HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
John's Place bar ffx city kamp washington area
Posted by: wally pip ()
Date: August 04, 2010 02:15AM

Anyone been in there looks kind of nice from outside and the rooftop terrace looks good for a cigar and beer and watching the traffic go by and the moon come up but this bar has been there decades and once upon a time was a real bikers hangout, not like 90% of the phony baloney bikers who act like swinging dicks on weekends around here these days, notice very few motorcycles outside the place nowadays
it be okay for the meek and mild?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: John's Place bar ffx city kamp washington area
Posted by: Troll@AOL ()
Date: August 04, 2010 02:17AM

Nobody cares.

==================================================================================
"Why don't you LOSERS just pack your flower print DOUCHE BAGS
and get your stoopid @$$#$ THE FUCK OFF MY INTERNETZ!"

- 'philscamms' (the YT Watchdog) ; internet & YouTube® extraordinaire.

Posted by: guy ()
Date: August 04, 2010 02:32AM

I went there a few years ago, they had a bunch of bangin pinball machines in the place. wasnt to rough, nothing I couldnt handle. Id say try it out, and let us know how the roof top terrace is...

Date: August 04, 2010 04:39AM

What an honor it is to be trolled by the master

troll on Troll@AOL
if you are the original one

Posted by: ffx oldie ()
Date: August 05, 2010 10:11AM

that place has been a dump for a half a century,in the 60's it was the green dolphin home of the trailer crowd from the old holly hill across the street,next it was the new orleans chef,rumor was it was owned by the pagan's.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: August 05, 2010 11:09AM

John's place is a dive but lots of fun. John's is full of a mixed crowd; retired plumbers, VFW, some real bikers, office crowd pinball players and occasionally a yuppie with a cool girlfriend. Not a date place unless she is a huge biker bar fan. Something like 20 pinball machines and pinball leagues on Monday night I think. The reason I went was to play pinball and drink beers.

You can smoke in the bar area. The waitresses are usually a little biker-ish and the beers are cheap. It's a fun place if you're looking for no dress code, smoking and a very diverse crowd. Wheel of Fortune is really big among some of the regulars. And yes, the plumbers etc... are REALLY good at Wheel of Fortune.

I was in there one night and one of the regulars headed out the door and said "Tell John I'll pay him next week when I get my check." The bartender just gave a grin and continued on.

Posted by: Cap'n Phil ()
Date: August 05, 2010 11:14AM

Don't eat the clams.

Posted by: Expensive Jeans ()
Date: August 05, 2010 12:51PM

I did actually go there one time. Driven by it so many times, noticed the little rooftop area on top that said "now open" - this was last summer.

My friend and I stopped in around 6:30 after work on a Friday.

Upon entering it was the equivalent of the record scratching, turning off, and every head at the bar turning to look at my friend and I. Like we were fucking aliens. We were dressed in casual Friday 20'something clothing. The bar tender smiled and said "you guys are probably looking for upstairs".

Went up to the rooftop. You go through what appear to be the gates of hell through through a back door and up the stairs. There was only one patron there, sitting at the bar - who I assumed to be the bartenders boyfriend judging by the body language and the way they were conversing.

We got a table away from the bar, to give them their privacy. She came over and was friendly enough. And very....well, open about a problem she was having that day; being she had forgotten a certain prescription medication that after prolonged use can lead to physical dependency. She was suffering as a result, and again...mentioned that several times.

I remember bees buzzing around like there was a nest in the close vicinity. And I kept thinking I would be stung. As these were, for some reason, aggressive bees. If memory serves. But I digress.

Regardless of the bartenders personal dilemma, she was quick with the cold Miller Lights and was friendly enough. Presumably from Manassas.

Conclusion: I don't want to do damage to an institutional Fairfax bar such as John's Place, but I won't return. The rooftop with the little lights strung up does look enticing as you drive by, but it wasn't quite as it seemed. And let's not kid ourselves. It's a seedy as fuck place meant for blue collars, bikers, trailer park folks, et al. but if that's your scene, go for it. I'm sure there is fun to be had -- just not for myself or anyone I was with.

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: August 05, 2010 02:23PM

Expensive Jeans.!.!.!.

What are you doing back here on FU.com???

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: August 05, 2010 02:26PM

He never left.

