HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Virginia’s Republican AG candidate targets two-day gap in Fairfax ballot delivery -
Posted by: Northern VA Politics ()
Date: December 13, 2013 07:24AM

Virginia’s Republican AG candidate targets two-day gap in Fairfax ballot delivery
http://townhall.com/watchdog/virginia/2013/12/12/virginia-attorney-general-3-n3575

FAIRFAX, Va. — An apparent two-day discrepancy in the delivery of ballots from two voting precincts is fueling a dispute in the already-heated Virginia attorney general recount contest.

Attorneys for Republican Mark Obenshain, who Democrat Mark Herring edged by 165 votes in the closest statewide race in Virginia history, are raising “ballot security issues” in Fairfax County, the state’s largest county.

Citing reports of boxes of voted and unused ballots stored in a warehouse after the Nov. 5 election, Obenshain attorney William Hurd accused county officials of presenting conflicting timelines.

One account said the ballots were delivered to the county clerk’s office “by staff” on Nov. 18, the day they were discovered. Yet the clerk’s certification states that the ballots were received on Nov. 20.

“This two-day gap is especially troubling since it involves not only ballots that were presumably cast legitimately on Election Day, but also unused ballots that could, in the wrong hands, provide a means for tampering,” Hurd said.

“Now we’ve got to figure out what did happen and whether these were the same ballots that were cast on Election Day,” he said.

CHECKING VOTES: Republican attorney general candidate Mark Obenshain sees potential problems in Fairfax County.
Attachments:
markobenshain-300x240.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Virginia’s Republican AG candidate targets two-day gap in Fairfax ballot delivery -
Posted by: Northern VA Politics ()
Date: December 13, 2013 07:25AM

(Cont...)

“The two precincts under scrutiny — Virginia Run and Tysons — reported 1,072 votes for Obenshain and 1,071 for Herring, according to the State Board of Elections. Herring carried the county 184,963 to 117,425.

Brian Schoeneman, secretary for the Fairfax Election Board, told Watchdog.org that “all of these ballots were counted on Election Day — there was never a question of that.”

“The question the Obenshain campaign is raising is whether those ballots were somehow tampered with because they weren’t immediately taken to the courthouse by the statutory deadline. We are confident that those ballots were not tampered with and can be accounted for,” Schoeneman said.

Herring attorney Marc Elias, according to the Washington Post, called it “telling” that Obenshain’s team has complained about ballot security in Fairfax and has pushed for immediate access to poll books.

Those issues would not come into play in the recount but could form the basis for an eventual contest in the General Assembly, the Post reported.

Despite the lag time and discrepancies in ballot delivery — as well as the unknown number of unmarked ballots — Schoeneman said, “the ballots were still secure.”

“Thanks to our very strict chain of custody procedures for voted and unvoted ballots, all of the ballots (both voted and unvoted) were in sealed boxes, within a locked and sealed cart, transported by Office of Elections staff to Fairfax County’s secure warehouse, where they were deposited within a gated, locked section of that warehouse that is monitored by video cameras 24 hours a day,” Schoeneman told Watchdog.

Obenshain’s camp says Fairfax officials have not fully addressed the core concerns.

“Ballot security is an extremely important part of protecting the right to vote, and we are distressed by the lapse in ballot security in Fairfax County. Restoring public confidence requires, at a minimum, a full disclosure of the facts,” Hurd wrote in a letter to Fairfax officials.

Without casting final judgment, Reagan George, head of the Virginia Voters Alliance, said, “It appears that mistakes were made and procedures were not followed.”

SECURE: Fairfax Election Board Secretary maintains that the ballots in question were secure at all times.
Attachments:
brianschoeneman-300x203.jpg

Re: Virginia’s Republican AG candidate targets two-day gap in Fairfax ballot delivery -
Posted by: Republican versus Republican? ()
Date: December 13, 2013 07:29AM

Am I hearing this right? Republican attorney general candidate Mark Obenshain is accusing Brian Schoeneman, secretary for the Fairfax Election Board (and Republican) of ballot hijicks?

Posted by: This is a Big Problem ()
Date: December 13, 2013 07:34AM

This can be a big problem. Why is Fairfax re-writing the rules for the election. They kept the option for provisional ballots to be followed up on for a period of three additional days.

