HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What implications does a war with N. Korea have on the high population of Koreans in FFXCO?
Posted by: SlowlyBecomingALocal ()
Date: April 11, 2013 10:59AM

If North Korea were to go to war with the US and South Korea. What would that mean, and what would the impacts be for areas in Fairfax County that have been taken over by Koreans. Namely the neighborhoods of Little-Korea, Little-Korea, Medium-Korea, The-Other-Little-Korea and Centreville.

Will we see an influx of "visiting family" from South Korea? I know if I was them, and had family over there, I'd have them come stay with me until the whole thing blows over.

Especially any elderly folks, they could come for a "visit" and literally disappear. No need to drive, work, vote. They'd just stay home and watch the little Korean Children all day while mom & dad work their resturants, and the older silblings get advanced educations from TJ, VT and Georgetown.

Another issue could come if we do enter an all out war with NK -- how the hell am I suppose to know if you're N. Korean, or S. Korean? I'm obliged by my patriotic duties bestowed upon me by the Constitution of these United States to take them out by whatever means necessary, even if I suspect a North Korean association.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What implications does a war with N. Korea have on the high population of Koreans in FFXCO?
Posted by: Yellow Fever ()
Date: April 11, 2013 11:51AM

They are all North Koreans here now. Sending their hard currency to the homeland. All that dry-cleaning, resturant and massage parlor cash.

Re: What implications does a war with N. Korea have on the high population of Koreans in FFXCO?
Posted by: Hawkeye ()
Date: April 11, 2013 11:54AM

Tell you what to do...go hide in your basement with your backward prejudices and you'll be nice and safe. And so will we without you roaming the streets.

Posted by: Stabitha ()
Date: April 11, 2013 12:06PM

The ones living here are paying for the bombs back there

Posted by: Franklin Roosevelt ()
Date: April 11, 2013 12:15PM

To the internment camps with them!

japanese-internment-camp-3.jpg

(Those "tolerant" Democrats didn't mention that part when they were wanting your votes huh Mr. Korean? lol)

Posted by: The cost of stupidity ()
Date: April 11, 2013 12:21PM

We have had troops, weapons, supplies in Korea for over sixty years and now the fucking citizens are waking up. How much has this cost? Should have dealt with the problem 10 Presidents ago. What a waste of taxpayers money.
Fat and stupid is no way to live in America.

Posted by: faith-in-man ()
Date: April 11, 2013 12:30PM

The cost of stupidity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We have had troops, weapons, supplies in Korea for
> over sixty years and now the fucking citizens are
> waking up. How much has this cost? Should have
> dealt with the problem 10 Presidents ago. What a
> waste of taxpayers money.
> Fat and stupid is no way to live in America.

but the government can handle it. they're smart. the won elections of the people, which means they must be the best of the best. i'm paying my taxes, so they should really be putting my money to hard work. right?

Date: April 11, 2013 12:36PM

Hawkeye Wrote:
> Tell you what to do...go hide in your basement
> with your backward prejudices and you'll be nice
> and safe. And so will we without you roaming the
> streets.

prejudice would be me assuming a Korean owned a sushi shop in town. "POST-judice" is when I see that he and all of his neighbors own all of them!!!

Is it prejudice to say someone living in a neighborhood full of multimillion dollar homes is well to do?

Prejudice - Making assumptions before you know the facts. I think everyone knows the facts about what's going on in C-ville.

Besides, that's not the point. the point is they're are a TON of Koreans in places like Centreville. What implications are we and they facing if this NK situation goes South (pun intended).

Posted by: SlowLocal ()
Date: April 11, 2013 01:15PM

So what are these "facts" about whats going on in C-ville, skippy?

Date: April 11, 2013 01:40PM

SlowLocal Wrote:
> So what are these "facts" about whats going on in
> C-ville, skippy?

This guy knows: http://centreville.patch.com/articles/patrol-officer-leads-police-outreach-to-local-korean-americans#photo-9325755

If you ask me, this guy is racist. He's favoring Korean citizens, even if another officer has responded.

> "If someone has difficulty with English or is new to the country"

Why would a korean immediately be assumed as having trouble with english, or being new to the country?

