HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Move out of state before finishing ASAP
Posted by: xxxxx ()
Date: January 22, 2013 10:22AM

I was convicted of a first time dui and given unsupervised probation, Asap and suspended license for a year. What will most likely happen if I move out of state to California without telling my PO to never return to VA again?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Move out of state before finishing ASAP
Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: January 22, 2013 11:09AM

Tarred, feathered, three months in the stockade, then drawn and quartered.

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: WOW!!!! ()
Date: January 22, 2013 12:04PM

Forced to attend and watch Meade's concerts!!!!

Posted by: dieing breed ()
Date: January 22, 2013 04:52PM

due to reciprocity you won't be issued a CA driver's license. Tell your PO and work it out.

Posted by: ndr ()
Date: January 22, 2013 07:57PM

NDR, the national database of fuck-ups will hit on you. Cali DMV will tell you to go fuck yourself.

NDR might miss a minor violation now and then, but ALL the drunks are in it, period.

Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: January 22, 2013 08:16PM

You'll have a warrant out for your arrest that will eventually catch up to you. It might even show up during a traffic stop in California. Computers are well connected these days. If you get into any real trouble (for instance... a DUI), then your NDR record and probation violation will really bite you in the ass.

When applying for a license in other states, you must (under penalty of perjury or something) state that your license has not been suspended or revoked in another state. If your conviction is recent, you might be able to get it done before the NDR is updated - but you'll still be committing yet another crime.

I got lucky. I beat a license suspension (and the NDR) when moving out here by getting a license in Virginia just prior to being convicted. I hired a lawyer to represent me in California traffic court. I got my insurance set up out here and they didn't checked my record from California upon renewal - so I also avoided the harsher punishment of increased insurance rates.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.