During the investigation and the recount, I feel Mr. Herring's slight gap or lead of a hundred and 60 or so votes, could vaporize real quickly. Or, they might find another Hefty bag of ballots in a dumpster and this could then benefit Mr. Herring. However, since it was over a month ago from when the election was held, I think maybe the possibility of finding more ballots in the dumpster, might not really happen due to frequent trash pickups.

The saga continues ...

Posted by: This is a Big Problem ()
Date: December 13, 2013 07:40AM

Republican versus Republican? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Am I hearing this right? Republican attorney
> general candidate Mark Obenshain is accusing Brian
> Schoeneman, secretary for the Fairfax Election
> Board (and Republican) of ballot hijicks?

Yes, this appears to be the case. But, the challenge by the Obenshain camp is entirely warranted. This whole process deserves a more thorough review due to all the questions that were not answered on the other "found" ballots. Yet, they claim there were no additional ballots, and that was just a rumor.

As far as a Republican calling out a Republican on this, it is very much a possibility. Just because they are of the same party, the GOP, this means very little.

Meanwhile, I will make some popcorn to watch this unravel.

Now, we'll await some stupid response from Gerrymanderer2 that has no real connection to the issue, but will indicate once again, that he is a very clueless person. He also might be rabid as his Liberal tendencies have him foaming at the mouth quite often. Get your shots, just in case!

Posted by: Opinionated Voter ()
Date: December 13, 2013 07:45AM

I just see this as another way for Republicans to hold onto power and not let anything like "Commmon Sense" or the "Law" interfere in their constant grabs for power. Obenshain you lost! Whether it was by one vote or a hundred, you lost. Now you're dragging down what's left of your diginity and your party. When you lose an election, be honorable...Congratulate the winner and move on, and stop wasting my tax dollars!

Posted by: Deal with it.... ()
Date: December 13, 2013 07:51AM

yup...
Attachments:
butthurt2.jpg

Posted by: I'm an Independent Voter ()
Date: December 13, 2013 07:59AM

Opinionated Voter Wrote:
> I just see this as another way for Republicans to
> hold onto power and not let anything like "Commmon
> Sense" or the "Law" interfere in their constant
> grabs for power. Obenshain you lost! Whether it
> was by one vote or a hundred, you lost. Now you're
> dragging down what's left of your diginity and
> your party. When you lose an election, be
> honorable...Congratulate the winner and move on,
> and stop wasting my tax dollars!

Why do you say that this? Remember back in 2000? It was Al Gore that was challenging the votes, and he demanded a recount in some areas. Did it hurt the credibility of the Democratic party? Not really. In fact, they spun this, as well as other incidents so well -- and pandered to so many need people - who turned out to be votes for them. They had a good model on getting more votes.

Posted by: Opinionated Voter ()
Date: December 13, 2013 08:01AM

I'm an Independent Voter Wrote:
> Opinionated Voter Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I just see this as another way for Republicans
> to
> > hold onto power and not let anything like
> "Commmon
> > Sense" or the "Law" interfere in their constant
> > grabs for power. Obenshain you lost! Whether it
> > was by one vote or a hundred, you lost. Now
> you're
> > dragging down what's left of your diginity and
> > your party. When you lose an election, be
> > honorable...Congratulate the winner and move
> on,
> > and stop wasting my tax dollars!
>
>
> Why do you say that this? Remember back in 2000?
> It was Al Gore that was challenging the votes, and
> he demanded a recount in some areas. Did it hurt
> the credibility of the Democratic party? Not
> really. In fact, they spun this, as well as other
> incidents so well -- and pandered to so many need
> people - who turned out to be votes for them.
> They had a good model on getting more votes.

That's a good example and a good point. But here it's different. Granted its a close race, but this is different. I'll bet you that after the recount, Obenshain will still not be satisfied and he'll push this out as long as he can. He probably won't stop until his party comes down on him to "let it go".

Posted by: duhhhh ()
Date: December 13, 2013 08:43AM

Republican versus Republican? Wrote:
> Am I hearing this right? Republican attorney
> general candidate Mark Obenshain is accusing Brian
> Schoeneman, secretary for the Fairfax Election
> Board (and Republican) of ballot hijicks?

