HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Yeah but did any of the Skins shoot themselves?
Posted by: Libertarian1 ()
Date: November 30, 2008 03:17PM

OK it looks like the Skins will lose this one, but what's up with Plaxico shooting himself? Lame any way you look at it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yeah but did any of the Skins shoot themselves?
Posted by: zesty ()
Date: November 30, 2008 03:41PM

Honestly, the real lame thing is all the excuses the Redskins will have after they loose.

Posted by: NRA Fan ()
Date: November 30, 2008 04:50PM

Everybody needs a gun for protection! Don't let this little accident deter you. He was just taking the bullets out and only shot himself in the leg. Everybody who owns a gun makes a mistake or two. This type of stuff happens all the time in emergency rooms. Not a big deal.

Date: November 30, 2008 06:12PM

The Redskins won't make the playoffs this year. The NFC South is too strong, as is Dallas.

You know how the Redskins would win? Hire some damn receivers who can catch the ball. Yeah, Santana Moss is good. He is also a slot receiver being used as a #1 receiver. Randel El is not a #2 receiver. Devon Thomas can't catch, and neither can Malcolm Kelly.

Chad Johnson is a head case, but at this point the Skins need a real #1 receiver and not these midgets who can't get open. Sorry. I love Moss, but he just can't get open enough to be the #1 receiver.

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: November 30, 2008 06:14PM

I wonder when Malcolm Kelly will play like he did in college...

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: November 30, 2008 06:57PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> You know how the Redskins would win? Hire some
> damn receivers who can catch the ball. Yeah,
> Santana Moss is good. He is also a slot receiver
> being used as a #1 receiver. Randel El is not a #2
> receiver. Devon Thomas can't catch, and neither
> can Malcolm Kelly.
>

How about getting a quarterback that isn't scared to throw over 10 yards?
Jason Campbell is always walking around with an open-mouthed "auuuggghhh" thru the whole game. He just doesnt have the intellect a QB needs in todays chess match football. If he hasn't learned the position yet, he never will.

I wonder what it would be like having a Redskin QB throw for over 300 yds. Guess I can forget about that for this season.

Posted by: ali703 ()
Date: November 30, 2008 07:29PM

>How about getting a quarterback that isn't scared to throw over 10 yards?
>Jason Campbell is always walking around with an open-mouthed "auuuggghhh" thru the >whole game. He just doesnt have the intellect a QB needs in todays chess match >football. If he hasn't learned the position yet, he never will.
>I wonder what it would be like having a Redskin QB throw for over 300 yds. Guess I >can forget about that for this season.

It's not Jason's fault that he isn't throwing for 300+ yards. He barely has enough time to throw a slant. The Redskins need to work on giving Campbell more time to throw. We need to improve our offensive line.

Posted by: Margie ()
Date: November 30, 2008 08:12PM

Maybe they should...LOL

Posted by: IBOOST ()
Date: November 30, 2008 09:53PM

as long as Jason Campbell is the QB they're not gonna go no where fast remember what happened last year after he got hurt they won 5 games in a row and made the playoffs.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: November 30, 2008 10:40PM

believe me, Plexiglass is doing the gmen a huge favor by shooting his dumb self. They don't need this douchebag to win games.

Date: November 30, 2008 11:15PM

ali703 Wrote:
> >How about getting a quarterback that isn't scared
> to throw over 10 yards?
> >Jason Campbell is always walking around with an
> open-mouthed "auuuggghhh" thru the >whole game. He
> just doesnt have the intellect a QB needs in
> todays chess match >football. If he hasn't learned
> the position yet, he never will.
> >I wonder what it would be like having a Redskin
> QB throw for over 300 yds. Guess I >can forget
> about that for this season.
>
> It's not Jason's fault that he isn't throwing for
> 300+ yards. He barely has enough time to throw a
> slant. The Redskins need to work on giving
> Campbell more time to throw. We need to improve
> our offensive line.

The offensive line has gotten better. The problem is he only has one receiver that can get down field who can actually catch the ball and that is Santana Moss, who is usually in double-coverage. Both Randel El and Devon Thomas are dropping machines. The other team doesn't even need to cover them.

Anyway, it sounds like Cowher is going back on the coaching market in the next few months. What are the odds Danny Boy will be giving him a call when the Redskins fail to make the playoffs this year?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2008 11:17PM by WashingToneLocian.

Date: December 01, 2008 10:38AM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:

> Anyway, it sounds like Cowher is going back on the
> coaching market in the next few months. What are
> the odds Danny Boy will be giving him a call when
> the Redskins fail to make the playoffs this year?

Zippy chance of that happening. I think Zorn has the right mentality, but not the right players and coaches to implement it.
- Jason Campbell needs to go. He's a dimwitted, large and slow target for defensive ends. He holds on to the ball WAY to long and is visibly terrified as he gets behind center. Zorn needs to move on and start teaching Colt Brennen.
- Danny Smith needs to go. The special teams cost us points every friggin game.
- They desperately need a pass rush. The corners are good, but they can't chase around the receivers forever.
- They need a bruising RB that can work with Portis for a one, two punch.
- I hate to say it, but it might also be time for Joe Bugal to hang it up. Today's pass protection schemes might have passed him by and other teams exploit it.

