HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
7100 now 286
Posted by: Fax Faxian ()
Date: June 05, 2012 06:43PM

Signs are now on the road formerly known as 7100 refering to it as 286. Sad, sad day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 7100 now 286
Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: June 05, 2012 09:16PM

VDOT was erecting a big-ass sign on the parkway heading north just after Burke Centre Parkway. It says Fairfax County Parkway: Now 286, Old 7100. The sign must be 12 feet on each side! What a waste of money! Why not just put New 286 signs above the 7100 signs which already exist?

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 05, 2012 09:20PM

@Keep - and this was the sorta thing I was bitching about - I guess we're gonna see how much money we wasted changing the stupid route number in the next few weeks or so.....................

Posted by: Native Tongue ()
Date: June 05, 2012 09:24PM

Why bother changing signs once when you can employ people two or more sign changes.....

Posted by: Johnny Galt ()
Date: June 05, 2012 09:52PM

http://www.vdot.virginia.gov/newsroom/northern_virginia/2012/three_major_parkways_now56533.asp

RELEASE:

Joan Morris 703-259-1799
Joan.Morris@vdot.virginia.gov

Jennifer McCord 703-259-1779
jennifer.mccord@vdot.virginia.gov

NR12-17

Feb. 16, 2012

THREE MAJOR PARKWAYS NOW PRIMARY ROADS
New route numbers and funding for Fairfax County, Prince William, and Franconia-Springfield parkways

FAIRFAX—The Commonwealth Transportation Board approved the transfer yesterday of the Fairfax County Parkway, Prince William Parkway and Franconia-Springfield Parkway to primary roads, making them eligible for new funding and maintenance priorities.

As primary roads, the routes can receive federal funding for paving, guardrail, bridge improvements and other projects. Federal funding typically covers 80 percent of the cost to maintain interstates and primary roads, with the remaining 20 percent from state funds.

The Fairfax County Parkway (Route 7100), which runs from Route 1 to Route 7, will be renamed Route 286. The 32-mile road carries between 22,000 and 75,000 vehicles per day.

The Franconia-Springfield Parkway (Route 7900), which runs from Beulah Road to the Fairfax County Parkway, will be renamed Route 289. The 4-mile road carries between 53,000 and 57,000 vehicles per day.

The Prince William Parkway (Route 3000), which runs from Route 1 to Route 234, will be renamed Route 294. The 16-mile road carries between 25,000 and 54,000 vehicles per day.

Over the next three months, VDOT will replace signs with the new route numbers and add additional signs indicating “Old Route 7100,” “Old Route 3000,” and “Old Route 7900.” Drivers will see the old route number alongside the new route number for about a year so that hotels, businesses, map companies, etc. have ample time to update their materials.
Roads may be considered for the transfer from secondary to primary when they meet a majority of certain criteria, such as carrying a minimum traffic volume; carrying a minimum percentage of out-of-state, truck, tractor-trailer, or bus traffic; and serving as a link for highways, county seats or sites of historic or scenic interest.

There are now about 470 miles of primary roads in northern Virginia, and 8,000 miles of primary roads statewide.

-jg

p.s. Oh you mad cuz I'm stylin' on you?

-
-
-

Posted by: Garmin ()
Date: June 05, 2012 09:57PM

Does this mean I have to buy new maps for my GPS Navi system?

Date: June 05, 2012 10:04PM

I'd like to know what the traffic counts of roads classified as primary in other parts of the state are.

Posted by: say ()
Date: June 05, 2012 10:14PM

I never called it 7100. I'll never call it 286. I'll keep calling it the Parkway.

Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: June 05, 2012 10:20PM

The VDOT standard for route numbering required the change...

>>>Routes within the Primary System are numbered from 1 through 599
statewide and roads within the Secondary System are numbered 600 and
above countywide. There is no relationship between route numbers and the
direction of the routes.

http://www.vdot.virginia.gov/info/resources/route-index-07012003.pdf

They obviously built the Parkways to be primary roads. The why they didn't designate/number them as Primary roads when they built them? Maybe because they were laid out/built before the National Highway System Designation Act of 1995 when non-Interstate highways became eligible for Federal funds?

Posted by: jim143 ()
Date: June 05, 2012 10:26PM

"...why they didn't designate/number them as Primary roads when they built them?"

