HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What the county needs to do
Posted by: Dr Watson ()
Date: September 05, 2013 05:56PM

Have all employees wear a uniform with identifying badges. That way we can keep an eye on them and post on here when we see them doing something questionable or acts of laziness.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What the county needs to do
Posted by: I agree ()
Date: September 05, 2013 06:05PM

And, when calling or visiting a County office, every employee must give their name.

Re: What the county needs to do
Posted by: unfairfax ()
Date: September 05, 2013 06:21PM

I just want them to pick up the phone when I call for an issue. Every time I call a gov't employee on their direct liine- voicemail. Go through the main number- they're "at lunch" (at 1030am?) or "with a client" and they offer to take a message- no call back.

I doubt the receptionists even pass the messages on. I ask for an email instead- don't get it or I never recieve a response (and it's not on my end I BCC everything to another account to make sure it was sent!)

Or worse, I'll call and call for a week and hear nothing, then suddenly get a letter in the mail about it. Why couldn't you just call me back and have a 2 minute conversation? Too scared to talk on the phone? Why give out your number?

But wait- its even worse when they say "return x paper by the 10th" and you get it to them on the 5th via fax and call them on the 6,7,8,9 and they don't respond to you to even let you know if they got it.

Only way to get things done in the government center/social services is to show up in person. Sure you'll wait, but they can't deny seeing you that day. Try to do it over the phone/online and they will sit on it for WEEKS or wait until the absolute last possible day to rectify the situation.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.