HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
More Recruits for Edison Girls
Posted by: Ridiculous ()
Date: February 02, 2014 12:51PM

Has anything been done about Edison High School girls program actively recruiting players to come and play ball at their school? Word is that Jasmine Taylor from West Springfield has enrolled at Edison after leaving West Springfield. Has anyone actively looked into what's going on with that program??? Secondly, why would Jasmine Taylor leave a team that is 17-1 and she is the second leading scorer??? The state may as well allow recruiting so that at least everyone can be on the same playing field.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: More Recruits for Edison Girls
Posted by: Herp Derp ()
Date: February 02, 2014 01:02PM

Ridiculous Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anything been done about Edison High School
> girls program actively recruiting players to come
> and play ball at their school? Word is that
> Jasmine Taylor from West Springfield has enrolled
> at Edison after leaving West Springfield. Has
> anyone actively looked into what's going on with
> that program??? Secondly, why would Jasmine Taylor
> leave a team that is 17-1 and she is the second
> leading scorer??? The state may as well allow
> recruiting so that at least everyone can be on the
> same playing field.

She moved, genius.

Posted by: You Don't Know 'Nah ()
Date: February 03, 2014 04:19PM

Its funny how people just throw out assumptions like they know it to be gospel. Do you know for a fact that Edison's coach "actively recruited her?" People act so "I walk the straight and narrow! There ain't a parent out there that won't do what is best for the children, in any situation!

What one should really look at, why would she leave, or parents pull her from an undefeated team where she is the second leading scorer? Not to mention forgo the rest of the season, so it can't be just about hoops???? They left the entire school, not just the team. There has to be some type of issue / problem within the walls.

I wish this young lady all the best, and hope that everything is alright.

Posted by: Spartan ()
Date: February 04, 2014 11:05AM

Mom wants her to be the star on the team and she is not/ will not because there are other players that are much, much better then she is. Only goes right, plays no defense. Not very well liked on the team so this will help WS not hurt WS. Heard that Edison coach really does not want her on that team so they might of made a big mistake going there. If they did move this is the 3 rd time they have moved to change high schools so maybe it's them not the schools. This is the worst thing they could do, keep moving schools/ teams till you get the fit you want. Why not adjust and play as the team does?

Posted by: Bball Fan ()
Date: February 04, 2014 12:08PM

First I do not agree with any adult speaking on a TEENAGERS character. With that being said, I am extremely saddened that parents promote this type of behavior for their young children. This will only carry over in her adulthood and unfortunately it won't be her fault. She will only be a product of what her parents allowed her to be. I will also say that WS has an amazing program with a coach that any player could learn a lot from. The team is winning and each player has a role...even if they do not like that role. You adapt, you become what is needed of you and you put your pride to the side. That is the making of an exceptional athlete. I will always pull for this young lady no matter where she is. I unfortunately just think that it was a huge mistake for selfish reasons.

Posted by: Aau ()
Date: February 04, 2014 12:30PM

If she is not a good player and does not help the team, how did they lose to T.C. Williams without her and beat Tc earlier this season with her check your facts

Posted by: myMxK ()
Date: February 04, 2014 12:48PM

You know what, you can all go fuck yourselves. High school sports are a joke, ESPECIALLY girls basketball. You're clearly all adults speculating about a minor on an anonymous, public forum because you don't have the spine to actively do something about it. Get a fucking life.

This whole passive-aggressive, "I wish her the best" bullshit is pathetic as well. Admit that you're an adult that's jealous over the dealings of a minor high school student. Fucking bottom feeders.

Posted by: an anon friend ()
Date: February 04, 2014 03:31PM

Ridiculous Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anything been done about Edison High School
> girls program actively recruiting players to come
> and play ball at their school? Word is that
> Jasmine Taylor from West Springfield has enrolled
> at Edison after leaving West Springfield. Has
> anyone actively looked into what's going on with
> that program??? Secondly, why would Jasmine Taylor
> leave a team that is 17-1 and she is the second
> leading scorer??? The state may as well allow
> recruiting so that at least everyone can be on the
> same playing field.

I know exactly who you are and I feel sorry for you. Since you gained that weight, it is not surprising your husband has wandering eyes. I saw him in the grocery store looking at other women.

That being said, I am sorry you are fat and trying to live your life through your child. It must be hard knowing that the neighbors in our community are laughing at you behind your back.

Hang in there, please. The last thing our neighborhood need is a suicide. Get counseling, you really need it.

Love you!

Posted by: Not playing ()
Date: February 05, 2014 11:21PM

The mom is upset she's the second leading scorer at West Springfield. Who pulls their daughter because she's #2? Edison coach told her you're welcome to join us next year but we're not adding any new players at this time. Parents are already saying they won't be back because of this. Now she can't go back to WS. She had tried to go to private schools before this school year. That didn't work as she's not good enough to play in the WCAC. The parents need to be put in check. They don't get that neither school needs or wants her. One great player with major attitude does not help a winning team it only hurts it. Best for her to sit this year out and get her head on right. They beat TC at the beginning of the season by 1. Check your facts TC has been improving ever since they got their asses handed to them by Edison. Not surprised they were able to get the win. With or without her TC would've won.

Posted by: Not playing ()
Date: February 23, 2014 08:06AM

Congrats to WS girls, conference 7 champs! Great game against TC in the final. TC looked tired at the end and #12 was playing hurt, but WS showed its depth and that they haven't missed a beat since the player departure drama. Berglund got her usual points, #10 played very quick, #3 is a legit shooter,and #2 handled the ball very well. Also, #21, #5, and #33 play both inside and out. Will be interesting to see them match up with South Lakes in Regionals. South Lakes crushed Madison in their conference final. #50 Agiyere gets less pub than Rendle from south Lakes or Koshuta from Madison but she is a difference maker and best rebounder in the Northern Region. Oakton's win in their conference final was impressive with a young squad, they seem to be on a collision course with TC. Should be a very good Regional tourney this year, with some interesting match ups. Could we see another WS-Oakton/Gibson-Priester show down in the final?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.