HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Old Keene Mill Shopping Center
Posted by: meep ()
Date: June 24, 2012 07:15PM

Why is it impossible to make a left out of that shopping center? This is the one with Vinnys Pizza. You either have to make a right on Rolling because there is a median blocking you, then there is no Uturns at the traffic light, so you have tothen go down Old Keene Mill and then turn around. You can also make a right onto Old Keene Mill, where is the no left turn or u-turns, so you also have drive a few blocks before you can turn around. Am I missing a way to get out of this shopping center?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Old Keene Mill Shopping Center
Posted by: yep ()
Date: June 24, 2012 07:23PM

It amazes me that people come online to ask these kind of questions instead of just using their eyes. You can make a left out of the plaza at the entrance at the end where Washington Sports Club is. It takes forever at high traffic times because there is no light.

Posted by: Random Dude ()
Date: June 24, 2012 08:05PM

It's safer and faster to make a right on rolling and then the left on okm.

Also, I believe it is Victor's, not Vinny's

Posted by: budnick ()
Date: June 24, 2012 08:33PM

meep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why is it impossible to make a left out of that
> shopping center? This is the one with Vinnys
> Pizza. You either have to make a right on Rolling
> because there is a median blocking you, then there
> is no Uturns at the traffic light, so you have
> tothen go down Old Keene Mill and then turn
> around. You can also make a right onto Old Keene
> Mill, where is the no left turn or u-turns, so you
> also have drive a few blocks before you can turn
> around. Am I missing a way to get out of this
> shopping center?

haha it's Victor's Pizza you dumb cock smoking retard moron son of a bitch! Now your whole post is irrelevant because you don't even know your own neighborhood. It's a sign of the new times. The new times of fags who don't know their own area. Long live Fairfax!

Posted by: Uncle Lead Foot ()
Date: June 24, 2012 08:41PM

yep Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It amazes me that people come online to ask these
> kind of questions instead of just using their
> eyes. You can make a left out of the plaza at the
> entrance at the end where Washington Sports Club
> is. It takes forever at high traffic times because
> there is no light.

And for fuck's sake, when you commit to that left turn from there? Accelerator to the fucking floor! That is a blind hill and traffic is often going 40+. If you drive a beater, you'd better take a right and double back.

Date: June 24, 2012 08:53PM

Thanks, Random Dude.

Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: June 25, 2012 12:09AM

Bah - double post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2012 12:11AM by snowdenscold.

Posted by: snowdenscold ()
Date: June 25, 2012 12:09AM

I don't understand what you're asking. Are you trying to go east on OKM road, or north on Rolling? Your post is very ambiguous.

If it's the former, then I'm not sure what U-turning after turning on Rolling has to do with anything, and I don't know why you can't turn left on OKM. Sure, you have to turn right at the exits very close the stoplight - otherwise you would be trying to cut across the eastbound left turn lane! But you can turn left further down (west end), though it's not particularly easy.

If you mean the latter, did you completely miss the nice cut-through that goes one-way northbound between the Whole Foods shopping center and the other shopping center to the north of it (w/ Milano's) that pops you out at that traffic light?? (so you can go North on Rolling)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2012 12:10AM by snowdenscold.

Date: June 25, 2012 01:23AM

I want to make a left back on Rolling Road in the direction of Guinea Road.

Posted by: Springfielder ()
Date: June 25, 2012 01:41AM

If you mean turning left onto Rolling Road towards West Springfield High School, take a look at Snowdenschold's post. There's a cut through in the far corner of the parking lot near the Whole Foods and Rolling Road that will bring you to the traffic light at Rolling Road across from Traford Lane just down from the McDonalds. You can turn left at the light onto Rolling Road.

y'all need to calm down - OP sounds new to the area - cut them some slack...............
Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 25, 2012 08:55AM

@O.P. - yeah, you just gotta explore that Plaza a little more - but you are VERY right it's hard to get out of.

To answer your question directly: The Old Keene Mill/Rolling light is a nasty little piece of work, so they keep the intersection free of little cut-thrus near it. And so they place the left-turn access as far away from the main intersection as possible.

Hope that helps

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.