HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Man Killed by Orange Line Train
Posted by: The Neighborhood Watch! ()
Date: August 19, 2013 04:57AM

Man Killed by Orange Line Train
Officials investigating why man was on tracks between East Falls Church and Ballston stations.
http://fallschurch.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/man-killed-by-orange-line-train

A man was struck and killed by a Metro train along the Orange Line between the East Falls Church and Ballston Metro stops early Sunday morning, according to NBC Washington.

Metro officials said they do not believe the victim was a Metro employee because he was not wearing a Metro uniform. His name and age have not been released.

Metro is continuing its investigation as to why the man was on the tracks.

Eight people aboard the train were transferred to another train to finish their trips following the incident, which occurred around 2 a.m.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Man Killed by Orange Line Train
Posted by: this is old news aug 18 ()
Date: August 19, 2013 04:59AM

"Metro officials said they do not believe the victim was a Metro employee because he was not wearing a Metro uniform"

Well who the fuck even speculated that he was?!

Massachusetts Man Struck, Killed along Metro Orange Line
Posted by: More info ()
Date: August 19, 2013 05:00AM

Massachusetts Man Struck, Killed along Metro Orange Line
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Man-Struck-Killed-on-Metro-Orange-Line-220099291.html

Metro officials said a man was struck and killed by a Metro train along the Orange Line early Sunday morning.

Authorities said the man was between the East Falls Church and Ballston Metro stops when he was hit around 2 a.m. Metro officials said they do not believe it was a Metro employee because the victim was not wearing the required uniform.

Eight people on board the train were transferred to another train to continue their journey.

The name of the victim has not been released, but they did say he was a 21-year-old man from Massachusettes. Officials are also working to figure out why the man was on the tracks.
Attachments:
metro_train_generic_lovelorn.jpg

Posted by: drunky McDrunkster ()
Date: August 19, 2013 05:57AM

When shit like this happens at 2am, I automatically assume drugs or alcohol is involved. He probably got tired of waiting for the trains and thought, "Fuck it, I'll just walk down the train tracks to my destination."

Posted by: irish ()
Date: August 19, 2013 06:25AM

He kilt his elf

Posted by: Great Metro security! ()
Date: August 19, 2013 07:49AM

How do they allow someone to walk down the tracks?

Scary too is that Metro said they do not beieve it was an employee since he was not in a uniform. Really? Did you only figure that out after he was hit?

Metro is not safe.

Posted by: Metro Security ()
Date: August 19, 2013 07:55AM

If you wanted us to help, he should have screamed louder! I was taking my nap!
Attachments:
metro-sleeping-collink-unsuckdcmetro_296.jpg

Posted by: Metro sucks Assssss ()
Date: August 19, 2013 08:26AM

Yeah, beyond the fact that some dumbfuck got killed, where's the security? I guess if a domestic or muslim terrorist wanted to fuck up Metro, all they need to do is hop off the platform at 2am and do whatever they want to the track.

Posted by: lolwtf2 ()
Date: August 19, 2013 08:38AM

Well the speculation that it could be an employee would be pretty logical given the person was hit between the stations and not right at the platform. If you're having trouble understanding that, you probably miss a lot of things in life. Think harder!

I'll vote for a random that was drunk or on drugs.

Posted by: joey the bunkeeper ()
Date: August 19, 2013 11:20AM

I drove past it in the AM around 530am, the cleanup was going on still. Not sure how the stiff got there, it was not really near a metro stop, the chump had to be on the tracks walking for a minute. I feel bad for the passengers on the train that had their night messed up by some moron......seems like natural selection at its finest here boi!!!

Posted by: adfasdfasdfsf ()
Date: August 19, 2013 11:21AM

I feel sorry for the poor schmucks who have to clean up that mess.

Posted by: hgrshgr ()
Date: August 19, 2013 01:42PM

http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=25200&ATCLID=209206560

the victim was Patrick Sibley - Volleyball player for George Mason

Posted by: katiesmith ()
Date: August 19, 2013 01:49PM

It's a heck of a lot safer than driving around Northern Virginia at 2 am in the morning...or any time.