Education:
Here's the Korean Embassy's website: http://usa.mofa.go.kr/korean/am/usa/information/education/index.jsp

In the education second, there are about a dozen different sections for obtaining scholarships, admittance to programs to get people into american education systems. Most of them are directed to Fairfax and Arlington schools. Even with links to the applications, and instructions on requirements for addmissions to schools like Thomas Jefferson.

Posted by: racist ()
Date: April 11, 2013 01:47PM

Koreans are such a drain on our country. Doing well in school, obeying the law, working hard, starting businesses.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: April 11, 2013 01:52PM

I think they must all be pretty nervous, because I was in Annandale an hour ago and they can't seem to concentrate on the road.

Posted by: WytuN ()
Date: April 11, 2013 02:05PM

WingNut Wrote:
> I think they must all be pretty nervous, because I
> was in Annandale an hour ago and they can't seem
> to concentrate on the road.

lets not get racist now...we all know Annandale Koreans and Centreville Koreans have both branched off of Koreans enough that their driving habits are different. Don't get me wrong, they both suck, and I honestly don't know which are worse, but you can definitely tell an A-dale K and a C-ville apart on the road. Its evolution. the roads in those areas teach you to drive differently.

Posted by: debt to society ()
Date: April 11, 2013 02:46PM

all the zippers between the ages of 16-65 will be rounded up and put on a container ship stacked high and off to the peninsula they go. Once unloaded, two are given a clip and one is given a old garand they have stockpiled ( see garands USA will not take back). March them to the front lines.

Posted by: the very obvious ()
Date: April 11, 2013 03:56PM

The number of people who have escaped North Korea (DPRK) is miniscule. One can discern just how difficult it is for citizens to leave that country by reading Barbara Demick's book "Nothing to Envy". Accordingly, it is fairly safe assumption that the vast, vast majority of people of Korean descent in the Virginia area are from South Korea. Given that the DPRK is beyond question one of the most brutal and xenophobic states in the globe, it is likely, that the Koreans here are pretty darn nervous about the state of current affairs, especially since blood relation between and amongst people in the two countries have been severed since the early 50's. My guess is that most Koreans here would support US assistance in the event of an aggressive North Korean action, even if at times the US presence in South Korea has been less than desired over the past decade. I am not sure in this situation if joking with our Korean friends is the right thing to do. North Korea is desperate, and their economy runs on military extortion and threats. Most rational people think the DPRK would not do anything so stupid, but that does not provide comfort with an irrational state like the DPRK.

Posted by: Douche ()
Date: April 11, 2013 04:25PM

Stabitha Wrote:
> The ones living here are paying for the bombs back
> there

Just like the people in Fairfax have to foot the bill for your piece of shit freind's time in jail...

Posted by: God Bless America ()
Date: April 11, 2013 06:02PM

And no eating my dog. Ever heard of predigested rice.
Feed a dog rice and let it digest the food. Kill and cook dog with stomach and intestines.
It's a Korean delicacy.
60 years of this bullshit. We complain about human atrocities but what about the poor dogs that have to eat rice?
My dog hates rice. And celery.

Posted by: JustCurious ()
Date: April 11, 2013 06:32PM

My understanding is that the majority of Koreans here are actually South Koreans. Besides, not sure why we would be pissed off at the N Korean people when the problems are only with the leadership of that country. The poor citizens are being brainwashed.

Posted by: jip ()
Date: April 11, 2013 06:40PM

The cost of stupidity Wrote:
> We have had troops, weapons, supplies in Korea for
> over sixty years and now the fucking citizens are
> waking up. How much has this cost? Should have
> dealt with the problem 10 Presidents ago. What a
> waste of taxpayers money.
> Fat and stupid is no way to live in America.

One word for why we didn't "deal with the problem 10 presidents ago".

China

They have millions in uniform.

Sure, our high tech weaponry is far superior, but if it became necessary (and it would) to go toe-to-toe with China on the ground, we would cut and run.

There's only so many trailer park kids and they have been decimated in Iraq and Afghanistan. There is NO WAY middle and upper class parents would put their kids in the Chinese meatgrinder.

Date: April 11, 2013 06:45PM

jip Wrote:
> >
> There's only so many trailer park kids and they
> have been decimated in Iraq and Afghanistan.
> .

haha you havent been in Kentucky or Tennessee lately have you? There's a million man army in those 2 states alone!

Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: April 11, 2013 07:12PM

jip Wrote:
> They have millions in uniform.

