HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Texans for Terry
Posted by: Wendy Davis ()
Date: August 11, 2013 09:57AM

What happens in Texas doesn't stay in Texas.

I'm Wendy Davis. I took a stand earlier this summer and filibustered an initiative to reform health care in Texas. If you were one of the thousands who stood with me that night: thank you.

But Texas didn't invent the idea of trying to legislate health center safety.

Ken Cuccinelli fought for years to impose regulations on health centers in Virginia. He won that fight and one overcrowded center has already shut down. Since then similar laws spread to Ohio, to North Carolina, and of course to Texas.

But we can stop this assault on access to health care before it goes any further.

Donate $20 to Terry's campaign to defeat Ken Cuccinelli and show his allies that there's a real political cost of taking access to health care away.

When I stood up in Texas, I was overwhelmed by the number of people who stood with me.

Concerned Texans packed the gallery that night making it a true people's filibuster.

Tens of thousands of people around the country tweeted, emailed, and amplified our message to keep the fight going.

And hundreds of Virginians dug deep to contribute to our fight in Texas, because they couldn't watch idly while Texas women lost access to health care.

Now it's my turn to return that favor to Virginia.

My friend Terry McAuliffe believes everyone should be able to make their health decisions with their doctor — and without extreme politicians trying to impose their agenda.

Electing Terry sends a powerful message about the strength of patients and our allies when we band together.

Donate $20 right now to show Ken Cuccinelli, Rick Perry, and all of their allies scheming to push this kind of legislation that we're only getting stronger.

Your friend and proud ally from Texas,

Wendy

Senator Wendy Davis
Texas State Senate, District 10

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Texans for Terry
Posted by: rta ()
Date: August 11, 2013 10:22AM

Fuck Texans who feel the need to stick their noses into Virginia politics.
Terry McAwfful is a pos who'll take your guns and tell you to pack fudge.

Posted by: TheTruth ()
Date: August 11, 2013 10:35AM

" one overcrowded center has already shut down"

That must be the one in Fairfax that killed a woman, hospitalized others and forced the owner/physician to surrender her medical license for medical malpractice...back alleys were safer for women than this place. Of course the real circumstances were never reported in the local newspapers and the Korean doctor who lost her license still owned the place and was rumored to continue her practice without a license.

You must be one of the five or ten liberals who live in Texas...maybe you should consider a move to Boston or someplace like that. You won't be welcome here but probably because you're a Cowboys fan.

Women's health indeed!

Posted by: Tray von Martin ()
Date: August 11, 2013 08:29PM

"...because they couldn't watch idly while Texas women lost access to health care." WTF is she talking about? Nobody took away any woman's health care. They just made it so she had to decide sooner than later whether she'd carry that unwanted human in her to term.

Posted by: Dear Wendy ()
Date: August 11, 2013 08:41PM

Wendy,

I hope that you really would take the time to really understand what has gone on. It's not a matter of closing down health centers just because it seems like a good idea. However, there are many factors that need to be considered. If the center is not meeting the health sanitary conditions prescribed by a state, then, yes, it should be shut down.

Also, Wendy, I think it's time for you to really come clean as your statement that you made, is withholding some facts, which I'm assuming you carefully left out for the benefit of your post in order to con people into making a donation.

The health centers that were closed were actually women's health centers. They were not general medical facilities that treat all people. If a women's health center is unsanitary or overcrowded because they're performing too many procedures, then they should be subject to the state regulation. Don't you think?

On the other hand, it is Terry McAuliffe who does not feel that unsanitary women's clinics should follow the same standards as other medical facilities.

I think instead of people taking your suggestion to donate $20 to the campaign, people are better off donating $20 to their favorite charity. We only know what lots of money does for a campaign. They use it to produced endless amounts of TV commercials that are not really factual and tend to be smear campaigns.

Thank you,

Posted by: kindful ()
Date: August 12, 2013 06:38PM

Posted by: sandra ()
Date: August 13, 2013 03:13PM

Wendy if you are so "pro woman" how many women have you allowed to be killed by abortion while you stood on your soap box? Millions will never get a chance at life like you have.

Posted by: HRA ()
Date: August 13, 2013 03:21PM

The majority of the abortions in this world are to kill girls. So how in the hell is abortion a feminine ideal.

-h r a

Posted by: Plastic ()
Date: August 13, 2013 04:07PM

Posted by: stingy mcgee ()
Date: August 13, 2013 04:16PM

Sorry I dont give money to people who advocate murder as a safe alternative.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: August 13, 2013 04:34PM

Wendy Davis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What happens in Texas doesn't stay in Texas.
>
> I'm Wendy Davis. I took a stand earlier this
> summer and filibustered an initiative to reform
> health care in Texas. If you were one of the
> thousands who stood with me that night: thank
> you.
>
> But Texas didn't invent the idea of trying to
> legislate health center safety.
>
> Ken Cuccinelli fought for years to impose
> regulations on health centers in Virginia. He won
> that fight and one overcrowded center has already
> shut down. Since then similar laws spread to Ohio,
> to North Carolina, and of course to Texas.
>
> But we can stop this assault on access to health
> care before it goes any further.
>
> Donate $20 to Terry's campaign to defeat Ken
> Cuccinelli and show his allies that there's a real
> political cost of taking access to health care
> away.
>
> When I stood up in Texas, I was overwhelmed by the
> number of people who stood with me.
>
> Concerned Texans packed the gallery that night
> making it a true people's filibuster.
>
> Tens of thousands of people around the country
> tweeted, emailed, and amplified our message to
> keep the fight going.
>
> And hundreds of Virginians dug deep to contribute
> to our fight in Texas, because they couldn't watch
> idly while Texas women lost access to health
> care.
>
> Now it's my turn to return that favor to
> Virginia.
>
> My friend Terry McAuliffe believes everyone should
> be able to make their health decisions with their
> doctor — and without extreme politicians trying
> to impose their agenda.
>
> Electing Terry sends a powerful message about the
> strength of patients and our allies when we band
> together.
>
> Donate $20 right now to show Ken Cuccinelli, Rick
> Perry, and all of their allies scheming to push
> this kind of legislation that we're only getting
> stronger.
>
> Your friend and proud ally from Texas,
>
> Wendy
>
> Senator Wendy Davis
> Texas State Senate, District 10

You obviously weren't paying attention.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.