Great Metro security! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How do they allow someone to walk down the tracks?
>
>
> Scary too is that Metro said they do not beieve it
> was an employee since he was not in a uniform.
> Really? Did you only figure that out after he was
> hit?
>
> Metro is not safe.

Posted by: RIP Patrick Sibley ()
Date: August 19, 2013 01:53PM

hgrshgr Wrote:
> http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=
> 25200&ATCLID=209206560
>
> the victim was Patrick Sibley - Volleyball player
> for George Mason

George Mason Community Mourns Loss of Patrick Sibley
http://www.gomason.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=25200&ATCLID=209206560

The George Mason community is mourning the loss of rising senior Patrick Sibley, a member of the men’s volleyball team, after he died tragically on Sunday morning in a Metro train-related accident. George Mason Athletics is extending its deepest condolences to the family, friends and teammates of Patrick.

“The Mason community is deeply saddened to hear of the death of Patrick Sibley,” said Athletic Director Tom O’Connor. “Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, his friends, teammates, and all who are affected by this tragedy.”

“Patrick Sibley was a world-class athlete,” Head Coach Fred Chao said. “In a brief period of time he quickly developed into a dominant volleyball player. However, it was his love for his teammates and friends that shined the brightest. He had a unique ability to pursue his own goals and ambitions while at the same time fiercely support and encourage his teammates. I am honored to have been his coach.”

Sibley joined George Mason in 2012 after playing one season at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, Conn. After sitting out his first season, he had a prolific 2013 campaign in which he earned All-Eastern Intercollegiate Volleyball Association (EIVA) first team honors. Sibley led the team with 77 total blocks and was second in service aces (21). He played in 21 matches, all but two in a starting role. This past season saw Sibley and his older brother, Shaun, play as teammates. He was an integrative studies major with a concentration in advertising.

“Patrick demanded the best of himself in everything he did, and he brought the best out of everyone around him," said David Lucas, a senior on the volleyball team . "Pat’s impact on the volleyball court was unmatched. Yet, his impact in our lives reached far beyond the sport itself. Pat’s laugh was contagious. His smile—which he was rarely seen without—could turn the worst day into a good one. Every single one of his teammates considered him a dear friend. He always put those around him first, and he had a loving heart that will never be equaled nor forgotten.

Our hearts are broken, but our minds are filled with the countless precious memories we shared with our beloved teammate, brother, and friend, Patrick Sibley. We miss him deeply.”

Counseling services are available to support the team, students, and staff.
Attachments:
EMTKTAUQAEEQIFV_20130819162745.jpg

Posted by: I like trains ()
Date: August 19, 2013 01:54PM

Last year I was driving at sunset with the sun in my eyes and accidentally ran over a Canada Goose. It felt like hitting a bit bump in the road and I didn't stop. LAter, I got out of my car and to my horror, saw the entire side of my silver car was bright red and covered with bits of bright pink internal organs and bird poo. TO make matters worse, it was coated in feathers and had dried. Basically, the honking bird was an exploding bag of blood, shit and goo.

I ended up going through a car wash 3 times before the car was clean.

I wonder if Patrick exploded in a burst of bright red and his guts were all over the Metro train. I dunno, red would be a cool color over the generic silver, eh? I hope Metro has a big train washer to run through.

Posted by: ?????? ()
Date: August 19, 2013 02:16PM

Posted by: GMU Athlete Alumni ()
Date: August 19, 2013 02:23PM

RE: Post by I like Trains:

I dont know how a person could be so insensitive. For a person to write something like that about a 21 year old kid is unbelievable. You are one sick human being. This kid competed for a local university as a division one athlete. There was most likely alcohol or something involved with this tragic accident however im surprised he was able to get on the tracks with nobody noticing. Where was the security?

I hope the Sibley family stays strong in such a tragic time. All of the Mason Athletic Family is thinking about you.

Posted by: ?????? ()
Date: August 19, 2013 02:24PM

I dont know how a person could be so insensitive

Agreed. Why are you so insensitive to the lighter side of the news?