Is anyone suprised?

Schoeneman (at least in his interactions here on this board) seems to be a relatively decent guy not prone to exagerrated party-antics BS or a tea party supporter.

It's only a matter of time before the state Republican party pushes him away. God forbid they have someone with a level head in their midst.

Posted by: Brian Schoeneman for Govenor!!! ()
Date: December 13, 2013 11:13AM

duhhhh Wrote:
> Republican versus Republican? Wrote:
> -----
> > Am I hearing this right? Republican attorney
> > general candidate Mark Obenshain is accusing
> Brian
> > Schoeneman, secretary for the Fairfax Election
> > Board (and Republican) of ballot hijicks?
>
>
> Is anyone suprised?
>
> Schoeneman (at least in his interactions here on
> this board) seems to be a relatively decent guy
> not prone to exagerrated party-antics BS or a tea
> party supporter.
>
> It's only a matter of time before the state
> Republican party pushes him away. God forbid they
> have someone with a level head in their midst.

This is a good point. I used to love the Republicans, but have started to really hate them in the past 10 years. Brian reminds me of what the Republican party used to be..."Sane".

Posted by: Weasel ovaries ()
Date: December 13, 2013 11:25AM

I would like to have Gerry Connolly oversee this matter. He is one man you can trust.

Posted by: Mark Obenshain's ovaries ()
Date: December 13, 2013 11:32AM

I would like Mark Obenshain's ovaries to be removed instead of the deer. Anyone who whines as much as he does, definitely has them.

Posted by: Sad State of Affairs ()
Date: December 13, 2013 03:06PM

Obenshain is clearly laying the groundwork for an appeal to the General Assembly. Like a typical fanatic, he won't less this go, nor will his party, until he 'wins'. The one decent player here - Brian Schoeneman - will be considered collateral damage, not that they care.

Posted by: BrianSchoeneman ()
Date: December 13, 2013 03:41PM

This is a Big Problem Wrote:
> This can be a big problem. Why is Fairfax
> re-writing the rules for the election. They kept
> the option for provisional ballots to be followed
> up on for a period of three additional days.
>
> During the investigation and the recount, I feel
> Mr. Herring's slight gap or lead of a hundred and
> 60 or so votes, could vaporize real quickly. Or,
> they might find another Hefty bag of ballots in a
> dumpster and this could then benefit Mr. Herring.
> However, since it was over a month ago from when
> the election was held, I think maybe the
> possibility of finding more ballots in the
> dumpster, might not really happen due to frequent
> trash pickups.
>
> The saga continues ...

Read this: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/elections/releases/1fcebreportonnov2013generalelection.pdf

We have rewritten no rules.

Date: December 13, 2013 03:42PM

Here's the last letter I did to the Obenshain campaign about the "two day" gap issue.

http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/elections/releases/2dec12fcebresponsesecondobenshainletter.pdf

Posted by: Progressive Shit ()
Date: December 13, 2013 04:54PM

Sad State of Affairs Wrote:
> Obenshain is clearly laying the groundwork for an
> appeal to the General Assembly. Like a typical
> fanatic, he won't less this go, nor will his
> party, until he 'wins'. The one decent player here
> - Brian Schoeneman - will be considered collateral
> damage, not that they care.

Because the Democrap party has such a good record of letting things go and moving on. Yeah, right.

Posted by: Brian Schoeneman supporter ()
Date: December 13, 2013 05:08PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Here's the last letter I did to the Obenshain
> campaign about the "two day" gap issue.
>
> http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/elections/releases/2d
> ec12fcebresponsesecondobenshainletter.pdf

Northern VA Politics Wrote:
------------------------------------------------------
> One account said the ballots were delivered to the county
> clerk’s office “by staff” on Nov. 18, the day they were
> discovered. Yet the clerk’s certification states that the
> ballots were received on Nov. 20.

and

> Obenshain’s camp says Fairfax officials have not
> fully addressed the core concerns.
>
> “Ballot security is an extremely important part
> of protecting the right to vote, and we are
> distressed by the lapse in ballot security in
> Fairfax County. Restoring public confidence
> requires, at a minimum, a full disclosure of the
> facts,” Hurd wrote in a letter to Fairfax
> officials.
>
> Without casting final judgment, Reagan George,
> head of the Virginia Voters Alliance, said, “It
> appears that mistakes were made and procedures
> were not followed.”
>
> SECURE: Fairfax Election Board Secretary maintains
> that the ballots in question were secure at all
> times.

