HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Monument DR I-66 off ramp Light
Posted by: Monument Dr off ramp user ()
Date: June 09, 2013 12:26PM

The traffic light sensor and cycle for the Monument Dr off ramp is causing problems. People get out of their cars to harass the 1st car stopped at light. It is a long cycle, the buried sensor is so far forward that one must creep up and block the pedestrian walk to activate the traffic light cycle. Numerous times drivers have exited their cars to "have a word with the "1st" car waiting. As if they "are the problem". This has happened many times. The sign says "No turn on red" (for a right turn) and visibility is poor in both directions, thus the-"no turns sign". PEOPLE just wait, it will turn. The traffic engineers could do a better job though. Please "tweek" the timing and adjust the road sensors before some chicken legged, impatient old man gets a black eye!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Monument DR I-66 off ramp Light
Posted by: Fugee ()
Date: June 09, 2013 12:39PM

Shit ain't gon get fixed by posting all up in here...

D'joo think VDOT's looking at this forum?

If only they had a website of their own...

Posted by: MD I66ORL ()
Date: June 09, 2013 02:20PM

Yes I know that & agree w/ you. But 60 peeps have viewed this and just looking for observation & feedback. People get so crabby, waiting for long cycle traffic lights. But getting out of the car, walking 6 cars up to the 1st in line to tell them off, run the light, why are you making US wait".. just incredible. The post was to see if anyone else (that reads Ffx UGRND) has observed this, that's all. A tad unusual, even w/ the typical"impatient people But VDOT workers do read this, I have noticed. Just looking for similar experiences...any out there ?

Posted by: T ()
Date: June 09, 2013 03:32PM

Off ramp user: I don't use that ramp, but I've gotten traction on similar issues in the past by communicating with my county supervisor and state delegate. Anything that annoys constituents is likely to get their attention, worth a try.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: June 09, 2013 09:28PM

T Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Off ramp user: I don't use that ramp, but I've
> gotten traction on similar issues in the past by
> communicating with my county supervisor and state
> delegate. Anything that annoys constituents is
> likely to get their attention, worth a try.

You get better results as elections draw near.

Posted by: MD I66 RL ()
Date: June 09, 2013 10:35PM

The fact that the ramp opened for non-HOV, west bound is a very good thing. Especially for those that shop, live & commute -using 66. Yes the elected Reps helped with that. Now, just make it work with out problems that are Easy to fix. Next step, open the ramp for east bound, non-HOV...every day, all the time ramp.

Posted by: ?????????? ()
Date: June 10, 2013 06:36AM

I know what you mean, I really hate this light.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.