HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
McLean's own Terry McAuliffe in trouble
Posted by: Rancearot Rink ()
Date: April 05, 2013 04:10PM

Rut row

Rooks rike MacAuriffe might be in some deep kimchi. Me rikee

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/04/feds-look-at-cash-source-in-mcauliffe-car-scam

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: McLean's own Terry McAuliffe in trouble
Posted by: RydellRoad ()
Date: April 05, 2013 04:11PM

So is there anyone running that is NOT a crook?

Posted by: Good news ()
Date: April 05, 2013 04:16PM

Seeing I'll be forced to vote for anyone but Ken Cuccinelli, and the GOP doesn't seem interested in putting forth someone who can actually win, I'll be happy to see Terry McAuliffe drop out now due to scandal. Maybe we can get a good candidate from the D side.

Posted by: jenny craig ()
Date: April 05, 2013 04:17PM

dude in the green shirt is fat, man boobs going on

Posted by: Voter booth ()
Date: April 05, 2013 05:27PM

The more crimes committed by a democrat, the more their constituents are likely to vote for them. How else would all those dems get to run every major city into the ground? Dems=Felons.

Posted by: FriendsOfKookinelli ()
Date: April 05, 2013 07:41PM

What an amusing little piece of "investigative reporting". I can't say which of its scattered and poorly researched narratives is the more compelling: the baseless innuendo of fraud from comparing two of McAufliffe's business ventures to the unrelated actions of an individual in Chicago convicted of defrauding foreign investors; or the patently absurd claim that GreenTech Automotive is some sort of shell corporation to cover criminal activity.

In the former, this is tantamount to my claiming that because Mr. Cuccinelli's second largest donor, Bobby Thompson of the USNVA, was convicted of embezzling funds intended to help veterans (and was a fugitive for years afterwards, all of Mr. Cuccinelli's campaign contributors are criminals. But surely that can't be the case.

In the latter, it would seem that no less a stalwart of the GOP then Haley Barbour, MS governor at the time, must have been duped into (successfully) competing for the location of GreenTech's plant. http://www.memphisdailynews.com/news/2012/jul/13/region-should-benefit-from-greentech-opening/print.

Ironically, Mr. Cuccinelli has repeatedly critized Mr. McAuliffe and GreenTech for the decision to locate their production facilities in Mississippi and deprive Virginia of the jobs. But as the author of the Breitbart piece would have to agree, if GreenTech exists to defraud foreign investors and not make electric cars, there really wouldn't be any jobs anyway.

And perhaps to deflect criticism of his own lack of business experience and refusal to resign as a state employee to campaign, Mr. Cuccinelli has lambasted Mr. McAuliffe for resigning from GreenTech and his other businesses in December of last year. It seems Mr. Cuccinelli regards this as delegitimizing Mr. McAuliffe's campaign, since Mr. McAuliffe can no longer claim to be focused on Virginia business.

But really, my favorite part is the "reporter's" pointed qualification of McLean as McAuliffe's "adopted" hometown. I take it this is meant to diminish McAuliffe's status as a Virginian. One wonders if Mr. Cuccinelli, of Edison NJ, would agree.

Posted by: Prediction ()
Date: April 05, 2013 10:49PM

Once more McAuliffe/GreenTech scandal details are exosed, Terry McAuliffe will drop out of the race to spend more time with his family.

Posted by: Gerrymanderer ()
Date: April 06, 2013 12:39AM

Bullshit source, old reporting, Cuccinelli is getting kickbacks as we speak. Plus he's a nut job, this is going to be an easy election. Governor McAullife is going to do a great job getting things done unlike the Republican tax hikers on the north like McDonnell.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.