HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
When are big ski sales in the area?
Posted by: Rambunctious ()
Date: February 17, 2013 10:25PM

Ski Chalet (Chantilly) had tempting deals for President's Sale. Season about over so I'm really looking for getting set for next year. When is best time to go hunting? Any other places that will offer comparable equipment?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When are big ski sales in the area?
Posted by: JD ()
Date: February 18, 2013 10:01AM

Ski Chalet does their "big" sale in the fall (September?) which is includes all of the previous year's equipment plus new gear. For what it's worth, prices at Ski Chalet (and Willi's for that matter) are retail-plus.

If you want a good deal on "real" gear, I would strongly suggest the pro shops at either Whitetail or Liberty (or Snowshoe if you are heading that way). They will be selling their demo gear along with new merchandise and the staff is very knowledgeable. The demo gear is great quality, has been maintained on a regular basis and will probably cost 50-60% of what you would pay for comparable equipment at Ski Chalet. As an added bonus you will get a matched set of skis and bindings. The downside is that selection is limited.

Re: When are big ski sales in the area?
Posted by: Rambunctious ()
Date: February 18, 2013 10:40AM

Good stuff, thanks for your comments.

Not sure I'll be hitting Whitetail/Liberty ever again now that I discovered Wisp! Good idea Re: demo gear, will have to check out shops if I get out again this season.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.