HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Smash Burger
Posted by: Burgermeister Meisterburger ()
Date: September 11, 2012 04:50PM

Another new burger place, Smash Burger is coming to Fairfax. This place is going in near Donato's on 50. Looks like it is the first in the area. I don't know how you can say your burger is juicy while at the same time you are smashing it on the grill, but whatever.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Smash Burger
Posted by: Jason ()
Date: September 11, 2012 05:13PM

Opening in October according to press release.

Posted by: wanna know ()
Date: September 11, 2012 05:22PM

Big old sign that says now hiring. Went to one last year and it beat the hell out of 5 guys or any other burger joint around here. Odd enough they are also putting in a freddys steak burger a few hundred yards down the street.

Speaking of, I ate at donatos and was shocked at the price, I dont think I will be back and cant imagine they will be in buisness with the 2 dozen other pizza places they are competing with in the city. Over 20 bucks for a medium pizza (very small) and 2 drinks. No thanks

Posted by: Food Critique ()
Date: September 12, 2012 03:24PM

Smash Burger will hld out only slightly longer than Donato's. You can only get to it from one side of 50, so if you are headed eastbound, too bad.

Also, there are more than enough burger places in the area, and even right near this location. Fuddruckers, 5 Guys are relatively close and the Freddy's will be near.

Bad planning on someone's part.

Posted by: ()()() ()
Date: September 12, 2012 04:02PM

Entrance and exit sucks to that shopping center. Also whats the deal with the small amount of parking spaces? Thought you had to have X amount per retail store. I feel bad for the person that bought the franchise to danatos. It will fail and as mentioned the price for a pizza is crazy expensive

Posted by: Alejandra ()
Date: September 13, 2012 09:32AM

()()() Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Entrance and exit sucks to that shopping center.
> Also whats the deal with the small amount of
> parking spaces? Thought you had to have X amount
> per retail store. I feel bad for the person that
> bought the franchise to danatos. It will fail and
> as mentioned the price for a pizza is crazy
> expensive

I don't see a problem with the entrance and exit to the shopping center. I was just there yesterday buying something from 7 eleven and it was pretty easy. I agree that Donats's Pizza prices are a bit high but the pizza is delicious. I think most of their customers will order pizza to be delivered and won't have to deal with the parking issue, too few parking spaces for the amount of stores they have.

Posted by: Seagulls ()
Date: September 13, 2012 01:53PM

I love Smashburger's black bean burger and I'm glad that there'll be another food option. The iffy location just means I won't have it very often.

Posted by: Jason K ()
Date: October 02, 2012 05:37PM

They open tomorrow and also serve Haagen Dazs milkshakes.

Posted by: wimpy ()
Date: October 02, 2012 05:38PM

like there are not enough fat people already in this area

Posted by: Burgerlovah ()
Date: October 04, 2012 03:23PM

Actually I went there yesterday with some coworkers for the grand opening. I thought they were way better than Five Guys. My burger was delicious and juicy. Their smash fries were amazeballs (brushed with olive oil, garlic, and rosemary). We did not have problems parking or getting out of the shopping center. I'm very intrigued to try this Freddy's place next.

Posted by: You Don't Mess With The Phantom ()
Date: October 05, 2012 12:17PM

That side of 50 is pretty congested around dinner time.

Posted by: guest4234 ()
Date: October 05, 2012 03:33PM

So if 50 is congested, lot of people will drive by and see it. You people complain about everything. If it was on a road with no traffic you'd say "it's in the middle on nowhere, it'll fail"

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.