Is it just me, or do the Skins NEVER get "up" for a big game. They jump around and hi five BEFORE the game, but once it starts, they fall into a slow, creeping malaise. They never seem to have a sense or urgency, even when their losing.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: December 01, 2008 11:26AM

NOt that itwould make the Skins better, but Danny boy Synder should be run over by a crazed moped driver.....

Posted by: Deadskins ()
Date: December 01, 2008 11:35AM

I don't think Cowher would ever seriously consider the Redskins as a coaching option. If you look at some of the comments he has made in the past about his experience working for the very-involved Rooney's, then there is no way that he would ever work for someone Danny Boy. And at least the Rooney's knew what they were doing, unlike Danny Boy who is basically feeling around and making bad decisions like a blind virgin in a whorehouse.

Posted by: Travis ()
Date: December 01, 2008 12:26PM

Yeah, but did any of the Giants get shot and die as a result of living a life of crime like Sean Taylor?

Posted by: Eastsider ()
Date: December 14, 2008 04:12PM

Wow. No excuses for today's loss.

Date: December 14, 2008 04:36PM

Horrid. Terrible.

And I don't want to hear Chris Cooley bitching about the offense. Isn't this the second game in a row where HE dropped the damn ball?

The problem isn't Jason Campbell. Campbell is not throwing a lot of picks. If you look at the turnovers, it is people like Cooley, Betts and Sellers putting the ball on the ground.

Posted by: Crossroader ()
Date: December 14, 2008 04:49PM

Zorn shouldn't sign a long term lease on his house. They should change the team's name to "The Tinmen". No heart.

Posted by: Steve K ()
Date: December 14, 2008 05:16PM

Zorn is not a good motivator, it took the league 6 weeks to figure him out. Losing 6 of 7 after going 6-2 is unacceptable. Bill Cowher will coach the Redskins in '09.

Posted by: SBS ()
Date: December 14, 2008 06:29PM

If Bill Cowher has any sense, he will stay far, far away from Dan Snyder.

Date: December 14, 2008 07:33PM

SBS Wrote:
> If Bill Cowher has any sense, he will stay far,
> far away from Dan Snyder.

Bill Cowher will sign an iron-clad $100 million five-year contract with the Redskins. After two years, he will be gone, but he will have his money.

Washington is the place where players and coaches go to get paid.

Date: December 14, 2008 07:35PM

Steve K Wrote:
> Zorn is not a good motivator, it took the league 6
> weeks to figure him out. Losing 6 of 7 after
> going 6-2 is unacceptable. Bill Cowher will coach
> the Redskins in '09.

I don't think anyone could be a good motivator with Danny Boy lurking around the corner, undermining everything you do through his toady Vinny or by going directly to people like Clinton Portis.

That said, Zorn isn't a good motivator. His biggest problem is he calls his players out in the press. As hostile as Bill Parcels was toward T.O., I don't recall him ever being that direct in his criticism in the press. On the other hand, Zorn has named names and I think it shows a certain lack of respect for the team (even if they don't deserve any respect). That's why you have Portis and Cooley out in the press bitching about Zorn.

Posted by: Steve K ()
Date: December 14, 2008 08:25PM

WashingToneLocian Wrote:
> Steve K Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Zorn is not a good motivator, it took the league
> 6
> > weeks to figure him out. Losing 6 of 7 after
> > going 6-2 is unacceptable. Bill Cowher will
> coach
> > the Redskins in '09.
>
>
> I don't think anyone could be a good motivator
> with Danny Boy lurking around the corner,
> undermining everything you do through his toady
> Vinny or by going directly to people like Clinton
> Portis.
>
> That said, Zorn isn't a good motivator. His
> biggest problem is he calls his players out in the
> press. As hostile as Bill Parcels was toward T.O.,
> I don't recall him ever being that direct in his
> criticism in the press. On the other hand, Zorn
> has named names and I think it shows a certain
> lack of respect for the team (even if they don't
> deserve any respect). That's why you have Portis
> and Cooley out in the press bitching about Zorn.

There are a lot of things wrong with the Redskins. However they have been to the playoffs two out of the last three years. Obviously they have talent. Maybe they need another big time receiver, the rookies are too young and I love Randle El, but he is a not number 2 receiver, in Pittsburgh he played behind Plaxico and Ward most of his career.

The players need to stop bitching. If someone on the Patriots or the Steelers back under Cowher bad mouthed the coach I guarentee he would not play the next game. Then Cooley was responsible for giving the damn Bengals the momentum today so he needs to keep his mouth shut.