Yes, but the majority are only moderately trained and poorly equipped.

> Sure, our high tech weaponry is far superior, but
> if it became necessary (and it would) to go
> toe-to-toe with China on the ground, we would cut
> and run.

We have this great thing called air power and artillery. I'm not denying that it would be bloody (it would), but I have a hard time believing that the Chinese would be able to overrun a division capable of calling in air strikes and artillery. Human wave tactics work until you come up with someone who can stop them. Hence, why the USSR didn't do so well with human wave tactics.

> There's only so many trailer park kids and they
> have been decimated in Iraq and Afghanistan.
> There is NO WAY middle and upper class parents
> would put their kids in the Chinese meatgrinder.

If we went to war with China, I see no situation in which there wouldn't be a draft. Under the Selective Service Act currently in effect, deferments are very tough to get.

Posted by: FFU's newest chicken hawk ()
Date: April 11, 2013 07:26PM

Stabitha Wrote:
> jip Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > >
> > There's only so many trailer park kids and they
> > have been decimated in Iraq and Afghanistan.
> > .
>
> haha you havent been in Kentucky or Tennessee
> lately have you? There's a million man army in
> those 2 states alone!

Why don't you serve this country, stabitha? Don't volunteer others when you can serve yourself?
Get off your buddies lap and do a couple in basic.

Date: April 11, 2013 07:50PM

FFU's newest chicken hawk Wrote:
> Stabitha Wrote:
> -----
> > > >
> >
>
> Why don't you serve this country, stabitha? Don't
> volunteer others when you can serve yourself?
> Get off your buddies lap and do a couple in basic.

If youre trying to hook up with me youre going about it all wrong.

Posted by: jip ()
Date: April 11, 2013 08:17PM

Young Curmudgeon Wrote:
> > Sure, our high tech weaponry is far superior,
> but
> > if it became necessary (and it would) to go
> > toe-to-toe with China on the ground, we would
> cut
> > and run.
>
> We have this great thing called air power and
> artillery. I'm not denying that it would be bloody
> (it would), but I have a hard time believing that
> the Chinese would be able to overrun a division
> capable of calling in air strikes and artillery.
> Human wave tactics work until you come up with
> someone who can stop them. Hence, why the USSR
> didn't do so well with human wave tactics.

Yeah, that great air power really worked in 'Nam, huh?

China will prevail because they don't mind dying. Once we shoot off all our high stuff and it's time to get on the ground with them, we'll fold up like $2 chair.

See Somalia, they dragged a few soldiers through the street, and that was it, we were outta there like a cat shot in the ass.

Our problem is we want to live. Fuck with China and our military will NOT be on the golf course by 3:00 pm. The US knows this and that's the reason for the 60 year stalemate.

Posted by: Hughjhfbj ()
Date: April 11, 2013 08:18PM

More Koreans = more school shootings

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: April 11, 2013 08:24PM

All I give a fuck about, is that the buffets will still be in business, when war does break out. The way fat boy is acting, its going to happen.

Posted by: Young Curmudgeon ()
Date: April 11, 2013 09:20PM

jip Wrote:
> Yeah, that great air power really worked in 'Nam,
> huh?

What is Vietnam covered in? What are Korea and China not covered in? Air power doesn't work in a jungle.

> China will prevail because they don't mind dying.
> Once we shoot off all our high stuff and it's time
> to get on the ground with them, we'll fold up like
> $2 chair.

Nonsense, even the most fanatical units have people who mind dying. Read half the stuff from people on Iwo Jima or SS units. Many of them were downright terrified of dying.

> See Somalia, they dragged a few soldiers through
> the street, and that was it, we were outta there
> like a cat shot in the ass.

We shouldn't have been in Somalia in the first place. How many lives are we willing to give up for someone who wasn't really much of a threat to anyone outside of Somalia?

> Our problem is we want to live. Fuck with China
> and our military will NOT be on the golf course by
> 3:00 pm. The US knows this and that's the reason
> for the 60 year stalemate.

There are so many reasons we haven't fought a war with China. It's not an issue of military strength, as we'd probably win a war (at what cost, I don't know). It's a geopolitical issue with a multitude of factors.