LEAVEBRITTNEYALONE!!!!

Posted by: Mr. Insensitive ()
Date: August 19, 2013 02:37PM

GMU Athlete Alumni Wrote:
> I hope the Sibley family stays strong in such a
> tragic time. All of the Mason Athletic Family is
> thinking about you.

I'll bet they're thinking about him as they ride the metro, on the way to school.

Posted by: Perfect Timing ()
Date: August 19, 2013 03:31PM

I am so happy he did it when he did. Remember last week when that other asshole jumped into traffic?

Drinks are on the house!

Posted by: Another ()
Date: August 19, 2013 03:33PM

Perfect Timing Wrote:
> I am so happy he did it when he did. Remember last
> week when that other asshole jumped into traffic?
>
> Drinks are on the house!

And 17 year old girl jumped out a car. Wow, times sure have changed.

Posted by: ObserverinNOVA ()
Date: August 19, 2013 05:15PM

He may have needed to get home after a night out and thought he missed the last train (sineage in most stations suggest that trains stop at midnight - you have to read carefully to notice they run till 3 am on weekend nites) probably had his car parked at the next station and thought he'd just directly walk straight down empty tracks for a couple miles (yes, its only 2 miles if you look at a map - a distance he probably thought he could cover quickly).

Posted by: Darwin rules ()
Date: August 19, 2013 05:18PM

One less fucktard out there. Long live Darwin!

Posted by: bozo clown master ()
Date: August 19, 2013 05:19PM

@ObserverinNOVA ,...dam that is acually a pretty good idea of what might have happned, but if this guy was this drunk and was going to get in a car and drive on the road this could have saved an innocent person from getting hit......it was a EPIC FAIL

Posted by: parental failure ()
Date: August 19, 2013 05:21PM

He may have needed to get home after a night out and thought he missed the last train (sineage in most stations suggest that trains stop at midnight - you have to read carefully to notice they run till 3 am on weekend nites) probably had his car parked at the next station and thought he'd just directly walk straight down empty tracks for a couple miles (yes, its only 2 miles if you look at a map - a distance he probably thought he could cover quickly).
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Parental failure. I don't know about you but my parents taught me to look both ways before crossing the street, wash my hands before eating, don't touch a dog when he's eating and not to walk on train tracks.

Yeah, this guy may have been a star athlete but there wasn't much happening up there in his noggin. Even if I was drink, I'd know well enough to stay off Metro tracks.

Posted by: Dikk Cheeze ()
Date: August 19, 2013 05:28PM

Stupid shit.
One less retard.
Security....
You think those Metro niggas care 'bout some drunk white boy walking down the tracks. Shit no

One wonders if the driver of the train screamed out like a little girl when that white boy turned all red on the windscreen.

Posted by: ????? ()
Date: August 19, 2013 08:36PM

Dikk Cheeze Wrote:
> Stupid shit.
> One less retard.
> Security....
> You think those Metro niggas care 'bout some drunk
> white boy walking down the tracks. Shit no
>
> One wonders if the driver of the train screamed
> out like a little girl when that white boy turned
> all red on the windscreen.

LOL +100

Posted by: He went to GM! ()
Date: August 19, 2013 08:47PM

Commuter college.

I guess his last commute did not work out as planned.

I guess his drunk ass was going to drive home too from the last Metro Station.

Better to take out one than many!

Posted by: Words of wisdom ()
Date: August 19, 2013 08:49PM

Much drinking, little thinking.

Posted by: Emily09876 ()
Date: August 19, 2013 09:01PM

WOW.To read these comments breaks my heart. To have to put your child in a grave is one of the hardest things have happen to you. I dont care why he was on the track. He is passed away and his family's life will never ever be the same. Show some compassion. My little brother just passed away and my family is all grieving. My mom can not even work yet or get out of bed. He was 19. If anyone from this young childs family is reading this or even a friend of this child. Stay strong and I am very sorry for your loss.