Wasn't the FFX Pkwy originally built with county bonds? I think that's why. Now that the state is taking over maintenance (as if the county could maintain that road now), the traffic volume allows for primary road status and an SR designation,

Date: June 05, 2012 10:29PM

@jim-yeah. we voted on it.
@Westfield. What Jim said - that's why the original 7100 number.
@say - yeah me too. I'm just a big crybaby about it is all

pic unrelated
Attachments:
why do things have to change.jpeg

Posted by: Ghost of Jack Herrity ()
Date: June 05, 2012 10:34PM

The Fairfax County Parkway was initially built with county funding because the state wanted nothing to do with it. Its purpose was to become a sort-of outer beltway that had been discussed for decades. It coincided with developer dreams of opening up outer Fairfax County, the down-zoning of the Occoquan lands, and creation of the garbage transfer station and the need for a shortcut from that part of Fairfax to I-95 south.

The hope (not plan) was that the state would eventually take over maintenance, but that was a long shot because many corners were cut during its building. Money was saved by using traffic lights instead of interchanges, funky intersections like the one at Route 29, and asphalt bases that did not hold up well under the heavy trucking.

My favorite memory of the Parkway planning was when Fairfax announced that parcels purchased by the county with foundations would be priced as though they had finished houses on them. You can still see some of the rapidly built foundations that created many windfalls for developers in the know at the time.

Posted by: res ()
Date: June 06, 2012 09:23AM

I don't understand why this area has different names for sections of the same road. They do the same thing with 50, 236, etc... So, when your giving someone directions you have to find out where they are on 7100/fairfax cty pkw/286 and adjust your directions from where they are? Crazy.

Date: June 06, 2012 10:14AM

@res - 2 reasons
1) here in VA each town and city is it's own jurisdiction so they name their streets whatever the eff they feel like more often than in other places in the country. So when you give directions to someone, you're gonna have to check the route and see if the destination is in the county or not.

2) a lot of our roads are glued together. For example Clifton Rd crosses 29 and turns into Stringfellow Rd now. But the two roads never met up before - they realingned it that way in the 90's I think. Same with Backlick Rd/Alban Rd in Newington. Road Construction just ended up making the road flow that way, is all.

Yeah, crazy...................

Posted by: OuterLimits ()
Date: June 06, 2012 10:36AM

Is it true that the parkway was built on the old "outer beltway" right of way? I know the ICC in MD is (also 370). They should just complete the loop already

Date: June 06, 2012 11:11AM

@Outer - the chunk from 7 to 123 is. And you can forget about connecting it up unless you've got the money to buy out Potomac LoLz

Posted by: LetsRock ()
Date: June 06, 2012 11:21AM

I remember the joke about in the United States we drive on parkways and park on driveways.

Date: June 06, 2012 11:41AM

@Gordon - But what about all the right of way that was bought, im assuming here, in the 1960s? shouldnt they already own that land, or was that not included/purchased yet?

Posted by: Axl ()
Date: June 06, 2012 01:00PM

Date: June 06, 2012 01:07PM

@Outer - not in MD, I dont beleive,,,,,,,,

Date: June 06, 2012 01:10PM

Axl, thats what i would have thought, the alignment seemed too perfect... and i remember the "old" ICC proposal was supposed to stretch down to River Rd, which also would somewhat be of a similar alignment. hmm....

Posted by: 2concerned ()
Date: June 06, 2012 01:12PM

Date: June 06, 2012 01:42PM

I dunno if the right of way land in MD is still "govt owned" or not..............but here's something else on the whole subject.......who knows what'll happen I guess

http://robertdyer.blogspot.com/2012/03/outer-beltway-new-potomac-crossing.html

Posted by: neo ()
Date: June 08, 2012 02:45PM

Write the County and State.

Posted by: move into the slow lane ()
Date: June 08, 2012 03:10PM

And to this thread I might add the speed limit is still 50. Not 30mph in the left lane.
Attachments:
speed_limit_50.jpg

Posted by: supporter ()
Date: June 08, 2012 03:21PM

You are wrong about the speed limit. It is lower in construction zones.

Posted by: move into the slow lane ()
Date: June 08, 2012 03:27PM

supporter Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You are wrong about the speed limit. It is lower
> in construction zones.

Really I didnt know that. I thought you could do 50 everywhere on the parkway even when approaching red lights.
Attachments:
duh-duh1233387823.jpg

GOTDAMMIT!!!!
Date: June 11, 2012 10:32AM

so when are they gonna change the damn signs? On 123 it still says 7100 and I know at least one person who's been confused by it all so WTF, VDOT?

