HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
bullying at lake braddock
Posted by: lbss grad ()
Date: December 22, 2010 05:21PM

I read an article recently about bullying, and Lake Braddock had 15 weapons offenses. Does anyone know what exactly these offenses were? Have they all occurred in the last year? I always thought of LBSS as a reasonably safe and tolerant environment, what is going on over there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bullying at lake braddock
Posted by: you come here for an answer? ()
Date: December 22, 2010 05:24PM

Why dont you get off your ass and go over to the school and ask the people who actually run the school, another lame parent

Posted by: It is the kids with bad parents ! ()
Date: December 22, 2010 05:27PM

Since they are minors we will never know. 15 seems high but these days a candy cane is now a weapon. If you have good kids move them to a private school sooner then later. FCPS is a joke right now.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: December 22, 2010 05:29PM

Do they still sell compasses at school stores? Those things were awesome. They had that point and you could hold them like a gun.

Posted by: Watch out ()
Date: December 22, 2010 05:34PM

Little Johnny can also make the gun gesture with his hand. Run for the hills. Oh, I am sorry that was just boys being boys. We would not want that here in Fairfax.

Posted by: FCPS is a joke ()
Date: December 22, 2010 05:35PM

Standard answer these days from FCPS on any issue at a school

"Since it deals with personnel matters and student disciplinary measures, I can't really address the issue"

Posted by: True ()
Date: December 22, 2010 05:41PM

You cannot get the truth since FCPS will never tell you the truth. They are minors, blah, blah, blah.

Stick with the Fairfax co. underground. You may find the truth here first.

** I heard many people who work for FCPS love to get the news here first. Thanks Cary!

Posted by: _FAIRFAX COUNTYS MASTER OF METAL_ ()
Date: December 22, 2010 05:42PM

This was before my time but some dude back in the 80s took a shotgun with him to school and had a 24 hour standoff with the FCPD right in front of the school.

2vvjdog

Posted by: Saint Something ()
Date: December 22, 2010 07:00PM

15 weapon offences is low compared to schools like Annandale or Mount Vernon. Yes most everything can be considered a weapon, nothing has changed sence you went to school at LBSS, (well, im assuming your a recent gradute) just the angle of perseption has changed

Posted by: Mo Betta ()
Date: December 22, 2010 08:44PM

Annandale is like a third world country now. MS13 probably controls the schools.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: December 23, 2010 05:03AM

I remember when a bunch of Mighty Shitholes of Thirteen tried to actually walk through the doors of South Lakes with machetes (I was at Herndon at the time). We had plenty of "Weapons" offenses at our school as well, and yeah, one of my friends always had a knife on him as well (Never used it). Most of the violence was at the hands of fists, chairs, and Gatorade/water bottles, though (You should've seen the latter, it was pretty hardcore).

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2010 05:03AM by ThePackLeader.

Posted by: Take Back ()
Date: December 23, 2010 06:31AM

What bothers me the most is that we as the county support this by giving them housing assistance, free lunch, utilitiy assistance, food stamps, medical assistance, now reading other items on this site free cell phone, and for the pregnant ones free babysitters. Non of these services are for the people that are acutually working or in the country as citizens who pay taxes and want to take care of county instead of litering, just dirty habits. They all feel WE owe them. We need to stop the do gooders and start making life better for our own kids and their families. I am sick of all the stuff we do for them and their kids are ruining the schools (parents don't care if the kids go to school or get in trouble), they will not even learn to speak the language. All the extra money is going to translators. FCPS better wake up and start giving the tax payers children benefits as well.

Posted by: yearbook staff ()
Date: December 23, 2010 07:46AM

lbss grad Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I read an article recently about bullying, and
> Lake Braddock had 15 weapons offenses. Does anyone
> know what exactly these offenses were? Have they
> all occurred in the last year? I always thought of
> LBSS as a reasonably safe and tolerant
> environment, what is going on over there?

Bullying can be a very positive influnce on lots of kids. It teaches them to protect themselves. I graduated LBSS in 1982, carried a buck knife at least the last 4 years. I had to cut one kid that bashed my face in and the school punished me with a three day suspension.
I have not heard of any deaths or severe injurys at LBSS so im guessing its harmless bullying.

Posted by: stop bullying ()
Date: December 23, 2010 09:19PM

Bullying can leave a lasting memories for a child.

Posted by: Stones ()
Date: December 23, 2010 10:50PM

yearbook staff Wrote:
> lbss grad Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I read an article recently about bullying, and
> > Lake Braddock had 15 weapons offenses. Does
> anyone
> > know what exactly these offenses were? Have
> they
> > all occurred in the last year? I always thought
> of
> > LBSS as a reasonably safe and tolerant
> > environment, what is going on over there?
>
>
> Bullying can be a very positive influnce on lots
> of kids. It teaches them to protect themselves. I
> graduated LBSS in 1982, carried a buck knife at
> least the last 4 years. I had to cut one kid that
> bashed my face in and the school punished me with
> a three day suspension.
> I have not heard of any deaths or severe injurys
> at LBSS so im guessing its harmless bullying.

yeah, Awesome lasting memories! Bullying is only the way to let losers know their place. Otherwise, they think they have a chance with our women and think they can socialize with us when they suck at life. Losers, dorks and weirdos need to know that they have no right to socialize or try to fit in with the rest of us. If they think they are equal, you are only doing their worthless lives a dis-service in terms of them having delusions of their unrealistic potential. Get a life away from mine!!!

