HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Mega Millions- Did Anybody FairFax County Win A Million? I know $1 Million was won in Kentucky and Annapolis
Posted by: Blue Horseshoe ()
Date: December 18, 2013 09:49AM

Mega Millions- Did Anybody FairFax County Win A Million? I know $1 Million was won in Kentucky and Annapolis.

Where is the list of the 20 million dollar winners cities?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mega Millions- Did Anybody FairFax County Win A Million? I know $1 Million was won in Kentucky and Annapolis
Posted by: this area is fucked ()
Date: December 18, 2013 09:55AM

This area doesn't win the BIG ONE because not enough people play it because everyone in this area are just tooooo rich to waste their money when they have money.

Besides, 1 million dollars in this area won't go far anyway.

Re: Mega Millions- Did Anybody FairFax County Win A Million? I know $1 Million was won in Kentucky and Annapolis
Posted by: NoaH! ()
Date: December 18, 2013 10:03AM

this area is fucked Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This area doesn't win the BIG ONE because not
> enough people play it because everyone in this
> area are just tooooo rich to waste their money
> when they have money.
>
> Besides, 1 million dollars in this area won't go
> far anyway.

That's not correct. Several big winners have hit from the Herndon Giant and one was from a wealthy family in Great Falls.

Posted by: End Is near ()
Date: December 18, 2013 10:05AM

Some people have all the luck. Brian McCarthy, son of millionaire Marriott president Robert McCarthy, can add an extra $107 million to his family fortune from the Virginia lottery.

The 25-year-old bachelor bought five tickets on a whim at the Herndon, Va., grocery store Giant. He had gone in to use the ATM and bought five tickets without even knowing how much the prize money was. He didn't even pick personal lucky numbers, letting the computer pick them for him.

A few days later, he checked Facebook for the winning numbers and got the surprise of a lifetime.

"I jumped out of bed, poured my wallet out and looked at the numbers and I had the ticket," McCarthy told ABC's Washington D.C. affiliate WJLA.

When McCarthy collected the money, he chose to take the lump sum instead of receiving the money in yearly payments over the course of 26 years. The lump sum totaled $68 million before taxes.

"I'd like my family to be able to enjoy it as much as I can. And also help out some charities along the way," McCarthy said.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.