HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Eldredge, what a joke!
Posted by: Matchbox ()
Date: July 21, 2013 06:25PM

Gad I graduated last year, because I can't bear to sit back and watch what Jason Eldredge is going to do to Spartan football. The players are already discouraged and expecting a terrible season. I feel bad for the whole team that Eldredge was chosen to be the new coach. He's a joke and will once again be the laughing stock of FCPS. I heard he was kicked out of Loudoun County - can anyone confirm. GODSPEED SPARTANS!!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eldredge, what a joke!
Posted by: spartanjoke ()
Date: July 24, 2013 08:54AM

Matchbox- exactly what would you expect from a school that allowed the previous coach 4 years of pathetic uninspired 'leadership' of the football program. Eldridge is the only person the comedy team of Andy 'what am I doing here' Muir and Mark ' have you met my girlfriend yet' Greenfelder could find to take the job. The athletics are in complete disarray and no one seems to care to do anything about it. The only sports that are remotely successful are ones that are coached year round and have little to do with the high school coach. But hey- everyone is getting paid so why should they care? Muir is beyond incompetent- the DSS job is one any clown could do- but it is a hard job to do well and Andy is overmatched.

Posted by: stfukthx ()
Date: July 24, 2013 09:03AM

Who gives a shit about high school football? This is like some bad TV series unfolding on this forum. Judging by your spelling, it seems you should be less focused on a bunch of teen boys playing a game and more on actually being educated.

Posted by: bugslife ()
Date: July 25, 2013 07:25AM

Coach bashing again from the West Springfield community. .

Step up?

Posted by: Urlucky ()
Date: July 25, 2013 09:25AM

You all are lucky to have him as the football coach now. Just look at what a great job he's done as coach of the boys basketball program, rebuilding that from scratch. I wouldn't be surprised to see WSHS played for a state championship in the next few years in both football and basketball with Coach Eldredge at the helm.

Posted by: SpartanDad ()
Date: July 25, 2013 10:06AM

>>You all are lucky to have him as the football coach now. Just look at what a great job he's done as coach of the boys basketball program, rebuilding that from scratch. I wouldn't be surprised to see WSHS played for a state championship in the next few years in both football and basketball with Coach Eldredge at the helm>>

Umm, you've got to be kidding, right? The WSHS Boys Basketball team is probably the worst team at the school. Go check the stats. The reason parents are upset he was chosen as the football coach is because he has done a terrible job with boys basketball. Why would they hire a loser coach for the most prominent sports team? It's absurd. Parents have a right to complain when these kinds of decisions are affecting the programs that should to be thriving at the school. Boys basketball hasn't even come close to a state championship and Eldredge has been at the helm for several years. Once again, just look at the record of the team. The students think he is a terrible coach as well. I have many students at my house and they talk about it all the time. Kids aren't stupid.

Posted by: SportsFan88 ()
Date: July 25, 2013 10:11AM

Boys Varsity Basketball

2012-13
4 wins and 19 losses.

2011-12
7 wins and 16 losses.

2010-11
3 wins and 18 losses.

The above poster is saying what a great job he did with the basketball program? Are you joking? This is almost laughable.

Posted by: NorthernRegion ()
Date: July 25, 2013 12:09PM

To be fair, the boys basketball program has had horrific talent the last several years, ever since their Final Four appearance in 2007. Especially in the context of the Patriot District....just terrible.

And now, in the new conference alignment, they won't have Lee to beat up on twice a year.

Posted by: Urlucky ()
Date: July 25, 2013 03:02PM

I thought you all realized this was Fairfax Underground. Of course I was being sarcastic.

Date: July 28, 2013 02:06PM

The basketball record is right in line with the goals of the DSS and the principal at WS. The DSS kept a football coach who was clearly in over his head for 4 years while he completely drove the program into the ground. Eldredge inherited a terrible program and has made it worse- so hire him as football coach! Only sucker they could find to take the job. Pathetic for a Northern VA high school that would get all the help they would need if they could only show some sign of competence from the DSS or the 'principal'.

Date: July 28, 2013 02:12PM

BTW- Northern Region- way to trash a group of teenagers when they have not had any leadership whatsoever. The lack of leadership and examples of behavior have been completely absent at West Springfield from the PRINCIPAL on down. The talent at WS is good enough to compete in basketball- if they get a coach that the players respect and will play for. But call 16-18 year olds 'horrific'. That is real classy. Would not be surprised if you weren't the DSS of principal at WS. That is the level of professionalism they have there.

Posted by: disgusted parent ()
Date: July 28, 2013 04:36PM

spartanjoke Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> BTW- Northern Region- way to trash a group of
> teenagers when they have not had any leadership
> whatsoever. The lack of leadership and examples of
> behavior have been completely absent at West
> Springfield from the PRINCIPAL on down. The talent
> at WS is good enough to compete in basketball- if
> they get a coach that the players respect and will
> play for. But call 16-18 year olds 'horrific'.
> That is real classy. Would not be surprised if you
> weren't the DSS of principal at WS. That is the
> level of professionalism they have there.

Wasn't one of the little wshs sex criminals on the basketball team? The coach allowed him to remain on the basketball team while charged with felony sex crimes. That alone speaks volumes.