Posted by: sticks and stones ()
Date: December 23, 2010 10:59PM

Stones when you look in the mirror you are the loser. Otherwise you would not have to go to this extreme to let everyone know you are something.

Posted by: yearbook staff ()
Date: December 24, 2010 11:21AM

Stones Wrote:
> yearbook staff Wrote:
> -----
> > lbss grad Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I read an article recently about bullying,
> and
> > > Lake Braddock had 15 weapons offenses. Does
> > anyone
> > > know what exactly these offenses were? Have
> > they
> > > all occurred in the last year? I always
> thought
> > of
> > > LBSS as a reasonably safe and tolerant
> > > environment, what is going on over there?
> >
> >
> > Bullying can be a very positive influnce on
> lots
> > of kids. It teaches them to protect themselves.
> I
> > graduated LBSS in 1982, carried a buck knife at
> > least the last 4 years. I had to cut one kid
> that
> > bashed my face in and the school punished me
> with
> > a three day suspension.
> > I have not heard of any deaths or severe
> injurys
> > at LBSS so im guessing its harmless bullying.
>
>
> yeah, Awesome lasting memories! Bullying is only
> the way to let losers know their place.
> Otherwise, they think they have a chance with our
> women and think they can socialize with us when
> they suck at life. Losers, dorks and weirdos need
> to know that they have no right to socialize or
> try to fit in with the rest of us. If they think
> they are equal, you are only doing their worthless
> lives a dis-service in terms of them having
> delusions of their unrealistic potential. Get a
> life away from mine!!!

Stones, I think you misunderstood my post. At Lake Braddock I was the one who got bullied. I was in 10th grade and an older bigger kid beat my ass and bashed my face all to hell in the smoking lounge. But I didnt cry to my momma about it like a woossey. I took my knife and cut the dude a couple days later and he never screwed with me again. So I can say that bullying was a very positive experience for me at least.

Posted by: Anonymous11111 ()
Date: December 31, 2010 02:51AM

I was bullied out of LBSS. I was held in a chokehold, beaten, and mentally bullied. All for no reason. The school has made a few kids kill themselves because of the bullying. The school is cruel, dangerous, and filled with gangs and drugs. That school messes you up in the head. You can develop actual mental disorders with the shit that goes on there.

Posted by: Fucklbss323 ()
Date: December 31, 2010 02:56AM

Harmless bulling my ASS. DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY KIDS KILLED THEMSELVES IN THAT SCHOOL??? The principal jokes around and sits on his as but he never does anything. The teachers witness fights but when the teacher is brought into the office, they say they dont know anything. ALL STUDENTS THERE WILL END UP SCUM BY THE TIME THEY LEAVE THAT SCHOOL. THE SCHOOL CHANGES YOU, NOT IN A GOOD WAY!!!!

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: December 31, 2010 01:34PM

_FAIRFAX COUNTYS MASTER OF METAL_ Wrote:
> This was before my time but some dude back in the
> 80s took a shotgun with him to school and had a 24
> hour standoff with the FCPD right in front of the
> school.
>
>

It wasn't a 24 hour standoff, only about 6 hours. Guy was pissed his girlfriend broke up with him. She was still a student, he had graduated the year before. He took the main office hostage and the rest of the school went into lockdown. Of course, that was before the term 'lockdown' was really used, but that's what they did. Students were kept in whatever classes they were in when it started for about three hours and then everyone was filed out of the school at the far end, nearest Lake Braddock Dr.There was yellow tape around the perimeter of the grounds and news crews on LB Dr.

LB sucks. I woould never send my kids there. Too large, too clique-ish, and really stuck up. And then you have eleven year olds going to school with nineteen year olds...talk about early education.

Posted by: dududdud ()
Date: January 03, 2011 05:58AM

those people who bring weapon ain't nothing just bunch fucking kids with sick mind acting stupid like there going to be famous for running in a school with weapon just proof how really stupid people really are in real life no wonder the world never changes people getting bully left and right and got people with no brain bring weapons to school like dambass

Posted by: dummy ()
Date: January 03, 2011 08:46PM

"Does anyone know what exactly these offenses were?"

For weapons-

Posted by: Callie ()
Date: August 25, 2013 09:03PM

I think the bullying has less to do with weapons and more with fear...my daughter received daily threats to her life up through even graduation day. She refused to use the bathroom at school for fear they'd catch her there. Teachers were not supportive and neither was the administration. There first answer is to do a peer mediation which means she has to front the 20 kids threatening her and then when they leave it just gets worse...really bad.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.