HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Safe Driver Course
Posted by: wnrsm ()
Date: July 31, 2012 09:15PM

I have not had a ticket in a few years. A few years back when I got a couple, I just showed up for court and got the speeding tickets reduced to "disobeying a highway sign". Coming from CA, I was surprised when each ticket ended up being less than $100.

Some of my friends have had more serious (read: dumbass) tickets in the past and they knew they were facing more serious consequences. They mentioned taking a safe driver course and presenting it to the judge in hopes of getting the charges or punishment reduced.

In my visits, the court didn't mention the safe driver course and no other defendants said that they had completed it.

Has anybody here used this to get a better day in court? Can a judge simply choose to ignore it?

Back in CA, you got the option of traffic school or paying the fine (and insurance bump for three years) - but that was a formal offer during sentencing. The traffic school ended up being cheaper than the fine for the first few years, then they made it more expensive than the fine. If you get any moving violation in CA, you're out a few hundred bucks before insurance gets sloppy seconds.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Safe Driver Course
Posted by: lots o tickets ()
Date: July 31, 2012 09:44PM

its called driver improvement and it can take points off your record. done by DMV

Options: ReplyQuote

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.