HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Did you shovel your sidewalk yet?
Posted by: snow way ()
Date: January 22, 2014 10:43AM

Has anyone shoveled yet? Was it just fluffy snow or was there ice? I'm waiting until it's at least 10 degrees out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Did you shovel your sidewalk yet?
Posted by: Curmudgeon ()
Date: January 22, 2014 10:55AM

fluffy. takes about 30 seconds for a sidewalk.

Posted by: NovaMan ()
Date: January 22, 2014 10:58AM

No, I used a snowblower.

Posted by: CcUbe ()
Date: January 22, 2014 11:28AM

snow way Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone shoveled yet? Was it just fluffy snow
> or was there ice? I'm waiting until it's at least
> 10 degrees out.

Fluffy. Got my driveway and sidewalk, plus old neighbor's driveway and sidewalk done in less than an hour. Which is pretty good time for me.

Posted by: ..... ()
Date: January 22, 2014 11:55AM

I'm waiting for the Mormons to come by and do it for me.

Posted by: Not a Negrow ()
Date: January 22, 2014 11:59AM

Yes,I am a white man who shovels his sidewslk.Time to go out a pack of Kools.

Posted by: and by ()
Date: January 22, 2014 12:11PM

No, shoveling just encourages yellow snow.

Posted by: slubdawg ()
Date: January 22, 2014 12:29PM

I know someone who lived in a small town in PA. There was a city or town or burrough ordinace that each homeowner was responsible for clearing their sidewalk and gutter in front of their property. Amazing! In this county people would complain that the county didn't clear it for them.

Posted by: all the way with the KKK ()
Date: January 22, 2014 12:39PM

Not a Negrow Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes,I am a white man who shovels his sidewslk.Time
> to go out a pack of Kools.

Here, here!!!!! Spot on with the first sentence. I live in a townhouse community and have Alah Snackbar living nextdoor to me. They do nothing when it comes to maintaining the outside of their dwelling. I remember when their yard was getting to the point of "out of control" and nothing was done until an elderly White man cut their grass and still does it. When it comes to shovelling snow, NOPE, they don't do that either. All I can say is that the sidewalk is the owner's responsibility to clear after inclement weather.

Posted by: Ice troll ()
Date: January 22, 2014 12:41PM

It was fluffy except where the snow plow dumped a foot and a half of compacted snow in front of my driveway.

Posted by: justcheckin ()
Date: January 22, 2014 01:34PM

I thought democrats were in charge of this area? I have just assumed they would take care of it for me, haven't touched a flake.

Posted by: Questioner ()
Date: January 22, 2014 02:59PM

What is the extent of my responsibility to keep my walks cleared? I am currently out of town on business and my neighbor called this morning to say his wife had slipped and broken her ankle on my sidewalk and he wants me to pay her medical bills. How the fuck can I clear my sidewalk when I'm not even in the state?

Posted by: badneighbors ()
Date: January 22, 2014 03:04PM

This morning, my wife and i were having a lovely stroll out in our neighborhood when we came across a un-shoveled sidewalk. The roads were filled with sand, and my wife did not want to get her UGGs dirty, so we walked on the un-shoveled sidewalk. Mid-way through, my wife fell and broke her ankle. I called the owner of the house to complain and he said that it was not his responsibility. When I heard that, I got mad, and so I broke into his house, took a dump in his fishtank, and got the fuck out.

I hope he doesn't find out it was me!

Posted by: ariens ()
Date: January 22, 2014 03:05PM

I fired up my snow thrower for the first time in a few years. I wouldn't have bothered for just my house---easier to shovel than horse that beast around. But I always do five of my neighbors' driveways and sidewalks too.

The stuff is fluffy so it threw it very well with no clogging. But it took a deft hand on the electric chute control to get the stuff where I wanted it.

Posted by: Questioner ()
Date: January 22, 2014 03:06PM

So I just got home a couple minutes ago, and my house smelled BAD! Apparently, someone had broken in and discharged feces into my fish tank! He killed my fishies! I will never forget this day...

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.