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: June 11, 2012 10:49AM

res Wrote:
> I don't understand why this area has different
> names for sections of the same road

You must be new here. We also have fifteen Braddock Roads.

Posted by: a river runs through it ()
Date: June 14, 2012 12:56PM

OuterLimits Wrote:
> Is it true that the parkway was built on the old
> "outer beltway" right of way? I know the ICC in MD
> is (also 370). They should just complete the loop
> already

Not sure about the rest of FFX Parkway, but at the top where it hits 7 it's on the alignment for the outer beltway. I saw a map for the Outer Beltway alignments a long time ago that placed it running through that exact area. The other side of the Potomac in Maryland is part of Montgomery's commie green space, so there is NFW that will ever be built, especially since the entire river is part of Maryland.

Date: June 14, 2012 08:43PM

ok so how long is it going to take to do the signs for this thing? I seriously didnt think that VDOT could be this half-assed in doing something as simple as changing the signs. Went by the 123 ramp and it's signed both 7100 and 286, and only southbound as far as I could tell. Not too confusing if yr not from here............

Posted by: Stones. ()
Date: June 14, 2012 10:31PM

That's dumb.

Posted by: Brenda ()
Date: June 16, 2012 04:52PM

Signs are all up. Never heard anything prior to seeing these stupid signs. REALLY stupid thing to do. Just like renaming 95/495 to 395, never agreed with it and still refuse to use it. However, this time it has already messed with the GPS tracking systems. Put 7100 into one of those about a week ago and didn't understand why it couldn't find it. I HATE it when they do these things!!!

Posted by: a non moron ()
Date: June 16, 2012 09:11PM

Bureaucracy at its finest.

Posted by: Pedantic Pedant ()
Date: June 16, 2012 09:44PM

Ok, just to clarify, the Franconia-Springfield Parkway (old 7900 new 289) runs from Beulah STREET in Fairfax County to the Fairfax County Parkway (old 7100 new 286).

Beulah Road is in the town of Vienna.

Date: June 17, 2012 04:15PM

Brenda Wrote:
> Signs are all up. Never heard anything prior to
> seeing these stupid signs. REALLY stupid thing to
> do. Just like renaming 95/495 to 395, never
> agreed with it and still refuse to use it.
> However, this time it has already messed with the
> GPS tracking systems. Put 7100 into one of those
> about a week ago and didn't understand why it
> couldn't find it. I HATE it when they do these
> things!!!

just got off the thing and saw both 7100 and 286 signs...........

I wonder how long it will take?

Posted by: TSkii ()
Date: June 17, 2012 05:39PM

I was driving up from Woodbridge on 95 yesterday... It still says 7100 and makes no mention of 286. I guess its going to take a while.

cause you know we are gonna have to pay someone to go back and fix the damn sign.....................
Date: June 19, 2012 07:58PM

GOTDAMMIT, VDOT!!!! WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT!!?!?!

seriously, WHAT SORT OF DUMB ASS SHIT IS THIS!?!?!?!
Attachments:
wtf.jpg

Re: cause you know we are gonna have to pay someone to go back and fix the damn sign.....................
Date: June 19, 2012 09:44PM

Is that westbound US 50? They are probably about to cover the upper "7100" with a "286" shield.

Date: June 19, 2012 10:15PM

but that's my point? why the fuck wouldnt you just do all the shit right then and there? Do it right the FIRST time, know what I'm saying?

Posted by: Fax Faxian ()
Date: June 19, 2012 10:20PM

Why do it right when you can half-ass it?

Posted by: JohnGalt338 ()
Date: June 19, 2012 10:58PM

What they need to do is change the names of the roads and make some common sense decisions. Why does the Fairfax County Parkway suddenly become the Springfield Franconia Parkway? Yes, I know that the FCP now veers off to Fort Belvoir to join the older portion of the FCP but wouldn't it make much more sense to have called that distinct leg the Ft. Belvoir Parkway?

Too many roads in this area just are assine. Backlick Road disappears only to be found again on the east side of 95. Hooes road disappears across the FCP only to reappear in a disjointed fashion farther away.

I realize that back in the horse and buggy days these roads probably were all connected -- but those days are long since gone.