Brian, now is the time to call a press conference and go over all the details with the press before this gets to the General Assembly. Go over the existing process, point out its strengths and any previous gaps that have been addressed. An important point that you made is that these ballots were secured in a warehouse with security cameras with 24x7 coverage. Are there 24x7 security staff on hand as well?

Date: December 13, 2013 05:45PM

I don't think it's necessary for a press conference here. I think we've been forthcoming with the campaign and we've answered their questions and are working on their document requests.

I'll be doing a lot of media next week during the recount and I expect to get some questions on the ballot issue then.

In terms of security, we have 24x7 security guards physically at the warehouse in the weeks before the election, but not after. That's what the fence, alarms and video cameras are for.

Posted by: 395runner ()
Date: December 13, 2013 05:59PM

They do need to look into this. If Fairfax is clean it will come out, if not that will too. Stopping it now will leave many thinking something was wrong.

Posted by: Socrates ()
Date: December 13, 2013 06:05PM

Brian, why not let the Federal Govt oversee this? Might I suggest Gerry Connolly and Jim Moran. You could not find two more honest men.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: December 13, 2013 06:13PM

This is a Big Problem Wrote:
> Republican versus Republican? Wrote:
> -----
> > Am I hearing this right? Republican attorney
> > general candidate Mark Obenshain is accusing
> Brian
> > Schoeneman, secretary for the Fairfax Election
> > Board (and Republican) of ballot hijicks?
>
> Yes, this appears to be the case. But, the
> challenge by the Obenshain camp is entirely
> warranted. This whole process deserves a more
> thorough review due to all the questions that were
> not answered on the other "found" ballots. Yet,
> they claim there were no additional ballots, and
> that was just a rumor.
>
> As far as a Republican calling out a Republican on
> this, it is very much a possibility. Just because
> they are of the same party, the GOP, this means
> very little.
>
> Meanwhile, I will make some popcorn to watch this
> unravel.
>
> Now, we'll await some stupid response from
> Gerrymanderer2 that has no real connection to the
> issue, but will indicate once again, that he is a
> very clueless person. He also might be rabid as
> his Liberal tendencies have him foaming at the
> mouth quite often. Get your shots, just in case!

I'm in a silent popcorn mode. Mr. Schoeneman is perfectly capable of defending the election results in Fairfax. The allegations seem to be a stretch and don't make the argument for any misplacement for what were sealed and accounted for votes.

I'm just fascinated with the potential for an Attorney General that lost the popular vote but won by being appointed by the General Assembly. Mr. Obenshain does seem to be positioning himself for such a move.

The reasoning for such a move seems weaker than I had expected it would be. That speaks to the professionalism of this states election officials. All these votes seem to have been fully accounted for at all times and sealed.

Posted by: Mo Free Barry ()
Date: December 13, 2013 06:30PM

gerry no one cares what you think, your reputation as a bleating liberal is well known and therefore discounted.

Posted by: WDN is fair and balanced ()
Date: December 13, 2013 07:27PM

Can someone tell me for the unbiased WORLD DAILY NET what they think what happened?

Posted by: Think Again... ()
Date: December 13, 2013 07:38PM

Mo Free Barry Wrote:
> gerry no one cares what you think, your reputation
> as a bleating liberal is well known and therefore
> discounted.

Not by sane people.

Posted by: Gerrymanderrer2 ()
Date: December 13, 2013 09:17PM

Just by the vast majority of Americans who actually can think for themselves rather than being spoonfed their opinions from the MSM and having their asses wiped by the government. You know, you.

Date: December 13, 2013 09:18PM

^ imposter.

