HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Fairfax was better in the 70s
Posted by: Al Moniz ()
Date: July 23, 2012 10:56PM

I am not racist!! but Fairfax City was better off before all the Asian and Hispanics came to this area. Most of them are ILLEGAL. We need to deport the Illegals and go back to Small town Fairfax like the 1970s. I am the Owner, Direct Mail Productions, Inc. My son is in his 20s and can't find a job because his white. He applied to work at the Walmart that opened a year ago but they said no doing the interview. I went to that walmart and talk to (ILLEGAL) Manger and I was asking her nicely why she wouldn't hire my son, all she said was she can't tell me why. I told her that she needs to go back to Mexico and I was going to call ICE on her. She said she was going to call the cops on me whyy?? Did she know if she calls the cops the walmart will have to shit down to do all the Illegals working there. I had a problem with my computer and I asked the guy name "Mohammed" about something my son knew how to fix and he didn't. How is it that in Fairfax is a sin to be white?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fairfax was better in the 70s
Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: July 23, 2012 11:05PM

I didn't read beyond the first line, but anyone who starts a post with "I'm not a racist, but..." is, well, at least a little bit racist. Them's the facts.

Posted by: Realist ()
Date: July 23, 2012 11:10PM

Despite your trite sarcasm, white people are definitely NOT the only ones who are racist. We're supposed to pretend that racism against whites in this country, doesn't exsist. And also that white pride is somehow equivalent to hatred for people of other color. Everyone else in the world is proud of who they are, so what's wrong with us?

Posted by: how do you know ()
Date: July 23, 2012 11:47PM

And how do you know that everyone that works at walmart is illegal. Sounds to me like your just some stupid racist cracker. Maybe your son is just stupid and failed the interview. Maybe your son is a racist too and they dont need people like that at walmart because he would be fried in less than a week. Im glad your son didnt get the job and I hope he has even a harder time finding job around here.

Posted by: The 70s ()
Date: July 24, 2012 12:20AM

Hmmmm, wasn't everything better in the 70s? It was called 'weed' and other assorted extracurricular activities!

Posted by: Ito ()
Date: July 24, 2012 01:06AM

I love this post. Thank you OP.

> I am not racist!

This has to be one of the best opening lines of any thread on here. In fact, this should be the opening line for every thread having to do with race on here!

> I am the Owner, Direct Mail Productions, Inc. My son is in his 20s and can't find a job because his white.

If you are the owner of a business, why don't YOU hire your son?

> I went to that walmart and talk to (ILLEGAL) Manger and I was asking her nicely
> why she wouldn't hire my son, all she said was she can't tell me why. I told her
> that she needs to go back to Mexico and I was going to call ICE on her.

Manger? (capitalized?) Nevermind.

I would love to get the transcript of this conversation. I love how the nice conversation quickly shifts to you telling her to go back to Mexico and you threatening to call ICE on her.

So at what point during the conversation do you forget the reason why you went to Walmart to talk to this woman? Is there any chance that your son will ever work at any Walmart now?

> She said she was going to call the cops on me whyy??

Hmmm. Let me see. Guy comes in asking about why someone wasn't hired. Within minutes he makes threats to the woman. The woman happens to be the manager of a large private business.

You are in her place. She has every right to have you removed.

> Did she know if she calls the cops the walmart will have to shit down to do all the Illegals working there.

Let me see if I understand what you are saying here... If she calls the cops, the cops will walk in, recognize illegals working there and shut the place down?

Its a nice fantasy, but that's not how the system works and it certainly wouldn't be their first priority when the manager has called the cops to remove a nutcase from her establishment.

> I had a problem with my computer and I asked the guy name "Mohammed" about
> something my son knew how to fix and he didn't.

This is a bonus scene you write for us and I thank you for it. I only wish you could go into more details about this incident. Life must be an adventure for you.

This post isn't about racism, its a post about stupidity. I'm sure its inherited which is why your son can't get a job at Walmart.

Please don't look at this man as the representative of the white race. People are individuals and shouldn't be judged purely on the basis of their skin or ethnicity.

> How is it that in Fairfax is a sin to be white?

Repent!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2012 01:16AM by Ito.

Posted by: Lolr ()
Date: July 24, 2012 02:19AM

Al Moniz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not racist!!

