HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax County Police Officer runs stop sign
Posted by: laughing in tysons ()
Date: January 30, 2014 02:30PM

Fairfax creates a new police team in Tysons. It is just a spin on what patrol officers have been doing for years. By putting a label on it, somebody is probably going to get promoted. So they put a video out on it at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN7tFABYBZs

Check out the 1:20 mark where the Fairfax County Police supervisor driving his marked cruiser rolls through a stop sign. Rolling stops are not allowed in Virginia and many people have received tickets for it. He did not completely stop. So is Internal Affairs going to give the police officer a ticket for it? It is on video. You know who it is. It is Riddle's Sergeant who is driving the police car. How embarrassing- when the Police Department puts out a video showing it's own officers violating the traffic laws.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax County Police Officer runs stop sign
Posted by: write em up ()
Date: January 30, 2014 02:45PM

VA State Code says STOP, not roll through.

ยง 46.2-821. Vehicles before entering certain highways shall stop or yield right-of-way.

The driver of a vehicle approaching an intersection on a highway controlled by a stop sign shall, immediately before entering such intersection, stop at a clearly marked stop line, or, in the absence of a stop line, stop before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection, or, in the absence of a marked crosswalk, stop at the point nearest the intersecting roadway where the driver has a view of approaching traffic on the intersecting roadway. Before proceeding, he shall yield the right-of-way to the driver of any vehicle approaching on such other highway from either direction.

So if the police say it is acceptable, why did my brother get a ticket for doing the same thing years ago? That supervisor needs to be held accountable.

Posted by: Citizens arrest ()
Date: January 30, 2014 07:05PM

We need Gomer!

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efgLHgsBmM

Citizens Arrest.

Posted by: Private property ()
Date: January 30, 2014 09:09PM

If that sign is on private property, you don't have to stop. So basically all those cute little stop signs in mall and shopping center parking lots are nothing more than suggestions.

Posted by: If You Dont Stop ()
Date: January 30, 2014 09:20PM

You hit some one even on private property that can go against you in a civil lawsuit. Sign says Stop. So Stop. Pretty simple

Posted by: Private property ()
Date: January 30, 2014 09:43PM

^ You're right; however they are not subject to police enforcement so you do not have to stop. Plain and simple. Civil and criminal courts and procedures are totally different.

Posted by: write em up ()
Date: January 31, 2014 08:57AM

Still...not the kind of example you want to portray on a Department issued video.

Posted by: Ticket ()
Date: January 31, 2014 10:40AM

Trust me if I did that I would get ticket from FCPD.

Posted by: Driving Test ()
Date: January 31, 2014 10:50AM

I took my driving road test at the Franconia DMV; I had been tipped off that the toughest tester was this Indian guy, and I got him for my test -- but I knew his trick. After you've done your little roll around Beulah and Franconia, and are literally back in the DMV parking lot, he directs you to the back of the lot -- where's there's a stop sign right at the back. I know he failed at least one person for not coming to a full stop there. I stopped COMPLETELY, paused, and continued on to park. I passed.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.