Posted by: payattention ()
Date: August 18, 2013 11:22AM

The basketball team did not have one the sex scandal kids on it! That just shows how little you know about the program. They are going to be good this year and have one of the best seasons that the basketball program has seen in a while

Posted by: Farewell to Football ()
Date: August 18, 2013 11:33AM

Thanks to the indiscretions of school board members Velkoff, McElveen and Kaufax, as well as board of supervisors members Bulova, Smyth, and Gross, it seems Fairfax is going to see a precipitous drop in school sports between now and 2015 due to budget cuts and the fraud investigation over the artificial turf.

Posted by: Formerl Rebel ()
Date: August 18, 2013 01:05PM

If no one puts in to fill the head coach job, Eldedge gets it by default, you are lucky he cares enough to fill it and not let your season be a total loss.

Posted by: Credentials? ()
Date: August 21, 2013 01:35PM

Does anyone know Eldreidges background? Like where was he coaching previously or is basketball his only experience? Also does anybody have inside information on how he's doing now that the season started.

Posted by: katiesmith ()
Date: August 21, 2013 03:40PM

How's your career going? Oh wait you haven't even entered the real world yet. Oh and it's not gad it's glad... again good luck in life.

Matchbox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gad I graduated last year, because I can't bear to
> sit back and watch what Jason Eldredge is going to
> do to Spartan football. The players are already
> discouraged and expecting a terrible season. I
> feel bad for the whole team that Eldredge was
> chosen to be the new coach. He's a joke and will
> once again be the laughing stock of FCPS. I heard
> he was kicked out of Loudoun County - can anyone
> confirm. GODSPEED SPARTANS!!!!!!

Posted by: ProudSpartan ()
Date: September 09, 2013 09:28PM

It's funny how this thread (started by Tyler sutter) is bashing on a coach who's doing his best to recover a dead program left by biddison. His coaching and attitude has already greatly affected the school and the team better than any other coach could. Obviously it's not gonna bounce back immediately but believe me it will

Posted by: SpartanFootballPlayer ()
Date: September 09, 2013 09:30PM

It's funny how this thread (started by Tyler sutter) is bashing on a coach who's doing his best to recover a dead program left by biddison. His coaching and attitude has already greatly affected the school and the team better than any other coach could. Obviously it's not gonna bounce back immediately but believe me it will so quit complaining and just appreciate all his hard work

Posted by: Dealitup ()
Date: September 10, 2013 06:13AM

>>>It's funny how this thread (started by Tyler sutter) is bashing on a coach who's doing his best to recover a dead program left by biddison. His coaching and attitude has already greatly affected the school and the team better than any other coach could. Obviously it's not gonna bounce back immediately but believe me it will so quit complaining and just appreciate all his hard work.>>>

Your optimism is cute. Poor, young ignorant high school kid who has been brainwashed by the clown. Let's chat at the end of the season and see where you guys are.

Posted by: How? ()
Date: September 10, 2013 10:36AM

How does a basketball coach get the football HC job? And it's not like WSHS is ever going to be a football powerhouse, but didn't they make the playoffs last year? I saw them play once last year and they schooled our team. I heard they lost to Edison last Friday. How is that turning a program around?

Posted by: IgnoranceIsBliss ()
Date: September 10, 2013 01:44PM

Since when does one game decide the outcome of the entire season? You obviously don't understand how sports teams learn from their mistakes

Posted by: Since now... ()
Date: September 10, 2013 02:20PM

They lost to a division 5 school last week. A division 5 team that had given up 75 fucking points to LEE of all schools. WSHS still has to play Centerville, LB, South County etc. That's "since when" one game can give you a pretty good indication about where the season is heading Einstein.

Posted by: Got2Go ()
Date: October 05, 2013 12:48PM

So . . how is West Springfield football doing these days? ;)

Where my Eldredge fans at?

Posted by: APerson ()
Date: October 28, 2013 09:53PM

Ok. No one here knows what it's like to play under Eldredge, but I do. He's a great guy and probably the hardest worker out there. He's at the school from 5am-9pm and barely gets to see his kids because he has so much on his plate right now. Yeah we're 3-5 but we still have a chance at the playoffs and honestly, it's all part of the process of getting better as a program. We lost some great athletes last year, but we still have talent. This year has literally been a thrill, through all the tight games, like Lee and more recently, Annandale. It's been fun. I just wish everyone would stop bashing on a guy that has a goal and won't stop til he achieves it, which eventually I do believe he will. And yes by the way, he does have experience coaching football at Westfield where he won a state championship. Just FYI.

Posted by: wshsfootballplayer ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:06PM

I love Eldredge he is the most energetic, inspiring guy/coach I know, we are lucky to have him as our coach

Posted by: SpartanAthlete ()
Date: November 02, 2013 10:05AM

Sooo . . how many football games has WSHS won this year? What an embarrassment to the entire school. I hope that fire that idiot Eldredge.

Posted by: WS Sports ()
Date: November 12, 2013 07:15PM

Obviously you all do not know much about high school sports. Winning and losing is not that important. It is about the life lessons learned through them. A great coach will make you a better person off the field or court and thats exactly what Eldredge did. He teaches you how to be a hard worker, how to be a dedicated teammate, and how to be a leader. He did what he could with the talent he had and this is coming from a former player. We were not a very talented group and he led us to one of WS most competitive seasons in the past 5 years (The 2011-12 Season). I have the utmost respect for Eldredge. He is a great man and coach

P.S. He played D1 football and has been coaching basketball and football for +10 years

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.