Date: August 05, 2010 02:39PM

You know you tell a good story expensive jeans but actually you made the place sound more enticing too me add a rockabilly band in there on friday/ saturday nights and i'm there

frankly i miss the redneck days of fairfax i'm tired of all the 20something bars around here
its getting too the point i want to grab one of them 20 somethings by the neck and pull a tongue out and that ain't good for my high blood pressure

for your next adventure expensive jeans try one of them nondescript cement block bars down south at some out of the way crossroads now that can be way interesting with stories for a lifetime, if you come out in one piece
say your name is earl and tell some "you might be a redneck" jokes

Date: August 05, 2010 02:57PM

justsayin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He never left.

No, I did leave.

But yes, I occasionally come back on to see what's going on. Unfortunately, not very much. So I just peak through some threads and move along about my internet rounds. The John's Place post caught my eye because I've always been fascinated with the place, and wanted to share my one experience there.

I really don't post anywhere. I just write emails to my friends instead because I do like to type and that for now is my only outlet.

Everything written on public forums is too...permanent, for my liking. And then you get all spooked and have to go through and delete all your posts, a la 'Hootz. (and me, about 6 months ago. As I mentioned it took about 5 man hours to delete my posting history. I only left posts that I didn't care if family/friends/work ever saw. But the problem is people will quote you in the post, so your nasty little messages are stuck there forever).

The whole poster x = poster y = poster z just got got to me. I didn't like being accused of being every poster on the site, anon or registered. That and the fact people were trying to tie me to/as someone on the site doing illegal (felonious) things. That was too much. Also I can't make a post without writing like 10 paragraphs so it was eating up a lot of time which I don't have a lot of to begin with so I just bailed on the whole message board posting thing. I started a blog but forgot the password to it and could never retrieve it so I bailed on that too.

But for the record, and truthfully, FFXU is bookmarked and always will be until this place gets shut down. I also don't like the death threads. My anonymous internet heart is as cold and black as the next guys, but people just crossed the line. I used to "troll" the threads writing kind words about the deceased instead of making fun of them. I know this isn't a "memorial site", but. C'mon.

edit; fixed error in first sentence of post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2010 03:01PM by Expensive Jeans.

Posted by: A question ()
Date: August 05, 2010 03:03PM

Expensive Jeans Wrote:
> And then you get
> all spooked and have to go through and delete all
> your posts, a la 'Hootz.

What do you mean?

Posted by: Observation ()
Date: August 05, 2010 03:06PM

This Expensive Jeans is unusually intellectual and insightful, definitely something you don't see often on message boards. The site should embrace posters like Expensive Jeans, who makes it quite clear that he is boarding on a high level.

Date: August 05, 2010 03:10PM

A question Wrote:
> Expensive Jeans Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And then you get
> > all spooked and have to go through and delete
> all
> > your posts, a la 'Hootz.
>
>
>
>
> What do you mean?

My intent is not to talk about Inkahootz here. Our past conflicts on this site are old news. And in reality were always blown out of proportion and often times I was framed as trolling him. Yes of course I trolled him but it was only under my registered name. And it was always in good fun. Nothing viscous. Only words on the internet -- never did I attempt to encroach upon anyone's "in real life" on this site.

But as I understand - (and similar to myself, as I pointed out) - he went through the pain-staking effort of deleting his posting history. To answer your question, anonymous poster above.

That is all. No additional comments on 'hootz.

edit; To Gravis or whoever is moderating the IRC room now. I was perma-banned over one year ago for talking to myself for over an hour. That was over a year ago and I would like to request the IP ban be lifted. I enjoy chatting in there when it is slow at work late on Friday afternoons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2010 03:21PM by Expensive Jeans.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: August 05, 2010 03:49PM

EJ,

The IRC Chat room has been down for a couple of month since a server change and has not returned.

Date: August 05, 2010 04:57PM

Lurker. Wrote:
> EJ,
>
> The IRC Chat room has been down for a couple of
> month since a server change and has not returned.

Lurker,

Gotcha - makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Posted by: trufer ()
Date: August 07, 2010 06:53PM

> Expensive Jeans Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > And then you get
> > all spooked and have to go through and delete
> all
> > your posts, a la 'Hootz.

lies...eesh deleted all of inka's posts

Posted by: Jini ()
Date: February 26, 2014 01:07AM

Sorry to see the place close up. I remember the 'Chef' from the 80's. Good ol biker days.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.