Posted by: Just a thought ()
Date: December 14, 2013 07:07PM

Has anyone else noticed that Obenshain also wasn't the best candidate for the general election but he too benefitted from a last minute endorsement from Ken Cuccinelli (after cuccinelli claimed he would not make an endorsement) at the republican convention that disenfranchised a majority of their party??? Rob Bell would have trounced Herring. He is one of the most tireless campaigners and would not have to try to win by tearing down his own party and folks who are doing their job. Obenshain is an embarrassment.

Date: December 14, 2013 08:18PM

Cuccinelli should be called Mr. Broken promises when it comes to conflicts of interest.

Bobby MickyD was the same way.

Posted by: Brian Schoeneman supporter ()
Date: December 14, 2013 08:28PM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> I don't think it's necessary for a press
> conference here. I think we've been forthcoming
> with the campaign and we've answered their
> questions and are working on their document
> requests.
>
> I'll be doing a lot of media next week during the
> recount and I expect to get some questions on the
> ballot issue then.
>
> In terms of security, we have 24x7 security guards
> physically at the warehouse in the weeks before
> the election, but not after. That's what the
> fence, alarms and video cameras are for.

You can probably expect them to request access to those security tapes. The media that you'll be doing for next week should help. Such a shame that our tax dollars are being used for such a political circus side show.

Date: December 14, 2013 08:40PM

Brian Schoeneman supporter Wrote:
> BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> -----
> > I don't think it's necessary for a press
> > conference here. I think we've been forthcoming
> > with the campaign and we've answered their
> > questions and are working on their document
> > requests.
> >
> > I'll be doing a lot of media next week during
> the
> > recount and I expect to get some questions on
> the
> > ballot issue then.
> >
> > In terms of security, we have 24x7 security
> guards
> > physically at the warehouse in the weeks before
> > the election, but not after. That's what the
> > fence, alarms and video cameras are for.
>
> You can probably expect them to request access to
> those security tapes. The media that you'll be
> doing for next week should help. Such a shame that
> our tax dollars are being used for such a
> political circus side show.

We've pulled the DVR machine and replaced it with a backup so the data on the original is preserved. Our security guys tell me we can provide the campaigns with copies if they want it, but they have not yet asked.

Va. recount in attorney general race begins Monday
Posted by: Recount begins ()
Date: December 17, 2013 07:07AM

Va. recount in attorney general race begins Monday

Historic recount begins Monday in paper-thin race for Virginia attorney general
http://www.wtop.com/149/3524868/Va-recount-in-attorney-general-race-begins-Monday

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - The most extensive recount in modern Virginia political history will involve tens of thousands of people statewide to determine the state's next attorney general.

The recount begins Monday in Fairfax County and the cities of Alexandria and Chesapeake before moving to every jurisdiction in the state on Tuesday and Wednesday. Those three localities get a head start because of the extensive hand counting of ballots entailed in their recount or simply the sheer number of ballots and machines to be checked, which is the case in Fairfax County.

A three-judge recount court will convene on Thursday in Richmond to rule on challenged ballots that emerge from the re-tabulation.

Democrat Mark Herring should know by Friday if his 165-vote edge holds or if Republican Mark Obenshain has picked up enough votes to surpass his fellow state senator --or closed it sufficiently to take it one step further.

Obenshain's camp has signaled the recount might not be the candidate's last gasp. They could play a rare, little-used card, taking the race to the General Assembly as a contested election and letting the Republican-majority body decide the race or call for a new election.

Posted by: Concerned Voters ()
Date: December 17, 2013 09:26AM

BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> Brian Schoeneman supporter Wrote:
> -----
> > BrianSchoeneman Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I don't think it's necessary for a press
> > > conference here. I think we've been
> forthcoming
> > > with the campaign and we've answered their
> > > questions and are working on their document
> > > requests.
> > >
> > > I'll be doing a lot of media next week during
> > the
> > > recount and I expect to get some questions on
> > the
> > > ballot issue then.
> > >
> > > In terms of security, we have 24x7 security
> > guards
> > > physically at the warehouse in the weeks
> before
> > > the election, but not after. That's what the
> > > fence, alarms and video cameras are for.
> >
> > You can probably expect them to request access
> to
> > those security tapes. The media that you'll be
> > doing for next week should help. Such a shame
> that
> > our tax dollars are being used for such a
> > political circus side show.
>
> We've pulled the DVR machine and replaced it with
> a backup so the data on the original is preserved.
> Our security guys tell me we can provide the
> campaigns with copies if they want it, but they
> have not yet asked.

