HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Reckless Driving Court Decision - WHAT NOW?
Posted by: Arthur ()
Date: April 30, 2013 11:36AM

Hi,

I was caught when I was driving over the speed limit in VA (Reckless Driving General). I didn't appear in the court as I was out of country. The verdict is $2000 fine + 6 months license suspension. Could you please let me know if this affects my visa application or security clearance in the U.S? I need to apply for a new visa in a couple of months. I want to know if I have to pay the fine immediately or if it doesn't affect my records. Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reckless Driving Court Decision - WHAT NOW?
Posted by: get the fuck off ffu TROLL ()
Date: April 30, 2013 11:45AM

STOP FUCKING TROLLING FFU YOU FUCKTARD!!!! YOU KNOW THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN YOU ARE JUST FUCKING ASKING DUMB SHIT!!!!

GET A FUCKING LIFE AND IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT..........EAT A BULLET!

Posted by: imigakion ()
Date: April 30, 2013 01:59PM

it will flag on a visa, and they will question you. and you are not eligible for a clearance if you are applying for a visa.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer2 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 02:59PM

There is no way that you can be applying for a Visa, be on a Visa, or be a permanent resident and have a security clearance or an application for a security clearance.

Only U.S. Citizens can apply for Security clearances on a job necessary basis.

Posted by: Don't worry be happy! ()
Date: May 01, 2013 12:27AM

I know a guy that travels most of the time and gets speeding tickets in various places in Virginia occasionally. The first one he got for reckless driving due to going over 80 mph on the Interstate he ignored and never did pay it off, as it was in another part of the state. They never issued a warrant either, as he uses an out of state license--never changed it out when moving here. So they may never catch up with you, if they don't follow up on the case when you do not appear in court. Most they might do is stamp the record as "overdue" file it and it gets forgotton--then it stays buried in their local records of the court, never to be heard of again. It has been 4 years since my friend got his ticket that was never paid off.

Posted by: GFR ()
Date: May 01, 2013 01:46AM

I call bull shit on the previous post. If your friend got a reckless driving ticket there are 3 basic options. 1-He was convicted in absence. 2-Warrant was issued. 3-For some reason the ticket was tossed out. Option 2 and 3 are pretty clear. Option 1 works like this. You get convicted in your absence. They mail you the notice. You have a set period of time to pay. If you do not pay then VA DMV suspends your license to drive in VA. Even if you had a license from another state, they suspend it here in VA. You could be driving around on a Texas license and get several tickets in other states and still be fine. But the next time you get stopped here in VA, your name will return as being suspended. They will tow your car and if you are form another state will most likely make a trip to the local jail.

Good example is my brother in laws navy buddy who is stationed in VA Beach. He got off work and ran over to his local gun shop to buy a handgun. He was still in his flight suit even. He is standing there waiting for his background check to clear. Should be no issue as he has a security clearance and all. Two cops walk in and ask him for his ID and confirm who he is. Next thing he knows he is being handcuffed and given a ride to jail. Guy is totally freaking out. Here is what happened. The dip shit got a reckless driving ticket about 2 years before this. He never went to court as he was getting ready to deploy and claimed he forgot. Needless to say a warrant was issued for his arrest. He was gone for 8 months and claims forgot about it when he got back. About a year goes by and he never has been stopped since that time. Well when they did his background check while trying to buy the gun, he returned as being wanted with an active warrant. The gun shop then calls the police and then 2 cops show up. And off to jail he went.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.