Might as well say i'm not racist "you people"

> before all the Asian and Hispanics came to this
> area. Most of them are ILLEGAL. We need to
> deport the Illegals and go back to Small town
> Fairfax like the 1970s. I am the Owner, Direct
> Mail Productions, Inc. My son is in his 20s and
> can't find a job because his white. He applied to

On a side side note i actually have empathy for his son. all of the large corporations ie. walmart, target, etc. i have applied to would rather hire a non white person for tax breaks and other incentives, thats gov sponsored racism and sexism against us White Males

> work at the Walmart that opened a year ago but
> they said no doing the interview. I went to that
> walmart and talk to (ILLEGAL) Manger and I was
> asking her nicely why she wouldn't hire my son,
> all she said was she can't tell me why. I told
> her that she needs to go back to Mexico and I was
> going to call ICE on her. She said she was going
> to call the cops on me whyy?? Did she know if she
> calls the cops the walmart will have to shit down

so damn ROFLCOPTOR ^^^^^^^^

> to do all the Illegals working there. I had a
> problem with my computer and I asked the guy name
> "Mohammed" about something my son knew how to fix
> and he didn't.

What i find hilarious about all this is this guy
is a mad bigot and he goes to a guy named
Mohammed for help and expects results and he admits
his son knows how to fix it but is too damn lazy to ask

How is it that in Fairfax is a sin
> to be white?

Welcome to affirmative action. Oppressing White Males since 1961
Attachments:
Racist-Rogue-Chopper-52163.jpg

Posted by: does ITO ()
Date: July 24, 2012 06:22AM

know the varous amalgamations of gordon blvd.

btw, i'm a ratcyst and the 1970's were a lot better around here.wasn't so effing crowded and greed hadn't completely consumed the county

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: July 24, 2012 08:01AM

@does - lol wut?
@OP - move to Saskatoon - you'll prolly be MUCH happier. p.s not a sin to be white but it IS kinda sad to be such a stupid racist bitch........

Posted by: fairfax native ()
Date: July 24, 2012 09:49AM

In case you have not noticed, almost 95% of Fairfax citizens now have a college education. This was not the case in the 70s, when a HS diploma was good education. Your son is too lazy to complete with the new, uneducated imigrants working at wal-mart, etc and ignorant, unqualified to complete for higher level work. And yes...if you own a business, the best option for you would be to just hire your son...

Posted by: U = Xenophobe ()
Date: July 24, 2012 11:23AM

I love this. This guy just assumes that all Hispanics are illegal, and that they all come from Mexico, and a quick call to ICE will shut down a Walmart. Only in America.

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: July 24, 2012 11:23AM

I wonder if the OP was in NoVa during the 1970s? Back in those 'good old days' we had blacks and rednecks, both courtesy of Fairfax's not too distant past as an agricultural community, plus we were being hit with a wave of Asian immigrants most of whom came here as a result of the communist victories in SE Asia. In addition the typical government employee who formed the backbone of the economy didn't earn that much more money than your local tradesman, government contractors and IGAs, while around, were rare and a smaller portion of the local economy, and there was still a demand for large numbers of employees with just high school diplomas.

Now to the OP, if your son seriously believes he was discriminated against by an illegal alien manager because he was white, he should SUE. No he won't get rich, and probably won't get enough to cover his litigation costs. However can you imagine Walmart keeping a manager who was illegally employed once they had to produce the documentation showing his status?

Posted by: fairfax native too ()
Date: July 24, 2012 11:25AM

fairfax native said,"Your son is too lazy to complete with the new, uneducated imigrants working at wal-mart, etc and ignorant, unqualified to complete for higher level work"

You sure sound like an elitist. These days immigrants legal or illegal have the definte advantage or native born in the retail sector. Sounds too me that someone who grew up in the area and doesn't have college degree should just get the fuck out. That's the kind of mentality imo that has added to this area turning into shitsville

Posted by: Another Native ()
Date: July 24, 2012 11:44AM

Al Moniz?? Do you have a younger sister named Mary? If this is the family I'm thinking of, they've been in the area a long time. They own/owned a large farmhouse near Penderbrook -- one of the original "Fairfax Farms".

Yeah, life around here sure is different now.

Posted by: Ito ()
Date: July 24, 2012 12:59PM

fairfax native too Wrote:
> You sure sound like an elitist. These days
> immigrants legal or illegal have the definte
> advantage or native born in the retail sector.
> Sounds too me that someone who grew up in the
> area and doesn't have college degree should just
> get the fuck out. That's the kind of mentality imo
> that has added to this area turning into
> shitsville

Its not that immigrants have the advantage for getting low-skilled work, many of them lack education and the ability to speak English. What they do have is the drive to survive and the ambition that perhaps someone who was born here doesn't have.