Posted by: road rage ()
Date: June 19, 2012 11:03PM

Attachments:
At%20last,%20a%20clear%20road%20sign.jpg

Posted by: JustanFYI ()
Date: June 20, 2012 12:44AM

JohnGalt338 Wrote:
> What they need to do is change the names of the
> roads and make some common sense decisions. Why
> does the Fairfax County Parkway suddenly become
> the Springfield Franconia Parkway? Yes, I know
> that the FCP now veers off to Fort Belvoir to join
> the older portion of the FCP but wouldn't it make
> much more sense to have called that distinct leg
> the Ft. Belvoir Parkway?
>
> Too many roads in this area just are assine.
> Backlick Road disappears only to be found again on
> the east side of 95. Hooes road disappears across
> the FCP only to reappear in a disjointed fashion
> farther away.
>
> I realize that back in the horse and buggy days
> these roads probably were all connected -- but
> those days are long since gone.

Braddock Road is he biggest clusterfuck.

Date: June 20, 2012 06:13AM

"why the fuck wouldnt you just do all the shit right then and there?"

One crew to put on the "OLD" signs, another to modify the existing ones? Don't know if this is a union job but I've seen worse. It's a work in progress...

Date: June 20, 2012 07:21AM

two crews to do the same job?

It's that sorta stupid bullshit I was saying didnt need to be done in the first place like two MONTHS ago.............

why the fuck didnt they just make it Primary Rte 7100? How hard would that have been?

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: June 20, 2012 02:06PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
>
> why the fuck didnt they just make it Primary Rte
> 7100? How hard would that have been?

Because Primary Routes are numbered between 1-600 and secondary are numbered above 600.

Date: June 20, 2012 02:23PM

"It's that sorta stupid bullshit..."

Of course it's stupid but it's obvious that you don't work for any governments around here. Have a drink and calm down. I'm sure they'll get the correct signs up in time. I'm curious, but not upset, as to why I-66 East is being coated with yet another layer of asphalt between 50 and Nutley.

and it's that attitude you have, my friend, that creates a $2000 toilet seat.
Date: June 20, 2012 07:53PM

jim143 Wrote:
> "It's that sorta stupid bullshit..."
>
> Of course it's stupid but it's obvious that you
> don't work for any governments around here. Have
> a drink and calm down. I'm sure they'll get the
> correct signs up in time. I'm curious, but not
> upset, as to why I-66 East is being coated with
> yet another layer of asphalt between 50 and
> Nutley.

@jim - I mean, yeah - yr right. Not something you should have a coronery over. BUt shit, bro - if we dont have $$$$$ to put an interchange at Popes Head, then how the hell do I have $$$$$ to change all these signs. And apparently I have enough $$$$$$ for for them to change the SAME FUCKING SIGN more than once!?!? I'm sorry but that sort of thing pisses me off. Same as the 66 paving. I thought at first they were doing a different section when someone brought it up on here a cpl weeks ago.........but yeah, I know they just did 123 to NUtley last year, and I see they are doing it again. Only reason I can think of is cause it was NOT DONE RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! Which makes me wonder if we are paying twice for it, same was we are paying twice to change the damn 7100 sign I took a pic of................

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: June 20, 2012 08:57PM

I love working from home and not worrying about this shit.

Date: June 20, 2012 09:48PM

@Ralph - what? you think you aint paying for this shit? Better check that house assessment again, my friend LoLz

Date: June 20, 2012 09:50PM

jim143 Wrote:
> "It's that sorta stupid bullshit..."
>
> Of course it's stupid but it's obvious that you
> don't work for any governments around here. Have
> a drink and calm down. I'm sure they'll get the
> correct signs up in time. I'm curious, but not
> upset, as to why I-66 East is being coated with
> yet another layer of asphalt between 50 and
> Nutley.

When the project was planned it was decided that 66 was going to be closed every weeknight through August for resurfacing. Well the paving got done early but they still need to close the road overnight, might as well pave it again otherwise motorists would complain that the road was closed but they didnt see anyone working.

In all actuality they probably fucked the first layer and they have to redo it

Posted by: doot ()
Date: June 20, 2012 10:46PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @Ralph - what? you think you aint paying for this
> shit? Better check that house assessment again,
> my friend LoLz

You don't actually think that Fairfax County shares it's real estate tax revenue with VDOT, do you?