Posted by: no more ()
Date: April 12, 2013 07:35AM

Stop sending Americans to die for the "freedom" of people in foreign lands that won't reciprocrate. P.S. > kick the UN out of NYC, send their mooching asses to the Netherlands

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 12, 2013 08:26AM

no more Wrote:
> Stop sending Americans to die for the "freedom" of
> people in foreign lands that won't reciprocrate.
> P.S. > kick the UN out of NYC, send their mooching
> asses to the Netherlands

and if we do that they will stop putting chemicals in our clouds,right?
Attachments:
conspiracy.jpg

Posted by: DG6wY ()
Date: April 12, 2013 08:35AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> no more Wrote:
> -----
> > Stop sending Americans to die for the "freedom"
> of
> > people in foreign lands that won't reciprocrate.
>
> > P.S. > kick the UN out of NYC, send their
> mooching
> > asses to the Netherlands
>
>
> and if we do that they will stop putting chemicals
> in our clouds,right?

Right again Fagdon. Your babbling jibberish is always appreciated in threads. Everyone just loves them that Gortard.

o_0
Attachments:
gordon yoko.gif

Posted by: TNYTN ()
Date: April 12, 2013 10:38AM

The new refugees will probably open many massagi parlors.War in Korea could be a +.8-)

Posted by: FJEkJ ()
Date: April 12, 2013 11:14AM

The results of a classified Defense Intelligence Agency report indicate that “North Korea now has nuclear weapons capable of delivery by ballistic missiles.”

That was the bombshell out of a House Armed Services Committee hearing Thursday.

It came when Rep. Doug Lamborn (R) of Colorado began quoting from what he said was an unclassified version of the DIA report, which has not yet been made public.

Posted by: * void ()
Date: April 12, 2013 12:26PM

SlowlyBecomingALocal Wrote:
> If North Korea were to go to war with the US and
> South Korea. What would that mean, and what would
> the impacts be for areas in Fairfax County that
> have been taken over by Koreans. Namely the
> neighborhoods of Little-Korea, Little-Korea,
> Medium-Korea, The-Other-Little-Korea and Centreville.

Don't worry, if there's war with North Korea it will be over pretty quickly.

Posted by: New York minute ()
Date: April 12, 2013 04:52PM

* void Wrote:
> SlowlyBecomingALocal Wrote:
> -----
> > If North Korea were to go to war with the US
> and
> > South Korea. What would that mean, and what
> would
> > the impacts be for areas in Fairfax County that
> > have been taken over by Koreans. Namely the
> > neighborhoods of Little-Korea, Little-Korea,
> > Medium-Korea, The-Other-Little-Korea and
> Centreville.
>
> Don't worry, if there's war with North Korea it
> will be over pretty quickly.

Iran quick or Afghanistan quick?

Posted by: Gremlin ()
Date: April 12, 2013 05:26PM

1. If they already have the capability of sending nuke warheads over here on ballistic missiles, first--who gave that technology to them--possibly ready made to meet a deadline? 2.if we already know that, then we also know that in a war declaration with NK, those giving the technology to them in the first place have their reasons to get a moron to do the sparking for them, and that superpower will join in very soon if not immediately after war is declared. We will not be fighting a flea on a dog's anus, but a flea (perched on one of the superpowers) that is being used as a trigger.

Posted by: * void ()
Date: April 12, 2013 05:29PM

New York minute Wrote:
> Iran quick or Afghanistan quick?

End of the world quick.

Posted by: tard boy ()
Date: April 13, 2013 06:12PM

New York minute Wrote:

> >
> > Don't worry, if there's war with North Korea it
> > will be over pretty quickly.
>
> Iran quick or Afghanistan quick?

Are you a moron? When was our war with Iran?Idiots should not try to be pithy.

Posted by: An expressive fruit? ()
Date: April 13, 2013 07:14PM

tard boy Wrote:
> New York minute Wrote:
> -----
>
> > >
> > > Don't worry, if there's war with North Korea
> it
> > > will be over pretty quickly.
> >
> > Iraq quick or Afghanistan quick?
>
tard boy responded by posting:
> Are you a moron? When was our war with Iran?Idiots
> should not try to be pithy.

Pithy? Expressive word or a fruit with pits? At least your name(handle,avatar) is correct

Posted by: Murry Head ()
Date: April 13, 2013 07:46PM

Pyongyang, the Oriental City.
And the city don't know what the city is getting.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.