But Gibbs got this team to the post-season, I have to believe a good coach like Cowher would do the same. When you start 6-2, over-acheiving I know, you have to seal the deal and go to the playoffs. They lost to the damn Rams and Bengals, that is not having the team ready or motivated. I like the man alot and he did a formidable job, but he was not ready for this posistion and you can tell the way they played today that he has lost the team, it will be interesting to see what the Redskins decide to do with Zorn. Snyder may keep him to try and prove he didn't screw up again.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 14, 2008 09:28PM

the redskins need an O line to block for Portis. Thats it. a fuckin O line and they'd be in business. stop drafting receivers. Get the O line and the D line sorted out and they would be good to go

Date: December 14, 2008 09:33PM

ferfux Wrote:
> the redskins need an O line to block for Portis.
> Thats it. a fuckin O line and they'd be in
> business. stop drafting receivers. Get the O
> line and the D line sorted out and they would be
> good to go

Actually, they need to stop drafting receivers that sit on the bench. They need an O-Line. They need a D-Line. They need D-Backs who know how to actually catch a ball when it hits them in the hands. They need a punter who can hold a snap for his kicker. They need a return guy. They need a #1 and #2 receiver so that Moss and Randel El can play slot, where they would excel.

The only thing the Redskins don't need are Tight Ends, Line Backers, Safeties or Vinny Cerrato and Dan Snyder.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: December 14, 2008 09:42PM

i need chris cooley to keep his pants on and not wave his ding a ling around so my doormates can print it out and replace a whole fraternity full of guys term papers with colour copies

Posted by: formerhick76 ()
Date: December 16, 2008 08:29AM

Zorn needs to win one of the next two to keep his job. Otherwise he may be in danger of leaving- going 1-8 to end the season is not the way to go.

O-Line and D-Line have not really been draft targets of late. I'd look at that first.

Date: December 20, 2008 05:03PM

formerhick76 Wrote:
> Zorn needs to win one of the next two to keep his
> job. Otherwise he may be in danger of leaving-
> going 1-8 to end the season is not the way to go.
>
>
> O-Line and D-Line have not really been draft
> targets of late. I'd look at that first.

If Bill Cowher becomes available and Snyder can convince him to come to DC, Zorn has done nothing this season to save his job.

Date: December 20, 2008 05:57PM

The only thing I have against Zorn is his insistence the Campbell is the present and future QB of the Redskins.

The wild eyed, coke-head Vinny Cerato is the one that needs to go, but he's been sucking Danny's cock for the last 10 years.

Date: December 21, 2008 10:46AM

Numbers Wrote:
> The only thing I have against Zorn is his
> insistence the Campbell is the present and future
> QB of the Redskins.
>
> The wild eyed, coke-head Vinny Cerato is the one
> that needs to go, but he's been sucking Danny's
> cock for the last 10 years.

I don't believe Campbell is the problem. The problem is he doesn't have an O-Line that can protect him long enough for the deep passes. Also, if you look at some of the Skins' recent games, there are an inordinate number of dropped passes. It's not Campbell's fault when a pass hits Randel El or Devon Thomas dead in the hands and those idiots don't hold on.

I agree on Vinny, though. And it is absurd that Snyder hired all the assistant coaches without giving his head coach the chance to bring his own people in. Snyder needs to act like an owner and not like a GM. He is not the GM. He is not qualified. He needs to hire qualified people and put his ego in check. Unfortunately, I don't see Danny Boy ever doing that.

Posted by: Willie The Pimp ()
Date: December 21, 2008 11:25AM

The Redskins shoot themselves in the foot every Sunday.

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: December 21, 2008 11:39AM

Now now, clearly they don't shoot themselves in the foot...

it's more like lighting themselves on fire, ala that scene on the Sopranos where Tony commits self-conflagration at the boardwalk in one of his dreams.

Date: December 21, 2008 12:54PM

"ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — Saying he feels "like the worst coach in America," Jim Zorn began a two-day self-evaluation Monday into the meltdown that has plummeted his Washington Redskins out of the playoff race and prompted questions about his future."

While Zorn isn't the worst coach in America, making statements like that can be a self-fulfilling prophecy. As a leader, you never want to show weakness, especially in a forum like a press conference. If Zorn hadn't lost the team before this statement, I would be surprised if he hasn't now.

I do think Snyder will move heaven and Earth to get Cowher, Baring that, I envision Snyder firing Zorn three or four games into next season if he isn't making something happen and moving his Offensive Coordinator or Defensive Coordinator up.

Date: December 21, 2008 01:01PM

And I will say this about Cowher. I like Cowher. I think he is a good coach. But it was ten years between his Super Bowl appearances and the one he won was one of the worst played, worst officiated Super Bowls in recent memory. In between the two Bowl appearances, Cowher thought Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox were Super Bowl-caliber QBs.

Even if Snyder throws $50 million or $100 million at Cowher, I don't know if Cowher deserves it (the only one I can think of that would might be Belichick) and I doubt that Snyder will have the patience to wait years for a Super Bowl or to put up with Cowher's need to control the team. Snyder simply won't listen to a coach who knows what he is doing if what he wants to do runs contrary to whatever philosophy Snyder has.

Posted by: Douglas Fir ()
Date: December 30, 2008 04:46PM

The Redskin's season just ended and I'm already bored by the next one.

Posted by: 4331 ()
Date: March 01, 2016 02:23AM

Plexi Glass was a negro.

Posted by: Not A chance ()
Date: March 04, 2016 03:28AM

No

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.