Date: June 20, 2012 11:26PM

yeah, yr right.............bad analogy. But it got the point across I guess LoLz

Posted by: Crabby Driver ()
Date: June 21, 2012 01:57PM

All of these signs are different. The one at Rolling and the Parkway is different that the ones ON the Parkway and the ones on the Parkway are different from each other. They had plenty of time to figure this out, it didn't happen overnight. This could ahve been done in a couple of days and been professional, but no, can't do that.

Posted by: NRA 75 ()
Date: June 23, 2012 04:50AM

A complete clusterfuck. There's no other way to put it. Terrible execution of the project, the results speak for themselves.

Posted by: gts ()
Date: July 03, 2012 01:10PM

Hey FFXU...I'm a long time reader and first time contributor.

I was so pissed when they changed good ol' 7100 to SR 286, so imagine my satisfaction when I saw this near the intersection with Wiehle. Just had to pull over and snap a picture.

Karma's a bitch, isn't it.

gts
Area 511
Attachments:
286.jpg

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: July 03, 2012 01:14PM

LOL that photo is priceless. I was driving there the other night but I never noticed the sign since the intersection was blacked out.

How retarded is it to change the route designation? It seems like a total waste of anything useful. I still hear the police dispatch referring to it as 7100 anyhow.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: gts ()
Date: July 03, 2012 04:23PM

It will always be 7100 to me.

gts
Area 511

Date: July 03, 2012 06:56PM

AWESOME PIC!!!!!

I still wonder why , if they HAD to change the signage from Secondary to Primary, why they didnt they keep the number the same? Why couldnt it be Primary Route 7100? Do you realize how many dumbfucks are gonna get lost confusing 236 with 286? A typo is all it takes to fuck up someone's entire day....................................

Posted by: The Assman ()
Date: July 03, 2012 07:12PM

286 and 7100, ass to ass !!!

Posted by: say ()
Date: July 03, 2012 07:56PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> AWESOME PIC!!!!!
>
> I still wonder why , if they HAD to change the
> signage from Secondary to Primary, why they didnt
> they keep the number the same? Why couldnt it be
> Primary Route 7100?

Maybe because Primary route numbers must be three digits and Secondary route numbers must be four digits?

Posted by: bt ()
Date: July 03, 2012 08:05PM

Want to know what else is fucked?

I live in the Barcroft Terrace neighborhood (just off Columbia Pike near the dam, Harris Teeter, etc).

One of the streets (mine) in Barcroft Terrace is named Fairfax Parkway. Try explaining that shit to everybody!

My house was built in 1954, WAY before anybody ever thought about building 7100, or even the Beltway for that matter.

Posted by: Signage ()
Date: July 03, 2012 08:16PM

7100 (old) is the Fairfax COUNTY Parkway. Different name.

Posted by: bt ()
Date: July 03, 2012 08:32PM

Signage Wrote:
> 7100 (old) is the Fairfax COUNTY Parkway.
> Different name.

Yeah, but that is lost on 99.9% of people.

Don't tell me, we've been living with it ever since the Fairfax COUNTY Parkway opened. Believe me, dude, it's a pain in the ass.

Posted by: WestfieldDad ()
Date: July 03, 2012 09:32PM

say Wrote:
> Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > AWESOME PIC!!!!!
> >
> > I still wonder why , if they HAD to change the
> > signage from Secondary to Primary, why they
> didnt
> > they keep the number the same? Why couldnt it
> be
> > Primary Route 7100?
>
>
> Maybe because Primary route numbers must be three
> digits and Secondary route numbers must be four
> digits?

As above...

>>>Routes within the Primary System are numbered from 1 through 599
statewide and roads within the Secondary System are numbered 600 and
above countywide. There is no relationship between route numbers and the
direction of the routes.

http://www.vdot.virginia.gov/info/resources/route-index-07012003.pdf

Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: July 03, 2012 10:13PM

I recall the original name was "The Springfield Bypass"

I don;t think the Fairfax County Parkway name came until much later...

Date: July 03, 2012 10:37PM

Another example of "States' Rights," getting the Feds to pick up the tab.

