HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
People soliciting car repairs in parking lots.
Posted by: brokencar ()
Date: August 26, 2012 04:47PM

I have some damage on my car. Apparently this is an invitation for every employee of a fly-by-night repair shop to harass me in the parking lots of shopping centers. I used to be more civil and say "not interested" but I've become less patient with them over the months. Today, after I told one to "fuck off" he kept his car stopped behind mine, boxing me in. When I got out to tell him to get the fuck out of my way he said he'd call the cops to have me arrested. What the hell?! These people are the ones accosting ME and he's going to try calling the cops? For what? Being rude in response to his harassment? What a god-damn retard. After a brief exchange he drove off. I guess to file that police complaint for ... swearing?

These people are a pox. And if I'm going to go to a shop to get my car repaired, it's not going to be some disreputable place that relies on the equivalent of ambulance chasing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: People soliciting car repairs in parking lots.
Posted by: here lizard lizard ()
Date: August 26, 2012 05:04PM

I have seen "body shop" men doing this too- I bet they are gypsies! They basically use silly putty and duct tape to put your car back together and charge you $200!

I have also found their shop's business cards plastered on my windshield, it's annoying!

They are just as bad as the men in the white van selling speakers and the meat men that come to your door. I understand its hard times out here but I can't stand SCAMMERS.

Re: People soliciting car repairs in parking lots.
Posted by: Gypsy Sniper ()
Date: August 26, 2012 05:58PM

They are gypsies and they do indeed do shitty work...

Whenever approached, my stock response to their interest in "fixing" my car is to look them with a pained, sleepy, half-lidded, constipated expression, sigh and say, "I work at a body shop..." They say nothing and go away.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.