Hi Brian, saw you on TV last night. I think you handled that the right way, calmly and collectively listing, explaining, and clarifying how you guys kept those ballads secure.

Posted by: More Info ()
Date: December 17, 2013 09:47AM

UPDATE: Virginia Attorney General Race: Fairfax Recount Results
More votes for each candidate, but recount widens lead for Mark Herring.
http://reston.patch.com/groups/politics-and-elections/p/virginia-attorney-general-race-fairfax-recount-results_b23fbac6

Update: Dec. 16, 10:14 p.m.

State. Sen. Mark Herring had more reason to celebrate his lead Monday in Virginia's Attorney General race. As voting offices began a three-day recount Monday, the campaign had a net gain of 91 votes in the lead over Republican Mark Obenshain, according to Fairfax County election officials.

Statewide, the election Nov. 5 went to Herring over Obenshain by just 165 votes of more than 2.2 million cast. In Fairfax County on Monday, Herring added 183 votes and Obenshain added 92 votes. Officials expect to complete the recount in the county by Wednesday night.

The recount begins in most voting offices across the state Tuesday.

Original story:

It's time to revisit the slimmest of slim results in November's Attorney General race in Virginia. First stop: Fairfax County.

Statewide, the victory went to Democrat Mark Herring over Republican Mark Obenshain by just 165 votes of more than 2.2 million cast. If confirmed by the statewide recount, it will be the first sweep of the five statewide elected party offices in Virginia in decades.

THE TOTALS:
The latest statewide totals.
Totals as of Dec. 15, 2013:
Mark Herring: 1,103,777
Mark Obenshain: 1,103,612
Write-In: 4,892
Total: 2,212,281

Fairfax County totals (pre-recount):
Mark Herring: 184,963
Mark Obenshain: 117,425
Write-In: 695

THE PROCESS
From The Washington Post:
On Monday, 40 teams of Fairfax recount officials — each consisting of one Democrat and one Republican — will begin feeding ballots back through machines or hand-counting the ballots that can’t be read. Each team will be watched by observers from the two campaigns, while (Fairfax Electoral Board Secretary Brian) Schoeneman and Seth T. Stark, the electoral board chairman, oversee the process.

THE END
Fairfax is getting a court-approved head start, along with Alexandria and Chesapeake. The rest of the state will conduct the recount Dec. 17 and Dec. 18. Results are expected by the end of the week, as long as the election doesn't face any additional legal challenges from the losing candidate.

EVERYTHING ELSE
Fairfax's Office of Elections has lots of information (and just about every imaginable correspondence) regarding this year's recount.

Watch the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G0kvXLsimmI

Posted by: Reality ()
Date: December 17, 2013 10:05AM

GooberMcLeftist2/4 and it's various names would be posting a total bitchfest if the "d" candidate were behind over this bull excrement:

"Fairfax is getting a court-approved head start, along with Alexandria and Chesapeake. The rest of the state will conduct the recount Dec. 17 and Dec. 18"

In English: "we haven't manufactured enough of Gerry's votes, so give us some extra time, 'kay?"

Posted by: W...T...F...? ()
Date: December 17, 2013 10:07AM

"In terms of security, we have 24x7 security guards
physically at the warehouse in the weeks before
the election, but not after."

W...T...F?

Posted by: ????? ()
Date: December 17, 2013 10:08AM

W...T...F...? Wrote:
> "In terms of security, we have 24x7 security
> guards
> physically at the warehouse in the weeks before
> the election, but not after."
>
>
> W...T...F?

I think that's because the ballots are moved to Richmond right?

Date: December 17, 2013 10:26AM

"I think that's because the ballots are moved to Richmond right?"

Then why boast about electronic security measures afterwards?

Frankly, this entire fiasco stinks. Iraqi voting is more trustworthy.

