've got more fight in a
> > > fraction of me, than you have in your whole
> > body.
> > > I fight for the little guy, those people in
> the
> > > county that work hard for their living. Where
> > were
> > > you during the hearings? Where were you when
> > the
> > > county tried to pull a fast one and bring in
> > shady
> > > developers?
> >
> >
> > Bob, I've been following this thread closely
> and
> > have determined something quite interesting
> from
> > your posts. I figure out that the rightest
> thing
> > about you is that you are ALWAYS wrong. That's
> > what's so right about you Bob. Everytime you
> post
> > something we can now all assume that the
> opposite
> > is actually true.
> >
> > Thank you for providing this invaluable service
> > Bob. We are truly in your debt.
>
> I'm not really Bob, I just like posing as him to
> piss off Tysons Engineer. Mission Acccomplished!
> ;)

1st of all, that last post is not Bob Bruhns, Ive gotten into plenty of arguments with that octogenarian curmudgeon to know how he speaks. It was spot on for most of the posts above, and completely different in the last one.

2ndly, I enjoy making fun of Bob "wants to be a cost estimator" Bruhns. The fool who screams about government waste when it only involves transit, never about the billions that are wasted on roads, over priced government facilities, etc. It entertained me a lot more than the phony storm that went through today supposedly.

Lastly, the only person I get pissed about is the one who calls me a developer. Anyone who knows me, who reads what I write, knows that I am not a developer because I am equally complimentary as I am critical of almost every project in Tysons.

I am not such a demonizing blow hard to say that "developers" are the big bad evil guys like some people in NOVA though. Those projects they complete bring a lot of outside investment money and jobs into this area, lowering the lease costs for commercial space making this area more attractive for businesses to relocate. The biggest bitch people have about them is how they didnt pay towards infrastructure before. Please tell me how that is the case now where they have 3 separate tax districts overlain on them. I think that fact should be noted, unlike the developers in this area that build sprawl projects with no money towards infrastructure and stay below the radar popping a few million at a time arguing every single proffer that comes at them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2013 11:13AM by Tysons Engineer.

Posted by: Pocket Protector ()
Date: June 14, 2013 10:48AM

Ahh.....forgot what I wanted to type.

Date: June 14, 2013 11:13AM

Pocket Protector Wrote:
> Ahh.....forgot what I wanted to type.

Best post so far on this thread.

Posted by: h4DWX ()
Date: June 14, 2013 07:32PM

$$$=0 Wrote:
> Tysons Engineer Wrote:
> -----
> > The little brain with the pseudo religious
> babble,
>
> Some men climb mountains. Other visit the moon.
> And a few dwell on a overgrown area that they have
> no stake in.
> I'm sorry but Tyson's isn't Rome. Tyson's Corner
> is a fifty year fuck up and they want another
> forty to correct. No wonder the has been Corp's
> are attracted to the area.
> The one thing Tyson's has in common with Rome is
> they both have a history of selling out.
> Maybe two. The water tastes like shit.
> Don't put your eggs in one basket.

agree.

Date: June 17, 2013 11:09AM

The difference is the numbers almost never seem to line up. That's due to a number of reasons, many legitimate, with changes being made that result in some cost changes. We disagree on a number of points obviously, but I think its fair to say that someone should take notice when there are significant discrepancies. I don't call that a "Conspiracy Theory", I call that common sense.

Posted by: Mike Savageberg ()
Date: June 17, 2013 08:47PM

Old Farte broke wind,"Hmmm...didnt Virginia recently pass something that disallowed eminent domain when the property is simply turned over to a commercial establishment?"
Somebody needs to get Myra Ashley to call AG Cucinelli and explain her situation. I'd love to see libetarian Cucinelli support this womans case against the so called liberals that run the Fairfax County Board.

They pretend to be sympathetic to the poor and downtrodden but when it comes to money they'll try and stick it too you.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.