Posted by: Sorry Emily! Why are you here? ()
Date: August 19, 2013 09:24PM

You are lost. We understand. Please don't come on here again.

This is not the place for lost "souls".

Find a therapist.

You need help.

Posted by: DontBeNegative ()
Date: August 20, 2013 01:10AM

I knew Pat and his brother personally. None of the negative people on this site need to say anything, you all obviously just hate your lives enough to man these sites for horrible tragic accidents just to comment on them about the people that they are about and how it was their faults and who cares and blah blah blah well check yourself because you don't know how short your life will be or if it will tragically end. There is enough negativity, hate, and tragedy in this world nobody needs your comments, you are the people that are going straight to hell because youyou had no compassion for others. Pat was an awesome person the few times I got to hang put with him and his brother and their family are equally amazing. Yes nobody knows why he made the decision he made to walk along the tracks that night and yes he probably was drinking, so yes it was a decision, a decision that cost him his life, his future, and his family pain for the rest of their lives, but don't judge him because no one person can say they have not made a stupid decision in their lives we all were just lucky our stupid decisions did not cost us pur lives. So for the respect of the family and friends check ypurselves because ypu are certainly NOT above it all.

I knew Pat and his brother personally. None of the negative people on this site need to say anything, you all obviously just hate your lives enough to man these sites for horrible tragic accidents just to comment on them about the people that they are about and how it was their faults and who cares and blah blah blah well check yourself because you don't know how short your life will be or if it will tragically end. There is enough negativity, hate, and tragedy in this world nobody needs your comments, you are the people that are going straight to hell because youyou had no compassion for others. Pat was an awesome person the few times I got to hang put with him and his brother and their family are equally amazing. Yes nobody knows why he made the decision he made to walk along the tracks that night and yes he probably was drinking, so yes it was a decision, a decision that cost him his life, his future, and his family pain for the rest of their lives, but don't judge him because no one person can say they have not made a stupid decision in their lives we all were just lucky our stupid decisions did not cost us pur lives. So for the respect of the family and friends check ypurselves because ypu are certainly NOT above it all.

Posted by: Concealed Carrier1 ()
Date: August 20, 2013 05:54AM

He was Stupid. Probably suicide. No tears from me one less idiot removed from our gene pool.

Posted by: Bitches ()
Date: August 20, 2013 06:43AM

Every 800 feet there is an emergency "telephone" near the tracks. You are never more than 400 feet from one. It has a blue light on top. Use that phone and the tracks nearby are automatically de-energized.

So if you find yourself on the tracks, use that phone.

Each fence segment is 100 feet long. And has a tag on it with a number. Multiple that number by 100 feet and you have exactly how far you are from Metro Center. So you know how far to walk I guess.

Use these tips if you find yourself walking on the tracks and lost.

Posted by: Allyson ()
Date: August 20, 2013 12:42PM

You people are the most ignorant assholes that I have ever had the misfortune of encountering through your wicked commentary.

God help you should something this awful ever happen to your son, brother or best friend. Yes, he may have made a poor decision, but after reading your disgusting remarks, I feel quite sure that none of you in your lifetimes haven't done something equally disturbing.

May you all rot in Hell for your insensitivity and inhumanity toward a 21 year old kid. You're all sick and disgusting human beings.

Posted by: as always ()
Date: August 20, 2013 12:52PM

"thoughts" and "prayers"

because, you know, they always help so fucking much in these situations

Posted by: Epic Fail ()
Date: August 20, 2013 01:23PM

Bitches Wrote:
> Every 800 feet there is an emergency "telephone"
> near the tracks. You are never more than 400 feet
> from one. It has a blue light on top. Use that
> phone and the tracks nearby are automatically
> de-energized.
>
> So if you find yourself on the tracks, use that
> phone.
>
> Each fence segment is 100 feet long. And has a tag
> on it with a number. Multiple that number by 100
> feet and you have exactly how far you are from
> Metro Center. So you know how far to walk I guess.
>
>
> Use these tips if you find yourself walking on the
> tracks and lost.