If you don't have a skill or education, the only things you have to sell to a future employer are hustle and a good attitude. If the son is still living at home in his 20s, he shows signs of lacking ambition. Judging by his father's outlook on life and the way he addressed the manager at Walmart, his son probably lacks the good attitude too.

Its not elitist to point out that someone who has grown up in one of the richest areas of one of the richest countries in the world and still can't get a job working at a discount retailer has squandered many opportunities in life. If the son is white and his family own property and a business in this area, its even more of a tragedy.

Posted by: Ffx Homeowner ()
Date: July 24, 2012 02:01PM

You tried hiring any kind of tradesman to do work around a house lately? If they're white, they demand rates like a brain surgeon. All whites in the area have an incredible sense of entitlement. They do not want to work for a living. It's like they're black or something. I prefer to hire people who are grateful to have work or a job at $20-25/hr. Whites will laugh in your face at rates like that. Which is why I'm grateful for immigrants.

Posted by: Fairfax native ()
Date: July 24, 2012 02:27PM

Glad to see people are seeing the "light" - either work your ass off or get requisite eduction/skills/credentials required to survive in this area...NO OTHER OPTIONS. In either case, one will need to work their ass off....take your pick..there is no entitlement.

Posted by: CowPatty ()
Date: July 24, 2012 02:34PM

So now Walmart has mangers? Count me in, I'll be the one dropping cow pies.

Manger - noun
1. a box or trough in a stable or barn from which horses or cattle eat.
2. Nautical .
a. a space at the bow of a ship, having a partition for confining water entering at the hawseholes until it can be drained.
b. a sunken bottom in a chain locker, covered by a grating and used to collect water from the anchor chain.

Posted by: Z3R0 ()
Date: July 24, 2012 03:12PM

@OP, Walmart stopped hiring retards to greet people. Your son will have to seek employment spitting on people somewhere else! You too.

Posted by: Proud Immigrant ()
Date: July 24, 2012 03:38PM

Here's my story:

- Won DV in 2005
- Came to the US when I was 17, after finishing high school
- Didn't know anyone here
- Enrolled at NOVA
- Shared an apartment in Alexandria with two roommates from college
- Worked at a local gas station ~50-60 hrs/week @ $8/hr
- Second job at a restaurant washing dishes
- Got my associates degree in business in 2008
- Continued working at the same gas station ~50-60 hrs/wk from 2005 to 2010
- Transferred to a four year college with scholarship
- Did multiple internships in senior year
- Finished my Bachelors in Finance, summa cum laude, in 2010
- Got a job offer with 60k/year pay, before graduation
- Currently, pursuing a masters degree while working full time

Conclusion -
- I am 26
- Came to the US with literally nothing in my pocket
- have a bachelors degree from a respected institution and soon, a masters as well
- have a nice job with good pay
- a nice used car, fully paid off
- no debts
- a tax paying citizen
- have been supporting my mom and dad back home

Posted by: Bill.N. ()
Date: July 24, 2012 03:51PM

Ffx Homeowner Wrote:
> You tried hiring any kind of tradesman to do work
> around a house lately? If they're white, they
> demand rates like a brain surgeon. All whites in
> the area have an incredible sense of entitlement.
> They do not want to work for a living. It's like
> they're black or something. I prefer to hire
> people who are grateful to have work or a job at
> $20-25/hr. Whites will laugh in your face at
> rates like that. Which is why I'm grateful for
> immigrants.

But would you work for those rates? Probably not, and yet you trash those who aspire to a lifestyle closer to what you have.

In addition the guy who is working in this area for $20-25 per hour probably isn't making it on his own on that money. Possibly he is making it by living with a number of others earning similar money in an illegal rooming house, meaning those who live in that same neighborhood are subsidizing your job, and he's driving an uninsured piece of crap meaning whoever he hits on the road is subsidizing your job. If the immigrant has family here chances are they are also on food stamps, medicaid, free and reduced lunches and other forms of public assistance, meaning that the taxpayers of the county, state and U.S. are subsidizing your job.

Posted by: old ()
Date: July 24, 2012 04:06PM

This area was already in the shitter by the 70's. The 40's and 50's were much better, before the beltway, before 66, when 28 was two lanes. Before millions of maggots swarmed in here to be "IT" superstars.