Posted by: Lolz ()
Date: December 17, 2013 10:27AM

Reality Wrote:
> "I think that's because the ballots are moved to
> Richmond right?"
>
> Then why boast about electronic security measures
> afterwards?
>
> Frankly, this entire fiasco stinks. Iraqi voting
> is more trustworthy.

Obviously a voter for that whiny Republican, Mark Obenshain. No fair! No fair! Lolz

Posted by: FBG2 is stupid again... ()
Date: December 17, 2013 10:29AM

"obviously" incorrect, but hey, thanks for playing, dolt.

Posted by: ????? ()
Date: December 17, 2013 10:32AM

Reality Wrote:
> "I think that's because the ballots are moved to
> Richmond right?"
>
> Then why boast about electronic security measures
> afterwards?
>
> Frankly, this entire fiasco stinks. Iraqi voting
> is more trustworthy.

It does stink, but I don't think anyone was bragging about the security measures. It came up when Obenshain and his lawyers challenged the question of the dates, security, etc. Brian Schoeneman is all over the news about the recounts, etc. In the end a monumental waste of taxpayer dollars.

Date: December 17, 2013 10:39AM

"challenged the question of the dates, security, etc"

And rightfully so. Claiming "good" security by tossing actual physical security after the fact is very, very questionable. And a colossal error.

Posted by: Clarification needed ()
Date: December 17, 2013 11:33AM

Reality Wrote:
> "challenged the question of the dates, security,
> etc"
>
> And rightfully so. Claiming "good" security by
> tossing actual physical security after the fact is
> very, very questionable. And a colossal error.

That's an excellent point. So Brian really needs to answer these questions...

1). Why was 24/7 physical security removed following the election?
2). Why are there discrepancies between the county clerk’s office “by staff” on Nov. 18, and the clerk’s certification for Nov 20th?
3). I'd like to hear specifically how Brian can justify that “the ballots were still secure.”

Posted by: Mark Obenshain ()
Date: December 17, 2013 03:01PM

I am confident that my trusted "friend" Brian Schoeneman will make sure the "votes are secure" and that I win this race for Attorney General.

Posted by: Peanuts ()
Date: December 17, 2013 04:55PM

Herring is getting further and further ahead.

Date: December 17, 2013 04:59PM

Grown to 550 votes. Thats a wrap.

Posted by: demofva ()
Date: December 17, 2013 05:03PM

Herring is getting further and further ahead

Of course. We've had a month to get ballots together.

Date: December 17, 2013 05:13PM

Obenshains lawyers are on hand and have challenged only a hundred which will be reviewed. So the dumb comments arent warranted.

Posted by: obenshain? ()
Date: December 17, 2013 05:15PM

I voted for Governor but not his race. I thought Obenshain had died? I seem to remember it was either some kind of brain cancer or a plane crash? Or was that J. Sergeant Reynolds? It was a while back but for some reason I was sure Obenshain was dead and buried. It was kind of a surprise he showed up on the ballot again, but I didn't vote for that race, not knowing the candidates. On deeper reflection they naked a college after J. Sergeant Reynolds so it is safe that he is dead, yes?

I distinctly remember campaign signs and bumper stickers a while back saying "Holton, Darborn, Obenshain" I guess he is still alive. Can anyone explain this or am I losing my mind? (That is a possibility too.) Any chance Holton will run again?

Posted by: Gerry's kids ()
Date: December 17, 2013 05:20PM

I AM THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THE WORLD.
I AM GERRRYSMANDER1!
YOUWILLLISTENTOME!!!11!!!

gotta go, mom made dinner...

Date: December 17, 2013 10:22PM

The 24/7 security was removed after the election because the ballots were supposed to all be delivered to the courthouse for storage per law , so there was nothing but supply carts left there - nothing that needed 24/7 security. That two precincts ballots were left were an error, not something we had expected or planned for, and our security arrangements were made based on where the biggest perceived risk was - with unvoted ballots and programmed machines in the warehouse before the election, not with carts that were supposed to be free of ballots afterwards.

The other two questions were answered in my last letter to the Obenshain campaign, and those are on the recount page of the Fairfax county website, which I linked earlier.

Posted by: Tray von Martin ()
Date: December 17, 2013 10:32PM

Another stolen election.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.