These people were educated in Fairfax public schools, you lost them after "Every 800 feet..." because it sounded to much like math.

Posted by: Barbara Neville ()
Date: August 20, 2013 05:30PM

Vicious attacks like so many comments above show such ignorance and narrow minded thinking. Instead of being joyous for someone's loss, you should have some compassion, even if you didn't know the victim. I did not know the young man but am sure the entire George Mason community is in shock and mourning. His family and friends must be having nightmares at the picture his circumstances show over and over in their minds. What right do all you naysayers have to criticize and condemn what ended in a tragic loss. Maybe nobody will mourn you if tragedy befalls you. I have a heavy heart for this young man whose life was taken way too soon.

Posted by: Father Bob ()
Date: August 20, 2013 06:11PM

Sister Barbara,

You hath spoken from the heart. Take my hand and let us pray. God of power and mercy, you have made death itself the gateway to eternal life. Look with love on our dying brother, and make him one with Your Son in His suffering and death, that, sealed with the blood of Christ, he/she may come before you free from sin. Amen.
Attachments:
Animation_candle_flame.gif

Posted by: I like Father Bob ()
Date: August 20, 2013 06:38PM

He is so much nicer than Pastor Dave.

Peace be with you all.

Posted by: Father Bob ()
Date: August 20, 2013 07:03PM

I like Father Bob Wrote:
> He is so much nicer than Pastor Dave.
>
> Peace be with you all.

And I like you and so does God.

Posted by: AK 47 ()
Date: August 20, 2013 09:52PM

Barbara Neville Wrote:
> Vicious attacks like so many comments above show
> such ignorance and narrow minded thinking. Instead
> of being joyous for someone's loss, you should
> have some compassion, even if you didn't know the
> victim. I did not know the young man but am sure
> the entire George Mason community is in shock and
> mourning. His family and friends must be having
> nightmares at the picture his circumstances show
> over and over in their minds. What right do all
> you naysayers have to criticize and condemn what
> ended in a tragic loss. Maybe nobody will mourn
> you if tragedy befalls you. I have a heavy heart
> for this young man whose life was taken way too
> soon.

Get your panties out of the bundle and realize that suicide is not cool and getting so fucking drunk and stupid is not cool. Yes it is sad but he was no angel.

Posted by: Another Thing ()
Date: August 20, 2013 09:59PM

They knew he wasn't a Metro employee because he was white. Everyone knows that Metro would never hire a white person.

Posted by: next? ()
Date: August 20, 2013 10:46PM

Who gives a shit? This was yesterday's death news. Today it's all about the Oklahoma niggers who killed that nice fella from Australia.

Posted by: KingShit ()
Date: August 21, 2013 01:00AM

maybe he thought the train was a bus.

Posted by: pastor dave ()
Date: August 21, 2013 12:53PM

f

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2021 03:07PM by pastor dave.

Posted by: Mr Humble ()
Date: August 21, 2013 01:25PM

pastor dave Wrote:
> Pat's sinful ways led him to his demise. Too many
> foolish choices and not enough time reflecting on
> His word. I am confident that Pat is in hell now.
> Do not let satan influence your decision making
> like Brother Pat. Learn from this!
>
> Be blessed!

Sounds like you are destined for hell "pastor dave". Maybe you can play hell volleyball with him. It will be hot so dress cool.

Posted by: olive ()
Date: August 21, 2013 06:22PM

You are sick and thoughtless of other people's pain.

Posted by: Agree whole heartedly ()
Date: August 21, 2013 06:31PM

I agree DontBeNegative. So many insensitive remarks left by thoughtless and ignorant people. Who are they to think it is funny to jump on someone's los? What rock do they live under? I pity them for having no compassion for others. They must have holes in their hearts. Patrick's family and friends do not deserve the comments I have been reading. My heart goes out to all those who knew Patrick or knew of him and appreciated the good life he lived. I am sorry he was taken too soon. It should not have happened.

Posted by: Cracker Down ()
Date: September 07, 2013 12:51PM

Attachments:
Train Rolled WORKING.gif

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.