HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
No tip for chez whitey
Posted by: Is it me? ()
Date: June 17, 2012 10:29AM

Went to Ruby Tuesday in Chantilly last evening. Nearby was a table of an adult male, two adult females and four children -- one playing a video game on a nintendo as loud as it could be -- extremely annoying. (waiter was white and the customers were black apparently of caribbean origin. I was watching the table from time to time and they were running the waiter ragged. We had the same waiter who was very good. After the family left in their late model Lexus (we were sitting by the window), the waiter went to the table and picked up the check and realized that zero tip was left for him for his efforts -- I know this because his mgr came over to help clear the table and the kid told the mgr in a quiet tone, "I provided them great service and they left me nothing". And then I started thinking, is it wrong to stereotype that certain cultures do not tip? Or is it just plain ignorance?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No tip for chez whitey
Posted by: Waiting ()
Date: June 17, 2012 10:44AM

I was a waiter for seven years. I always made pretty decent money off of tips because I'd always bust my ass for the customer. But in those seven years I NEVER, EVER received any sort of gratuity from black customers except instances where there was a mandatory tip for large parties. Those "caribbean"s you mentioned are most certainly the worst offenders.

Posted by: Meowch ()
Date: June 17, 2012 10:57AM

I would say your experience with the no tipping is pretty typical...Also, they complain to the manager about insignificant stuff in order to get the meal comped.

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: June 17, 2012 11:15AM

I've never stiffed a waiter and I'm well aware of our rep. I work in a grocery store in Arlington. i've seen people of all colors bring back half of what they bought for a full refund (or twice the refund) because they are just horrilble people.

Posted by: Stiffed ()
Date: June 17, 2012 11:23AM

I have a friend who worked as a bartender for a caterer. He dreaded having black customers just because of this. Once he said he worked his ass off for four hours at a wedding reception and all they did was bitch because he wasn't putting enough whiskey in the drinks. (His boss decided how much and he had to follow the rules)
He said normally at an event like this he could expect to make between $350-$400.00 but when they shut down he had a grand total of $14.00.

Date: June 17, 2012 11:34AM

Posted by: Zoologist ()
Date: June 17, 2012 11:38AM

When you throw a bunch of bananas to an ape in the zoo, do you expect it to tip you? You should be glad they didn't throw their poo at you!

Posted by: snooky ()
Date: June 17, 2012 01:24PM

If they paid the bill at all the restaurant should be thankful.

Posted by: Haitian mafia ()
Date: June 17, 2012 01:32PM

op - were you at the south riding location around 7pm last night?

Posted by: Fu ()
Date: June 17, 2012 01:38PM

I usually tip at least 20% and sometimes as much as 30% if it's great service but I'm also white.

I did leave nothing one time. It was extremely horrible service and I ended up complaining to ther waiter and finally manager after service didn't improve. Well, I guess I did leave a tip. Under the line on the bill designated for a "tip" I wrote, "Better service!".

Posted by: Is it me? ()
Date: June 17, 2012 04:23PM

Haitian mafia....it was at Chantilly about 7pm. I said that. They weren't Haitian like you, they didn't smell like you and were not speaking French.

Posted by: NoTip ()
Date: June 17, 2012 05:26PM

As a former waiter, I think the best way to show your dissatisfaction is to leave a nickel as a tip (or a quarter, whatever). It shows that you didn't just forget, but that you are pissed off at the service.

Of course, prior to leaving such a shitty amount, you need to man up and tell the waiter and perhaps the manager that you are dissatisfied and why. If the reaction is just a shrug, then the nickel goes down.

Posted by: Taylor ()
Date: June 17, 2012 05:58PM

It's because Blacks have grown very accustomed to the World and everyone in it owing THEM, not the other way around. They feel they are owed jobs, college admission, passing grades, money, housing, food, electronics, etc.

Not only are they NOT going to tip a waiter, I'm surprised they didn't accuse him of racism and then demand that he pay THEM reparations for 200 year old slavery.

Posted by: I hate them all ()
Date: June 17, 2012 06:27PM

Being a server can make you a very racist person. I tend to pick My nose or wipe my crack before I dip my dirty ass fingers in their ice teas. My last table today left me 5 on 100 and I just laughed cause they got what they deserved. you don't fuck with people who handle your food. I've keyed the cars of people who regularly don't tip. I'll watch them walk out and get in their car and I'll remember what they drive. Next time I see them I tell a manager I have to go to my car to get aspirin, and I'll go out and key the shit out of it. Nothing's more satisfying:)

Posted by: Bruce Variety ()
Date: June 17, 2012 11:00PM

^^^

dayumm son...I tip well I SWEAR IT!!!

(you can bank on that)

*props to good servers, they deserve their tips*

Posted by: noodge ()
Date: June 17, 2012 11:12PM

I worked with a black guy who would tip abnormally large and only eat at three places he frequented because he knew otherwise hed get shitty service on a count of being black and the waiters not expecting him to tip. He readily admitted all his family and black friends being horrible tippers. What I dont understand is the fact that a section of the population that seems so eager to show off dosent tip.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.