HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
DMV Point System License Suspension
Posted by: AlexI ()
Date: November 14, 2008 09:01PM

How many negative points must you have for the DMV to suspend your license? How long will they suspend it for?

Some sites say you need -18 to get suspended but I've heard people say -10 will get it suspended. Which one is it?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: DMV Point System License Suspension
Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: November 14, 2008 09:23PM

ever think to just look at the va dmv site? I mean jesus, you are fucking lazy.

Date: November 14, 2008 09:32PM

I did, it says 18 but my lawyer said 10 just trying to confirm

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 14, 2008 09:54PM

listen to your lawyer, it's why you hired him.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: November 14, 2008 10:48PM

Your the same guy that posted the thread on failing your inspection and trying to beat it and now you're looking at losing your license, how long you been driving? Did you say you live in western fairfax? Are you Hispanic?

Posted by: Bob ()
Date: November 14, 2008 11:42PM

There's a thing callled "rapid accumulator" where you can lose your license for getting a certain amount of points within a 12 month period. I think it's 12 points. 18 points is automatic, once you reach 18 points in any amount of time.

Then there's the little game they play where you go on a probationary period and then a control period.

Once you get your license reinstated, if you get any point violation within 12 (or 18) months (not sure which time period) you lose your license for 30, 60 or 90 days based on the number of points. After you make it through the probation period without a point violation, you go on a control period where getting a point violation puts you back into probabtionary period.

Once the DMV suspends your license, they make it difficult to keep your license unless you drive like a little old lady who only drives to church on sundays.

Take a driver improvement course, to get +5 points, before your court date. It will help you out, alot. I think it costs $85 or $100 and you can do it online.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2008 11:43PM by Bob.

Date: November 15, 2008 12:02PM

^^
Bob, thank you for your advise. Everyone else, thank you for your USELESS comments. If you want to make this forum a place that helps people, you should respond to the threads if you have useful things to say, if not keep your mouth shut. You don't know anything about me and why I post these questions in my own business. The car I want to get inspected I bought for 500 dollars as a beater to keep miles low off my other car. I don't want to spend more money fixing than I bought it for. The points on my license are my own business.

Posted by: PossibleHelp ()
Date: November 15, 2008 03:05PM

If you have a points infraction pending, I would advise taking the +5 point improvement class immediately, to precede any negative points that may kick in soon, depending on your pending situation.

When I was about to transition from one contol category to another based on one 3 point ticket, (not the ticket itself, but the total point count on my record, I called the court and had my court date extended for 10 days or a bit more. I planned to pay the ticket anyway. This allowed me to book and take the driver improvement class, and get the +5 points applied before I paid my ticket last minute.

The points take a few weeks to process and kick in to your record, so I was advised by the intructor to go to the DMV headquarters in Richmond, and get the +5 applied on the spot, with the certificate given in class - so there would be no delay. It worked, and didn't go up into a higher control or probationary category (and later on, they screwed up and gave me another 5 points as well when they processed them the normal way).

Posted by: pkmule ()
Date: September 14, 2012 11:26AM

PossibleHelp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you have a points infraction pending, I would
> advise taking the +5 point improvement class
> immediately, to precede any negative points that
> may kick in soon, depending on your pending
> situation.
>
> When I was about to transition from one contol
> category to another based on one 3 point ticket,
> (not the ticket itself, but the total point count
> on my record, I called the court and had my court
> date extended for 10 days or a bit more. I
> planned to pay the ticket anyway. This allowed me
> to book and take the driver improvement class, and
> get the +5 points applied before I paid my ticket
> last minute.
>
> The points take a few weeks to process and kick in
> to your record, so I was advised by the intructor
> to go to the DMV headquarters in Richmond, and get
> the +5 applied on the spot, with the certificate
> given in class - so there would be no delay. It
> worked, and didn't go up into a higher control or
> probationary category (and later on, they screwed
> up and gave me another 5 points as well when they
> processed them the normal way).

Posted by: paul k ()
Date: September 14, 2012 11:27AM

18 points in 12 months or 24 points in 24 months will suspend your license

Posted by: good statement ()
Date: September 16, 2012 08:12PM

very good

" If you want to make this forum a place that helps people, you should respond to the threads if you have useful things to say, if not keep your mouth shut."

Posted by: u idiots ()
Date: September 16, 2012 11:07PM

why are you dumbasses keeping a 4 year old post going? i think the dipshit is revoked by now anyways.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.