Kids could do stuff in the 50's that would get you a visit from the SWAT team nowadays. Too bad. It was a great place to grow up.

Posted by: A Trip through the 70's ()
Date: July 24, 2012 06:18PM

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: July 24, 2012 07:15PM

old Wrote:
> This area was already in the shitter by the 70's.
> The 40's and 50's were much better, before the
> beltway, before 66, when 28 was two lanes. Before
> millions of maggots swarmed in here to be "IT"
> superstars.
>
> Kids could do stuff in the 50's that would get you
> a visit from the SWAT team nowadays. Too bad. It
> was a great place to grow up.

yeah, things were SOOOOO much better in the 40's - since everybody was off dying in Europe there was less traffic

Or maybe the 50's were better, what with the terrorists being white and everything, you would be a lot more comfortable when they killed ppl and blew up stuff.

Me, I'll take ppl of different colour working at the Walmart over the World two minutes and one finger press away from BEING-BLOWN-THE-FUCK-UP anyday...............

or do we even remember Bahía de Cochinos?

Posted by: yoo ()
Date: November 10, 2012 09:38PM

Racist GOP!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Life on the blvd. ()
Date: November 10, 2012 09:52PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> old Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This area was already in the shitter by the
> 70's.
> > The 40's and 50's were much better, before the
> > belStway, before 66, when 28 was two lanes.
> Before
> > millions of maggots swarmed in here to be "IT"
> > superstars.
> >
> > Kids could do stuff in the 50's that would get
> you
> > a visit from the SWAT team nowadays. Too bad.
> It
> > was a great place to grow up.
>
> yeah, things were SOOOOO much better in the 40's -
> since everybody was off dying in Europe there was
> less traffic
>
> Or maybe the 50's were better, what with the
> terrorists being white and everything, you would
> be a lot more comfortable when they killed ppl and
> blew up stuff.
>
> Me, I'll take ppl of different colour working at
> the Walmart over the World two minutes and one
> finger press away from BEING-BLOWN-THE-FUCK-UP
> anyday...............
>
> or do we even remember Bahía de Cochinos?

Keep posting, continue eating and ignoring your kids.
Life is grand in 2012.

Posted by: John K ()
Date: November 10, 2012 09:54PM

Well, now if I were the president of this land
You know, I'd declare total war on The Pusher man
I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if he'd run
Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my gun

God damn The Pusher
Gad damn The Pusher
I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man

Posted by: Easy Rider ()
Date: November 10, 2012 10:01PM

John K Wrote:
> Well, now if I were the president of this land
> You know, I'd declare total war on The Pusher man
> I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if
> he'd run
> Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and my
> gun
>
> God damn The Pusher
> Gad damn The Pusher
> I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man

1967 dude. Steppenwolf. but I do miss the pusher, man
Stay cool

Posted by: Night Bird ()
Date: November 11, 2012 04:28PM

Steppenwolf! "Heavy metal thunder!..."

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: November 11, 2012 04:43PM

"I am not racist"

Uh, yes, you are. And a douchebag as well.

Posted by: Easy Rider deux ()
Date: November 11, 2012 04:45PM

Easy Rider Wrote:
> John K Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Well, now if I were the president of this land
> > You know, I'd declare total war on The Pusher
> man
> > I'd cut him if he stands, and I'd shoot him if
> > he'd run
> > Yes I'd kill him with my Bible and my razor and
> my
> > gun
> >
> > God damn The Pusher
> > Gad damn The Pusher
> > I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man
>
>
> 1967 dude. Steppenwolf. but I do miss the pusher,
> man
> Stay cool

1968 and written by Hoyt Axton.
My apologies.

Posted by: "Those were the days, my friend" ()
Date: November 11, 2012 05:24PM

Sex, drugs and rock n roll. What more could a dude want? The hardest part of the day was waking up.

"We thought they would never end"

Posted by: Foghat ()
Date: November 11, 2012 05:29PM

Goin' to the city, got you on my mind,
Country sure is pretty, I'll leave it all behind,
This is my decision, I'm comin' home to stay this time.

'Cause I'm a fool for the city, I'm a fool for the city,
Fool for the city, I'm a fool for the city.

Breathin' all the clean air, sittin' in the sun,
When I get my train fare, I'll get up and run.
I'm ready for the city, air pollution here I come!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.