Another Tea Bagger fail. Hey, whatever happened to those private liquor stores, anyway?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: LinkMonster ()
Date: July 03, 2012 11:22PM

"As primary roads, the routes can receive federal funding for paving, guardrail, bridge improvements and other projects. Federal funding typically covers 80 percent of the cost to maintain interstates and primary roads, with the remaining 20 percent from state funds."

http://www.virginiadot.org/newsroom/northern_virginia/2012/three_major_parkways_now56533.asp

Date: July 04, 2012 08:51AM

@Westfield, MBF - and THIS is the BULLSHIT I am talking about. Yeah, that's the general rule, but there are at least TWO DIFFERENT EXCEPTIONS TO IT ALREADY - Danville Expressway is VA 785, and the Pocahontas Pkwy is VA 895 in Richmond. So WHY THE FUCK couldnt we simply have VA 7100 Primary? It's not brain surgery, y'know?

Posted by: jhey ()
Date: July 04, 2012 09:53AM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @Westfield, MBF - and THIS is the BULLSHIT I am
> talking about. Yeah, that's the general rule,
> but there are at least TWO DIFFERENT EXCEPTIONS TO
> IT ALREADY - Danville Expressway is VA 785, and
> the Pocahontas Pkwy is VA 895 in Richmond. So
> WHY THE FUCK couldnt we simply have VA 7100
> Primary? It's not brain surgery, y'know?

VA 785 is going to be I-785. VA 895 was supposed to become I-895, but the Feds wouldn't allow it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_State_Route_785
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virginia_State_Route_895#Interstate_designation

I'M A FIVE-STAR MAN!!

Date: July 04, 2012 10:16AM

that still doesnt deny the fact that the "rule" isnt the rule so there's no reason why we couldnt have a Primary 7100. It's stupid to fix it now, sure. I'm just saying that this whole change could have gone a hell of a lot better with just a little more grey matter applied to the situation, is all. If, for whatever reason you HAD to change the signage from secondary to primary, why not just keep the number the same - it's not like the planet will crack asunder if you do that, y'know?

Posted by: macxlii ()
Date: July 07, 2012 12:25PM

But why number 286 and 289 as 7100/7900 in the first place? Teh new numbers fitted in with the county's road numbering, so why have some long, weird numbers with which to start? Give some work to some blockheaded bureaucratic bungling jackass in VDOT?

Posted by: in the know ()
Date: July 07, 2012 12:59PM

macxlii Wrote:
> But why number 286 and 289 as 7100/7900 in the
> first place? Teh new numbers fitted in with the
> county's road numbering, so why have some long,
> weird numbers with which to start? Give some work
> to some blockheaded bureaucratic bungling jackass
> in VDOT?

Be happy, original plans were to call it the Obama Parkway because of the shovel ready thing, no kidding.

Posted by: Whatever road ()
Date: July 07, 2012 11:33PM

Just another pipeline to get thugs from one end of the county to the other.

Posted by: Jay Mosley ()
Date: July 23, 2012 05:32AM

According to a source at VDOT, once all the construction is finished on these roads, Virginia plans to add tolls within the next couple of years. There will be virtually no way in or out of northern Virginia without paying a toll.

Date: July 23, 2012 07:11AM

will tolls help traffic?

Posted by: Scott ()
Date: July 23, 2012 04:06PM

bt Wrote:
> Want to know what else is fucked?
>
> I live in the Barcroft Terrace neighborhood (just
> off Columbia Pike near the dam, Harris Teeter,
> etc).
>
> One of the streets (mine) in Barcroft Terrace is
> named Fairfax Parkway. Try explaining that shit
> to everybody!
>
> My house was built in 1954, WAY before anybody
> ever thought about building 7100, or even the
> Beltway for that matter.

There is also a street that runs from Telegraph Road to s Kings Highway that is called "The Parkway".

Posted by: Jay Mosely ()
Date: July 24, 2012 06:19AM

Tolls do not help traffic. It will help line the pockets of the private company Virginia sells the toll roads to. An example is the green way. The majority of the money goes to the private company, Virginia gets a cut and uses it and our taxes to fund the rest of the State, and little comes back to northern Virginia. If we ceded from Virginia, they would be hurting.

ROFLMAO@myself for bitching about "Primary 7100" back in July
Date: January 25, 2013 10:11PM

hey...........has anyone noticed how all those old/new signs are now leaning? what's up with that?

Posted by: dieing breed ()
Date: January 26, 2013 07:36AM

Well the people erecting the signs are all from south of the border, and the polar shift has thrown off their balance.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: January 26, 2013 07:49AM

Maybe the bad drivers are clipping them?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.