HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Tax payment history with county
Posted by: Imtypingthisonthetoilet ()
Date: March 03, 2013 07:22PM

My tax guy wants to know how much I paid in personal property taxes this year. I have no fucking clue and I have thousands of transactions on my accounts last year.

How can I easily find out how much money I gave Uncle Fairfax last year for my Honda?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tax payment history with county
Posted by: Greybeard ()
Date: March 03, 2013 07:44PM

Go to www.fairfaxcounty.com/dta and see if you can find it. With the VIN I'd think you can. It will want the "property number" at first; in the future, pay online (via e-check, no charge) and let it save the property number, so you can look it up by letting your browser fill in the number. (Yeah, I know this because I, too, failed to keep my PPT bill with my tax stuff, and my tax guy needed the number...my browser saved me from digging through my paperwork drawer!)

Posted by: LV ()
Date: March 04, 2013 10:42AM

You should keep a folder for tax stuff and keep it up to date as you make payments during the year. Then you won't be scrambling for info at the end of the year. This is such a basic thing...

Posted by: LV ()
Date: March 04, 2013 10:42AM

You should keep a folder for tax stuff and keep it up to date as you make payments during the year. Then you won't be scrambling for info at the end of the year. This is such a basic thing...

Posted by: cpa ()
Date: March 04, 2013 10:51AM

Ditto. Keep tax records and returns for 7 years, at least.

I bet you have the latest fucking high dollar iToy, but can't buy a dollar folder.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.