HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Where around here could i get my car candy painted?
Posted by: cadipimpin ()
Date: December 14, 2007 03:08AM

i need my 99 cadi deville candy painted ive searched online for like 2 days cant find no one around here please let me know asap

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Where around here could i get my car candy painted?
Posted by: Jose711 ()
Date: December 14, 2007 10:48AM

I paint car cheap for you. You buy spray paint cans at Autozone with color you want and bring me. Come by 7-Eleven early morning, I do in parking lot while you wait.

Posted by: HIGHWAY RESIDENT ()
Date: December 14, 2007 10:32PM

sorry i dont have much more information, but ive heard through the grape vine that there is a shop in Richmond, VA that does good candy paint jobs.

and while were on the subject of paint jobs any shops around nova that throw good deals for basic black/glossy black paint job for a '95 camaro?

Posted by: native ()
Date: December 14, 2007 10:52PM

I have a camaro too that I had painted after rebuilding the front end. I had a shop available to me and at the time of paint I had the headers put on so they had to yank out the motor. I did all the prep work myself and did the engine bay and door seals with my buddy . We rented a booth on a base at $14 an hour and primered entire car. I talked to a manager at Maaco and they did a really good multpiple colot coat for $1000. It's been 2 1/2 years since the paint and it still looks like it did the first day.

If you know how to paint or know someone who can paint and co do a job on the side, get them on base and rent the booth. You can get your painter on base if you have a valid military Id and they can just scan his/hers drivers license to check in. Usually they have a designated gate to have a non-military people get in.

Posted by: Paint Job ()
Date: December 14, 2007 11:22PM

You do realize that the car will be worth less if you alter it from stock???

The car, and any improvements are worth less daily.

Why would anyone invest $$ into a car? Unless you are talking a 60-70's muscle car.

Posted by: native ()
Date: December 15, 2007 02:40AM

Attachments:
cad2.jpg
cad 1.jpg

Posted by: canddy ()
Date: December 15, 2007 08:16AM

I know theres a really good shop down in fredricksburg, my boys getiin his 79 monte painted candy and flake, at this shop off 4 mile run, go to
www.low-riders.com , its moslty people from The DC area, they can help.

Posted by: cadipimpin ()
Date: December 17, 2007 01:58AM

cuz i like my car, and i dont care if its worthless as i do things to it. as long as i like it i dont care. the car will be a classic one day. i would do it to my 96 impala but i want to keep that org.

how about this, YOU find me a 60's muscle car in good shape that dosent need to have everything replaced or rebuilt and ill buy it and do it to that car? thanks.

Posted by: tj sandhu ()
Date: June 23, 2012 12:57AM

can you please let me know where i can find a place near by me for a candy paint on my car

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.